HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Max Pac severe concussion & verterbrae fracture (UPDATE: to practice in 4-6 weeks!!!)

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2011, 08:59 AM
BeBen*

vCash: 500
Max Pac severe concussion & verterbrae fracture (UPDATE: to practice in 4-6 weeks!!!)

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/316296.html

Wow...i don't know what to say i hope he's going to be ok

Saying he almost ended his career doesen't seem so far off...

Habs are going to hold a press conference today to give news about it

Old
03-09-2011, 09:02 AM
RomanianLeafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeBen View Post
http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/316296.html

Wow...i don't know what to say i hope he's going to be ok

Saying he almost ended his career doesen't seem so far off...

Habs are going to hold a press conference today to give news about it
can u pls translate it for me? man i hope the kid is alright i`m a leafs fan but i had tears in my eyes watching that hit, chara needs a suspension, no doubt about that..

Old
03-09-2011, 09:04 AM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanianLeafs View Post
can u pls translate it for me? man i hope the kid is alright i`m a leafs fan but i had tears in my eyes watching that hit, chara needs a suspension, no doubt about that..
I usually just use Babelfish its not great but it gets the job done

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate...rUrl=Translate
Not great but worth a look

Old
03-09-2011, 09:05 AM
Rbk
MontrealCulinary*****

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Rbk Send a message via Skype™ to Rbk
Severe concussion for Max Pacioretty. Neck injury. Possible fracture but that's not confirm yet.

Old
03-09-2011, 09:05 AM
BeBen*

Quote:
Really it just says what's in the title + the last sentence about the press conference

Old
03-09-2011, 09:06 AM
Charlie Milles*
Uh... Go Canucks?

Quote:
Max Pacioretty is suffering from a severe concussion and a neck injury.

The possibility that the forward has suffered a fracture is not excluded.

The Montreal team will have a press briefing today to make an assessment on the health status of No. 67.

Old
03-09-2011, 09:07 AM
MathMan

I don't want to see him in a Habs jersey again until at least September.

Old
03-09-2011, 09:07 AM
RomanianLeafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Milles View Post
Max Pacioretty is suffering from a severe concussion and a neck injury.

The possibility that the forward has suffered a fracture is not excluded.

The Montreal team will have a press briefing today to make an assessment on the health status of No. 67.
10x a lot..

Old
03-09-2011, 09:08 AM
Capitano

I'm so disgusted by this.

Old
03-09-2011, 09:08 AM
WestIslander

I hate to say this but we might not see Pacioretty until training camp next season.

Secondly, I think that the best thing now would be to take the lead and finish 1st in the north east and in the top 3 in the conference this season.

Old
03-09-2011, 09:10 AM
OpenIceHit

I don't see why Chara would not deserve a McSorley/Bertuzzi type of suspension. Let's see if this league is a joke or not.

Old
03-09-2011, 09:10 AM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
I don't want to see him in a Habs jersey again until at least September.
I hope we get to see him a Habs Jersey again at the same level that he was playing at, Max was a serious player this team had and if he comes back he might never be the same again

Old
03-09-2011, 09:11 AM
un_lavalois*

Only in hockey. I'm still trying to convince my cousin, who is a huge soccer fan, that hockey is not a barbarian sport. Good job Mr Campbell maybe you will react when someone uses his skate to injure your son during a hockey game.

Old
03-09-2011, 09:12 AM
HomaridII

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
I hate to say this but we might not see Pacioretty until training camp next season.

Secondly, I think that the best thing now would be to take the lead and finish 1st in the north east and in the top 3 in the conference this season.

At this point, if it is as serious as they said this morning, I would prefer not to see him play this season. The kid is only 22, has a very long future ahead of him in life and in the NHL, he should focus on his health and recovering. Severe Concussions are nothing to be joking about, he could easily be out a very long time with post concussion symptoms. Look at Moore, he says he still suffers symptoms from time to time.

I stopped breathing yesterday for a second when I saw Dr. Mulder checking for a pulse. Scariest thing I've seen in 15 plus years of watching hockey.

Old
03-09-2011, 09:12 AM
Capitano

I just want Max to be ok period...his future games as a hab seems about as pointless to talk about as the 3rd period was last night.

I have been a hockey fan for a long time and this is the first time that I have thought about not following this anymore.

Old
03-09-2011, 09:16 AM
toronto murphy laws

Leafs fan here.

I can't believe what a goon Chara is. I also can't believe some are saying this was a legal hit.

It was negligent, reckless, and late. Whether he intended to smack pax's head off the glass could be debated, but to say he didn't want to throw him into the stanchions is ignorant. The fact that it was an unwarranted hit that lead to such a devastating injury tells me that he should absolutely be reprimanded.

I really hope the league does the right thing and throws the book at Chara. He has to learn that his strength needs to be kept in check for the safety of others. I have no problem with him throwing hard clean hits but this wasn't one of them. Very scary...

One of these days Chara's gonna get a two hander to the face.

Old
03-09-2011, 09:17 AM
Picaroon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitano View Post
I just want Max to be ok period...his future games as a hab seems about as pointless to talk about as the 3rd period was last night.

