HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Max Pac severe concussion & verterbrae fracture (UPDATE: to practice in 4-6 weeks!!!)

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2011, 09:49 AM
BJG

vCash: 500
Chara will be interviewed by phone?! Disgusting.

NHL: Hey, Zdeno. How ya doing? Nasty business last night, eh?

ZC: Yuh.

NHL: So, how's the family?

ZC: Good.

NHL: Alright. Good talking. Thanks so much for your time. We know you are a busy man.

NHL: Oh, before we let you go, just a reminder to keep a look out for our little Colin Jr...Uh, we mean Greg. Bye now.

Old
Maxpac

I know his game it the is the last thing we should be talking about, but man I'm scared he becomes the next Richard Zednick. Habs FINALLY had a real powerforward in the system and look what happens....

Old
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post

You'd hope that the caveman mentality of the bruins would stop for even a period after such a disgusting hit but no, bruins up to their ape antics in the 3rd again. The bruins and a majority of their fans disgust me profoundly. They have no respect for us and I don't have any respect for them anymore.
Unreal, I thought the Bruins would be humane enough to just play hockey in the 3rd period with minimal hitting, especially with the game put away.

Horrible disgusting team.

Bruins will never win a Cup, hockey gods will make sure of that.

Old
03-09-2011, 09:50 AM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by AD View Post
You don't see how an in-play act (although punishable by penalty) with impossible to determine intent to injure is different from a post play act with intent to injure?
Was pacs in possession of the puck? It wasn't about winning the game. He knew the post was there. It is criminal negligence. There was intent to injure He was hunting Max

Old
03-09-2011, 09:52 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

For anyone wondering: Grade IIIb concussion: 6 to 12 months lay off. Resume sport after doctor approval.

Old
03-09-2011, 09:52 AM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Factors that should be considered for a serious suspension:
- Max didn't have the puck
- Game was already out of reach
- Chara's gone after Max before, makes it being an "accident" hard to believe
- Serious injury, likely gone for the year + more
- Chara hit Max high with his hands, he wasn't rubbing Max out of the play it was blatant attempt to injure

Factors that will make the suspension a maximum two games:
- Zdeno is "sorry"
- Zdeno is a star player

Old
03-09-2011, 09:53 AM
MOOKER411

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramonajams View Post
Leafs fan here.

I can't believe what a goon Chara is. I also can't believe some are saying this was a legal hit.

It was negligent, reckless, and late. Whether he intended to smack pax's head off the glass could be debated, but to say he didn't want to throw him into the stanchions is ignorant. The fact that it was an unwarranted hit that lead to such a devastating injury tells me that he should absolutely be reprimanded.

I really hope the league does the right thing and throws the book at Chara. He has to learn that his strength needs to be kept in check for the safety of others. I have no problem with him throwing hard clean hits but this wasn't one of them. Very scary...

One of these days Chara's gonna get a two hander to the face.
I am a Bruins fan and I am in no way saying Chara should not get a suspension but he is not a goon. He is just too damn big and strong and wqhen giants make mistakes they are giant mistakes.
I strongly believe Chara intended to rub Max Pac into the partition, I do, but not to the extent of what happened. It was indeed a careless play and for that I am fine with a lengthy suspension. There is no room for this crap in any sport or life period.
As a Bruins fan I know what it is like to be on the recieving end of cheap hits (Bergeron and Savard ). Paille through a cheap blind side hit earlier this year against Dallas and I wanted him off the team. Ference did the right thing by calling Paille's hit for what it was...cheap !!!
I really hope Max Pac makes a full recovery. With my own kids in Hockey, I could not imagine watching something like this happen to my kids.
My personal opinion is when these things happen, the player who made the hit should be out as long as the injured player. That means Jones from Philidalphia should have been out until Bergeron came back and Cooke should be out right now as well as Chara. I think that is the only way to get this crap out of the game.
I still don't believe Chara to be a goon but a stupid decision needs to be adressed properly. Again...Get well soon Max

Old
03-09-2011, 09:54 AM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
I know his game it the is the last thing we should be talking about, but man I'm scared he becomes the next Richard Zednick. Habs FINALLY had a real powerforward in the system and look what happens....
If that's the case it's tough luck. We should more worry about his health now. Based on what I have seen so far, Patches does not seem to let the injury bother him. He always comeback stronger after getting injured. Let's hope it will the the same this time.

