HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pacioretty Speaks Out

Old
03-09-2011, 09:35 PM
Stephpa10

vCash: 500
He is saying he targeted his head, Gillis got 10 games, i think he just pissed that he didn't get 1,2,3 games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
Before you guys keep over reacting and think Chara should be charged with murder, not even Patches think he should have gotten a huge suspension.

That should be a sign to the rest of you that you's are over reacting. Patches only thinks it deserves a slap on the wrist, a 2-3 game suspension. And he is the one sitting in a hospital.

Yea it really sucks but its not as bad as most of you are making it out to be. You don't see Montreal players labelling Chara as the devil. Take some notes from the Montreal team that you guys love and follow their lead.

Stephpa10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 09:36 PM
Mcfly11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Habs Fan View Post
Don't even think that!

I hope Patches knows that we're all behind him 100%
You can let him know yourself! You can send him a message on the Habs site.

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=68349

(Sorry if this has been posted a lot already...I hadn't seen it on here, and don't think it can be posted too much)

Mcfly11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 09:37 PM
J Sawyer
Beamer Hearts VCR

I've been calling it an accident, hearing it straight from Patches has changed my mind.

J Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 09:40 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

I am glad Patches didn't hold anything back. Not only holding the league accountable but Chara himself. The fact that Chara didn't even show the slightest bit of remorse says everything.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 09:40 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyers View Post
I've been calling it an accident, hearing it straight from Patches has changed my mind.
I'm amazed how many at TSN are changing their minds. BobbyMac has done an about-face since last evening. I thought I'd never see that!

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 09:42 PM
Andros777

Gotta applaud Pacioretty for speaking out. Every other player just says "I don't remember, I don't know," etc. It would be easy just to be political and let the whole thing blow over.

Andros777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 09:42 PM
Bob Cole

Good for you Max and shame on you nhl

Bob Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 09:43 PM
Habit11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs23 View Post
I'm amazed how many at TSN are changing their minds. BobbyMac has done an about-face since last evening. I thought I'd never see that!
Probably because Max is 100% correct and they were 100% wrong. Well, not all of them, but some.

Habit11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
RE-HABS

Quote:
Watch the video, Bob is shakey and obviously upset.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MTL-rules

Pretty clear from MaxPac...

I'm still extremely disgusted about the last 24 hours or so, from the hit to the league's reaction... it smells corruption at its worst...

AT least there are people doing something about it, not our ****** habs administration, but at least the fans, journalists, sponsors, politicians...

It's good... if only the team would offer more support to Patches and be vocal about the situation...

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 09:45 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:
Lot of flip-flopping on this one....intentional, then accidental, then suspension worthy.

It was dirty, it was intentional, and it was suspendable......not sure how the NHL couldn't see that.

Nashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 09:45 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
I am glad Patches didn't hold anything back. Not only holding the league accountable but Chara himself. The fact that Chara didn't even show the slightest bit of remorse says everything.
Props to Pacioretty for not tip toeing around the situation and telling it exactly like many of us saw this.. The guy as more balls than Habs management for speaking out about it and criticizing the NHL and Chara..

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 09:47 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Major kudos to Pacioretty for not holding back anything. I was hoping for someone to step up on the team and say something to the media, and was disappointed when Gauthier refused to comment. But to hear the words come straight out of the mouth of the victim, makes it that much more effective.

I hope the league gives their heads a shake. I don't think Chara is a bad person by any stretch or that he made a mistake either. I think he just fell into a moment of frustration, saw the guy that has been under his skin and took liberty. It was a stupid move, the result was horrible and a suspension should have been served.

The league has dropped the ball once again.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
xduckiex

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
Pretty clear from MaxPac...

I'm still extremely disgusted about the last 24 hours or so, from the hit to the league's reaction... it smells corruption at its worst...

AT least there are people doing something about it, not our ****** habs administration, but at least the fans, journalists, sponsors, politicians...

It's good... if only the team would offer more support to Patches and be vocal about the situation...
I think the team is doing the right thing by not commenting. Much more impactful coming from the victim, Patches. I'm sure the team allowed him to make the comments he did, I can't see him defying the team if their wishes were for him to have "no comment"

xduckiex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Craig71

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Watch the video, Bob is shakey and obviously upset.
I picked up on that as I listened to him. Good on Max bcause the media are not usually held accountable for their words. Pacioretty caused Bobby to put up or shut up. Good for the kid to even be able to hold it together in the midst of all his suffering and be able to stand up to the NHL and the idiots running the league.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 09:48 PM
Andros777

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
Before you guys keep over reacting and think Chara should be charged with murder, not even Patches think he should have gotten a huge suspension.

That should be a sign to the rest of you that you's are over reacting. Patches only thinks it deserves a slap on the wrist, a 2-3 game suspension. And he is the one sitting in a hospital.

