HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

2011-2012 USA NTDP Tryout Camp (Camp Finished)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-08-2011, 06:59 PM
  #1
William H Bonney
Registered User
 
William H Bonney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sierra Nevada
Country: United States
Posts: 19,477
vCash: 500
2011-2012 USA NTDP Tryout Camp (Camp Finished)

Forwards (x25):
Pos.NameDOBH.lbs.L/RTeamLeague
FEvan Allen*^03-FEB-955'10180-HoneybakedMM U16
FTaylor Cammarata13-MAY-955'9155LShattuck St. Mary'sMM U16
FConnor Chatham*^30-OCT-956'2185-St. Louis BluesMM U16
FJ.T. Compher*^08-APR-956'0165RTeam IllinoisMM U16
FDawson Cook15-JUN-956'1183LCadillac (Mich.)US-HS
FChase Deleo25-OCT-955'6148LLA SelectsMM U16
FEddie Ellis12-JAN-956'2185-Phillips Andover Academy (Mass.)US Prep
FHudson Fasching*^28-JUL-956'3190RApple Valley (Minn.)US-HS
FTyler Gernhofer10-JAN-955'10195RDallas StarsMM U18
FGabe Guertler03-MAY-955'10170LTeam IllinoisMM U16
FJohn Hayden14-FEB-956'1185RBrunswick School (Conn.)US Prep
FConnor Hutchins31-MAY-955'11163RDallas StarsMM U16
FTyler Kelleher02-JAN-955'6147RDeerfield Academy (Mass.)US Prep
FAnthony Louis*^10-FEB-955'6130LTeam IllinoisMM U16
FMichael McCarron07-MAR-956'5220RHoneybakedMM U18
FConor McGlynn19-JUN-956'0170LOakville RangersMM U16
FTyler Motte*^10-MAR-955'10178LHoneybakedMM U16
FSam Povorozniouk#11-FEB-955'10184-Chicago SteelUSHL
FMichael Sabatini08-JAN-956'0162-HoneybakedMM U16
FAlex Schoenborn--95---Minot (N.D.)US-HS
FBrandon Shea*^30-JUN-955'11170LNobles and Greenough Prep (Mass.)US Prep
FRyan Siroky03-FEB-955'11180RLA SelectsMM U16
FMichael Turner23-SEP-956'1180-Chicago SteelUSHL
FDaniel Vanderwiel17-FEB-955'10190-Team IllinoisMM U16
FLuke Voltin*^13-APR-956'0175LHill-Murray (Minn.)US-HS

Defense (x16):
Pos.NameDOBH.lbs.L/RTeamLeague
DGage Ausmus*^22-APR-956'1185LEast Grand Forks (Minn.)US-HS
DWill Butcher*^06-JAN-955'11195-Madison CapitalsMM U18
DMichael Downing19-MAY-956'3175LDetroit Catholic Central (Mich.)US-HS
DAnthony Florentino30-JAN-956'1200RSouth Kent Prep (Conn.)US Prep
DJordan Gross09-MAY-955'10165RMaple Grove (Minn.)US-HS
DTrevor Hamilton*^17-MAR-956'0179RHoneybakedMM U16
DClint Lewis*^12-JAN-956'2180LShattuck St. Mary'sMM U16
DCharlie Pelnik15-MAY-956'4185LCarolina Jr. HurricanesNAPHL
DStuart Pomeroy05-FEB-956'2185RChicago Young AmericansMM U16
DWillie Raskob14-MAR-955'10190RShattuck St. Mary'sMM U16
DSteve Santini*^07-MAR-956'3205RApple CoreEJHL
DScott Savage*^11-APR-955'11150LLA SelectsMM U16
DCorey Schueneman02-SEP-956'0165LLittle CaesersMM U16
DAlex Smith31-JAN-956'0170RHoneybakedMM U18
DKeaton Thompson*^14-SEP-956'0165LFargo ForceUSHL
DWilson Vershay10-JUN-956'3185-Nichols School (N.Y.)US Prep

