HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

AK+Eller

Old
03-09-2011, 12:06 AM
NewHabsEra*

vCash: 500
There is nothing like watching A.Kost smile, what he actually does.. thats good thats good.. Eller is playing great as well showing alot of positives..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 12:18 AM
overlords
Hfboards

If eller breaks 10 goals i will be ecstatic.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 12:45 AM
googlymoogly

The AK Eller Moen line was one of the best tonight. Big guys that aren't easy to handle.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 01:03 AM
stubbadub

They're both bigger than most people think. AKost's upper body is built like a brick **** house it seems. There used to be a belly there, but I don't know what's going on now. I think that since they don't play a first or second line speed that Moen is fitting in just perfect. Personally I'd like to see Pouliot there throwing his weight around, but he'll probably be on the first or second now with Patches out. All of these guys knowing their roles after the must have felt dangled at the trade deadline is probably best for the playoffs because nobody has been moving around much lately besides Halpern. We're going to be a well structured team by the playoffs. Everyone knows their roll and they're shutting up and playing.

stubbadub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 06:26 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
our best line recently.

its nice to have 4 lines that can score. match the DD or eller/ak line against the opponent's 3-4 line and chances are they can beat them and score a few. right now we got 4 lines that can score if the first or second line doesn't show up or gets outplayed.

gotta give it to martin for playing those lines against lines they can actually beat. no "let's put dd on the second line", or "switch eller with gomez" as some suggested martin should do. ak, dd, pools, and eller are thriving against slower, less talented lines and **** me, i love it. if the opposing coach starts matching eller's line against a better line, he can switch to the dd line and not skip a beat.

as a side note: who knew ak would thrive if you demoted him?

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 06:30 AM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

I remember earlier in the year Eller was asked whether he thought he'd be better off playing in the AHL and he mentioned that in his first year in the SEL he started off slow then at the end of the regular season once he got adjusted to the speed he started putting up close to a point a game to finish the season... looks like he's starting to adjust to the NHL.

Kostitsyn has been a beast and Moen has been excellent with them two.

YMCMBeaulieu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 06:32 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 06:59 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
this line best line

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 08:18 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
We'll need Eller and Kostitsyn to play well if we want to have that sneaky depth to win games in the playoffs. So far so good, hope they keep it up.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 08:36 AM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
We'll need Eller and Kostitsyn to play well if we want to have that sneaky depth to win games in the playoffs. So far so good, hope they keep it up.
Exactly I really hope Martin keeps them together because were putting offense throughout the lineup, since AK and Eller have been put together what 8 games now, in those 8 Games Eller has 7 points Kostitsyn has 9 points. So if opposing teams decide to shift defenseman to Eller and Kostitsyn you've still gotta contain pleks and Cammy, and Gomer Gio and Maxpac, and of course DD and Pouliot are starting to develop some serious chemistry.

Our depth is starting to shine through with all these young offensive players, we may not be philly but when you can score 4 goals on the team with one of the best GA/G for the league It does give you pause. If we can manage to keep this offensive depth around resign Wiz, Markov and Gill I think we can make a serious run next year. Which has me very excited even for this year.

subbanged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 08:55 AM
Maxpac

Renaud Lavoie said on his twitter he think Kostitsyn will get the "promotion" and play with Gomez and Gionta. Better not!

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 09:03 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Renaud Lavoie said on his twitter he think Kostitsyn will get the "promotion" and play with Gomez and Gionta. Better not!
Yeah that makes no sense...why mess with a line that's produced 18 points(7-11-18) in 7 games since being put together playing about 12-14 minutes a night.

AK 3-5-8
Moen 0-4-4
Eller 4-2-6

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 09:05 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

I always liked Eller's flashes but the last 7-10 days he's starting to look like a very good NHL player. 4-5 times a night he has a shift that makes you think he is a 60-70 point guy. His confidence handling the puck, driving the net and poise with scoring chances has grown a lot from the start of the season.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 09:57 AM
compile

vCash: 611
It's about patience. Eller even though struggling still made passes that most guys dream about. The fact he wasn't playing his natural position hurt him to.

compile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 12:35 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
Andrei and Eller are good together, they should be roomies. I'm positive some of Lars' character would rub off on; him he seems like a geniune good person and a hard working kid. Not that Andrei isn't, but he needs to find a new "bro" to hang out with imo and Eller is the perfect fit.
Excellent post. Every interview/activity, Kost seems like the outcast. Doesn't talk much and doesn't want to. A little with Gomer, but not too much.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 12:38 PM
J Sawyer
Beamer Hearts VCR

The only line in the forward corps without a little guy

J Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote