HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Max Pac severe concussion & verterbrae fracture (UPDATE: to practice in 4-6 weeks!!!)

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2011, 10:55 AM
jnthomas

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to jnthomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by AD View Post
Wow. You should be suspended along with Chara.
He's probably just a troll. Very few posts on several years. You are getting too easy AD, this place is not good for you.

Old
03-09-2011, 10:58 AM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
Are we back in 2007? Mcphee,AD,Cheez and cie...

Old
JimmyDarmody

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenIceHit View Post
Why? He doesn't have knees that stand 4 feet from the ice and that are easy targets??
I don't see him ever pick up enough steam for a knee-on-knee to do anything more than take him out for a game or two at most.

I'd much rather see Seguin get bent in two and have the youngster associate Chara with it during every day of rehab.

Old
Lord Chezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
Chezz,

When you're wrong, you're wrong. Chara has a history of losing the plot when the game is out of reach. Intent or not, the guy has a history of marginal play once his team is behind which should be a factor in the NHL's decision re supplementary discipline (not that it will be).
Matter of perception, my dear.

Old
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenIceHit View Post
Why? He doesn't have knees that stand 4 feet from the ice and that are easy targets??
Was thinking the same thing, its not like we don't have several 5' foot players who could bulldoze right through his knees

Old
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
Chezz,

When you're wrong, you're wrong. Chara has a history of losing the plot when the game is out of reach. Intent or not, the guy has a history of marginal play once his team is behind which should be a factor in the NHL's decision re supplementary discipline (not that it will be).
The league's in a bad position. I think Chara had that split second decision to make as to whether to let up. One angle suggests that he did anyways, and the discipline probably hinges on the intent vs. result vs. history. Last game , Chara gave him a 2 hander, unpenalized that was shown quite a few times. Now the league knows that Chara has targeted this guy. I don't belive that it's relative, deep down I don't, but your prior actions matter.

Old
JaymzB

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnthomas View Post
He's probably just a troll. Very few posts on several years. You are getting too easy AD, this place is not good for you.
Plus his punctuation is atrocious.

Old
03-09-2011, 10:59 AM
E = CH²

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Chezz View Post

Whether that carelessness warrants 10 games or so, in my opinion no, but we'll leave it up to the NHL to decide to set some type of strong precedent.
I think it's more than carelessness. There was hatred, vengeance in that act. There was history between the teams, between the two players. Pacioretty said before the game he knew he had a target on his back. Everyone knew the bruins were targetting Pacioretty/Subban. Chara wanted for pacioretty to hit the turnbuckle. He wanted this to be the highlight big bad bruins hit of the night and was hoping this would be redemption in the loss, moral victory if you will. Did he want Pacioretty to lay motionless on the ice and spend the night in the hospital, no. Does that change anything ? No. The hit was dangerous and endangered another player's career. The consequences were grave and that has to be punished accordingly.

The instinct not to let up when players are in vulnerable position is what has to go. If hockey organizations promote that type of violence then their culture has to change. The only way to make it change is for their players to be hit with lengthy suspensions and for the hockey world to say "enough is enough". And when I say lengthy I really mean 10-15 games. It doesn't warrant more than that IMHO. I don't want Chara to face criminal charges either, that's nonsense. But 2-3 games is a slap on the wrist and tantamount to the league encouraging this behavior to continue. Akin to a justice system giving 10 days in jail for multi million dollars bank robbery/fraud. That is almost an encouragement to do it because the consequences of getting caught are so little that it makes the risk 100% worth it every time.

I've had time to think it over. I'm obviously being emotional here since I'm a fan of Pacioretty and the habs, but that doesn't make me wrong.

Old
03-09-2011, 11:00 AM
impudent_lowlife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonikdave View Post
Its a shame that Max P. got hurt nobody likes to see another human get hurt. Chara is a big enough guy he could hurt anybody in a bad way if he really wanted to. He's no Matt Cooke he often times lets up on hits if someone is in a vulnerable position. He was probably fed up with the on ice crap from Max and decided to ring his bell a little while trying to run some interference he wouldn't have purposely tried to put him in the hospital. It's hockey things happen quickly. Hopefully this sends a message to the rest of the habs players that they need to be responsible for what they do on the ice as well. Pushing the big man and rubbing insults after scoring the winning goal was not only unsportsman like but stupid. Karma has a way of evening things out and Max P learned the hard way. Maybe the habs will shut up now and play heads up hockey instead of playing with fire that would be best.
See? This is a perfect example of the neanderthal-like thought process that was most probably going through Chara's mind since December when Pacioretty scored that OT winner.

Old
03-09-2011, 11:00 AM
AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by CareyClutch View Post
We run this place, dontcha know.

But Chara brings out the best in us.

