HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Part of rebuilding is............

Closed Thread

Old
07-27-2005, 05:25 AM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathgate
Ola: I share your thoughts. We need to stay somewhat close to the minimum and yet try to field competitive team. Next year we will be in position to sign franchise type player. In your opinion, how good will Lundy and Immonen be in this country? An attorney IU know in Sweden believes Immonen could be rookie of the year. Is he that good?
I've seen him allot but I am not really sure what to think. He is really good alround. Might make a odd misstake defensivly but that is probably more of lack of concentration. Though he is pretty crafty, have good top speed and is good with the stick, he also have great vision. Immonen have though for example yet to play ordinary for team Finland and thats because his lack of intensity in his skating. Jarkko is a "thinking" player, in the SM-liiga he is in controll of the game, at the international level he seems to be a step behind. Though its not because of lack of speed ect., it his style.

I actually belive that he might be better fit on the smaller ice in the NHL then in Europe. But exactly how good he is gooing to be is really hard to tell. Best case scenario is probably as a solid 2nd line center, worstcase hardworking 3rd-4th line center.

Old
07-27-2005, 07:30 AM
bathgate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola
I've seen him allot but I am not really sure what to think. He is really good alround. Might make a odd misstake defensivly but that is probably more of lack of concentration. Though he is pretty crafty, have good top speed and is good with the stick, he also have great vision. Immonen have though for example yet to play ordinary for team Finland and thats because his lack of intensity in his skating. Jarkko is a "thinking" player, in the SM-liiga he is in controll of the game, at the international level he seems to be a step behind. Though its not because of lack of speed ect., it his style.

I actually belive that he might be better fit on the smaller ice in the NHL then in Europe. But exactly how good he is gooing to be is really hard to tell. Best case scenario is probably as a solid 2nd line center, worstcase hardworking 3rd-4th line center.
Thanks for your observations. I have great respect for European hockey. I have seen some games in my travels to Europe. Keep us informed of other Ranger draftees over there.

Old
07-27-2005, 07:36 AM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC Aim 4588
Below is what i would love to see in NY, and was thinking about after the post i made above: If Jagr is not bought out and plays in NY.

Lundmark-Nylander-Jagr
Shanahan-Immonen-Balej
Giroux- Murray -McCarty
B. May/ Sturdwick- Betts or Moore - Ortmeyer
You're not winning 20 games with that group of forwards. You need more veterans than that.

Old
07-27-2005, 11:38 AM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
You're not winning 20 games with that group of forwards. You need more veterans than that.
unfortunately that would mean someone not getting the chance when they are ready to play, if that means not winning 20 games, so be it

Old
07-27-2005, 12:50 PM
eco's bones

I think most of us understand there's going to be some veteran signings. I'm not sure however that is necessary to sign some star or some star on the downside of
his career (just to make a team that maybe's the 28th best into the 23rd). One guy I think we might see again is Rucinsky and I don't have a problem with that 1) because he'll want to be here 2) because he's very flexible--can shuffle between the 2nd and 3rd line--kill penalties--not look lost on the pwp--and with us at least has played a heads up type of game.

Old
07-27-2005, 01:09 PM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31-
unfortunately that would mean someone not getting the chance when they are ready to play, if that means not winning 20 games, so be it
You think you have 7 NHL ready rookie forwards (including players like Lundmark) ???

Old
07-27-2005, 01:40 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

Quote:
You think you have 7 NHL ready rookie forwards (including players like Lundmark) ???
I don't think there's any doubt that Lundmark and Ortmeyer should play. I think Moore, Immonen, Balej, and Murray should all play (3 of them have already had some success in the NHL. If they don't give them a shot, they're just repeating the same mistakes they've made before. If every instinct they have is wrong, the opposite must be right.

Old
07-27-2005, 01:46 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones
I think most of us understand there's going to be some veteran signings. I'm not sure however that is necessary to sign some star or some star on the downside of
his career (just to make a team that maybe's the 28th best into the 23rd). One guy I think we might see again is Rucinsky and I don't have a problem with that 1) because he'll want to be here 2) because he's very flexible--can shuffle between the 2nd and 3rd line--kill penalties--not look lost on the pwp--and with us at least has played a heads up type of game.
Why "sign" someone just because we need experienced players? We have a ton of assets to deal. I also think it will take time for the "smoke" to clear. Allot of players won't be signed in time and could be dealt for during the season if they hold out. Sather and Co. better show some patience. We shouldn't bring in more then at most 2 forwards and 2 defensemens over 30 years old. Prefereble id take 1 forward older then 30 and 2 forwards around 25-27 and one vet D plus someone like Strudwick.

Old
07-27-2005, 02:17 PM
Ola

Quote:
I know it.

Dom Moore, Jamie Lundmark, Ortmayer and Balej are locks. Jarkko Immonen and Petr Prucha would also play if they are signed. These guys were good prospects before the redline was removed, now they are allot better. Tom Renney said last year that Jessiman would have played with Nylander and Jagr. Huge was injured allot this year so you never know but I wouldn't be suprised at all if he makes it right away. Hollweg and Garth Murray are in the run but are probably competing with each other for the 4th LW role.

Thats nine players of which probably seven will make it. But they aren't exactly 18 y/o rookies. They have a avg age of what 23?

Old
07-27-2005, 06:40 PM
NYC Aim 4588

vCash:
Quote:
The point of my lines are to have a Vet to play on the line is best suited and tell and teach the players that will be on that line how to play right.