Goalies (x4):
Pos.NameDOBH.lbs.L/RTeamLeague
DBrendan Burke11-MAR-956'2175LPhoenix Jr. CoyotesMM U16
DIan Jenkins13-AUG-955'10160LBelle TireMM U16
DHunter Miska*^--955'10150LNorth Branch (Minn.)US-HS
DDevin Williams30-OCT-955'11140LMotor City Metal JacketsNAPHL


* = Offered a Spot on Team
^ = Committed to NTDP
# = Injured and did not attend camp


http://usahockey.cachefly.net/NTDP/2011CampRoster.pdf


Tryout Camp is March 21-24.

__________________
"I have been complimented many times and they always embarrass me; I always feel that they have not said enough." - Mark Twain.

Last edited by William H Bonney: 05-24-2011 at 06:35 PM.
William H Bonney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 07:15 PM
  #2
William H Bonney
Registered User
 
William H Bonney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sierra Nevada
Country: United States
Posts: 19,477
vCash: 500
Breakdown by State:

Michigan - 11
Minnesota - 8
Illinois - 7
Massachusetts - 5
California - 3
Texas - 2
New York - 2
North Dakota - 2
Arizona - 1
Florida - 1
Wisconsin - 1
Connecticut - 1
North Carolina - 1

Breakdown by League:

Midget Minor - 21
High School - 9
Prep School - 6
Midget Major - 4
USHL - 2
NAPHL - 2
EJHL - 1

Early Commits (Confirmed): Will Butcher, Connor Chatham, J.T. Compher, Hudson Fasching, Steve Santini, Scott Savage, and Brandon Shea.

"Notable Omissions":

Max Becker (LA Selects Midget Minor)
Eric Comrie (LA Selects Midget Minor) - Not sure if he even has American citizenship; WHL lock anyway.
Anthony DeAngelo (Cedar Rapids Rough Riders USHL) - High end guy already in USHL. Out for season with broken kneecap.
Adam Erne (Indiana Ice USHL) - High end guy already in USHL.
Ian McCoshen (Waterloo Blackhawks USHL) - High end guy already in USHL.
Alex Talcott (Honeybaked Midget Major)
Brian Williams (LA Selects Midget Minor)


Last edited by William H Bonney: 03-19-2011 at 02:50 PM.
William H Bonney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 08:43 PM
  #3
Tigers1992
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
Thanks for posting that


Last edited by William H Bonney: 03-08-2011 at 09:42 PM.
Tigers1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 08:57 PM
  #4
HalbertGil*
crab whom enjoy
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: mongolia
Country: Laos
Posts: 767
vCash: 500
Can someone give me some information on
Taylor Cammarata
Alex Smith
Connor Hutchins
Trevor Hamilton

HalbertGil* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 08:58 PM
  #5
pdxshark
@jmbradd
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Portland, OR
Country: United States
Posts: 1,059
vCash: 500
Chase Deleo is a very good player. Made a big impression on lots of us at winterhawks training camp. Think he is keeping his options open because he did not play in any preseason games, thus maintaining his amateur status.

From what I remember a smaller, highly skilled player. Similar to hawks first round bantam pick Nic Petan.

pdxshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 09:08 PM
  #6
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Country: South Africa
Posts: 39,945
vCash: 50
And thanks a lot OP!

How do you get all these? Do you have a hockey profession?


Last edited by William H Bonney: 03-08-2011 at 09:43 PM. Reason: removed qp/edited it down
Granlund2Pulkkinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 09:49 PM
  #7
William H Bonney
Registered User
 
William H Bonney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sierra Nevada
Country: United States
Posts: 19,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers1992 View Post
Thanks for posting that
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granlund2Pulkkinen View Post
And thanks a lot OP!

How do you get all these? Do you have a hockey profession?
You're welcome.

...No, I don't. I was made aware of the list by Chris Peters, a former USA Hockey PR guy and now a freelance hockey writer. Very good source for USA Hockey info. Here's his twitter and blog.

