HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Pacioretty Speaks Out

Old
03-09-2011, 09:24 PM
golteez

vCash: 500
Pacioretty Speaks Out

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=357316

Montreal Canadiens forward Max Pacioretty spoke to TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie from his hospital room on Wednesday evening about the injury that he suffered against the Boston Bruins on Tuesday night.

"I am upset and disgusted that the league didn't think enough of (the hit) to suspend him," Pacioretty told TSN. "I not mad for myself, I'm mad because if other players see a hit like that and think it's okay, they won't be suspended, then other players will get hurt like I got hurt."

"It's been an emotional day. I saw the video for the first time this morning. You see the hit, I've got a fractured vertebrae, I'm in hospital and I thought the league would do something, a little something. I'm not talking a big number, I don't know, one game, two games, three games...whatever, but something to show that it's not right."

"I heard (Chara) said he didn't mean to do it. I felt he did mean to do it. I would feel better if he said he made a mistake and that he was sorry for doing that, I could forgive that, but I guess he's talking about how I jumped up or something."

"I believe he was trying to guide my head into the turnbuckle. We all know where the turnbuckle is. It wasn't a head shot like a lot of head shots we see but I do feel he targeted my head into the turnbuckle."

golteez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 09:24 PM
golteez

So help me if Patches is fined for this.....

Old
03-09-2011, 09:25 PM
Road Runner

Pacioretty Tells Tsn He Is 'disgusted' At Lack Of Suspension

I am actually amazed he's able to give an interview at this point.
Very good news.

Here's the article from tsn.ca:

Montreal Canadiens forward Max Pacioretty spoke to TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie from his hospital room on Wednesday evening about the injury that he suffered against the Boston Bruins on Tuesday night.

"I am upset and disgusted that the league didn't think enough of (the hit) to suspend him," Pacioretty told TSN. "I not mad for myself, I'm mad because if other players see a hit like that and think it's okay, they won't be suspended, then other players will get hurt like I got hurt."

"It's been an emotional day. I saw the video for the first time this morning. You see the hit, I've got a fractured vertebrae, I'm in hospital and I thought the league would do something, a little something. I'm not talking a big number, I don't know, one game, two games, three games...whatever, but something to show that it's not right."

"I heard (Chara) said he didn't mean to do it. I felt he did mean to do it. I would feel better if he said he made a mistake and that he was sorry for doing that, I could forgive that, but I guess he's talking about how I jumped up or something."

"I believe he was trying to guide my head into the turnbuckle. We all know where the turnbuckle is. It wasn't a head shot like a lot of head shots we see but I do feel he targeted my head into the turnbuckle."

Road Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 09:26 PM
Habs

If you were the owner of this team, wouldn't you just support your player, slam the league and pay the fine? I would.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 09:26 PM
The Camera Eye

Why can't Gauthier make comments like this too

The Camera Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 09:27 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
Originally Posted by golteez View Post
They wouldn't. Would be PR suicide.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Natural Habs Fan

Quote:
Don't even think that!

I hope Patches knows that we're all behind him 100%

Natural Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Haddock

The league needs to adapt and change unless they wish to see events like this and the blindside hits to the head repeated.

You know what I just tought of. Roy Dupuis as Maurice Richard screaming "Faut qu'ça change!".

It does have to change.

Haddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
macavoy

vCash: 243
Quote:
I'm in hospital and I thought the league would do something, a little something. I'm not talking a big number, I don't know, one game, two games, three games...whatever, but something to show that it's not right."
Before you guys keep over reacting and think Chara should be charged with murder, not even Patches think he should have gotten a huge suspension.

That should be a sign to the rest of you that you's are over reacting. Patches only thinks it deserves a slap on the wrist, a 2-3 game suspension. And he is the one sitting in a hospital.

