HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs fans protest ideas against NHL *Check OP* (Protest at Bell Centre on Tuesday)

View Poll Results: Are you attending this rally?
Yes 7 5.79%
No 97 80.17%
No, but I support it 17 14.05%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2011, 12:38 PM
That Habs Fan
True Contenders.

vCash: 400
they took out our best player in the 2002 playoffs and we beat them in 6 games

beat them on march 24th and then again in the conference finals (or earlier)

Old
03-09-2011, 12:39 PM
Kikizaz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cull909 View Post
We need to sign a couple tough guys from LNAH, and have them target Bergeron.
Why bergeron? if you are going to goon someone it better be Chara.

Im upset that only one mug pf beer was thrown towards the bruins bench.

Old
03-09-2011, 12:40 PM
Davebo
beep beep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Joker View Post
I'm with WeThreeKings.

Fans with tickets to the game should stand outside, picketing the Bruins, as a show of protest of the Boston Bruins organization and their thuggish classless ways.

It'll get national news, but there's not a damn thing that Bettman can do about it. He can't fine the Habs for their fans taking such actions.
I bet half the coverage that night would be the media outside talkign to the fans. Very good idea, W3K...

Old
ScottFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyers View Post
Forfeit a game?
No.
Never.
The Habs should take it a step further and join the KHL
As crazy as that sounds it would be awesome ad I'm sure the KHL will be for it. It would take significant cash from the Nhl.

It also will never happen

Old
Bullsmith

There are some good reasons to boycott. Let the Bruins barn sit empty, let them make 0$ in revenue from concessions and parking, meanwhile focus attention on a league where driving a guy's head into a steel post is a winning move. The Bruins lost 4-1 and they're celebrating, while the team that beat them is in mourning. That's not how a successful sports league operates. To make things even worse, after nearly killing Pax, the Bruins went out and put obvious, public targets on Pouliot and Subban. That's ****ing Slap Shot territory. Bush league would be a compliment for what the NHL is letting the Bruins become.

Old
FiveForDrawingBlood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born in 1909 View Post
Seriously.

With the behavior of Bruin players this season, I truly fear for the safety of our players at this point.

Come on Molsons.

Pull the plug on the next game.

Make a REAL STATEMENT

Thoughts?
They should do something.....last 2 games against the Bruins have been crazy

Old
captain_kourageous

The canadiens should really make a statement that they care more about theirs fans and the integrity of the game than having respect across the league. If the league has double-standards in suspensions considering your star status and reputation, don't pay your revenue sharing. It's that simple.

Old
Nedved

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
The difference is the UFC is a league for MMA fighting where people know exactly what they're getting themselves into. It isn't a case like Spacek or Pacioretty where they go to play a sport and wind up in the middle of a ****ing war zone.

So yeah I like UFC, that doesn't mean I can't dislike a completely illegal dirty hit with poor intentions behind it.

UFC half the fighters get along and even hang out outside the ring, the whole hype fight stuff is overblown, these guys a lot of them are actually a lot more respectful and humble with one another than the media leads on. In hockey it's the total opposite, the respect level in the league is beyond bad. Players have no respect for players, the league has no respect for players, heck judging by the bruins forum fans don't even have respect for the players.

Had it been the other way around I swear to god I would've been as pissed only difference being I wouldn't be feeling the affect of not having a promising young player play for us anymore. This adds insult to injury. They pounded the piss out of Spacek when he didn't want to fight, no suspension. They ****ed Pacioretty up BIG TIME, probably a **** suspension.

It's sad that it will likely take somebody getting killed in order for the league to actually do something.

The whole protest and forfeit thing would be a lot better than pretending it doesn't exist and just letting it go by until Couture from SJ gets murdered on the ice or something to that affect.
sorry man. I'm not talking about the sport itself, I enjoy watching GSP. Yet, go to the bar and instead of watching the fight, watch the people. When people get knocked out, people are like **** YEAH. that's awesome, man and you can literally feel the testosterone in the air building as the night goes on. That's all I meant, that it's weird a lot of people get excited by people getting knocked out or hurt badly. Just makes me think about human condition.

Old
03-09-2011, 12:42 PM
Patccmoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleyorbust View Post
I unfortunately have not seen the hit yet... but Chara almost smashed Grabovski's head in a few weeks... the guy is a ogre on skates.
Impossible! We're being told over and over by every media from Montreal or not that Chara isn't a dirty player since 9pm last night! I couldn't believe they would say that if he had any antics?!

Old
03-09-2011, 12:43 PM
Cull909

Send a message via AIM to Cull909
Cause thats what the B's do. They target PK, Pacs, Pleks etc... Lucic, Thornton, the guy with the huge nose who runs away when anyone bigger than him is around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikizaz View Post
Why bergeron? if you are going to goon someone it better be Chara.

Im upset that only one mug pf beer was thrown towards the bruins bench.

Old
03-09-2011, 12:44 PM
kassian

[QUOTE=Cull909;31534433]We have guys like Henry, Bonneau, Schultz and Conboy in the AHL. Call them up and have something like the Pens vs Isles game.