William H Bonney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 10:15 PM
  #8
The Exiled One
Registered User
 
The Exiled One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: State of Hockey
Country: United States
Posts: 1,040
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
Early Commits (Rumored): Will Butcher, J.T. Compher, Steve Santini, and Scott Savage.
Hudson Fasching was offered but hasn't yet accepted. Goaltender Hunter Miska has been offered and has accepted.

The Exiled One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 10:23 PM
  #9
EpicNeilTime
Registered User
 
EpicNeilTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,222
vCash: 500
Is that Sean Burke's son?

EpicNeilTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 10:26 PM
  #10
William H Bonney
Registered User
 
William H Bonney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sierra Nevada
Country: United States
Posts: 19,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Exiled One View Post
Hudson Fasching was offered but hasn't yet accepted. Goaltender Hunter Miska has been offered and has accepted.
Thanks for the update. With Hudson's family situation, I'm guessing his decision will come down to the wire. He'll probably be afforded as much time as he wants.

Do you happen to know Luke Voltin, Jordan Gross, and Hunter Miska's DOB? Trying to fill out the chart.

William H Bonney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 10:26 PM
  #11
William H Bonney
Registered User
 
William H Bonney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sierra Nevada
Country: United States
Posts: 19,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KanataBlazers17 View Post
Is that Sean Burke's son?
Yes. Last I saw was Sean saying he'd probably be heading to the WHL (Portland) next year.

William H Bonney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 11:07 PM
  #12
Tigers1992
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
Thanks for the update. With Hudson's family situation, I'm guessing his decision will come down to the wire. He'll probably be afforded as much time as he wants.

Do you happen to know Luke Voltin, Jordan Gross, and Hunter Miska's DOB? Trying to fill out the chart.
I can provide the OHL Eligible players DOB if you are having troubles locating them

Tigers1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 11:49 PM
  #13
William H Bonney
Registered User
 
William H Bonney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sierra Nevada
Country: United States
Posts: 19,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers1992 View Post
I can provide the OHL Eligible players DOB if you are having troubles locating them
I need whatever is left on the charts (DOBs and which way they shoot).

William H Bonney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 09:13 AM
  #14
The Exiled One
Registered User
 
The Exiled One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: State of Hockey
Country: United States
Posts: 1,040
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
Thanks for the update. With Hudson's family situation, I'm guessing his decision will come down to the wire. He'll probably be afforded as much time as he wants.

Do you happen to know Luke Voltin, Jordan Gross, and Hunter Miska's DOB? Trying to fill out the chart.
Jordan Gross - May 9, shoots right
Luke Voltin - April 13, shoots left
I couldn't find Hunter Miska's


Last edited by The Exiled One: 03-09-2011 at 09:28 AM.
The Exiled One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 09:33 AM
  #15
dangsLITE
Registered User
 
dangsLITE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Dirty Jeez
Country: United States
Posts: 95
vCash: 500
No Alex Talcott, who recently committed to Michigan?

dangsLITE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 09:52 AM
  #16
Tigers1992
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,361
vCash: 500
Michael McCarron - 3/7/95 - Right
Alex Smith - 1/31/95 - Right

Tigers1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 11:58 AM
  #17
William H Bonney
Registered User
 
William H Bonney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sierra Nevada
Country: United States
Posts: 19,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangsLITE View Post
No Alex Talcott, who recently committed to Michigan?
Nope. I know USHR really liked him at last summer's Select 15 Camp. He could be missing for a variety of reasons. USA Hockey just may not be that high on him. Maybe he can't attend due to an injury or family obligation. USA Hockey may just be wrong not to have him there.

That said, getting an invite to the NTDP camp isn't the be-all-end-all for making the team. Your odds aren't high if you weren't invited but you'll likely still have a chance to impress the NTDP staff. They still evaluate players during the summer's Select 16 Camp. From that camp, the top players are selected for a select team that plays in a U-17 Five Nations tournament in August.

There's 3 guys (Olson, Koules, Osterberg) on the current U-17 team that weren't invited to last summer's NTDP camp.