Yea it really sucks but its not as bad as most of you are making it out to be. You don't see Montreal players labelling Chara as the devil. Take some notes from the Montreal team that you guys love and follow their lead.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 09:28 PM
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme

vCash: 300
Quote:
When Mike Murphy and Colin Campbell turn the Wheel of Justice, you never know WHERE it's gonna end up!

Prediction:

200,000$ fine, 2 game suspension.

That's the most prominent option on the wheel, so that's where it will likely go!

Anywho:

Good to hear him speak.

And I agree with him. Even if it was just to show it's not acceptable.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
If you were the owner of this team, wouldn't you just support your player, slam the league and pay the fine? I would.
I would too....

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
AntonCH

Can someone get the contact info for Link Gaetz to Pierre Gauthier and Molson?

AntonCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

Thank you Patches for being the first one to critisize the NHL. Atleast you have the balls to do something and fore a rightfull reason. If you get fined, and the Habs wont pay for it, I'm starting a petitition to pay for the fine. Ridicioulous league from head to toe.

LaurentHabs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 09:29 PM
Rgolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
Before you guys keep over reacting and think Chara should be charged with murder, not even Patches think he should have gotten a huge suspension.

That should be a sign to the rest of you that you's are over reacting. Patches only thinks it deserves a slap on the wrist, a 2-3 game suspension. And he is the one sitting in a hospital.

Yea it really sucks but its not as bad as most of you are making it out to be. You don't see Montreal players labelling Chara as the devil. Take some notes from the Montreal team that you guys love and follow their lead.
hes trying not to go over the top and even rile up the fanbase even more

Rgolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Stradale

Tell the Molson to go on the bash fest against the NHL.

The fans would gladly pay the fine.. or add .50$ on your beer.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Way to go Max, It becomes more human when you hear the victim's side.

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Haddock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddock View Post
The league needs to adapt and change unless they wish to see events like this and the blindside hits to the head repeated.

You know what I just tought of. Roy Dupuis as Maurice Richard screaming "Faut qu'ça change!".

It does have to change.
32 seconds in:

Haddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ross MacLochness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanzibar View Post
Why can't Gauthier make comments like this too
First thing I thought too. Dude is such a wimp. Maybe Gainey will have the balls to say something, he's usually the only guy who will bother to defend this franchise and its players.

Well said Max.

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
RE-HABS

Patches is the man, he has a heart that is huge and balls to state the truth. Something the NHL head office couldn't, something his own union couldn't, his own coach and GM couldn't...but he could!

Chara is a joke, the NHL has made themselves look foolish once again, I hope they pay big time in sponsorship and I really hope the government steps in and says enough is enough.

Like Patches said, he isn't thinking of himself, he is thinking of the next guy getting hurt cause the NHL has said this is all right.

If this kid cannot play another game, he should sue the NHL, Chara and his union.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 09:31 PM
golteez

If a mod wants to give a more descriptive title, go ahead, just wanted to get the story up quickly.

Old
03-09-2011, 09:31 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
Before you guys keep over reacting and think Chara should be charged with murder, not even Patches think he should have gotten a huge suspension. That should be a sign to the rest of you that you's are over reacting. Patches only thinks it deserves a slap on the wrist, a 2-3 game suspension. And he is the one sitting in a hospital.

what would you expect him to say, I was hoping him to get 20 games?

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 09:32 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Patches is a very courageous kid. Its refreshing to see he spoke his mind hoping things are going to change.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 09:33 PM
frederixx

Too bad the league didn't do anything. Now i'm afraid that fans will take matters into their own hands.

frederixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 09:33 PM
Guy Caballero

Great for Max to speak the truth. I'd be disappointed if he gave the standard good ol boy canadian answer, some garbage like "it's a fast game and anything can happen out there."

Guy Caballero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 09:34 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=357316

Right on Max

Do not worry for speaking the truth, because EVERYONE could see that he guided your head into the turnbuckle and held you down while you were off balance.

Come on Molson's...

PRESS FOR ASSAULT CHARGES

Last edited by Born in 1909: 03-09-2011 at 09:58 PM.
Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote