HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs fans protest ideas against NHL *Check OP* (Protest at Bell Centre on Tuesday)

View Poll Results: Are you attending this rally?
Yes 7 5.79%
No 97 80.17%
No, but I support it 17 14.05%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2011, 02:05 PM
ReVeuF

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patccmoi View Post
This changes what? Nothing. They will do the same freaking thing. We will beat them up at hockey, they will do their best to take one of our players out. They are gutless goons with absolutely 0 respect for the sport.

What Chara did yesterday was criminal, no matter what his intentions were. NO MATTER. The action he did was deliberate (it's not as if he was falling and his skate cut someone that he could not control, or that Pacioretty was engaged willingly in a fight with him and took a bad punch), and the league is going to do nothing, or nothing that matters anyway.

I think there seriously need to be something serious done about it. And it sure as hell won't come from the league. A protest would be a start. While the league would likely fine the Habs something fierce and we would look like a bunch of wimps across the league I don't care, the original idea is not bad either because it would make national news in USA and Canada for sure.

Sending goons on the ice, beating the Bruins at hockey, nothing changes anything. They cannot play on the same ice as us and so they just try to kill someone or pummel someone. They likely took out our first real Power Forward in the last decade and NOTHING right now is encouraging and saying that he will play at a good level again. Nothing.

I wish our organisation had balls in this matter, but I don't expect anything. I wish fans will do something though. I don't know what the players can do.
It will affect league reputation and Buttman with the TV contract he want so much in the USA might go down the drain.

Might be a win-win situation, it might help Quebec to get a team faster .

Old
03-09-2011, 02:06 PM
tiz

Worse things have happened on the ice before. Sadly, this is a result of how players play the game so close to the edge.

Chara should get suspended, and we should go into the next game and win it for Patches.

Old
03-09-2011, 02:06 PM
Bill McNeal

Beat them in the playoffs and then skip the handshake.

That's what I want to see.

Old
03-09-2011, 02:09 PM
stanley25

I beleive that the organization has to step it up, and if the league does not do anything about it refuse to put our players life'son the line and go as far as saying if chara is on the ice for the next game then our team will not. Not only are we dealling with peoples lifes here but you also have to think that theses 19 men on the ice are estimated at about 60 million dollars a year and even if you dont want to receive sanctions or what not you need to protect you're investments. This is probably why I was never meant to play pro's because in the heat of the moment I would have probably taking a 2 hand swing at charas face.

Last edited by stanley25: 03-09-2011 at 02:37 PM.
Old
03-09-2011, 02:16 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

We should sign Laraque to a one year league minimum contract if possible.

Old
03-09-2011, 02:20 PM
J Sawyer
Beamer Hearts VCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKOTW View Post

He's King of Haiti nowadays

Old
03-09-2011, 02:24 PM
CastroLeRobot
Hab-a-bouille

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
They don't come back this year. What a coincidence.

for some reason, I was sure they would be...

well, they might in the playoffs.

Old
03-09-2011, 02:27 PM
Bullsmith

If the league lets Chara play the next game against us, in Boston, what are they saying? Is Montreal supposed to make a bunch of minor league swaps so we can bring up 4 total goons (the max we can call up post trade deadline)? Are we supposed to simply take beatings face to face or get run from behind? We showed up and kicked Boston's ass at hockey so they broke MaxPax's neck and THEN tried to start fights that weren't even close to fair matchups. Seriously, what is the NHL saying? Don't even try to win or you'll end up like Crosby? What the hell kind of fan base to they want?

Old
03-09-2011, 02:30 PM
Theeze0504

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKOTW View Post
They should sign him for a year.....WITH NO CONTRACT.

Old
03-09-2011, 02:32 PM
kassian
Emelin's face plate

I hope Chara never sets a foot inside the Bell Centre ever again. He's a disgrace, a disgusting player. I hope he never gets the chance to play in this historic building ever again.

Montreal doesn't tolerate this kind of BS. Chara can stay home, because I guarantee you that the crowd won't hesitate to throw stuff at him. I hope he thinks twice before stepping into this building. "Thinking twice" - something he didn't do on that play. He just saw a good opportunity to send a message and hurt a guy he's been hunting the last couple of games.

Old
03-09-2011, 02:34 PM
SherbrookeW

A boycott is a very good idea, though I doubt that the Molsons will have the courage. Something has to be done -- when someone can break the neck of another player with reckless disregard for simple safety, and nothing is done, the sport is dying anyway.

Old
03-09-2011, 02:39 PM
BigNumber1Centre
Heart of Gallagher

Habs need to play their game against the Bruins! Yes it sucks to have to endure cheap shots and be dominated physically by them but when they fight back they play right into the Bruins hands. The Habs can beat them on speed and skill alone which is what Boston could only wish for.