There's 3 guys (Murphy, Fiala, McCabe) on the current U-18 team that weren't invited to their respective NTDP camp.

There's 3 guys (Czarnik, Higgins, Faulk) that were on the U-18 team before the current team that weren't at their respective NTDP camp.

The poster boy for not being invited to the NTDP Camp and then going on to make the team after impressing during the summer's Select 16 Camp and the corresponding U-17 Five Nations Tournament..............Patrick Kane.

William H Bonney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 01:17 PM
  #18
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Oilers Chick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Philly in April 2014
Country: United States
Posts: 5,963
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxshark View Post
Chase Deleo is a very good player. Made a big impression on lots of us at winterhawks training camp. Think he is keeping his options open because he did not play in any preseason games, thus maintaining his amateur status.

From what I remember a smaller, highly skilled player. Similar to hawks first round bantam pick Nic Petan.
He is. I'd also add that he's pesky and very quick.

I actually saw the three LA Selects players recently play in the CAHA (California Amateur Hockey Associations) U16 state championship vs. the San Diego Jr. Gulls in Escondido.

Siroky is a similar type of player to DeLeo, although he brings more grit to his game. Very slick with the puck too.

But Scott Savage may be the best of the three IMO. Savage has verbally committed to Boston College for I believe for 2013 (maybe 2014). He was by far one of the best players playing in that championship game. I guess if I had to compare Savage's style to a current player, I'd have to go with Brian Dumoulin - except Savage also brings a great physical element to his game. He moves the puck really well, very good skater and has just a bomb of a shot. For a kid his age, he's very strong and likes to play the body. Finishes his checks with some authority and just has great potential, not only at the collegiate level, but possibly at the pro level down the road as well.

Oilers Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 04:44 PM
  #19
Garyboy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,555
vCash: 500
Thanks for posting this, William.

Glad to see Tyler Motte on the list. I really like his game. Any idea why DeAngelo and Erne were left off? I thought they were two of the premier 95's in the country. Could it be that the USNDP thinks they're CHL bound? Thanks

Garyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 04:48 PM
  #20
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: derderderderderderde
Country: Sao Tome e Principe
Posts: 12,073
vCash: 500
Fargo pretty much destroyed their roster to get Keaton Thompson into 10 games for "veteran" status. I honestly hope the kid goes to the NTDP. Would be just another moronic player personnel move by the Fargo staff.

IkeaMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 05:02 PM
  #21
Shoots and Ladders
Registered User
 
Shoots and Ladders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: JFK
Country: United States
Posts: 677
vCash: 500
Anyone know why Brian Williams didt get a Invite I remember him being pretty hype

Shoots and Ladders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 05:04 PM
  #22
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Lakewood CA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,898
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
Breakdown by State:

Michigan - 11
Minnesota - 8
Illinois - 7
Massachusetts - 5
California - 3
Texas - 2
New York - 2
North Dakota - 2
Arizona - 1
Florida - 1
Wisconsin - 1
Connecticut - 1
North Carolina - 1

Breakdown by League:

Midget Minor - 21
High School - 9
Prep School - 6
Midget Major - 4
USHL - 2
NAPHL - 2
EJHL - 1

Early Commits (Rumored): Will Butcher, J.T. Compher, Hunter Miska, Steve Santini, and Scott Savage.

"Notable Omissions":

Max Becker (LA Selects Midget Minor)
Eric Comrie (LA Selects Midget Minor) - Not sure if he even has American citizenship; WHL lock anyway.
Anthony DeAngelo (Cedar Rapids Rough Riders USHL) - High end guy already in USHL. Out for season with broken kneecap.
Adam Erne (Indiana Ice USHL) - High end guy already in USHL.
Ian McCoshen (Waterloo Blackhawks USHL) - High end guy already in USHL.
Alex Talcott (Honeybaked Midget Major)
Brian Williams (LA Selects Midget Minor)
LA Selects pumping out bad ass hockey players as always!

Ducksgo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 05:06 PM
  #23
William H Bonney
Registered User
 
William H Bonney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sierra Nevada
Country: United States
Posts: 19,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyboy View Post
Thanks for posting this, William.

