HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs fans protest ideas against NHL *Check OP* (Protest at Bell Centre on Tuesday)

View Poll Results: Are you attending this rally?
Yes 7 5.79%
No 97 80.17%
No, but I support it 17 14.05%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2011, 11:53 AM
sammy d

vCash: 500
never happen

Old
03-09-2011, 11:56 AM
valkyrur

they say the best revenge is living well......
i don't see how that could be possible for Patches right now!
but forfeiting a game, although it would reach out throughout North America, is a bad idea.
We will beat them, and keep beating them at a game they don't know how to play!
the NHL won't do much whether we protest or not. Bettman loves the publicity even if it is bad publicity.

so the only thing we can do now, is keep cheering Patches name, keep cheering for our team, win the Cup and keep playing Hockey as Montreal has been doing for over 100 years now!

Old
03-09-2011, 11:57 AM
Nedved

let's see what the suspension is. If it's a slap on the wrist, I'm all for that, 100%. The league is getting ridiculous with how it treats it's players. It's almost like every night something stupid is happening on the ice, just no respect for players. Why? because the consequences for their actions are laughable. Chara literally ruined this kids life, not just career. That is fed up **** to only get a slap on the wrist. FED. ugh, but then again most people get hard-ons watching people get knocked out in the UFC.

People need to be held accountable for their actions. I don't care who you are. I hope Chara is made an example of for future players to think a little more. This guys a child, has barely lived and was totally preventable. Chara's actions reminds me of a person who gets hammered and drives home.

Old
03-09-2011, 11:57 AM
holyhabs87

vCash: 2009
let's just go in beantown and beat them again..like we always do.

let them chant usa usa usa when gionta scores!

Old
03-09-2011, 12:00 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Something has to be done, the league won't do it, maybe the organization won't do it. But this game doesn't exist without fans. And if the fans protest, it is the biggest statement that can be made. The problem is getting everyone united in doing something, one giant movement that speaks to having things changed.

These guys are professional athletes, we've seen videos of Crosby sniping pucks off a side board with pinpoint accuracy. I can stop myself from driving another persons head into a turnbuckle and I'm not nearly as coordinated or fast reflexively as an NHL athlete. But it's not Chara's fault nor his intent? I highly doubt it.

Old
03-09-2011, 12:01 PM
stanleyorbust

Leafs fan..... Forfeiting the game does nothing really. Gets front page news, Bettman fines you big time. Guaranteed emotions will be running VERY high next game, and you will see Mike Murphy, Colin Campbell, and Bettman all attend that game. I'm sure the players will be told that they better behave as well...

The best thing you guys can do right now is hope he recovers, and use this as a spring board to go as far as you can in the playoffs. You didn't see Detroit quit when Konstantinov's career was derailed by a car accident... you didn't see Pittsburg quit when Stevens face was crushed in..

I unfortunately have not seen the hit yet... but Chara almost smashed Grabovski's head in a few weeks... the guy is a ogre on skates.

Old
03-09-2011, 12:03 PM
Serious HABit

I'd love to see the habs' organization do something.

Old
03-09-2011, 12:03 PM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Something has to be done, the league won't do it, maybe the organization won't do it. But this game doesn't exist without fans. And if the fans protest, it is the biggest statement that can be made. The problem is getting everyone united in doing something, one giant movement that speaks to having things changed.

These guys are professional athletes, we've seen videos of Crosby sniping pucks off a side board with pinpoint accuracy. I can stop myself from driving another persons head into a turnbuckle and I'm not nearly as coordinated or fast reflexively as an NHL athlete. But it's not Chara's fault nor his intent? I highly doubt it.
I don't think the results were his intention but what pisses me off is Chara going out now and trying to put the blame on MaxPac and saying he leaned and jumped into the direction of the turnbuckle or whatever you want to call it. Be a man Chara and take the responsibility for your actions.

Old
03-09-2011, 12:04 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleyorbust View Post
Leafs fan..... Forfeiting the game does nothing really. Gets front page news, Bettman fines you big time. Guaranteed emotions will be running VERY high next game, and you will see Mike Murphy, Colin Campbell, and Bettman all attend that game. I'm sure the players will be told that they better behave as well...

The best thing you guys can do right now is hope he recovers, and use this as a spring board to go as far as you can in the playoffs. You didn't see Detroit quit when Konstantinov's career was derailed by a car accident... you didn't see Pittsburg quit when Stevens face was crushed in..

I unfortunately have not seen the hit yet... but Chara almost smashed Grabovski's head in a few weeks... the guy is a ogre on skates.

Like I said, forfeiting the game does nothing. But fans not showing up in attendance? That certainly does.

Old
03-09-2011, 12:14 PM
RussCourtnallsGhost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsbullet View Post
There also shouldn't be any talk of intentionally go hunting down bruins' rookies or good players. There is something called having respect for our opponents and thinking about this childish talk of revenge is unprofessional. Chara is a hard competitor and made a terrible play. I would want to believe that he did not intend for that to happen.
Some of us believe it was ABSOLUTELY INTENTIONAL. Chara is down 4-0, and the hit happens to be against a player he's already been going after? What a lovely coincidence!

Respecting our opponent? Lucic and Horton made it abundantly clear they didn't give a **** about the hit. You can't respect them, they're goons, and they only understand one thing.