Old
03-09-2011, 12:45 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born in 1909 View Post
Seriously.

With the behavior of Bruin players this season, I truly fear for the safety of our players at this point.

Come on Molsons.

Pull the plug on the next game.

Make a REAL STATEMENT

Thoughts?
No, the B's have been easy points this year...4 out of 5 so far, and 9 out of the last 10 games played...

Old
03-09-2011, 12:45 PM
Delat

[QUOTE=Cull909;31534433]That's stupid, he doesn't deserve that, that would be falling down to their level and as much as I'd like to see someone kick Chara's ass, I wouldn't want to be compared to some of these guys.

Old
03-09-2011, 12:47 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeronne View Post
We have guys like Henry, Bonneau, Schultz and Conboy in the AHL. Call them up and have something like the Pens vs Isles game.
That's not how we play, it won't happen. Habs have class and that will never happen in Montreal

Old
03-09-2011, 12:47 PM
The Doors

Why would the Habs forfeit? It's an easy win.

Old
03-09-2011, 12:48 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
We have guys like Henry, Bonneau, Schultz and Conboy in the AHL. Call them up and have something like the Pens vs Isles game.
I'm up for that. We need to seek revenge for Pacioretty.

Old
03-09-2011, 12:50 PM
J Sawyer
Beamer Hearts VCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyDoNot View Post
As crazy as that sounds it would be awesome ad I'm sure the KHL will be for it. It would take significant cash from the Nhl.

It also will never happen
We'd get a couple of prospects back and who know's, maybe the Habs could finally land Radulov

Old
03-09-2011, 12:51 PM
HF-Addict

In what ways can we be heard?

I mean, our organization is a joke who won't comment on it in fear of fines and the league retribution. So realistically, what are our options?

1) Forfeiting the game in protest. I don't care for the 2 points. If anything, Lucic going after Pouliot in the 3rd and Horton on Subban show that those two are probably the next ones most likely to get "accidentally disgustingly injured". It should make the news.

2) Boycott the Molson group (which mean the Molson beer)? I mean, didn't they just sign a HUGEEE advertisement contract with the NHL? And from what I understand, it wouldn't stop our team from being competitive as he isn't related to the Molson group? Quite easy to just drink another beer.

3) Stop buying NHL stuff? LI mean it's kind of hard to do anything as a fan when our organization doesn't back the fans. Should we stop buying / attending? But does it really make a difference, as we are somewhat penalizing ourselves?!

4) Sign players for one-game only to go out there to injure...Doesn't solve the violence issue, but the league isn't interested in that.

Just food for thoughts. Wished there was a way Chara would be banned until Pax comes back. Or some criminal justice. #1 and #4 obviously would need the organization to act.

Last edited by HF-Addict: 03-09-2011 at 01:00 PM.
Old
03-09-2011, 12:52 PM
kassian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
That's not how we play, it won't happen. Habs have class and that will never happen in Montreal
I know. It's wishful thinking from my part, but, imho, that'd be awesome.

Old
03-09-2011, 12:53 PM
Stradale

Something definitely needs to be done.

Who cares about winning the next game. We don't even know if MaxPac is gonna play hockey again, or if he's gonna be the player he was before the injury.

Old
03-09-2011, 12:53 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Refuse to play Philadelphia. Montréal is 10-2-1, or some **** against the Bruins. Easy 2 points are easy.

However, the last 2 points was costly

Old
03-09-2011, 12:54 PM
kassian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Something definitely needs to be done.

Who cares about winning the next game. We don't even know if MaxPac is gonna play hockey again, or if he's gonna be the player he was before the injury.
Is he gonna play hockey again? Most likely.

Is he gonna be the same? I don' think so. We've seen too often players change their attitude, physical activity on the ice after a concussion. That's what I'm worried the most about. Patches might lose some of his swagger out there. I don't think he'll ever be the same

Old
03-09-2011, 12:59 PM
Fulcrum97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
Yes, they should.
Yes, they should forfeit the game, and lose the points, and Habs should probably forfeit their whole playoff position as well~!

Old
03-09-2011, 01:00 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Is he gonna play hockey again? Most likely.

Is he gonna be the same? I don' think so. We've seen too often players change their attitude, physical activity on the ice after a concussion. That's what I'm worried the most about. Patches might lose some of his swagger out there. I don't think he'll ever be the same
Yep, lets not forget that he got a severe concussion. He will be as fragile as Marc Savard when he comes back.

MaxPac was full of potential, now Chara pretty much ruined it.

Old
03-09-2011, 01:01 PM
Bullsmith

The worst thing about what happened last night is that after the penalty-filled mess of the previous game, the Habs came out and played disciplined, winning, clean hockey. In return, Chara broke a guy's neck. Hard to see how that's a winning strategy long term. If the league doesn't meaningfully discipline Chara they're telling all the teams that the "new NHL" is dead and it's time to goon up. Seriously, it's like they've lost the ability to manage the league.

Closed Thread