HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs fans protest ideas against NHL *Check OP* (Protest at Bell Centre on Tuesday)

View Poll Results: Are you attending this rally?
Yes 7 5.79%
No 97 80.17%
No, but I support it 17 14.05%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-09-2011, 04:30 PM
  #151
Zaide
I'm a renegade
 
Zaide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Quebec City
Country: uriname
Posts: 63,923
vCash: 152
We would be moved to Vegas or Kansas if we don't produce any benifits.

Zaide is offline  
Old
03-09-2011, 04:32 PM
  #152
Richiebottles
Big Mike !
 
Richiebottles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaide View Post
We would be moved to Vegas or Kansas if we don't produce any benifits.
And become the XFL

Richiebottles is offline  
Old
03-09-2011, 04:33 PM
  #153
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty
 
Born in 1909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,466
vCash: 500
The Habs/ Molson must do SOMETHING is the point here.

Born in 1909 is offline  
Old
03-09-2011, 04:37 PM
  #154
Habiton
Registered User
 
Habiton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 905
vCash: 500
Right here: canadiens.spreadshirt.com

If everyone is wearing those shirts to the game, everyone will realize that we are serious.

I just whipped those up, feel free to make your own, they are pretty fun to design.

Habiton is offline  
Old
03-09-2011, 04:38 PM
  #155
Darth Joker
Registered User
 
Darth Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,721
vCash: 500
I hate to say it, because it could open up a bit of a pandora's box, but I honestly think that the Habs (or Patches family) should consider getting the law involved.

In other words, sue the NHL. Or ask for a RCMP investigation.

I hate to say it, but I think this might be the only way to get this repulsive league management to clean up its act.

Darth Joker is offline  
Old
03-09-2011, 04:39 PM
  #156
TheHabMan43
You'd Better RUN!
 
TheHabMan43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,955
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolkaTruesilver View Post
It's not a violent way. I have described the outlines in the "Let's email the NHL" thread. In short, let's declare him Nefas and have the whole building be silent whenever he has the puck.

No booing. Just a dead silence. He will feel the pressure. Every. Single. Time.
Haha, Ok, sounds good.

TheHabMan43 is offline  
Old
03-09-2011, 04:40 PM
  #157
Richiebottles
Big Mike !
 
Richiebottles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Joker View Post
I hate to say it, because it could open up a bit of a pandora's box, but I honestly think that the Habs (or Patches family) should consider getting the law involved.

In other words, sue the NHL. Or ask for a RCMP investigation.

I hate to say it, but I think this might be the only way to get this repulsive league management to clean up its act.
He didn't have a broken neck and we saw that the only way this happens and only way it has happened is the Bertuzzi incident. Yes it is terrible what happened to him but he didn't die. I think it might be a little bit of an over reaction.

Richiebottles is offline  
Old
03-09-2011, 04:42 PM
  #158
Habiton
Registered User
 
Habiton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 905
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habiton View Post
Right here: canadiens.spreadshirt.com

If everyone is wearing those shirts to the game, everyone will realize that we are serious.

I just whipped those up, feel free to make your own, they are pretty fun to design.
FYI, im not making any money from this. So mods dont remove for self-promotion...I made a shop (no other items) and there is no commish. Just for patches to get well soon

Habiton is offline  
Old
03-09-2011, 04:43 PM
  #159
Rbk
MontrealCulinary*****
 
Rbk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: București
Country: Romania
Posts: 1,362
vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Rbk Send a message via Skype™ to Rbk
National Hockey League
1185 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10036-2601, United States
+1 212-789-2000 ‎
road trip anyone?

Rbk is offline  
Old
03-09-2011, 04:45 PM
  #160
Treal
Registered User
 
Treal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 216
vCash: 500
As Habs fans, just don't show up at the Bell Centre whenever the next Montreal-Boston in Montreal happens. Let the two teams play in an empty arena. Obviously that would never happen but what a sight that would be.

Treal is offline  
Old
03-09-2011, 04:49 PM
  #161
Darth Joker
Registered User
 
Darth Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,721
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiebottles View Post
He didn't have a broken neck and we saw that the only way this happens and only way it has happened is the Bertuzzi incident. Yes it is terrible what happened to him but he didn't die. I think it might be a little bit of an over reaction.
If the League had given Chara some sort of suspension, at least, then I'd agree with you.

But if the NHL refuses to police itself, allowing career-threatening injuries off of reckless plays to go unpunished...

Darth Joker is offline  
Old
03-09-2011, 04:54 PM
  #162
walsy37
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 746
vCash: 500
the *********g NHL does not care if the Montreal market is upset. Montreal will still sell out the games and buy the stuff. The league cares if its American image takes a hit. Here's my suggestion in NYC one of the big shows is the Michael Kay show on 1050 ESPN. Call it and talk with their hockey guy Don LeGreca about what a stupid league. Similarly, Mike and Mike on ESPN radio's morning program do not talk hockey unless something bad happened. Well bring it to their attention via emails tonight and they will talk about it tomorrow. Seriously, it is the only way to make the NHL think - hurt the American market.

walsy37 is offline  
Old
03-09-2011, 04:58 PM
  #163
Bullsmith
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,047
vCash: 500
It's absolutely gross of me to say, but honestly, JM and other coaches who the Bruins simply run should target one obvious guy. And it Ain't Chara or Lucic.