Old
03-09-2011, 12:15 PM
DJ Breadman

hahahah unfortunetly the law doesn't work like the nhl, the court of law doesn't care if your a nice guy who isn't dirty, murder is murder

Old
03-09-2011, 12:18 PM
neofury*

If it's a game in Boston and we're clinched, I say do it.

No joke it would be funny. That being said though I'd rather just kick their ***** like we always do. In Boston though they'd lose out on revenues.

Old
03-09-2011, 12:19 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

No.

Go in Boston and kick their ass on the scoreboard. That is the best revenge.

Old
03-09-2011, 12:20 PM
valkyrur

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussCourtnallsGhost View Post
Some of us believe it was ABSOLUTELY INTENTIONAL. Chara is down 4-0, and the hit happens to be against a player he's already been going after? What a lovely coincidence!

Respecting our opponent? Lucic and Horton made it abundantly clear they didn't give a **** about the hit. You can't respect them, they're goons, and they only understand one thing.
why would you want to stoop down to their level?! we are a team that represents HOCKEY. we play HOCKEY. why should we play into their game? we've seen us get destroyed and bleed off the ice when we played their game last month....we play our game the way we won last night...speed and talent!

Old
03-09-2011, 12:20 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
I doubt it happens. Wouldn't solve anything.

Old
03-09-2011, 12:22 PM
J Sawyer
Beamer Hearts VCR

Forfeit a game?
No.
Never.
The Habs should take it a step further and join the KHL

Old
03-09-2011, 12:26 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Why don't fans just get there early and block the Bruins entrance ?

Though, knowing the class of the Bruins they'd probably fight women and children.

Old
03-09-2011, 12:26 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Not worth it.

Old
03-09-2011, 12:29 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved View Post
let's see what the suspension is. If it's a slap on the wrist, I'm all for that, 100%. The league is getting ridiculous with how it treats it's players. It's almost like every night something stupid is happening on the ice, just no respect for players. Why? because the consequences for their actions are laughable. Chara literally ruined this kids life, not just career. That is fed up **** to only get a slap on the wrist. FED. ugh, but then again most people get hard-ons watching people get knocked out in the UFC.

People need to be held accountable for their actions. I don't care who you are. I hope Chara is made an example of for future players to think a little more. This guys a child, has barely lived and was totally preventable. Chara's actions reminds me of a person who gets hammered and drives home.
The difference is the UFC is a league for MMA fighting where people know exactly what they're getting themselves into. It isn't a case like Spacek or Pacioretty where they go to play a sport and wind up in the middle of a ****ing war zone.

So yeah I like UFC, that doesn't mean I can't dislike a completely illegal dirty hit with poor intentions behind it.

UFC half the fighters get along and even hang out outside the ring, the whole hype fight stuff is overblown, these guys a lot of them are actually a lot more respectful and humble with one another than the media leads on. In hockey it's the total opposite, the respect level in the league is beyond bad. Players have no respect for players, the league has no respect for players, heck judging by the bruins forum fans don't even have respect for the players.

Had it been the other way around I swear to god I would've been as pissed only difference being I wouldn't be feeling the affect of not having a promising young player play for us anymore. This adds insult to injury. They pounded the piss out of Spacek when he didn't want to fight, no suspension. They ****ed Pacioretty up BIG TIME, probably a **** suspension.

It's sad that it will likely take somebody getting killed in order for the league to actually do something.

The whole protest and forfeit thing would be a lot better than pretending it doesn't exist and just letting it go by until Couture from SJ gets murdered on the ice or something to that affect.

Old
03-09-2011, 12:30 PM
Davebo
beep beep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Why don't the fans just organize standing outside of the Bell Centre in protest?

If the leagues biggest market, loudest building, is empty. That would send a pretty big message.
This!

It would have a huge impact. The players on the ice would find it surreal, and it's the players themselves that have to change.

Old
03-09-2011, 12:31 PM
compile

vCash: 611
The NHL is reactive. This league fails hard. They have been talking about headaches for how long now? They need someone with a pair of nuts and make rule changes on the go.

If this was the NFL Chara would be gone for the season and fined a huge amount.

This incident isn't a career changer, it's a life changer. If he has a grade 3 or higher concussion he has a higher chance of developing a brain disorder. What does Chara get? A measly suspension and a peanut fine.

I 100% agree with the OP also with picketing outside the arena next time they meet.
The NHL WILL NOT be proactive until someone ends up paralyzed or dead on the ice.

The fact that media is saying he was rubbing him out is ********. He could of hit him ight after he touched the puck which happened at the blue line. He waited for it, by angling Max into it. I'm so disgusted by this I literally wanted to put a hole in my wall.

Old
03-09-2011, 12:32 PM
Darth Joker

I'm with WeThreeKings.

Fans with tickets to the game should stand outside, picketing the Bruins, as a show of protest of the Boston Bruins organization and their thuggish classless ways.

It'll get national news, but there's not a damn thing that Bettman can do about it. He can't fine the Habs for their fans taking such actions.

Old
03-09-2011, 12:33 PM
Cull909

Send a message via AIM to Cull909
We need to sign a couple tough guys from LNAH, and have them target Bergeron.

Old
03-09-2011, 12:33 PM
J Sawyer
Beamer Hearts VCR

For the guys doing the protesting outside, mind if I sit in your seat for a while?

Old
03-09-2011, 12:35 PM
m00ks

Forfeit? Are you serious? **** that. Habs have always trumped whatever bs goonery Ruins dish out. You play March 24th and you win.

Closed Thread