Glad to see Tyler Motte on the list. I really like his game. Any idea why DeAngelo and Erne were left off? I thought they were two of the premier 95's in the country. Could it be that the USNDP thinks they're CHL bound? Thanks
It's hard to know on DeAngelo or Erne. With DeAngelo it wouldn't matter since he broke his kneecap in February and wouldn't be able to participate anyway. He could have been invited/offered and we just don't know it. While he's in the USHL already, that only really plays a part in the player's decision. USA Hockey brought Nick Ebert, from Waterloo in the USHL, to last year's camp and offered him knowing he was most likely headed to the OHL. I think a lot of people expect DeAngelo to be OHL bound since he's a late '95. Unless he accelerates his schooling to enter BU (where he's committed) early, he'd be spending 4 years in the USHL before his NHL draft. For a high-end prospect like Anthony, that makes zero sense. I'd expect him in the OHL next season, although I could see a slim chance he'd join the NTDP for 2 years and then play one in the OHL a la Pat Kane.

No idea on Erne. I'd suspect he's happy with Indiana and said "thanks but no thanks" to the invite. He's QMJHL territory so he's a lot less likely to "bolt" to the CHL.

William H Bonney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 05:15 PM
  #24
William H Bonney
Registered User
 
William H Bonney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sierra Nevada
Country: United States
Posts: 19,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoots and Ladders View Post
Anyone know why Brian Williams didt get a Invite I remember him being pretty hype
Sounds like some other players have caught up to him or passed him in overall skill. I've heard rumors that he seems disinterested this season. Not sure if that's even accurate or if he feels like he's above the Midget Minor level. He's a smaller guy too so that doesn't help.

I expected him to be there but you never know why he's not. He could be headed to the WHL (Tri City) with his teammate Eric Comrie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers Chick View Post
He is. I'd also add that he's pesky and very quick.

I actually saw the three LA Selects players recently play in the CAHA (California Amateur Hockey Associations) U16 state championship vs. the San Diego Jr. Gulls in Escondido.

Siroky is a similar type of player to DeLeo, although he brings more grit to his game. Very slick with the puck too.

But Scott Savage may be the best of the three IMO. Savage has verbally committed to Boston College for I believe for 2013 (maybe 2014). He was by far one of the best players playing in that championship game. I guess if I had to compare Savage's style to a current player, I'd have to go with Brian Dumoulin - except Savage also brings a great physical element to his game. He moves the puck really well, very good skater and has just a bomb of a shot. For a kid his age, he's very strong and likes to play the body. Finishes his checks with some authority and just has great potential, not only at the collegiate level, but possibly at the pro level down the road as well.
What was your opinion on Max Becker, Brian Williams, and Trevor Moore from that LA Selects squad when you saw them? Thanks for the information as well. Really excited to see what Savage does with the NTDP since he's already committed.

William H Bonney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 03:34 PM
  #25
Garyboy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,555
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
It's hard to know on DeAngelo or Erne. With DeAngelo it wouldn't matter since he broke his kneecap in February and wouldn't be able to participate anyway. He could have been invited/offered and we just don't know it. While he's in the USHL already, that only really plays a part in the player's decision. USA Hockey brought Nick Ebert, from Waterloo in the USHL, to last year's camp and offered him knowing he was most likely headed to the OHL. I think a lot of people expect DeAngelo to be OHL bound since he's a late '95. Unless he accelerates his schooling to enter BU (where he's committed) early, he'd be spending 4 years in the USHL before his NHL draft. For a high-end prospect like Anthony, that makes zero sense. I'd expect him in the OHL next season, although I could see a slim chance he'd join the NTDP for 2 years and then play one in the OHL a la Pat Kane.

No idea on Erne. I'd suspect he's happy with Indiana and said "thanks but no thanks" to the invite. He's QMJHL territory so he's a lot less likely to "bolt" to the CHL.
Thanks for the info on the two.

Garyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:32 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.