HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Bogosian to New York Islanders (E4)

Old
02-28-2011, 03:22 PM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Eklund still is and will be a credible source to this site. lololololol.

Analyzer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 03:30 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Unreal. This guys a loser.

The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 03:51 PM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

vCash: 500
Anyone else notice today that when the fake Kyperos account posted Penner to the Habs, he took it and ran with it and put E5 and everything lolollllll.

Big Poppa Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 04:29 PM
DungeonK
Love Thy Neighbor

Guys, until someone from the Thrashers steps up and denies this we can't know for certain that it didn't happen. Everyone just stay calm. Isles_Guy will be here to talk some sense into us all shortly.

Quote:
Q. Were you tempted to make any other trades?

A. Nothing to make us give up something a central piece. There were people who wanted our central pieces. We like the Byfugliens, Enstroms, Bogosians, Burmistrovs, you can go down the list. We like those core players we have.
http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-thrashe...rade-deadline/

He was never being shopped- just accept that it was a bunch of bs from Canadian "journalist" rumormongers that saw the quote about him having a disagreement with an assistant coach and had a field day.

DungeonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 04:30 PM
Robert Theodorson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Very surprised theres even an 'Eklund' tag for threads, you'd think someone would be smarter than this

Robert Theodorson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 05:00 PM
umwoz

LOL read the comments on his Penner tweet.

http://www.tweetdeck.com/twitter/Eklund/~BLA6v

umwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 06:00 PM
Confound
-Vindicated-

Well now.

Confound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 06:14 PM
SlappyMcGee
=w=

Eklund has the same flaws that a lot of posters in this forum have; they load up their trades with tons of players for one good player. Eklund throws enough trade rumors at the flypaper that people are curious to see if any will stick. Quality over quantity, homies.

SlappyMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 06:25 PM
Go Habs Go

So is it a E5 yet?

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2011, 05:29 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Central Theme: What the Isles can afford to trade

Regardless of whether Bogosian is or was available is, well, moot.

Any question for the Islanders has to revolve around the following:
Is this Islanders team in the position to trade what it is certain about (say, Okposo) for a player who, well, maybe could be a home run at some point down the line?

The answer is unequivically 'no'.

In general, none of our U24 players come into trade in any capacity unless it's for another U24 player who Snow 'knows' is better - as a player and for this team.

When you're nowhere near the playoffs, you don't send young players you're convinced about for other team's projects, regardless of whether they were a really high pick once upon a time.

Want to talk about guys this team might consider trading Okposo for? If a budget-restrained Anaheim comes along and says they'll do Ryan for Okposo straight up, then there's something to discuss...

Otherwise Kyle is here for as long a run as the CBA will allow.

Chapin Landvogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2011, 04:23 PM
DungeonK
Love Thy Neighbor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapin Landvogt View Post
Regardless of whether Bogosian is or was available is, well, moot.

Any question for the Islanders has to revolve around the following:
Is this Islanders team in the position to trade what it is certain about (say, Okposo) for a player who, well, maybe could be a home run at some point down the line?

The answer is unequivically 'no'.

In general, none of our U24 players come into trade in any capacity unless it's for another U24 player who Snow 'knows' is better - as a player and for this team.

When you're nowhere near the playoffs, you don't send young players you're convinced about for other team's projects, regardless of whether they were a really high pick once upon a time.

Want to talk about guys this team might consider trading Okposo for? If a budget-restrained Anaheim comes along and says they'll do Ryan for Okposo straight up, then there's something to discuss...

Otherwise Kyle is here for as long a run as the CBA will allow.
It might just be easier to say that Okposo and Tavares are untouchable unless there is an obvious overpayment.

DungeonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 11:01 AM
BennyBST

Quote:
Originally Posted by DungeonK View Post
It might just be easier to say that Okposo and Tavares are untouchable unless there is an obvious overpayment.
Say if the Isles would trade for Bogosian July 1st, 2011: Would a 2012 1st, 2012 2nd, Mikko Koskinen and a roster player,Mike Mottau? (1 yr at 800 K) get it done?

Thoughts??

BennyBST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 12:20 PM
AintLifeGrand

uhh no

More like Nino and an additional piece for Bogosian

AintLifeGrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 01:13 PM
RoyalAir
Looks Better In Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyBST View Post
Say if the Isles would trade for Bogosian July 1st, 2011: Would a 2012 1st, 2012 2nd, Mikko Koskinen and a roster player,Mike Mottau? (1 yr at 800 K) get it done?

Thoughts??
Nope. Thrash (hopefully Knights!) need roster players, much like NYI. They're really not good trading partners.

RoyalAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 02:54 PM
BennyBST

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalAir View Post
Nope. Thrash (hopefully Knights!) need roster players, much like NYI. They're really not good trading partners.
Really? Hasn't Bogosian regressed a little bit, he looked a lot better in his rookie season then he does now. I feel my offer is pretty fair, you're getting a 1st and a 2nd in a pretty strong draft, plus it will prob be a lottery pick too. We really don't need roster players we're in pretty good shape with currently:

Moulson-Tavares-Parenteau
Grabner-Nielsen-Okposo
Bailey-Empty-Comeau (we need a permanent LW or C, as Bailey can play both)
Martin-Konopka-Empty (we need a defense 1st bottom 6 RW'er (Freddy Sjostrom), and this is assuming Konopka will be re-signed)
Haley as the spare forward.

Streit-Eaton
Hamonic-MacDonald
Jurcina-Mottau/Hillen

Montoya
Dipietro

Old
03-09-2011, 03:31 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Look out!!!

