HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Realistic Potential of Max Pacioretty

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-07-2011, 12:14 PM
  #101
Habsbullet
Registered User
 
Habsbullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Montreal, QC.
Country: Canada
Posts: 198
vCash: 500
Pacioretty is a beast! I think he could be a great 30-30 player while having a solid physical game at least.

Habsbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 12:39 PM
  #102
Strik_IX
No excuses!
 
Strik_IX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
He isnt really similar to Nash and isnt Nash's average around the 60pt mark?
Only reason his average is around 60 is the quality of his linemates over the years.

Rick Nash is pretty much what I'd call an established power forward and Max Pac has the ability to become just that. Less talented when it comes to dangling and 2 inches shorter.

I see it, maybe you don't, bottom line is, we have a very good young player in our hands, who knows how far he'll take that potential.

Strik_IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 12:54 PM
  #103
MTL-rules
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,782
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strik_IX View Post
Only reason his average is around 60 is the quality of his linemates over the years.

Rick Nash is pretty much what I'd call an established power forward and Max Pac has the ability to become just that. Less talented when it comes to dangling and 2 inches shorter.

I see it, maybe you don't, bottom line is, we have a very good young player in our hands, who knows how far he'll take that potential.
I wouldn't call Nash a prototypical PF... he's a scoring winger with size. Meaning he'll beat you with his speed, shot and incredible hands, like Gaborik would.

He's not the type to park his ass in front of the net and get the garbage goals.

Backes, Brown, Clowe, Lucic... these are the types of power forwards who hit, go hard to the net and score when they're near the net after a nice pass or a rebound from a shot.

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 05:32 PM
  #104
Nicko999
Registered User
 
Nicko999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,386
vCash: 2100
Pacs have only played 36 games... and lead the team in PP goals with 7!!!



At that pace, he would already have 13 PP goals giving him third place in the NHL after Stamkos and D. Sedin.

Nicko999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 05:48 PM
  #105
Habit11
Registered User
 
Habit11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,333
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
Pacs have only played 36 games... and lead the team in PP goals with 7!!!



At that pace, he would already have 13 PP goals giving him third place in the NHL after Stamkos and D. Sedin.
No shock there. He goes to the net, consistently. Not only has that created goals for him on the PP and 5 on 5, but allows a guy like Gill to score b/c MaxPac provides a screen. I find it strange how so few players on the Habs' go to the net and stay there when you consider how much softer that area is compared to pre-lockout play. True top 3 forwards are the ones who can score a number of different ways, and he's definitely scored in different ways this season. I think if everything falls in to place for him, that's his ceiling. But he looks to be a solid top 6 contributor, 25 - 30 goal guy.

Habit11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 06:03 PM
  #106
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio
 
subbanged's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 4,499
vCash: 500
he's turning heads for the 2007 draft, which is quickly becoming one of the best drafts in recent memory for the habs, Subban, Patches, Weber that's a solid draft for any team

subbanged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 06:08 PM
  #107
Evil Ted
Registered User
 
Evil Ted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,656
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Pacioretty's head is different then Higgins, Chris was a good player but here at the wrong time meaning all young players and they all wanted to party. Patches is different and you can see with his attitude from leave me in Hamilton if I'll be used 5-6 minutes in Montreal, he works hard and I'm sure he can be a 25 to 30 goal scorer on a regular basis that of course if he can stay injury free
This is what I was getting at ealier in this thread he has the effort level that guys like Perezhogin Kostitsyn Higgins lacked. And as well just an all around consistancy level that is higher, having said that it will be interesting to see how he holds up over 82 games next season things can change.

Also I think just looking at Patches play style its much more in your face as well when comparing to Higgins or any of those guys for that matter, just a much more physical game. Just like Higgins hes good at working the cycle on the boards but when he gets skating and protecting the puck he gives defenders much difficulty, and it appears his shot is improving too.

When I watch Pouliot at times I feel he has all the tools to be a great player, hes big has good hands good hockey sense can be nasty the problem is he doesn't bring it every night and in the NHL you gota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
Anyone remember when Pacioretty would skate down the ice with his head down, and get leveled every time by the other teams defense? Times have changed. Who knows what his potential is... hes still so young, hes fast, big, good shot, quick release...
Somewhat my fear about Patches is that hes going to get leveled one of these games, and probably be concussed as a result because he moves pretty fast out there and is not afraid to lug the puck up the ice, I dunno hopefully we never see that happen its just a feeling when I get at times when I watch him play.