Bullsmith is offline  
Old
03-09-2011, 05:01 PM
  #164
Bullsmith
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,047
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by walsy37 View Post
the *********g NHL does not care if the Montreal market is upset. Montreal will still sell out the games and buy the stuff. The league cares if its American image takes a hit. Here's my suggestion in NYC one of the big shows is the Michael Kay show on 1050 ESPN. Call it and talk with their hockey guy Don LeGreca about what a stupid league. Similarly, Mike and Mike on ESPN radio's morning program do not talk hockey unless something bad happened. Well bring it to their attention via emails tonight and they will talk about it tomorrow. Seriously, it is the only way to make the NHL think - hurt the American market.
Excellent points. Also Bettman's ego will make him HATE being mocked in the media. And it's not like you'd have to make stuff up. Giving Chara zero games for driving a guy's head into a two-inch-thick post with an extended arm that guides him all the way to impact is un****ingbelievable. I'm off hockey for a while.

Bullsmith is offline  
Old
03-09-2011, 05:03 PM
  #165
macavoy
Registered User
 
macavoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 7,170
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
Excellent points. Also Bettman's ego will make him HATE being mocked in the media. And it's not like you'd have to make stuff up. Giving Chara zero games for driving a guy's head into a two-inch-thick post with an extended arm that guides him all the way to impact is un****ingbelievable. I'm off hockey for a while.
Except press is press and talking about fighting and goonery in the US market would likely be a good thing in the NHL. There is a reason why Philly and Boston built rough and tumble teams. Americans are alot more into violence than Canadians are. Look at UFC, boxing, etc....

macavoy is offline  
Old
03-09-2011, 05:06 PM
  #166
Miller Time
Registered User
 
Miller Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 7,747
vCash: 500
call-up and dress Bonneau, Schultz, Henry, Conboy for the next game vs the bruins (sit Pleks, Cammy, Gionta, Subban).

send them on the ice any time bergeron/Krecj/Marchand/Seguin are on the ice

make the message clear, channel their inner "slapshot"...

none have prior suspensions, so the NHL discipline team should come down very lightly, if at all, should something bad happen.









i'm only sort of kidding.

Miller Time is offline  
Old
03-09-2011, 05:09 PM
  #167
Nicko999
Registered User
 
Nicko999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,089
vCash: 50
If the NHL doesn't want to suspend Chara... then sue him.

Nicko999 is offline  
Old
03-09-2011, 05:12 PM
  #168
roy munson
Registered User
 
roy munson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,820
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
It's absolutely gross of me to say, but honestly, JM and other coaches who the Bruins simply run should target one obvious guy. And it Ain't Chara or Lucic.
Don't worry, I'm pretty sure every Habs fans had visions of violence running through their head since last night. It's just good taste to leave it there. Other fanbases (you know which two I'm talking about) suffer lack of it.

Oh, and to stay on topic :


roy munson is offline  
Old
03-09-2011, 06:24 PM
  #169
Woland
Registered User
 
Woland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,458
vCash: 500
Visual Protest

Hey guys, this may be the emotions in me that have radicalized over the past 24 hours. The hit made me mad, I hated the Bruins I hate them even more now. But the NHL's decision, or lack there of is absolutely ridiculous IMO. There has to be a way with which we, as fans, can protest this absolute disgrace. Forget letters and such, we have to make this a visible protest , one that the league and everyone else can see and hear. I'm not saying start breaking stuff and attacking people.

Example , what if everyone wore black or something at the Bell Center, not just one game, say the rest of the season. With facebook, message-boards, twitter and such , these are things can easily be achieved. Heck it brought down governments.

Am I going overboard with this? Will I calm down tomorrow and realize I went overboard ? What do you guys think?

Woland is offline  
Old
03-09-2011, 06:28 PM
  #170
TomPlex
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,105
vCash: 500
You're not going overboard at all. I would be down for spreading the word.

TomPlex is online now  
Old
03-09-2011, 06:29 PM
  #171
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 16,793
vCash: 500
We have the loudest and most devout fanbse in the NHL. It would be great to protest at games.

The NHL will not be able to ignore Habs fans.

Et le But is offline  
Old
03-09-2011, 06:34 PM
  #172
Woland
Registered User
 
Woland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,458
vCash: 500
maybe an avatar change to start ?

why not everyone have their avatar as a black square



I hoping someone will tell me if this is going overboard .....this is my way of venting.

Woland is offline  
Old
03-09-2011, 06:39 PM
  #173
Skarjak
Registered User
 
Skarjak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 790
vCash: 500
We can't just sit here and wait for a player to die because of the league's negligence.

I rarely watch the games live, but I hope the people who do show their anger over the NHL's incompetence.

Skarjak is offline  
Old
03-09-2011, 06:41 PM
  #174
Fozz
Registered User
 
Fozz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 6,079
vCash: 500
I'm all for this. Wearing black to games is also interesting.

Fozz is offline  
Old
03-09-2011, 06:42 PM
  #175
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
I've had some time to calm down and honestly guys the best way to beat them is on the ice. We'll eliminate them from the playoffs, ruin their perfect year, and after that we'll do it all over again next year.

Cause you know what I realize, we're their kryptonite. They aren't going to win a cup, not while we're around and making the playoffs, and with the management we have no matter how much they injure us, we will. Chances are we'll play them a lot of the time too. That's where we get them back and send a message, and I know for a fact our team can and will do it, like they always do.

neofury* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:34 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.