I have been a hockey fan for a long time and this is the first time that I have thought about not following this anymore.
Me too. This is a defining moment for the NHL. This was a sickening act. It's time to think outside the box of a "hockey fan" and look at this as human beings. I actually cried when I watched this happen last night. I don't think I can morally support this league if they don't react properly.

Old
03-09-2011, 09:17 AM
Bullsmith

Claude Julien might as well have done this himself. Even AFTER this hit, down 4-0, he was double-shifting his fourth line and sending Lucic and Horton after Pouliot and Subban. When what happened to MaxPac doesn't phase you (I notice Chara shows zero remorse and accepts zero responsibility) you've lost your moral compass. Sadly, the league has decided they prefer thuggery to hockey.

Pax lies in a hospital bed. The Bruins sleep like babies. The NHL seems to think Matt Cooke is the best player in Pittsburgh, certainly he's the kind of player they are encouraging these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramonajams View Post
Leafs fan here.

I can't believe what a goon Chara is. I also can't believe some are saying this was a legal hit.

It was negligent, reckless, and late. Whether he intended to smack pax's head off the glass could be debated, but to say he didn't want to throw him into the stanchions is ignorant. The fact that it was an unwarranted hit that lead to such a devastating injury tells me that he should absolutely be reprimanded.

I really hope the league does the right thing and throws the book at Chara. He has to learn that his strength needs to be kept in check for the safety of others. I have no problem with him throwing hard clean hits but this wasn't one of them. Very scary...

One of these days Chara's gonna get a two hander to the face.
To make things even worse, this is the third straight game Chara has gone after him. Accident my butt.

Old
03-09-2011, 09:20 AM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Health is more important than sports

Old
03-09-2011, 09:20 AM
E = CH²

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenIceHit View Post
I don't see why Chara would not deserve a McSorley/Bertuzzi type of suspension. Let's see if this league is a joke or not.
Breaking news : the league is a joke.

I'd be shocked if Chara got more than 3 games. That's the NHL for you.

Old
03-09-2011, 09:22 AM
CastroLeRobot
Hab-a-bouille

What happens next will have an impact on me as a hockey consumer and how/if I will expose my 2 y/o son to NHL hockey in the future.

A crime was committed last night on the ice. Every single person that saw it knew that right away, in their guts. The league, or the cops, need to provide justice.

I am disgusted.

Old
03-09-2011, 09:22 AM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post

I wish we had another league to follow.

I hope every franchise south of PA fails. I seriously want this league to fall

Old
03-09-2011, 09:23 AM
neofury*

I have to agree with people referring to the level of shock. It was scary my heart nearly stopped when I saw it. The replay especially in full speed, wow... this guy should be suspended for the rest of the season if not the playoffs too. But since he's a star player he won't be. It's ridiculous. What McSorely did was no better imo. Chara is already a star NHL defenseman and he possibly just ruined the career of a promising young forward.

If Chara gets less than 5 games and imo even 5 games is a joke, then the NHL will have an uproar because let's face it, Leafs and Habs fans run this sport. We're the reason a lot of other teams aren't closing their doors. We do have a good amount of power despite what people thing, as fans and as an organization. I can't see this ending well for Campbell or the league if Chara isn't punished accordingly, which I know he likely won't be. (PS I know Campbell isn't the one doing the judgment, but it's just one thing after another because he's **** at doing his job)

If this happened to say MacArthur, you can be sure it would be just as big a deal. Heck I'd even be pissed if I saw this happen to a Boston player let alone one of my own. It was a ****** thing Chara did and if the league doesn't punish him I have a gut feeling our team will, by eliminating them out of the playoffs.

Boston just sealed their own fate. Remember Zednick.

If the league would suspend people for as long as the player was out to the maximum of 82 games + playoffs, anything more than that would be you're kicked out of the NHL anyways, they'd see guys like Cooke wouldn't be little *****es and do dirty hits anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastroLeRobot View Post
What happens next will have an impact on me as a hockey consumer and how/if I will expose my 2 y/o son to NHL hockey in the future.

A crime was committed last night on the ice. Every single person that saw it knew that right away, in their guts. The league, or the cops, need to provide justice.

I am disgusted.
Yeah it really is that bad. I can't believe some people actually support what Chara did or say it was an accident. Every player knows how dangerous that section of the boards can be. Chara deliberately went after him and everybody knows it. I'm a firm believer that we shouldn't fill our roster up with thugs to send a message but man.... it makes you wonder if Chara would've done that had he had to answer to a guy like Boogard.(sp?)

Last edited by neofury*: 03-09-2011 at 09:40 AM.
Old
03-09-2011, 09:23 AM
PyrettaBlaze*

Horrible news... The fact that Chara is only scheduled for a phone hearing (less than 5 games suspension) makes me absolutely livid. What a bush league. Unreal.

Old
03-09-2011, 09:24 AM
Aznrx8

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post

I'm with you i think it's in the 3 games range also. The league is a real joke.
They are going to base it on the hit by Orpik to Cole that broke his neck and that was 3 games so i wouldn't be surprise that they gave something similar....

Closed Thread