Evil Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 06:18 PM
  #108
googlymoogly
Registered User
 
googlymoogly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9,115
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by subbanged View Post
he's turning heads for the 2007 draft, which is quickly becoming one of the best drafts in recent memory for the habs, Subban, Patches, Weber that's a solid draft for any team
Don't forget McDonagh he may have been traded but still drafted by Montreal

Fortier, Stejskal, Conboy has outside shots of seeing future NHL time as well.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 08:38 AM
  #109
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
The person who said 40-100pt guy said it best imo. He has the potential to go very far, who knows where he'll actually end up.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 08:50 AM
  #110
andrew2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 313
vCash: 500
Quote:
Don't forget McDonagh he may have been traded but still drafted by Montreal

Fortier, Stejskal, Conboy has outside shots of seeing future NHL time as well.
you can also throw eller in there also....

andrew2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 11:30 AM
  #111
Hullois
Suck it Trebek
 
Hullois's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Hull, Qc
Country: Martinique
Posts: 2,369
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Ted View Post
Somewhat my fear about Patches is that hes going to get leveled one of these games, and probably be concussed as a result because he moves pretty fast out there and is not afraid to lug the puck up the ice, I dunno hopefully we never see that happen its just a feeling when I get at times when I watch him play.

Kinda scary that this was posted on Monday.

Hullois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 11:33 AM
  #112
Bullsmith
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,216
vCash: 500
We'll never know how good he could have been. Apparently we now need to hire MMA fighters and simply cut them loose on Boston. Peter Ciarelli is calling the hit that may have ended Pax's career as " a strong hockey play." That's the NHL now. It's 1975 again.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 11:34 AM
  #113
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 20,987
vCash: 500
I'm seriously at a loss for words...just like that, the blossoming career of a young player now lays in the balance.

Honestly, I know hockey fans love the Bruins style...but some of their players are a menace on the ice.

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 12:11 PM
  #114
Kyosuke
Registered User
 
Kyosuke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Montreal
Posts: 346
vCash: 500
The big body talented powerforward we were always nagging for... right when he was picking it up and becoming the player we wanted him to be, in some cases even exceeding our expectations... ********** so pissed.. Hope him the best and a speedy recovery, if he does get better I hope he doesn't rush his way back to the lineup and takes some time to really heal.. He's only 22.. ***********

Kyosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 12:12 PM
  #115
Strik_IX
No excuses!
 
Strik_IX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hullois View Post
Kinda scary that this was posted on Monday.
When I saw him go down last night, that post is the first thing that came to mind.

Strik_IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 12:19 PM
  #116
Jack DiBiase
Team Iceland Coach
 
Jack DiBiase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Iceland
Posts: 2,296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hullois View Post
Kinda scary that this was posted on Monday.
Not to mention all those Erik Cole comparisions

Jack DiBiase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 12:22 PM
  #117
GoodKiwi
Registered User
 
GoodKiwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Georgia
Posts: 11,811
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyosuke View Post
The big body talented powerforward we were always nagging for... right when he was picking it up and becoming the player we wanted him to be, in some cases even exceeding our expectations... ********** so pissed.. Hope him the best and a speedy recovery, if he does get better I hope he doesn't rush his way back to the lineup and takes some time to really heal.. He's only 22.. ***********
Exactly what I was thinking about last night and this morning! What a ***** this is!

But Max and his recovery are much more important.

GoodKiwi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 01:00 PM
  #118
HabsInsideOut
Registered User
 
HabsInsideOut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,220
vCash: 500
I'm sorry but I've asked the question and not received much of an answer. I know it is impossible to tell now but is this an injury that you can come back as the player you were? Anywhere close to the player you were? Just looking for educated best guesses

HabsInsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 01:21 PM
  #119
Sined
The AndroidBugler!
 
Sined's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsInsideOut View Post
I'm sorry but I've asked the question and not received much of an answer. I know it is impossible to tell now but is this an injury that you can come back as the player you were? Anywhere close to the player you were? Just looking for educated best guesses
I think these injuries are all unique so really who knows. I mean for all we know, Crosby could possible never be the player he used to be (hopefully he fully recovers, even if I don't particularly like him, he is a hell of a player).

Sined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 02:26 PM
  #120
Aznrx8
Registered User
 
Aznrx8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sined View Post
I think these injuries are all unique so really who knows. I mean for all we know, Crosby could possible never be the player he used to be (hopefully he fully recovers, even if I don't particularly like him, he is a hell of a player).
Agreed it's pretty hard to tell :S

But I remember when Gary Roberts went down with an neck injury and it was worst than what Pacioretty got. I think he couldn't move one of his arm

Aznrx8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 02:40 PM
  #121
Jigger77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,016
vCash: 500
I can't think of too many times I've been more disappointed as a fan of the Habs and a fan of hockey.

I'm not feeling it anymore.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 02:56 PM
  #122
Hexenzesene
Registered User
 
Hexenzesene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 177
vCash: 373
I never felt like this before.. I just can't understand.. Without words

Hexenzesene is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 02:59 PM
  #123
2nyce53*
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 124
vCash: 500
He probably never be the same

2nyce53* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 03:01 PM
  #124
JoeLH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 694
vCash: 500
Erik Cole also had a broken neck and returned. But you never know with those kind of severe injuries.

JoeLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 03:27 PM
  #125
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey
 
BenchBrawl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 10,254
vCash: 800
not sure which is worst , the severity of his concussion or his broken vertebra.
Probably the concussion , vertebra can heal completely sometimes , severe concussion never.

BenchBrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:44 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.