Old
03-09-2011, 11:01 AM
Fido22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CareyClutch View Post
I will stay if made a Mod.

Just putting it on the table.

Old
03-09-2011, 11:03 AM
OpenIceHit

It would be a bloody and cruel world if we had to kill everyone lacking respect...

EDIT : Was replying to StupidDave comment...

Old
03-09-2011, 11:04 AM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonikdave View Post
Again, he didn't intend to put him in the hospital, it just happened that way. It's not the same thing no, but you can see where the path of doing something stupid like that leads you. The problem is with the lack of respect, Max crossed that line of respect with Chara which was not a good decision.
Chara crossed the line of respect when he hit Pacs in a area where he was aware he could had hurt him. The Pacioretty little push was nothing and Chara looked like retarded monkey after that

Old
03-09-2011, 11:05 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Lots of past posters coming back. :O

Where is mcphee?

Old
03-09-2011, 11:06 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
I think it's more than carelessness. There was hatred, vengeance in that act. There was history between the teams, between the two players. Pacioretty said before the game he knew he had a target on his back. Everyone knew the bruins were targetting Pacioretty/Subban. Chara wanted for pacioretty to hit the turnbuckle. He wanted this to be the highlight big bad bruins hit of the night and was hoping this would be redemption in the loss, moral victory if you will. Did he want Pacioretty to lay motionless on the ice and spend the night in the hospital, no. Does that change anything ? No. The hit was dangerous and endangered another player's career. The consequences were grave and that has to be punished accordingly.

The instinct not to let up when players are in vulnerable position is what has to go. If hockey organizations promote that type of violence then their culture has to change. The only way to make it change is for their players to be hit with lengthy suspensions and for the hockey world to say "enough is enough". And when I say lengthy I really mean 10-15 games. It doesn't warrant more than that IMHO. I don't want Chara to face criminal charges either, that's nonsense. But 2-3 games is a slap on the wrist and tantamount to the league encouraging this behavior to continue. Akin to a justice system giving 10 days in jail for multi million dollars bank robbery/fraud. That is almost an encouragement to do it because the consequences of getting caught are so little that it makes the risk 100% worth it every time.

I've had time to think it over. I'm obviously being emotional here since I'm a fan of Pacioretty and the habs, but that doesn't make me wrong.
See, I don't really believe that he did, but the phony bravado and tough talk can lead us to believe differently. What I found kind of sad was the late game actions of Lucic and Horton. Historically, when something bad happens, players step back, evaluate and put things on the back burner for a bit. It points to the fact that Max' health matters more than them not liking Subban's face.

That spoke of Lucic and Horton as men and they came out looking small.

Old
03-09-2011, 11:06 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fido22 View Post
I will stay if made a Mod.

Just putting it on the table.

I wouldn't leave 'it' on the table if I were you.

Old
03-09-2011, 11:07 AM
NHLcrazy

you guys are delirious if you think he's getting more than 1 game suspension... The NHL protects his star players for whatever they do. Pretty sad actually. If Gillies had done the EXACT same thing he's gone for 10+ games easy, no questions asked. Freaking joke.

And those stupid ''Chara is a clean player, he never did this before'' excuse make me sick. So if you commit a crime the 1st time it's ok? no problem? come on...

How many games did Mclaren got on his hit on Zednik? Freaking Bruins always using the same old dirty tactics...

Old
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I don't know how anyone can deny the fact that Chara extends his arms while Pacioretty is going towards the turnbuckle. He extended through the hit, the impact was made, and then Chara extends his arms. His arms aren't fluidly going through a motion, he hits, then makes the pushing motion.

Old
RC51

does anybody know if you can come back from a broken vertibrae

Old
03-09-2011, 11:08 AM
Fido22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
See, I don't really believe that he did, but the phony bravado and tough talk can lead us to believe differently. What I found kind of sad was the late game actions of Lucic and Horton. Historically, when something bad happens, players step back, evaluate and put things on the back burner for a bit. It points to the fact that Max' health matters more than them not liking Subban's face.

I'm hopping mad mcphee. Seriously.

DO SOMETHING!

Old
03-09-2011, 11:08 AM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

I was away from the board recently because of work but this really crossed the line in such a major way I had to vent.

Old
03-09-2011, 11:09 AM
RC51

so what if I hire a goon that has never hit anybody and paid him to break Chara's neck then since the goon has never done this before he get off scott free right?

Old
JaymzB

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post

That was kind of sad, and while I hate the fact that Lucic is a Bruin, I do respect him as a player for the most part. Him running around with 2 minutes left trying to goad Benny into a fight in a 4-1 game…made me lose some respect for him.

Old
Lord Chezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
does anybody know if you can come back from a broken vertibrae
Ask Erik Cole and Mike Modano

Old
03-09-2011, 11:10 AM
Lucius