Old
03-09-2011, 09:54 AM
E = CH²

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
For anyone wondering: Grade IIIb concussion: 6 to 12 months lay off. Resume sport after doctor approval.
You're the med student who knows Mulder?

Damn, I really hope you're a hack, no offense.

Old
03-09-2011, 09:57 AM
impudent_lowlife

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh we will View Post
you really cant be serious? you think chara went out of his way to track down pacs the way those 2 did. If pacs got back up, we wouldnt be having this discussion. i am a bruins fan and that hit was reprehensible but a suspension that high is a bit much. i dont think the intent was there.

Take off the jersey for a moment and look at it with some perspective. If that incident in january never happened, we wouldnt think of it as more than an unfortunate hit. again, i think chara deserves a suspension but not a mcsorley/bertuzzi one
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle1934833/

Quote:
Here are some facts:

- The puck was long gone.

- Chara’s left arm comes up as Pacioretty is guided first into the boards, then into the stanchion between the benches.

- Chara’s head is up as he engages with Pacioretty.

- Chara had attacked Pacioretty in the last meeting between the teams, still aggrieved at the supreme insult of the 22-year-old giving him an innocuous shove in the back after scoring the overtime winner in a game in December.

The point is there is no excuse for what Chara did.

He knew where he was on the ice, he could have let Pacioretty go by, he could have hooked him, grabbed him, could have let up on the contact. He is responsible for his actions.
A Toronto-centric view of the incident. If the NHL was serious about eliminating head injuries/concussions and attempts to injure (which Chara's mugging is) then they would institute a minimum suspension for such incidents and add an "eye-for-an-eye" clause - if the player injured misses 20 games then the attacking player also misses a total of 20 games.

Old
E = CH²

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
- Chara hit Max high with his hands, he wasn't rubbing Max out of the play it was blatant attempt to injure

- Zdeno is "sorry"
- Zdeno is a star player
Except Chara is not sorry. His comments basically put the blame on Pacioretty for putting himself in a bad position. He basically said Pacioretty leaned on the turnbuckle. I sensed no remorse, and didn't see anything close to an apology in his comments.

Old
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
You're the med student who knows Mulder?

Damn, I really hope you're a hack, no offense.
I don't know Dr.Mulder, just met him a few times.

I am just stating regular prognosis of a grade IIIb concussion, I have no clue what Pacioretty's prognosis is.

Old
03-09-2011, 10:00 AM
walsy37

I think the prosecutor's office should look into possible criminal action against the Big Lug. There has to be some accountability. Quite frankly, the picture posted above really tells the story. Why no one from the Habs bench Chris Simoned him is beyond me.

Old
03-09-2011, 10:00 AM
AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshiro View Post
Was pacs in possession of the puck? It wasn't about winning the game. He knew the post was there. It is criminal negligence. There was intent to injure He was hunting Max
Criminal and negligence are both clearly defined and well established terms. And this doesn't fit in either.. let alone both at the same time.

Intention cannot be presumed here. And least of all by a rival fanbase.

I didn't like this one bit. But I have no idea if Chara meant it or not. Nor do you.

Quote:

I am just stating regular prognosis of a grade IIIb concussion, I have no clue what Pacioretty's prognosis is.
I suggest you re-word your post then.

Old
03-09-2011, 10:01 AM
LeMAD

Quote:

Maybe you should have mentioned this in your other post

Old
03-09-2011, 10:01 AM
Bullsmith

Pax is in hospital with a possibly fractured neck. Chara has to make a phone call. Justice, NHL style. Guess they save the face-to-face hearings for when someone insults a girlfriend.

