HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Realistic Potential of Max Pacioretty

Old
03-07-2011, 12:14 PM
Habsbullet

vCash: 500
Pacioretty is a beast! I think he could be a great 30-30 player while having a solid physical game at least.

Habsbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 12:39 PM
Strik_IX
No excuses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
He isnt really similar to Nash and isnt Nash's average around the 60pt mark?
Only reason his average is around 60 is the quality of his linemates over the years.

Rick Nash is pretty much what I'd call an established power forward and Max Pac has the ability to become just that. Less talented when it comes to dangling and 2 inches shorter.

I see it, maybe you don't, bottom line is, we have a very good young player in our hands, who knows how far he'll take that potential.

Strik_IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 12:54 PM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strik_IX View Post
Only reason his average is around 60 is the quality of his linemates over the years.

Rick Nash is pretty much what I'd call an established power forward and Max Pac has the ability to become just that. Less talented when it comes to dangling and 2 inches shorter.

I see it, maybe you don't, bottom line is, we have a very good young player in our hands, who knows how far he'll take that potential.
I wouldn't call Nash a prototypical PF... he's a scoring winger with size. Meaning he'll beat you with his speed, shot and incredible hands, like Gaborik would.

He's not the type to park his ass in front of the net and get the garbage goals.

Backes, Brown, Clowe, Lucic... these are the types of power forwards who hit, go hard to the net and score when they're near the net after a nice pass or a rebound from a shot.

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 05:32 PM
Nicko999

vCash: 2100
Pacs have only played 36 games... and lead the team in PP goals with 7!!!

At that pace, he would already have 13 PP goals giving him third place in the NHL after Stamkos and D. Sedin.

Nicko999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 05:48 PM
Habit11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
Pacs have only played 36 games... and lead the team in PP goals with 7!!!

At that pace, he would already have 13 PP goals giving him third place in the NHL after Stamkos and D. Sedin.
No shock there. He goes to the net, consistently. Not only has that created goals for him on the PP and 5 on 5, but allows a guy like Gill to score b/c MaxPac provides a screen. I find it strange how so few players on the Habs' go to the net and stay there when you consider how much softer that area is compared to pre-lockout play. True top 3 forwards are the ones who can score a number of different ways, and he's definitely scored in different ways this season. I think if everything falls in to place for him, that's his ceiling. But he looks to be a solid top 6 contributor, 25 - 30 goal guy.

Habit11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 06:03 PM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

he's turning heads for the 2007 draft, which is quickly becoming one of the best drafts in recent memory for the habs, Subban, Patches, Weber that's a solid draft for any team

subbanged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 06:08 PM
Evil Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Pacioretty's head is different then Higgins, Chris was a good player but here at the wrong time meaning all young players and they all wanted to party. Patches is different and you can see with his attitude from leave me in Hamilton if I'll be used 5-6 minutes in Montreal, he works hard and I'm sure he can be a 25 to 30 goal scorer on a regular basis that of course if he can stay injury free
This is what I was getting at ealier in this thread he has the effort level that guys like Perezhogin Kostitsyn Higgins lacked. And as well just an all around consistancy level that is higher, having said that it will be interesting to see how he holds up over 82 games next season things can change.

Also I think just looking at Patches play style its much more in your face as well when comparing to Higgins or any of those guys for that matter, just a much more physical game. Just like Higgins hes good at working the cycle on the boards but when he gets skating and protecting the puck he gives defenders much difficulty, and it appears his shot is improving too.

When I watch Pouliot at times I feel he has all the tools to be a great player, hes big has good hands good hockey sense can be nasty the problem is he doesn't bring it every night and in the NHL you gota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
Anyone remember when Pacioretty would skate down the ice with his head down, and get leveled every time by the other teams defense? Times have changed. Who knows what his potential is... hes still so young, hes fast, big, good shot, quick release...
Somewhat my fear about Patches is that hes going to get leveled one of these games, and probably be concussed as a result because he moves pretty fast out there and is not afraid to lug the puck up the ice, I dunno hopefully we never see that happen its just a feeling when I get at times when I watch him play.

