HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Moose 3rd jerseys...

Closed Thread

Old
10-11-2003, 04:38 PM
Edler Von Gud

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Edler Von Gud
Moose 3rd jerseys...

I like them a lot:

I felt the need to make this thread to help people get over the fuglyness of that Salmon King logo.

Old
10-11-2003, 04:39 PM
incawg

Moose losing 3-1 at first intermission:
Manitoba - Fedor Fedorov (powerplay) (Kirill Koltsov, Jaroslav Obsut) 4:10
St. Johns - Jay Harrison (Brad Leeb) 7:51
St. Johns - Kris Newbury (powerplay) (Mike Brown, Chris Chartier) 11:39
St. Johns - Marc Moro (unassisted) 19:18

Here's another pic of the logo:

Old
10-11-2003, 04:49 PM
Edler Von Gud

Woohoo, My boy Koltsov just scored, it's 3-2 now. He's got a goal and an assist so far in his NA debut. Assist to the other Russian, Fedor Fedorov.

edit: Kavanagh got the 2nd assist on Koltsov's goal

Old
10-11-2003, 05:50 PM
Edler Von Gud

Holy crap, Kirill scored yet another one, all three points have been on the PP, this kid is gonna be an awesome PP QB, trust me. 2 goals, and an assist in his Moose debut, not bad for someone who was being knocked by some people.

Fedor, and Kavy assisted on the goal. It's 4-3 St.John's with 10 minutes left, maybe Kirill can get the hattrick

Fedor has 1 goal, 2 assists so far, Kavy has 2 assists.

Old
10-11-2003, 06:07 PM
fergo
Are we stopped?

Koltsov (2-2-4) and Fedorov (1-3-4) both have four points each tonight. They both assisted on Manitoba's fourth goal (by Reid), and the score is 5-4 St. John's......which is now the final.

By the way, the new jerseys are quite nice. The design of the jersey sort of reminds me of the St. Louis Blues, but the logo......better than what I was expecting.

Old
10-11-2003, 06:42 PM
nazzy19o

Send a message via MSN to nazzy19o Send a message via Yahoo to nazzy19o
I could have swore they had a contest, which i found on the internet, about making a logo for the moose. You even got to see the entries. I kinda remeber one looking somewhat like that, anyone else see this?

Edit: HERE WE GO http://ssur.org/experiments/experiments.htm

Old
10-11-2003, 08:07 PM
orcatown

fergo - how did Koltsov look on defense? Saw he was a -1. Obviously had good ofensive game.

Did Fedor look as good as stats indicate?

Also sounds like Auld might have had a tough game in net? Will probably see Moss next game.

Also I saw that Grenier had a few fights. One with ex-Canuck Mike Brown. How did he make out.

Toronto has a veteran team so I wouldn't be too upset. I think we the number of youngsters might take awhile for Moose to gell.

Old
10-11-2003, 09:17 PM
fergo
Are we stopped?

I wasn't at the game, so I have to go by what they said on the radio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orcatown
fergo - how did Koltsov look on defense? Saw he was a -1. Obviously had good ofensive game.
Sounds like he wasn't too bad, but I think he might've accidentally put the puck into his own net on one of St. John's' goals. Auld stopped Barrett with a shot, and I guess Koltsov might've been trying to clear the puck out of the crease or around that area, but inadvertently put it in. Kyle Wellwood got credit for the goal, so he might've actually put it in, and not Koltsov. I'll see what they say in the papers.

Having said all that, Koltsov's +/- was low because three of his four points were on the power play.

Quote:
Did Fedor look as good as stats indicate?
From all appearances, he was one of the best Moose players out there tonight, and I couldn't be happier for him. Definitely a good sign.....if he can keep it up. He was paired up with Jimmy Roy and Ryan Kesler for most of the night.

Quote:
Also sounds like Auld might have had a tough game in net? Will probably see Moss next game.
They said on the radio he wasn't totally at fault for most of those goals, but they also said that he didn't play overly spectacular. Sort of a "not bad enough to be horrible, but not good enough to be great" type of night. He was just average. :p

Quote:
Also I saw that Grenier had a few fights. One with ex-Canuck Mike Brown. How did he make out.
Grenier won that fight from the sounds of things. Didn't kill Brown, but Grenier definitely had the upper hand. But Brown had the last laugh, getting the "Gordie Howe" hat trick.

Quote:
Toronto has a veteran team so I wouldn't be too upset. I think we the number of youngsters might take awhile for Moose to gell.
Yeah, the Moose D is quite a bit younger than last year's crew, so it might take them a bit of time to work everything out.

A few notes about the game:
-- Scratches for Manitoba were Jason Lehoux, Chris St. Croix, and Rene Vydareny. I thought it was interesting that Vydareny was scratched, but maybe there's some injury that wasn't talked about? I guess I'll check the papers in the morning.
-- Moose power play was 3-for-8! Unfortunately......St. John's was 2-for-5 with theirs, so......kind of negated any advantage the Moose would've had.
-- Three Moose players ended up out of action for at least part of the game due to separate incidents. Dallas Eakins suffered an "upper body" injury at some point in the first, and didn't return; Tomas Mojzis got injured at some point in the second and didn't return; and Jimmy Roy got cut twice during the game and had to leave the game both times to get patched up. He did return later on.
-- The Manitoba Moose seem to hate home openers. They are 2-6 in their history in home-openers, and St. John's is the first team to beat the Moose twice in said type of games.

Monday afternoon's rematch will be interesting, considering all the skirmishes that took place during the first game. Definitely no love lost between these two teams.

Old
10-11-2003, 09:59 PM
Vman

Great to hear Koltsov and Fedorov getting 4 points each, was this game the season opener Manitoba?

Old
10-11-2003, 10:25 PM
orcatown

Yes it was their opener. Fergo thanks for the report. From the game description below sounds like FF had a great game along with Kiiril

http://www.moosehockey.com/news/pres...hp?press_id=39

Old
10-12-2003, 09:59 AM
Canadian Chris

vCash: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koltsov
I like them a lot:

I felt the need to make this thread to help people get over the fuglyness of that Salmon King logo.
I need.....NEED to get my hands on one of those jerseys.....THEY RULE!

Closed Thread