Old
03-09-2011, 10:02 AM
Belso

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeBen View Post
Picture says a thousand words, that was not finishing a check at all

Only thing worse is Chara dropping his stick and using both his hands to guide Max's head into the post.

Did Chara want to end Max's career? I don't think so.. But if you ask me, Chara's not 14 years old. He's a Vet with experience. He knew Damn well what could happen if he pushed Max into the boards in that place and the fact that his hand was up to his head showed he just didn't care about the collision that might happen.

I remember a story that a friend told me that he played in a rink in Bantam and there was one side of the boards that was up against a wall. The first time you get hit into those boards was like running into a safe door. Every season that team had fun hitting new players on that side, but be assured the next game they played there, they didn't stay too close to those boards.

Every rink in the NHL has those stupid Posts. Every player knows the danger of running into it.

No one can convince me that Chara didn't know what could have happen there. I understand they play to win and they have to play tough. It is a contact sport. But there has to be more respect and Chara should have held off until after the class started to fight for position.

If you let this go and only give 2 games, every other player who give a hit like this can argue in front of the league that Chara only got 2.

The fact that Campbells son plays for the Bruins is somewhat of a conflict of interest. He's the VP of Operations. It doesn't matter who hands out the suspension. all the top guys are working together. Bettman, Daly, Campbell are a unit. So it doesn't matter who hands out the suspension. I'm going on a limb and say that they will only give Chara 3 games. I'd prefer 10 to set an example, but I'm expecting 3 with these three stooges.

Old
03-09-2011, 10:03 AM
remer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post

- Zdeno is "sorry"
- Zdeno is a star player
You can add the following:

If Chara lets him go, Montreal has a two on one.

It is a freak accident that the timing is exactly at the turnbuckle of the rink.

It would be no different if a player hits someone along the glass and the glass shatters causing injury. The turnbuckle is what caused the concussion, not the hit.

Watch the Johnson's hit on Smyth. No suspension given.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjb9X...layer_embedded

Old
03-09-2011, 10:04 AM
JaymzB

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD View Post
Good point.

To the guillotine with him. Off with his head.

Yeah. Thats why he *might* get 3 games. 5 max.

If there were no run-up to this.. he might have gotten nothing.
I'd probably say 5 tops, because you should know where you are on the ice, and the past incidents did occur. However, some of the more hysterical reactions on this bored are well...let's say not all that surprising...

Old
E = CH²

Quote:

Ah, I'm relieved, I thought you had insider information or something.

Old
Bullsmith

Pretty amazing that Chara could win a Norris trophy without ever learning where the benches are.

Old
03-09-2011, 10:05 AM
Bullsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by remer View Post

It is a freak accident that the timing is exactly at the turnbuckle of the rink.

It would be no different if a player hits someone along the glass and the glass shatters causing injury. The turnbuckle is what caused the concussion, not the hit.

What's it like living without a soul?

Old
03-09-2011, 10:06 AM
AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaymzB View Post
I'd probably say 5 tops, because you should know where you are on the ice, and the past incidents did occur. However, some of the more hysterical reactions on this bored are well...let's say not all that surprising...
I'm incredibly pissed off at the incident. And I'd be ready to spit on Chara now.

But the penal justice system is supposed to be objective and blind. And we can't presume what his intentions were.

So this just sucks. But such is life.

Too bad a promising young player will be set back from this.

Old
03-09-2011, 10:08 AM
HabsInsideOut

Quote:
Is it even possible to come back as the same player, or does it all depend on the severity?

Old
03-09-2011, 10:08 AM
Schwang

Quote:
Originally Posted by remer View Post

Pushing someone's head into the glass/boards at that speed with his size would have probably caused an injury too. The turnbuckle just made it worse. IT WAS A HEAD SHOT REGARDLESS!

Closed Thread