Evil Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 06:18 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbanged View Post
he's turning heads for the 2007 draft, which is quickly becoming one of the best drafts in recent memory for the habs, Subban, Patches, Weber that's a solid draft for any team
Don't forget McDonagh he may have been traded but still drafted by Montreal

Fortier, Stejskal, Conboy has outside shots of seeing future NHL time as well.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 08:38 AM
neofury*

The person who said 40-100pt guy said it best imo. He has the potential to go very far, who knows where he'll actually end up.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 08:50 AM
andrew2

Quote:
Don't forget McDonagh he may have been traded but still drafted by Montreal

Fortier, Stejskal, Conboy has outside shots of seeing future NHL time as well.
you can also throw eller in there also....

andrew2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 11:30 AM
Hullois
Suck it Trebek

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Ted View Post
Somewhat my fear about Patches is that hes going to get leveled one of these games, and probably be concussed as a result because he moves pretty fast out there and is not afraid to lug the puck up the ice, I dunno hopefully we never see that happen its just a feeling when I get at times when I watch him play.

Kinda scary that this was posted on Monday.

Hullois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 11:33 AM
Bullsmith

We'll never know how good he could have been. Apparently we now need to hire MMA fighters and simply cut them loose on Boston. Peter Ciarelli is calling the hit that may have ended Pax's career as " a strong hockey play." That's the NHL now. It's 1975 again.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 11:34 AM

I'm seriously at a loss for words...just like that, the blossoming career of a young player now lays in the balance.

Honestly, I know hockey fans love the Bruins style...but some of their players are a menace on the ice.

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 12:11 PM
Kyosuke

The big body talented powerforward we were always nagging for... right when he was picking it up and becoming the player we wanted him to be, in some cases even exceeding our expectations... ********** so pissed.. Hope him the best and a speedy recovery, if he does get better I hope he doesn't rush his way back to the lineup and takes some time to really heal.. He's only 22.. ***********

Kyosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 12:12 PM
Strik_IX
No excuses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hullois View Post
When I saw him go down last night, that post is the first thing that came to mind.

Strik_IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 12:19 PM
Jack DiBiase
Team Iceland Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hullois View Post
Not to mention all those Erik Cole comparisions

Jack DiBiase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 12:22 PM
GoodKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyosuke View Post
The big body talented powerforward we were always nagging for... right when he was picking it up and becoming the player we wanted him to be, in some cases even exceeding our expectations... ********** so pissed.. Hope him the best and a speedy recovery, if he does get better I hope he doesn't rush his way back to the lineup and takes some time to really heal.. He's only 22.. ***********
Exactly what I was thinking about last night and this morning! What a ***** this is!

But Max and his recovery are much more important.

GoodKiwi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 01:00 PM
HabsInsideOut

I'm sorry but I've asked the question and not received much of an answer. I know it is impossible to tell now but is this an injury that you can come back as the player you were? Anywhere close to the player you were? Just looking for educated best guesses

HabsInsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 01:21 PM
Sined
The AndroidBugler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsInsideOut View Post
I'm sorry but I've asked the question and not received much of an answer. I know it is impossible to tell now but is this an injury that you can come back as the player you were? Anywhere close to the player you were? Just looking for educated best guesses
I think these injuries are all unique so really who knows. I mean for all we know, Crosby could possible never be the player he used to be (hopefully he fully recovers, even if I don't particularly like him, he is a hell of a player).

Sined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 02:26 PM
Aznrx8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sined View Post
I think these injuries are all unique so really who knows. I mean for all we know, Crosby could possible never be the player he used to be (hopefully he fully recovers, even if I don't particularly like him, he is a hell of a player).
Agreed it's pretty hard to tell :S

But I remember when Gary Roberts went down with an neck injury and it was worst than what Pacioretty got. I think he couldn't move one of his arm

Aznrx8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 02:40 PM
Jigger77

I can't think of too many times I've been more disappointed as a fan of the Habs and a fan of hockey.

I'm not feeling it anymore.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 02:56 PM
Hexenzesene

vCash: 373
I never felt like this before.. I just can't understand.. Without words

Hexenzesene is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 02:59 PM
2nyce53*

He probably never be the same

2nyce53* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 03:01 PM
JoeLH

Erik Cole also had a broken neck and returned. But you never know with those kind of severe injuries.

JoeLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 03:27 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

vCash: 800
not sure which is worst , the severity of his concussion or his broken vertebra.
Probably the concussion , vertebra can heal completely sometimes , severe concussion never.

BenchBrawl is offline   Reply With Quote