HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Drew Doughty, the person. Not the player.

Old
03-07-2011, 04:13 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

vCash: 500
I agree Shellz.

Although if you go by the title it does allow some funny mental images. Drew the person who is being called out in the original post is out at burgerama "WHAT? THAT ISN'T EVEN CLOSE TO A QUARTER POUND OF BEEF!". "YOU SAID YOU'D BE HERE TO SET UP MY SATELLITE TV BETWEEN 10 AND 2 AND ITS ALREADY 3PM!". Walking down the street DD the person sees a crack in the sidewalk in front of a big McMansion and dives etc.

Just me I guess but after I read the first post those were my thoughts.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 06:11 PM
goosh
@adamgushansky

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Ziggy Palffy View Post
wait, so you're actually saying that bball players whining after every play is not only acceptable, but to be praised? am i the only one who cant bear watching NBA games anymore because of all the bratiness?
No, I'm praising competitive players (Drew Doughty). Competitive players tend to whine to the refs a lot.

Note: Not ALL competitive players whine to the refs. It's unfortunate I even had to add this.

goosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 06:14 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

I disagree with your opinion sometimes noname but don't think you need to apologize to anyone or get over yourself. Your always respectful whenever we are up against each other on something and that should be the first rule of any and all interwebs posting boards.

With the exception of boards that are designed to encourage being disrespectful.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 06:23 PM
Duc620

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
There is nothing wrong with saying I'm embarrassed. I don't have to be on my high horse to feel that way. Just read the forums tonight at what people are saying about him. They're calling him crazy, a baby, stupid, and insane. We all should be ashamed of his actions this year.
Sorry you're embarrassed about this. Reflecting on Doughty's statement to Hammond indicate he's on the same page about embarrassment. As to the "crazy stupid and insane baby" stuff, don't believe everything you read on the internet. Some of it is exaggerated.

OTOH, your musings on the Drewster (pat applied for) are a bit over the top as well.

Duc620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 07:06 PM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoKingsGoo View Post
No, I'm praising competitive players (Drew Doughty). Competitive players tend to whine to the refs a lot.

Note: Not ALL competitive players whine to the refs. It's unfortunate I even had to add this.
maybe the issue is wording here, b/c whining should never be tolerated, from a 5, 21 or 31 yr old. it's immaturity, not praiseworthy by any means.

if i was unjustly given a traffic ticket, i would protest the citation, but i would never whine to the judge about it. we should all be above that. i think with doughty, his behavior falls more in the category of whining than protesting, at least by the appearance of it this season.

I Am Ziggy Palffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 07:21 PM
TonySCV
3 in 5 > 3 in 6

Time to chill and be civil all.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 07:24 PM
Alternate Jersey

i've talked with my fiancée about this multiple times, actually. it's been my opinion that the behavior under discussion in this thread has increased exponentially this season; it does seem like doughty is doing a lot more whining this year than last year. but who knows what the deal with that is. like others have posted, i'm glad doughty shows some fire, too. i personally love that he's always dropping f-bombs. but that's not just because of my avatar or the nameplate on the third jersey in my closet.

but i hadn't heard that he told hall he was going to kill him. that seems a little over the top (though who knows how much that gets said on the ice). and i wasn't cool with him ****-talking whoever it was (bad memory) that he dropped to the ice the other night. and if doughty started running people into the boards like gilles, you can bet i'd be a lot less likely to put on that third jersey and a lot more likely to change my avatar. but i'm not worried, yet. i can't even imagine what I'D say on the ice, and i can't imagine how frustrating the situations drew sometimes gets into are. if this continues for the next couple of years, then i might make a solid opinion. and i won't be afraid to say it. but for now, i'm gonna see if he grows up, like others are planning to do.

and no name, you are a brave son of a ***** for posting this thread. and for that, i applaud you.

Alternate Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 12:36 PM
Andrew Knoll
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty, eh? View Post
Worst ****ing thread ever..... no one here knows any of the players. To comment like they "think" they know how they are on and off the ice is a joke. You'd think it was August, given the point of some of these threads.
Well, I actually do know all of the Kings' players. We don't go out drinking or anything (that would be unprofessional on their part and mine) but I do see them and talk to them all the time, many practices/skates, every home game, etc.

03-08-2011, 12:49 PM
Ollie Weeks

I think there's something to this were he a couple years older. For now though I think he's just being a 21 year old playing an emotional game against a team he particularly dislikes.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 12:59 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
LOL, no name is hardly respectful to others but in this thread . . he weirdly is. You've changed man . . .

Cutty Sarkn3ss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 01:19 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty Sarkn3ss View Post
LOL, no name is hardly respectful to others but in this thread . . he weirdly is. You've changed man . . .
His personal trainer humbled him.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 08:24 PM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty Sarkn3ss View Post
I've been easy going for a few years now. Ever since I beat up that nun that ran her mouth too much I was told I needed to take it easy on the next guy or else god and John Travolta wouldn't be too happy with me.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 10:08 PM
avs1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGreatWestern View Post
Yeah... he plays with passion. He also looks like he is having more fun playing hockey than anyone else in the NHL.
THIS exactly. And also before you judge me on my user name,I watch every Kings game. The kid is a little kooky, but that's what makes him so fun to watch, along with his talent.

avs1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 02:27 AM
ahimsa

I'm not sure there is anything he can do about it. It sounds like classic behavioural changes that come with a mild TBI aka concussion.

He was fine before his concussion no?

ahimsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 10:31 AM
LombardiTool

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
At what point is it ok to respect Drew's talent but realise that he's a classless jerk and an embarrasment to the Kings and hockey? Every damn game I have to see him throw a tantrum, curse at the camera, take a cheap shot when he gets a vendetta in his head, talk trash, showboat, and now dive. He checks mentally checks out of games. The kid has a couple screws loose. He begged for that dive call for his showing up the ref. The guy had to be detained and was litteraly chasing the ref who was running away. I knew he was going to get kicked out or do something worse.

I'm going to get raked over the coals for this thread but if was just an average talent everyone would hate this guy. The fans, the media, and I'm sure his teammates would not appreciate his act. This is not a knee jerk reaction. Everyone knows that I have been saying this since the playoffs last year.

I am embarrassed as a Kings fan. I am certain there will be some heat Drew is about to take. The guy is still one of my favorite Kings but I can't respect him as a person.

When my son picks his nose in public, I am embarrassed.
When my grandson pee's on the neighbors grass, I am embarrassed.
When my wife nags me about my weight as I ordered a meal in a restraunt, I am embarrassed.

A 20 year old acting like a 20 year old doesn't embarass me. He's a kid and needs time to mature. Lots of guys are like this at that age.

LombardiTool is offline   Reply With Quote