HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

A different idea...

Closed Thread

Old
07-27-2005, 08:14 PM
Canucker
Go Hawks!

vCash: 500
A different idea...

It might be possible that Minnesota trades with Burke to move up so they can get Jack Johnson who is a Minnesota native. Then Burke could trade the aquired pick to Vancouver.

To Anahiem: Brent Burns or A.J Thelen + #4 pick overall

To Minnesota: #2 pick overall + 3rd round pick

(I'm not too educated as to how highly regarded Minnesota's prospects are so this is more of an idea of what could happen rather than trying to make a fair proposal on behalf of two teams i don't keep up on)

To Vancouver: #4 pick overall + Rob Niedermayer

To Anahiem: #10 pick overall + Sopel + Fedor Fedorov (maybe playing with his brother will motivate him?)/or a draft pick 4th or so.

Anyhow, just some food for thought.

Old
07-27-2005, 08:16 PM
SedinFan*

Send a message via MSN to SedinFan*
Burke has no interest in dealing with Fedor Fedorov, he made that clear in Vancouver. Why would he acquire another Fedorov when Fedor already hates Burke. Pointless move for Burke.

Old
07-27-2005, 08:19 PM
Hedberg
MLD Glue Guy

Kind of pointless deals. The idea of Fedor back to Burke:

Old
07-27-2005, 08:24 PM
Canucker
Go Hawks!

It'd give Burke a whipping boy.

Old
07-27-2005, 09:44 PM
GJB
- - - -

vCash: 50
Good lord.

I cannot understand this obsession to bring Rob Niedermayer here. Plus we are looking to win now, trading away a top 4 defenseman in Sopel will hurt us by leaving another hole to fill.

Old
07-27-2005, 10:17 PM
Avery4Byng*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregB4
Good lord.

I cannot understand this obsession to bring Rob Niedermayer here. Plus we are looking to win now, trading away a top 4 defenseman in Sopel will hurt us by leaving another hole to fill.
No kidding.... I would trade Malik the geek ANYDAY over Sopel. Sopes is a great puck moving D-man who does his job, its too bad fans around here dont like him much

Old
07-27-2005, 10:22 PM
quat
winsome, loathsome

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to quat
One thing everyone here would love to see:

Burke trade the #2 pick to Philly for a package including.... Mr.Umberger!!!!

Yup. Imagine RJ's face as he gets the news heh heh heh.

Old
07-27-2005, 11:34 PM
Canucker
Go Hawks!

*sigh*

#1 I understand Burke's feelings about Fedor Fedorov and I only included him as an option because Sergei plays for Anahiem and could bring out the best in both if they played together. I gave an option of a draft choice if FF was deemed unrealistic.

#2 I really don't care much if Rob Niedermayer comes here or not, I only included him because he is Scott's brother and if it helps bring Scott here (especially at a discounted price) I'm all for it. Plus Rob Niedermayer is a quality player in his own right and wouldn't hurt us.

#3 I'm not anti-sopel, I'm pro Jovo. If we need to dump a defenseman in order to make room for Niedermayer I'd rather it was Sopel than Jovo.

#4 I would have included Malik if I thought it would be enough to swing a deal, but lets be serious here. We aren't going to pawn Malik off to any GM with half a brain in order to move up. In order to get something you have to give something.

Closed Thread