Yea it really sucks but its not as bad as most of you are making it out to be. You don't see Montreal players labelling Chara as the devil. Take some notes from the Montreal team that you guys love and follow their lead.
He said he thought the NHL would give it that much. He never said anything about what he thinks it should have been. He just mentioned that he's surprised the NHL didn't give Chara at least that much.

Andros777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 09:49 PM
Chris G

Patches will be alright, kid's got drive you don't see in too many players let alone athletes today. Gonna have more motivation to be a better player then ever before. Get well soon Max!

Chris G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 09:51 PM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

I'm going to try to be positive and say his coherence and cognitive awareness, based on the article, seems to be very good. That is encouraging, especially based on the severity of his concussion. I hope he recovers well and wish him the best of luck!

Captain Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
all everyones gotta know is

when they woke him up, he said "i can play"

wow.

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Translation of what he told Renaud:

http://legrandclub.rds.ca/profils/60.../107551/public

''The incident happened 24 hours ago. I saw the images of the hit and I can tell you I am surprised to be feeling as well as I am right now. What I saw on TV was just unbelievable to see.''

''I do not want to come off as someone who exaggerates'', said Pacioretty, who stayed clam throughout the interview. ''Yes, emotions are running high right now. But the reality is I was disgusted when I heard the news. There are not enough words I could use to tell you how I feel about the league's decision. In the new NHL, a defenceman does not have the right to hold me. So what he did is put his hand on my head and I wasn't able to defend myself. I could not move. He then sent me straight towards the stanchion and I lost consciousness right after. It's a disgrace they let this kind of stuff happen in the NHL. I only woke up when I was on the stretcher. I was telling the doctors to leave me alone because I felt ready to play. They quickly told me it wasn't the case and to not move. I saw Brian Gionta to my right while opening my eyes and P.K. Subban on the bench who was looking at me.''

How did he learn there would be no suspension?

''I was undergoing tests the whole day and I was concentrating on what I had to do. At one moment, a nurse told me there was no suspension. What is ironic is that people in the Habs brass came to visit me and told me it's time for the league to solve the problems. In reality, I do not wish any harm on Zdeno Chara. I only want this type of gesture to be out of my sport.''

Pacioretty wanted to be re-assuring:

''One of the doctors who saw me told me he did not want to come to work today because he was scared to see a person seriously hurt, after seeing the images on TV last night. Yes, I have a fracture in my neck, and I know it sounds scary, but it remains a fracture like any other. As for my concussion I feel very good right now and as soon as I can help my team, I will do it.''

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

They were reporting his comments during Sports30 and right after he woke up, he told the doctors he was fine to play. Also, he said he feels pretty good despite the concussion. I guess it's encouraging news.

The Russian General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 09:53 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Props to Pacioretty for not tip toeing around the situation and telling it exactly like many of us saw this.. The guy as more balls than Habs management for speaking out about it and criticizing the NHL and Chara..
100% agree.

hogtownhabsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 09:54 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post

''The incident happened 24 hours ago. I saw the images of the hit and I can tell you I am surprised to be feeling as well as I am right now. What I saw on TV was just unbelievable to see.''

''I do not want to come off as someone who exaggerates'', said Pacioretty, who stayed clam throughout the interview. ''Yes, emotions are running high right now. But the reality is I was disgusted when I heard the news. There are not enough words I could use to tell you how I feel about the league's decision. In the new NHL, a defenceman does not have the right to hold me. So what he did is put his hand on my head and I wasn't able to defend myself. I could not move. He then sent me straight towards the stanchion and I lost consciousness right after. It's a disgrace they let this kind of stuff happen in the NHL. I only woke up when I was on the stretcher. I was telling the doctors to leave me alone because I felt ready to play. They quickly told me it wasn't the case and to not move. I saw Brian Gionta to my right while opening my eyes and P.K. Subban on the bench who was looking at me.''

''I was undergoing tests the whole day and I was concentrating on what I had to do. At one moment, a nurse told me there was no suspension. What is ironic is that people in the Habs brass came to visit me and told me it's time for the league to solve the problems. In reality, I do not wish any harm on Zdeno Chara. I only want this type of gesture to be out of my sport.''

''One of the doctors who saw me told me he did not want to come to work today because he was scared to see a person seriously hurt, after seeing the images on TV last night. Yes, I have a fracture in my neck, and I know it sounds scary, but it remains a fracture like any other. As for my concussion I feel very good right now and as soon as I can help my team, I will do it.''
I have no words... on what i think of pacioretty right now..

Pacioretty > NHL. Landslide.

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post

This is the kind of player you build a team with.

Proud of this kid.

Nashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Le Casque de Mats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashy View Post
Lot of flip-flopping on this one....intentional, then accidental, then suspension worthy.

It was dirty, it was intentional, and it was suspendable......not sure how the NHL couldn't see that.
You could put 2 or 3 dirt bags that layed in the streets by 34 celcius in july, draw a smiley face on them, and they would do a far better job than these nonsence kids at the head of this thing we call a professional league.
And these bags would cost nothing.

Le Casque de Mats is offline   Reply With Quote