HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Max Pac severe concussion & verterbrae fracture (UPDATE: to practice in 4-6 weeks!!!)

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2011, 09:25 AM
Fortheloveofthegame

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithsonhab View Post
Me too. This is a defining moment for the NHL. This was a sickening act. It's time to think outside the box of a "hockey fan" and look at this as human beings. I actually cried when I watched this happen last night. I don't think I can morally support this league if they don't react properly.
I was already freaking out watching him lay on the ice. When the camera guys "panned" the bench and I saw the look on his teamates faces..........that said it all!!!!! Scary moment. I hope he is okay and can fully recover from this!

Old
Belso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitano View Post
I'm so disgusted by this.
Me too. And the worst part is it could have been avoided. I have a picture with me from the paper and you see Chara's hand lead Max's head into the post. Like Max had a chance...

The NHLPA should hand out it's own suspensions. And something should be done about those posts.

Last edited by Belso: 03-09-2011 at 09:32 AM.
Old
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastroLeRobot View Post
What happens next will have an impact on me as a hockey consumer and how/if I will expose my 2 y/o son to NHL hockey in the future.

A crime was committed last night on the ice. Every single person that saw it knew that right away, in their guts. The league, or the cops, need to provide justice.

I am disgusted.
Me too, I had my two 6yr olds watching that disgusting display and was at a loss of words. I make them turn away during a fight, I'm not a hypocrite here, but I am watching this closely.

I don't think it was a crime, but if they don't give Chara at least 5-7 I am no longer a consumer of this game.

Old
03-09-2011, 09:27 AM
Markovskaya

Chara should get 10 games suspention minimum but watch him getting only 2 just so that joke of a league can save face.

Old
03-09-2011, 09:27 AM
Ketzlaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
I hate to say this but we might not see Pacioretty until training camp next season.

Secondly, I think that the best thing now would be to take the lead and finish 1st in the north east and in the top 3 in the conference this season.
I just hope the guy will be able to walk by next training camp. That very well could have been his last game.

Old
03-09-2011, 09:28 AM
Habbadasher

I mentioned this on the get well thread, I myself suffered a broken neck in two places, and so has Erik Cole and another hockey player I forget who, anyway, Erik Cole played one month later, and says his recovery is never ending, but it is possible to play again, and return to a normal life.

Old
03-09-2011, 09:29 AM
E = CH²

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
I wish we had another league to follow.

I hope every franchise south of PA fails. I seriously want this league to fall
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
Claude Julien might as well have done this himself. Even AFTER this hit, down 4-0, he was double-shifting his fourth line and sending Lucic and Horton after Pouliot and Subban. When what happened to MaxPac doesn't phase you (I notice Chara shows zero remorse and accepts zero responsibility) you've lost your moral compass. Sadly, the league has decided they prefer thuggery to hockey.

Pax lies in a hospital bed. The Bruins sleep like babies. The NHL seems to think Matt Cooke is the best player in Pittsburgh, certainly he's the kind of player they are encouraging these days.

To make things even worse, this is the third straight game Chara has gone after him. Accident my butt.
You'd hope the NHL would take such a brutal late "hit" (more like a shove at the exact wrong time and using a player's momentum against him to ram him into a post) to set an example and say enough is enough but we're all kidding ourselves if we think that's what will happen.

Chara wanted to hurt Pacioretty. Sure he didn't want it to be that bad (hope not anyway), but the thug culture of the bruins and the encouragements of the coach and fans lead to this. When they see a player in a vulnerable position all they think about is to hurt. Sure after something terrible happens they feel bad for a minute but I bet he slept like a baby and probably even convinced himself he did nothing wrong. It's up to the league to make him realize he actually, in fact, did do something wrong. The fact he's showing zero remorse and blaming it all on positionning, and Pacioretty should weight in the balance but again.. league is a joke.

You'd hope that the caveman mentality of the bruins would stop for even a period after such a disgusting hit but no, bruins up to their ape antics in the 3rd again. The bruins and a majority of their fans disgust me profoundly. They have no respect for us and I don't have any respect for them anymore.

Old
03-09-2011, 09:29 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
I don't think chara deserves the rest of the year off, but 5+ IMO. Less than 10 though. I hate Chara so much right now but it's a grey area on intent right now. So we can't expect the banhammer coming down. 1-3 games is a joke IMO. He should be out for more than a week ffs.

Old
03-09-2011, 09:33 AM
HomaridII

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
I don't think chara deserves the rest of the year off, but 5+ IMO. Less than 10 though. I hate Chara so much right now but it's a grey area on intent right now. So we can't expect the banhammer coming down. 1-3 games is a joke IMO. He should be out for more than a week ffs.
I don't expect Chara to get more than 2-3 games. I would be shocked if it is anything more than that. He is getting a phone hearing, which means 2-3 games and that is it.

Old
Crystal Met

yeah erik cole came back but was never the same ( altough he was already old..)
i just hope max pac is ok, i dont care for this season, if he can come back at the same level he was for the training camp i'll be happy ( got to think he won't play the same way too, that hit will stay with him one way or another...**** YOU CHARA)

Old
oh we will

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenIceHit View Post
I don't see why Chara would not deserve a McSorley/Bertuzzi type of suspension. Let's see if this league is a joke or not.
you really cant be serious? you think chara went out of his way to track down pacs the way those 2 did. If pacs got back up, we wouldnt be having this discussion. i am a bruins fan and that hit was reprehensible but a suspension that high is a bit much. i dont think the intent was there.