Example McCarty 3rd line grinder so he is placed with future 3rd liners, the same goes for every other line.

I dont think the goal is to try to have a huge successful season win wise, but be successful where NYR notices the change and benefit the young guys are getting and that there learning.

So NYR dont win 20 games, all that means is the #1 overall next year which is fine with me.

Old
07-27-2005, 08:16 PM
ChrisKreider20
But y u mad?

I agree with flyer fan. I think it makes no sense to ice a bunch of players who aren't ready or wasting a season. We should not have more than 4 rookie forwards and 3 rookie dmen. Not including Lundmark.

We need to fill the spots using the free agent market. That doesn't mean we sign a bunch of overpayed vets...it means we ice a team balanced with rookies and vets...NOT ICE AN AHL TEAM.

Old
07-27-2005, 08:23 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancid
I agree with flyer fan. I think it makes no sense to ice a bunch of players who aren't ready or wasting a season. We should not have more than 4 rookie forwards and 3 rookie dmen. Not including Lundmark.

We need to fill the spots using the free agent market. That doesn't mean we sign a bunch of overpayed vets...it means we ice a team balanced with rookies and vets...NOT ICE AN AHL TEAM.
yours had 5 rookie forwards, and I can't believe you put Pck on it

Old
07-27-2005, 08:25 PM
ChrisKreider20
But y u mad?

Quote:
yours had 5 rookie forwards, and I can't believe you put Pck on it
I pushed it because I figured i'd be told that I put too many vets... if it were up to me there would be 4 rookie forwards...2 rookie D and Weekes, Labarbera.

Last edited by ChrisKreider20: 07-27-2005 at 08:58 PM.
Old
07-27-2005, 09:00 PM
RangerBlues

Rebuilding means we are gonna lose, alot, and sometimes look really bad doing it.
Rangers are not making the playoffs this season-PERIOD. So who really cares how many games they win or lose, all I want to see is progress and improvement, I want to see who can play and who cant so we can move on to the next level.
Everybody is here making lineups like they will be written in stone. We will have injurys, we will have guys who just cant cut it at this level, hopefully a few suspensions along the way to make things interesting. We may suck, but you know teams that are much better are gonna come to play and take advantage, the only victorys may be the brawls. This season may be much like out last that we will see 40+ different players. I dont see a 1990 Nordiques(12 wins) But they will have enough to win 25 games, anything past that and Slats, Renny and the gang will look like geniuses.

Old
07-28-2005, 01:27 AM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBlues
Rebuilding means we are gonna lose, alot, and sometimes look really bad doing it.
Rangers are not making the playoffs this season-PERIOD. So who really cares how many games they win or lose, all I want to see is progress and improvement, I want to see who can play and who cant so we can move on to the next level.
Everybody is here making lineups like they will be written in stone. We will have injurys, we will have guys who just cant cut it at this level, hopefully a few suspensions along the way to make things interesting. We may suck, but you know teams that are much better are gonna come to play and take advantage, the only victorys may be the brawls. This season may be much like out last that we will see 40+ different players. I dont see a 1990 Nordiques(12 wins) But they will have enough to win 25 games, anything past that and Slats, Renny and the gang will look like geniuses.
I don't think we're going to win a lot even if we do sign a bunch of ufa's (even some
big names). We'll just be closer to the cap is all. There's going to have to be a balance. I would think Moore, Giroux, Balej possibly Wiseman, Murray and Hollweg
will compete for spots. Another question is Immonen and also Prucha and his availability. Those 2 might be more than ready. Hopefully we'll see. And then there are 3 more who are relatively new. Mike Green, Ortmeyer and Betts. This is not going to be a great team but we should at least find out more about them and they'll find out more about themselves.

Old
07-28-2005, 07:09 AM
Onion Boy

Quote:
If every instinct they have is wrong, the opposite must be right.
My name is George. I'm unemployed and live with my parents.

Old
07-28-2005, 11:26 AM
Ola

We didn't win allot of games with a ton of mega stars either. BTW I don't think Immonen, Prucha, Lundmark, Balej and co. can be called kids. We would have what, a avg. age of 25-26.

Hockey is a team game, whats important is having the right mix on all lines and hungery players. Plus a system that works. Tell me a player that is better suited at adopting a Renney system in the new NHL then Petr Prucha? Or Jarkko Immonen? Or would Teemu Sellane be better at playing a game the he himself only have player in few international tournaments when Prucha have played that style his entire career? Many veterans will be unexperienced in a game without redline.

Some people say that its never been done before, but some guys are forgetting that a whole year have been lost. If not Ortmayer, Lundmark, Murray and Moore would hardly have been seen as "rookies" ect.

Old
07-28-2005, 12:32 PM
eco's bones

We didn't win allot of games with a ton of mega stars either. BTW I don't think Immonen, Prucha, Lundmark, Balej and co. can be called kids. We would have what, a avg. age of 25-26.

They might not be kids--on the other hand with players like Lundmark or Lampman what's held them back somewhat is their physical immaturity. They get outmuscled
too much. But this is something that those two might be growing out of. You might throw Balej and Moore in with them too. The other thing is center ice opening up
which I think is going to be a boon for creative players---not necessarily for overly
muscular ones.

Old
07-28-2005, 12:34 PM
eco's bones

Sorry Ola for cutting you out of your quote there.

Closed Thread