Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

Brett Hargrave and Connor Mcdavid

Old
03-09-2011, 08:48 PM
walker33

vCash: 500
Brett Hargrave and Connor Mcdavid

http://www.baytoday.ca/content/sport...ls.asp?c=38251

this kid is a monster and he won't get much look obviously because he plays in North Bay and he recieves limitted exposure but seems like when he goes to a more competetive team like east coast selects he dominates. He led them in scoring and won east coast selects player of the year. This season he was second on his major midget AAA team in scoring and hes only a bantam.he had 25 points in 25 games again playin 2-3 years his senoir. Great player needs more physical strength but his on ice speaks for himself. hes a 1996 and is very good.
Theres also a 97 on the horizon from Newmarket...connor mcdavid kid is absolutley amazing thats all i have to say about him. He should go for exceptional status next season.

CONNOR mcdavid is a 97 lighting up the 96 toronto marlboros again a year younger dominating. Gunna be the real deal
http://vimeo.com/20658514 hes number 97

walker33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 09:07 PM
Tigers1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by walker33 View Post

this kid is a monster and he won't get much look obviously because he plays in North Bay and he recieves limitted exposure but seems like when he goes to a more competetive team like east coast selects he dominates. He led them in scoring and won east coast selects player of the year. This season he was second on his major midget AAA team in scoring and hes only a bantam.he had 25 points in 25 games again playin 2-3 years his senoir. Great player needs more physical strength but his on ice speaks for himself. hes a 1996 and is very good.
Theres also a 97 on the horizon from Newmarket...connor mcdavid kid is absolutley amazing thats all i have to say about him. He should go for exceptional status next season.

CONNOR mcdavid is a 97 lighting up the 96 toronto marlboros again a year younger dominating. Gunna be the real deal
Ive seen both play and they are impressive players. Im not sure why you think Hargrave is not getting exposure, he has been on the radar all year, and should be a solid top 10 next year in the OHL Draft, if not higher.

Id encourage eveyone to watch that video, it was a great game over at Icelands in Mississauga.

Id also suggest looking at #91 on Vaughan, Michael Dal Colle, another top 96.

I think the 96's are lining up to be one of the top draft years in recent memory, at least at the top end.

Last edited by Tigers1992: 03-09-2011 at 09:21 PM.
Tigers1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 09:23 PM
walker33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers1992 View Post
Ive seen both play and they are impressive players. Im not sure why you think Hargrave is not getting exposure, he has been on the radar all year, and should be a solid top 10 next year in the OHL Draft, if not higher.

Id encourage eveyone to watch that video, it was a great game over at Icelands in Mississauga.

Id also suggest looking at #91 on Vaughan, Michael Dal Colle, another top 96.

I think the 96's are lining up to be one of the top draft years in recent memory, at least at the top end.
I also saw that 93 bennett? he was really good scored a highlight reel goal and had tons of rushes but mcdavid as a 97 was the best player on the ice i was amazed reminds me of matt duchene in bantam playing minoir midget just dominating.

Just from around north bay you don't hear much. Hes going to be the best player from that area. Im glad to hear hes going to be a top 10 pick or higher ive just never read anything or seen anything or heard anything that exposed him that much.

thanks tiger

steve

Old
03-09-2011, 09:32 PM
Tigers1992

Quote:
I also saw that 93 bennett? he was really good scored a highlight reel goal and had tons of rushes but mcdavid as a 97 was the best player on the ice i was amazed reminds me of matt duchene in bantam playing minoir midget just dominating.

Just from around north bay you don't hear much. Hes going to be the best player from that area. Im glad to hear hes going to be a top 10 pick or higher ive just never read anything or seen anything or heard anything that exposed him that much.

thanks tiger

steve
I have only got to see him a few times, but he os the best player out of the GNML that i have seen in the last few years, and perhaps ever.

I remember that Bennet goal, one of the rare times i actually yelled out loud after a goal, very impressive, high end skill for sure.

Old
03-09-2011, 09:57 PM
TobiasE

Saw your post under prospects section about mcdavid. wanted to reply here...

more factors then just skill to get exceptional. He will have to pass a sports psychologist examination making sure he is mentally ready for the next level and much more in depth tests etc.
He must grow to get exceptional, what is he 5'5, 5'6?

John mcfarland was as good as they come in his underage minor midget year yet he didnt get exceptional

its hard to come by and might be even harder if exceptional status is given to ekblad because they wouldnt want this to seem like a year to year thing

TobiasE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 10:00 PM
Tigers1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by TobiasE View Post
Saw your post under prospects section about mcdavid. wanted to reply here...

more factors then just skill to get exceptional. He will have to pass a sports psychologist examination making sure he is mentally ready for the next level and much more in depth tests etc.
He must grow to get exceptional, what is he 5'5, 5'6?

John mcfarland was as good as they come in his underage minor midget year yet he didnt get exceptional

its hard to come by and might be even harder if exceptional status is given to ekblad because they wouldnt want this to seem like a year to year thing
McDavid is probably 5'9" he has time to grow. But your right he has a long way to go.

Old
03-09-2011, 10:26 PM
NHL Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers1992 View Post
McDavid is probably 5'9" he has time to grow. But your right he has a long way to go.
I have seen McDavid play a couple times this year. He has good stick handling skills and is very good skater. Very high hockey IQ for his age. He will have to grow but he is still young, he has lots of time. He is probably 5'6, 5'7 tops. There have been agents running at this kid already. He definitely has potential.

Last edited by NHL Fanatic: 03-10-2011 at 02:24 PM.
NHL Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 06:28 AM
TobiasE

I've watched the bantams multiple times, there is no way he is 5'9

TobiasE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 09:10 AM
sarie67

Quote:

I've seen the Hargrave boy play quite a bit this winter in the GNML. Very good size (turned 15 in Jan.), not very strong on the puck, tons of ice time, often injured, great start to the season, very poor second half, decent skills, ok skater, ok hockey sense. He'd be a very good hockey player if he was playing Major Bantam. Playing up in Midget? His strenghts and weaknesses were very evident. But he had tons and tons of ice time early on and produced at a point a game clip. Didn't produce during the second half - bad shoulder apparently. I've seen the Soo Major Bantams play a few times this year and there are a couple of kids on that team that might be better prospects at this point - without all the hype that Hargrave has gotten. Just my opinion however. Goes to show though that there are some very good players up North.

sarie67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 08:17 PM
walker33

He does have a bad shoulder but time will heel that. I train him often where i work and he needs some definite strength training to secure his body type cus he is so big. But he is very talented and hes been playing midget since he was in gr 8 which is very intense.

As for Mcdavid...he is a small statured kid..but hes extremleeeeeey gifted.

Old
08-12-2011, 05:41 AM
walker33

I heard he jumped ship to the GTHL to play with the rebels or senetors any truth in this...makes sense he has nothing to prove anymore in the NOHA since hes played midget since gr 8 lol

Old
08-12-2011, 03:16 PM
sarie67

Quote:
I heard he jumped ship to the GTHL to play with the rebels or senetors any truth in this...makes sense he has nothing to prove anymore in the NOHA since hes played midget since gr 8 lol
To be able to play in the GTHL, they would have to prove that the whole Hargrave family is moving there. Big move just for hockey but yes, it would be better for his development and draft ranking.

sarie67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2011, 03:33 PM
Tigers1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikekomisarek08 View Post
To be able to play in the GTHL, they would have to prove that the whole Hargrave family is moving there. Big move just for hockey but yes, it would be better for his development and draft ranking.
He has nothing left to prove in the GNML.