Take off the jersey for a moment and look at it with some perspective. If that incident in january never happened, we wouldnt think of it as more than an unfortunate hit. again, i think chara deserves a suspension but not a mcsorley/bertuzzi one

Old
03-09-2011, 09:34 AM
JuniorNelson

It certainly appears Chara intended harm.

The NHL is a self policed body and has never condemned itself for anything.

I wonder if this matter shouldn't be investigated externally? Since deliberate intent to injure seems to be unremarkable in this league, should they be allowed internal discipline?

Old
03-09-2011, 09:37 AM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
I don't expect Chara to get more than 2-3 games. I would be shocked if it is anything more than that. He is getting a phone hearing, which means 2-3 games and that is it.
Assuming he even gets suspended to begin with. It's very sad. I'm really disgusted right now and usually I'm pretty calm about this stuff.

Old
03-09-2011, 09:37 AM
AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenIceHit View Post
I don't see why Chara would not deserve a McSorley/Bertuzzi type of suspension. Let's see if this league is a joke or not.
You don't see how an in-play act (although punishable by penalty) with impossible to determine intent to injure is different from a post play act with intent to injure?

Old
03-09-2011, 09:39 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

If it is indeed a grade 3 concussion, Pacioretty will not be back until maybe training camp.

If this was another any other person, I would recommend no physical activity for 6 months.

Old
BeBen*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belso View Post
Me too. And the worst part is it could have been avoided. I have a picture with me from the paper and you see Chara's hand lead Max's head into the post. Like Max had a chance...

The NHLPA should hand out it's own suspensions. And something should be done about those posts.

Picture says a thousand words, that was not finishing a check at all

Old
penopekoo

wonder what the response will be next time chara is in montreal. i never thought anyone would get it worse than komisarek, but this is a whole new level.

Old
03-09-2011, 09:44 AM
neofury*

I wonder how Cherry is going to try and turn it around and skew the facts and probably defend Chara.... sigh.

Old
03-09-2011, 09:44 AM
Maximus74

I saw the hit and it was ugly. Obviously, Chara was trying to flatten him, but I don't think he was intending to ram his head into the partition.

I think it was a bad hit turned into a horrible hit b/c of circumstance.

The question is, will the NHL punish the hit itself (bad, but we've all seen worse) or the result (one of the worst we've seen...)

I think that neither side will be happy.. it will be 3 games or something...

Old
03-09-2011, 09:45 AM
Lord Chezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD View Post
You don't see how an in-play act (although punishable by penalty) with impossible to determine intent to injure is different from a post play act with intent to injure?
You conveniently forget the precursers that led to this heinous act. The post OT goal mugging...the attempted beat down in Boston.

If anything, Chara had carefully planned this out for weeks and knew when and where to attack his target.

Had Patches died, we'd be looking at murder one.

Old
03-09-2011, 09:46 AM
Picaroon

I really can't believe the complete ignorance on this board for the health and safety of the players as a human beings. All these people quoting "rules" and "technicalities" should be ashamed. This went way beyond affecting me as a hockey fan.

Old
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument View Post
Look, I don't know what you are trying to accomplish here but take a hint, GTFO. The Bruins' board has never been very welcoming to Habs fan, don't come here trying to stir the pot on this particular subject.

And to answer the question, perhaps it has to do with the whole organisation and not only the fat **** behind the bench.
Agreed, I've been infracted on the bruins forum for not even saying anything bad, just because I was there after they lost a game. Didn't even say anything remotely bad. But then their fans come here and try to do that subtle trolling and expect to be treated fairly.

I find it down right pathetic. They're always coming in here with their under the table jabs at us and making stupid comments that are basically troll bait, but because they're pretty subtle of course nothing ever happens, I'm not blaming the mods btw, it isn't the mods fault some people are *******s who come here and find any way to be a dick while circumventing rules of the site.

Old
shutehinside

I'm was not one of the posters who wanted to call up the thugs in Hamilton to fight the bruins. But if I could, I'd sign Ogie Oglethorp to come in on March 28 for the sole purpose of ramming Chara's or Lucic's head into the boards/stansion to tale them out for the year. Sorry, but this has got to stop and it looks like the only thing the Bruins understand is violence.

Old
03-09-2011, 09:47 AM
ccgg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habbadasher View Post
I mentioned this on the get well thread, I myself suffered a broken neck in two places, and so has Erik Cole and another hockey player I forget who, anyway, Erik Cole played one month later, and says his recovery is never ending, but it is possible to play again, and return to a normal life.
And the psychologic side ?

Old
03-09-2011, 09:49 AM
Artie

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh we will View Post
you really cant be serious? you think chara went out of his way to track down pacs the way those 2 did. If pacs got back up, we wouldnt be having this discussion. i am a bruins fan and that hit was reprehensible but a suspension that high is a bit much. i dont think the intent was there.

Take off the jersey for a moment and look at it with some perspective. If that incident in january never happened, we wouldnt think of it as more than an unfortunate hit. again, i think chara deserves a suspension but not a mcsorley/bertuzzi one
The problem is, it did happen and lends creedence and context to the hit.

I agree that you don't/can't equate this to the Bertuzzi hit, but the incidents leading up to game have to be taken into consideration.

Closed Thread