HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

It's my anniversary. Beat the Sharks!

Old
03-09-2011, 03:26 AM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWheel View Post
Who's Trotz going to call out now, "where's Geoffrion?"
That's what I was thinking. Rinne now?

Trotz' antics have obviously fallen on dead ears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
Trading Weber for a fat deal involving a top end scorer is starting to sound better to me. I dont think we should but its o so tempting to see what the return could be.
No,we should. We also need our 1st round pick back that's looking like a lottery pick.

gopreds19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 05:24 AM
JussiM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobears19 View Post
We also need our 1st round pick back that's looking like a lottery pick.
What is this I don't even.. Am I on NP.com forums? I mean really, a lottery pick? The team just got four points from the road trip, that's decent. And a nice home stand coming up, sure there's teams like Boston and Detroit but sheesh, show some faith people!

JussiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 06:27 AM
glenngineer

Smithson and Spaling as the third set of forwards out on the ice in OT. That says it all to me. When was the last time those two saw the ice in OT? You've got Fisher and SK on the bench yet we play Smithson and Spaling. Then we follow up with Leggy and Erat for their second shift before SK and Fisher hit the ice. Now granted, those two are on the ice when they score but really, Smithson and Spaling in OT? You've got to be freaking kidding me. Can he be fired now? Has he proven enough stupidity with his strategy, line combos, failed PP, flame outs in the playoffs? Please find a new coach that coaches to win as opposed to squeaking by.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 08:43 AM
glenngineer

Another reason we don't score, 10 shots combined in the last 2 periods. 6 & 4 were the shots in the second and third. Now wonder why we can't score, we don't freaking shoot. 13 in the first though. Maybe if we put more pucks to the net they might go in.

Old
03-09-2011, 08:49 AM
roseyc

I am willing to live with the line combos from the game last night. But the game was on the stick of fisher and he didn't convert. This was his game he was setup point blank on two chances. You got to bury those. In a game that was this tight those chances have to be converted. Rinne again was stellar. It pains me to think that if we don't make the playoffs that Rinne's effort will go unnoticed. It also pains me that when we outplay a team and it doesn't show up on the scoresheet then the effort was wasted. It was nice to see Dumont out there again. Even though he looked rusty and made a few bad plays though the Sharks didn't score. Overall the sk/wilson/fisher line looked good. Sk and Wilson showed a spark but lack of chemistry was due to trying to learn one another. Wilson made some really nice passes tonight and to say the least Sk with sickest of passes which Fisher promptly shot into the chest. That has to be roofed. Sob plays better when the games are the toughest. The Sharks tried their usual stuff in pushing us around but SOB stood up. Here Klein again makes tons of mistakes yet he's not called out but Wilson and Dumont are. Where's the double standard. We just look horrible in 4 on 4 in ot. When was the last time we actually won in OT. This team is good enough to make the playoffs if they had a finisher we would be right there with the Sharks sitting comfortable watching the scramble below instead of being in the scramble for the playoffs. The home schedule is here now we have to win most all of them. It can be done

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 08:55 AM
roseyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Another reason we don't score, 10 shots combined in the last 2 periods. 6 & 4 were the shots in the second and third. Now wonder why we can't score, we don't freaking shoot. 13 in the first though. Maybe if we put more pucks to the net they might go in.
Another thing to is that Ward made a nice play by going to net to score and then they quit doing it. You win by going to the net not going around the net and not shooting from the perimeter. We have to win by going to the net we don't have the creativity to create our own shots.

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 10:20 AM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWheel View Post
Dumont played under seven minutes yet had one of the few plays where I remember one of our skaters breaking down the defense on the rush, although his shot was blocked in the end. He looked fast (for himself) too, he should be playing, we need goals.
JP turned the puck over about 4 times last night. He seemed to recover from his mistakes on 2 of them, but man... I disagree that he needs to see more ice. I want him to get going, but he is just pressing too much right now.