Quote:
Really? Hasn't Bogosian regressed a little bit, he looked a lot better in his rookie season then he does now. I feel my offer is pretty fair, you're getting a 1st and a 2nd in a pretty strong draft, plus it will prob be a lottery pick too. We really don't need roster players we're in pretty good shape with currently:

Grabner-Nielsen-Okposo
Bailey-Empty-Comeau (we need a permanent LW or C, as Bailey can play both)
Martin-Konopka-Empty (we need a defense 1st bottom 6 RW'er (Freddy Sjostrom), and this is assuming Konopka will be re-signed)
Haley as the spare forward.

Streit-Eaton
Hamonic-MacDonald
Jurcina-Mottau/Hillen

Montoya
Dipietro
You forgot about Hunter and I think Poulin is definitely the starting goaltender next year.

Grabner-Nielsen-Okposo
XXX-Bailey-Comeau
Martin-Konopka-Hunter

Streit-XXX
MacDonald-Hamonic
Eaton-Jurcina
Mottau

Poulin
XXX
DiPietro

I think signing Sjostrom is a solid idea. I'm not sure how good he'd be on the 3rd line, but Martin can definitely play there if necessary. He's fit very well with Bailey and Comeau as it is. Mottau is nothing more than a 7th defenseman on this team. Streit needs a new partner and I'm hoping the Islanders sign someone like Bieksa or Ian White.

Garth is also going to have to go out and sign another goaltender because we all know that DP is going to be spending the season on IR. Hopefully he'll bring in someone like Mathieu Garon, just like he did when he sign Martin Biron. Montoya should be signed for Bridgeport to split time with Koskinen.

So in that case...

Grabner-Nielsen-Okposo
Martin-Bailey-Comeau
Sjostrom-Konopka-Hunter

Streit-White/Bieksa
MacDonald-Hamonic
Eaton-Jurcina
Mottau

Poulin
Garon

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 03:41 PM
Islesny91

Slapshot,

What are your thoughts are bringing back Montoya. I feel its almost a no brainer. The guy has first round pedigree and is now really getting his first crack at the bigs. I'd rather sign a guy like Montoya who has room to grow as opposed to a guy like Garon who likely has peaked. Plus we still have Nabakov for next year, so who knows what comes out of that via him playing or a trade

Islesny91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 03:42 PM
boredmale

If the Islanders finish out of the top 4, I would trade our first rounder for Bogo

I am guessing Atlanta might want more NHL ready players though

boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 03:50 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Look out!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by okiedokie21 View Post
Slapshot,

What are your thoughts are bringing back Montoya. I feel its almost a no brainer. The guy has first round pedigree and is now really getting his first crack at the bigs. I'd rather sign a guy like Montoya who has room to grow as opposed to a guy like Garon who likely has peaked. Plus we still have Nabakov for next year, so who knows what comes out of that via him playing or a trade
First off, Nabokov is not reporting and even if he wanted to, I don't want him anywhere near the Islander organization.

I would like to re-sign Montoya, but I don't like the sound of having a Montoya-Poulin tandem to start the season. It's entirely possible, but I would like to see a guy like Garon brought in who can play 35 games and be a good mentor for Poulin. Although, Montoya has played really well and has earned a one-way contract. I wouldn't be surprised if Montoya's agent laughed at the offer of getting a two-way.

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

Old
03-09-2011, 04:58 PM
BennyBST

IMO, Poulin should start off in the AHL, overripe him like the canucks did with Schneider. what's the rush in having him in the NHL already, when he is totally not ready, also coming back from a knee injury.

Re-signing Montoya should be a MUST as of right now, he's another guy who's succeeded when all he needed was a true NHL opportunity that he is getting right now. I would take Montoya at 550-600 K, 1 yr, 1 way. This gives Poulin another year of prime development in the minors, and an opportunity for Koskinen to have a bounce-back season. He would definitely take a one-way at the price vs. a 2 way I'm sure, he just wants to stick in the NHL finally.

As far as hunter goes, I would love to buy him out.. I could see him hurting our team next year due to his tortoise speed. If anything is going to hurt the Islanders next season it will be DiPI and Hunter. His buyout cap-hit to get us to the cap floor is more valuable than an actual healthy Trent Hunter, he's a Milbury era player too and I think it's time to let him go!

I wouldn't trade this years' #1 for Bogo... I'd rather have Strome or Dougie Hamilton.. I'm more willing to take the risk and trade 2012's #1 for Bogo, because islander fans can only hope we're not in the bottom 10.

Old
03-09-2011, 05:09 PM
Hockify

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
First off, Nabokov is not reporting and even if he wanted to, I don't want him anywhere near the Islander organization.

I would like to re-sign Montoya, but I don't like the sound of having a Montoya-Poulin tandem to start the season. It's entirely possible, but I would like to see a guy like Garon brought in who can play 35 games and be a good mentor for Poulin. Although, Montoya has played really well and has earned a one-way contract. I wouldn't be surprised if Montoya's agent laughed at the offer of getting a two-way.

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.
Montoya is a RFA so all the Isles have to do is qualify him as a RFA to keep him. What's all the one way two way talk for though? Your team hardly spends anything as it is so who cares about one way two way LOL? The only thing a two way contract does is give the guy less money when he is in the AHL.

Hockify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 05:16 PM
islandermaniac

Quote:

Thoughts??
i believe that if the isles had bogosian and an offer like that was made, islander fans would be screaming bloody murder.

i think roster players are required.

islandermaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 06:18 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-Eric Iannicello View Post
There's a top prospect in Bridgeport?
You mean...

There's a top line player on the Islanders?

There are prospects in Bridgeport?

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 06:26 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Look out!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
You mean...

Tavares, Moulson, and Grabner would lead your team in goal scoring.

Old
03-09-2011, 06:51 PM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
You mean...

lol fail.

Riseonfire is offline   Reply With Quote