Old
03-09-2011, 02:45 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Ladies and Gents, please don't reply to trolls. Take 1 of 2 actions;

1) Report the post via the report post button.

2) Let the mods get it to, which we will.

You're wasting your time and ours when you quote them, as it makes the cleanup twice as long.

Old
03-09-2011, 02:47 PM
Claimed Off Waivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeronne View Post
We have guys like Henry, Bonneau, Schultz and Conboy in the AHL. Call them up and have something like the Pens vs Isles game.
I'm down for this. Send Bonneau out to fight Tomas Kaberle the same way Boychuk goes after Spacek.

Old
03-09-2011, 02:52 PM
Andros777

Pretty mad that all that's really happened is that we've been them nine out of the past ten games, like we always do, and all this talk about the Habs being cheapshot artists is just the Bruins trying to rationalize that. And then when someone does answer the bell, they respond by getting even dirtier. And then after we're winning, our team is deflated because of the guy who was just knocked out, and the game is winding down, they continued to send out goons like Lucic and McQuaid.

Old
03-09-2011, 02:52 PM
holyhabs87

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Ladies and Gents, please don't reply to trolls. Take 1 of 2 actions;

1) Report the post via the report post button.

2) Let the mods get it to, which we will.

You're wasting your time and ours when you quote them, as it makes the cleanup twice as long.
Finally a Natey avatar that I can tolerate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NerdAtTheCoolTable View Post
I'm down for this. Send Bonneau out to fight Tomas Kaberle the same way Boychuk goes after Spacek.
The Montreal Canadiens organization is too classy to go down such a road. We lose fights, lose one of our best players..this would be the time to respond but I doubt it.

Old
03-09-2011, 02:54 PM
Guy Germaine

wow, lot's of overeactions in this thread.
No way Chara intentionally meant to smash his head the way he did, just one of those freak accidents that happen when you're playing a game where every inch and every split second count.
Chara swiped at the puck and missed , so he got an arm up to try and hold Max and once he realised he was beat he decided to squeeze him out against the boards. The entire play took maybe a second and a half, and our brains don't have that kind of reaction time.

He should still be suspended for an illegal hit though.

What I found even more disgusting was Lucic and Horton chasing around Pouliot and Subban near the end of the game, obviously frustrated by the loss. Horton was shaking Subban like a ragdoll and PK did nothing, at least push back, don't just stand there like a limp noodle.

Old
03-09-2011, 02:57 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhabs87 View Post
Finally a Natey avatar that I can tolerate.
Was the hot girl too much for you?

Just wait until Patches is back, the one I have in reserve is a dandy.

Old
03-09-2011, 02:59 PM
Bullsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subbanorama View Post
Habs need to play their game against the Bruins! Yes it sucks to have to endure cheap shots and be dominated physically by them but when they fight back they play right into the Bruins hands. The Habs can beat them on speed and skill alone which is what Boston could only wish for.
That's exactly what happened last night. Habs handed Bruins their butt. In return Chara handed the Habs Max's head on a platter, mostly separated from his body. Is that really a win for the Habs?

Old
03-09-2011, 03:00 PM
Bill McNeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Germaine View Post
wow, lot's of overeactions in this thread.
No way Chara intentionally meant to smash his head the way he did, just one of those freak accidents that happen when you're playing a game where every inch and every split second count.
Chara swiped at the puck and missed , so he got an arm up to try and hold Max and once he realised he was beat he decided to squeeze him out against the boards. The entire play took maybe a second and a half, and our brains don't have that kind of reaction time.

He should still be suspended for an illegal hit though.

What I found even more disgusting was Lucic and Horton chasing around Pouliot and Subban near the end of the game, obviously frustrated by the loss. Horton was shaking Subban like a ragdoll and PK did nothing, at least push back, don't just stand there like a limp noodle.
What does Subban gain by responding to the Pig-man's antics?

He just saw his teammate hauled off the ice on a stretcher. The entire team mailed it in in the 3rd, they didn't want to have anything to do with that game.

Old
03-09-2011, 03:01 PM
habdynasty

no way do the habs forfeit !!!!!! never ever !!!!!!!!!!

Old
03-09-2011, 03:43 PM
TomPlex

Stay home next game. Please.

Old
03-09-2011, 03:49 PM
La Grosse Tendresse

They absolutely should forfeit.

Old
03-09-2011, 03:49 PM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

Don't travel, don't talk about the game, pretend it doesn't even exist. This league is a GD joke.

Old
03-09-2011, 03:50 PM
ChoseLa

Why? We should just go there and humiliate them like we did yesterday.

Closed Thread