I came on here because I wanted to mention that I love the way Suter played last night. He has taken more shots on this past road trip than in an entire month of games earlier in the year. Each shot he took, Neimi either made a great save or there were juicy rebounds left there for us to try and put back in. (no jokes about how him "shooting" allowed a 2 on 1 last night in OT. His play was by far better than anyone else on the ice last night outside of Rinne).

Credit go to the Sharks. They swarm and swarm and swarm. It was like we were skating in watered-down ice while they were out there on fresh-ice. Loved the speed and physicality.

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 10:24 AM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by utmfisher19 View Post
JP turned the puck over about 4 times last night. He seemed to recover from his mistakes on 2 of them, but man... I disagree that he needs to see more ice. I want him to get going, but he is just pressing too much right now.

I came on here because I wanted to mention that I love the way Suter played last night. He has taken more shots on this past road trip than in an entire month of games earlier in the year. Each shot he took, Neimi either made a great save or there were juicy rebounds left there for us to try and put back in. (no jokes about how him "shooting" allowed a 2 on 1 last night in OT. His play was by far better than anyone else on the ice last night outside of Rinne).

Credit go to the Sharks. They swarm and swarm and swarm. It was like we were skating in watered-down ice while they were out there on fresh-ice. Loved the speed and physicality.
Legwand and Erat weren't too bad either for what it's worth. Suter is becoming a monster stud out there.

Old
03-09-2011, 11:11 AM
OpenWheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by utmfisher19 View Post
I actually only noticed him a couple times and while the puck was turned over it was in their zone and I thought he had made the right play attempt. I didn't notice him much, just the one time he almost split the defenders was nice. I guess I wasn't payign enough attention during his bad plays. When we are an underdog, which we often seem to be now, I'd rather we up the variance with people who can score but may be more risky. I do want Dumont on the ice more often.

Quote:
We did look slow in comparison, especially at getting started ("jump") when a puck was available.

I agree on Suter. He made a lot fo good plays. A couple weeks ago I let loose a frustrated whine that he needed to be more of an offensive force, and that he wasn't even looking to shoot even on the powerplay and it hurt us. But he scored a goal about that time and it seems as if he is more determined to help the team score. It's refreshing, he's good at it when he decides to 'be the man'. If we're going to sink fairly big dollars into him and Shea they will need to produce more than just keeping the score low.

Last edited by OpenWheel: 03-09-2011 at 11:17 AM.
OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 01:50 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Well, you are essentially right, but it has more to do with puck possession and offensive pressure. We need to be able to gain the zone before we can shoot. Once we established a cycle, we were able to get shots off. But San Jose wouldn't let us get out of our own zone.

I like what UTM said, the Sharks were swarming last night. They played a great game.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 07:49 PM
predfan98

Finally back home!

Well, gave up and bought my daughter and son in law sharks t shirts... At least they're cheering for their local team.

Shark tank is awesome. They get into it, a lot like nashville fans do.

Erat was a rock star last night. Heard Sharks fans talking about him in the concourse.

Weber and Suter were totally gassed with about 5 minutes left in the third.
Klein was in so much pain, I'm not surprised to see that laakso has possibly already been called up.
Fisher is snake bit for sure.

The sharks were swarming and out played everyone except Rinne and Erat and Leggy.

All this stuff about trotz not wanting to win in ot is simply ridiculous. it started from a remark he made to some reporter about liking our chances in the shootout because of Rinne. And then some other teams color guys made some comment about it and twisted it into what is being said.... NOTHING MORE. Trotz never said he plays not to win in OT. Find me some quote in a news article cause I just don't buy it.

our top players had nothing left in them for ot. the team spent the third period playing defense cause we couldn't get anything going. they probably played at least 80% of that period with the sharks blasting rinne in that zone.

We didn't deserve to win last night. We got 1. Am I happy the way we are playing? nope, but I'll be there tomorrow cheering them on.

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote