HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs fans protest ideas against NHL *Check OP* (Protest at Bell Centre on Tuesday)

View Poll Results: Are you attending this rally?
Yes 7 5.79%
No 97 80.17%
No, but I support it 17 14.05%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2011, 04:30 PM
Zaide
I'm a renegade

vCash: 152
We would be moved to Vegas or Kansas if we don't produce any benifits.

Old
03-09-2011, 04:32 PM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaide View Post
We would be moved to Vegas or Kansas if we don't produce any benifits.
And become the XFL

Old
03-09-2011, 04:33 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

The Habs/ Molson must do SOMETHING is the point here.

Old
03-09-2011, 04:37 PM
Habiton

Right here: canadiens.spreadshirt.com

If everyone is wearing those shirts to the game, everyone will realize that we are serious.

I just whipped those up, feel free to make your own, they are pretty fun to design.

Old
03-09-2011, 04:38 PM
Darth Joker

I hate to say it, because it could open up a bit of a pandora's box, but I honestly think that the Habs (or Patches family) should consider getting the law involved.

In other words, sue the NHL. Or ask for a RCMP investigation.

I hate to say it, but I think this might be the only way to get this repulsive league management to clean up its act.

Old
03-09-2011, 04:39 PM
TheHabMan43
You'd Better RUN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolkaTruesilver View Post
It's not a violent way. I have described the outlines in the "Let's email the NHL" thread. In short, let's declare him Nefas and have the whole building be silent whenever he has the puck.

No booing. Just a dead silence. He will feel the pressure. Every. Single. Time.
Haha, Ok, sounds good.

Old
03-09-2011, 04:40 PM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Joker View Post
I hate to say it, because it could open up a bit of a pandora's box, but I honestly think that the Habs (or Patches family) should consider getting the law involved.

In other words, sue the NHL. Or ask for a RCMP investigation.

I hate to say it, but I think this might be the only way to get this repulsive league management to clean up its act.
He didn't have a broken neck and we saw that the only way this happens and only way it has happened is the Bertuzzi incident. Yes it is terrible what happened to him but he didn't die. I think it might be a little bit of an over reaction.

Old
03-09-2011, 04:42 PM
Habiton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habiton View Post
Right here: canadiens.spreadshirt.com

If everyone is wearing those shirts to the game, everyone will realize that we are serious.

I just whipped those up, feel free to make your own, they are pretty fun to design.
FYI, im not making any money from this. So mods dont remove for self-promotion...I made a shop (no other items) and there is no commish. Just for patches to get well soon

Old
03-09-2011, 04:43 PM
Rbk
MontrealCulinary*****

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Rbk Send a message via Skype™ to Rbk
National Hockey League
1185 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10036-2601, United States
+1 212-789-2000 ‎
road trip anyone?

Old
03-09-2011, 04:45 PM
Treal

As Habs fans, just don't show up at the Bell Centre whenever the next Montreal-Boston in Montreal happens. Let the two teams play in an empty arena. Obviously that would never happen but what a sight that would be.

Old
03-09-2011, 04:49 PM
Darth Joker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiebottles View Post
He didn't have a broken neck and we saw that the only way this happens and only way it has happened is the Bertuzzi incident. Yes it is terrible what happened to him but he didn't die. I think it might be a little bit of an over reaction.
If the League had given Chara some sort of suspension, at least, then I'd agree with you.

But if the NHL refuses to police itself, allowing career-threatening injuries off of reckless plays to go unpunished...

Old
03-09-2011, 04:54 PM
walsy37

the *********g NHL does not care if the Montreal market is upset. Montreal will still sell out the games and buy the stuff. The league cares if its American image takes a hit. Here's my suggestion in NYC one of the big shows is the Michael Kay show on 1050 ESPN. Call it and talk with their hockey guy Don LeGreca about what a stupid league. Similarly, Mike and Mike on ESPN radio's morning program do not talk hockey unless something bad happened. Well bring it to their attention via emails tonight and they will talk about it tomorrow. Seriously, it is the only way to make the NHL think - hurt the American market.

Old
03-09-2011, 04:58 PM
Bullsmith

It's absolutely gross of me to say, but honestly, JM and other coaches who the Bruins simply run should target one obvious guy. And it Ain't Chara or Lucic.

Old
03-09-2011, 05:01 PM
Bullsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by walsy37 View Post
the *********g NHL does not care if the Montreal market is upset. Montreal will still sell out the games and buy the stuff. The league cares if its American image takes a hit. Here's my suggestion in NYC one of the big shows is the Michael Kay show on 1050 ESPN. Call it and talk with their hockey guy Don LeGreca about what a stupid league. Similarly, Mike and Mike on ESPN radio's morning program do not talk hockey unless something bad happened. Well bring it to their attention via emails tonight and they will talk about it tomorrow. Seriously, it is the only way to make the NHL think - hurt the American market.
Excellent points. Also Bettman's ego will make him HATE being mocked in the media. And it's not like you'd have to make stuff up. Giving Chara zero games for driving a guy's head into a two-inch-thick post with an extended arm that guides him all the way to impact is un****ingbelievable. I'm off hockey for a while.

Old
03-09-2011, 05:03 PM
macavoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
Excellent points. Also Bettman's ego will make him HATE being mocked in the media. And it's not like you'd have to make stuff up. Giving Chara zero games for driving a guy's head into a two-inch-thick post with an extended arm that guides him all the way to impact is un****ingbelievable. I'm off hockey for a while.
Except press is press and talking about fighting and goonery in the US market would likely be a good thing in the NHL. There is a reason why Philly and Boston built rough and tumble teams. Americans are alot more into violence than Canadians are. Look at UFC, boxing, etc....

Old
03-09-2011, 05:06 PM
Miller Time

call-up and dress Bonneau, Schultz, Henry, Conboy for the next game vs the bruins (sit Pleks, Cammy, Gionta, Subban).

send them on the ice any time bergeron/Krecj/Marchand/Seguin are on the ice

make the message clear, channel their inner "slapshot"...

none have prior suspensions, so the NHL discipline team should come down very lightly, if at all, should something bad happen.

i'm only sort of kidding.

Old
03-09-2011, 05:09 PM
Nicko999

vCash: 50
If the NHL doesn't want to suspend Chara... then sue him.

Old
03-09-2011, 05:12 PM
roy munson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
It's absolutely gross of me to say, but honestly, JM and other coaches who the Bruins simply run should target one obvious guy. And it Ain't Chara or Lucic.
Don't worry, I'm pretty sure every Habs fans had visions of violence running through their head since last night. It's just good taste to leave it there. Other fanbases (you know which two I'm talking about) suffer lack of it.

Oh, and to stay on topic :

Old
03-09-2011, 06:24 PM
Woland

Visual Protest

Hey guys, this may be the emotions in me that have radicalized over the past 24 hours. The hit made me mad, I hated the Bruins I hate them even more now. But the NHL's decision, or lack there of is absolutely ridiculous IMO. There has to be a way with which we, as fans, can protest this absolute disgrace. Forget letters and such, we have to make this a visible protest , one that the league and everyone else can see and hear. I'm not saying start breaking stuff and attacking people.

Example , what if everyone wore black or something at the Bell Center, not just one game, say the rest of the season. With facebook, message-boards, twitter and such , these are things can easily be achieved. Heck it brought down governments.

Am I going overboard with this? Will I calm down tomorrow and realize I went overboard ? What do you guys think?

Old
03-09-2011, 06:28 PM
TomPlex

You're not going overboard at all. I would be down for spreading the word.

Old
03-09-2011, 06:29 PM
Et le But

We have the loudest and most devout fanbse in the NHL. It would be great to protest at games.

The NHL will not be able to ignore Habs fans.

Old
03-09-2011, 06:34 PM
Woland

maybe an avatar change to start ?

why not everyone have their avatar as a black square

I hoping someone will tell me if this is going overboard .....this is my way of venting.

Old
03-09-2011, 06:39 PM
Skarjak

We can't just sit here and wait for a player to die because of the league's negligence.

I rarely watch the games live, but I hope the people who do show their anger over the NHL's incompetence.

Old
03-09-2011, 06:41 PM
Fozz

I'm all for this. Wearing black to games is also interesting.

Old
03-09-2011, 06:42 PM
neofury*

I've had some time to calm down and honestly guys the best way to beat them is on the ice. We'll eliminate them from the playoffs, ruin their perfect year, and after that we'll do it all over again next year.

Cause you know what I realize, we're their kryptonite. They aren't going to win a cup, not while we're around and making the playoffs, and with the management we have no matter how much they injure us, we will. Chances are we'll play them a lot of the time too. That's where we get them back and send a message, and I know for a fact our team can and will do it, like they always do.

Closed Thread