HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pacioretty Speaks Out

Old
03-09-2011, 10:55 PM
merano

vCash: 500
As per Renaud Lavoie PAX was never interviewed for his view on the hit!!!!!!!!!!!!

They believed the attacker and did not even talk to the victim!!!!!!

merano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 10:56 PM
MikeyPeenz

Goood for you patches we have your back 1000% and if bettman fines you we will pay and so will that puke chara

MikeyPeenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 10:59 PM
Guy Caballero

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Watch the video, Bob is shakey and obviously upset.
Yeah, you could really see him sweat. Why is that? Breaking a big story doesn't make him nervous. He was upset because he knew he made a really bad call earlier in the day. That's okay. He's a great guy and he just misjudged a situation. Happens to everyone. But I'd like to see him publicly amend his earlier assessment of the situation.

Guy Caballero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 10:59 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by merano View Post
As per Renaud Lavoie PAX was never interviewed for his view on the hit!!!!!!!!!!!!

what the HELL are you talking about?

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 11:00 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
MVP

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by merano View Post

It's standard procedure, apparently.

This league.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Habit11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
I have no words... on what i think of pacioretty right now..

Pacioretty > NHL. Landslide.
+1

The only thing that has slightly made me feel less disgusted up until the last hour is hearing his thoughts. Whether he comes back or not, to me is secondary, his health for himself in his family takes priority over all else. But to hear him politely say the league should have done at least something, proves what kind of person he is, and what type of person other people in the league really are.

Habit11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Stradale

Major props for the kid. Wow.

**** the Bruins, **** the league.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 11:02 PM
SonOfGom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Translation of what he told Renaud:

http://legrandclub.rds.ca/profils/60.../107551/public

''The incident happened 24 hours ago. I saw the images of the hit and I can tell you I am surprised to be feeling as well as I am right now. What I saw on TV was just unbelievable to see.''

''I do not want to come off as someone who exaggerates'', said Pacioretty, who stayed clam throughout the interview. ''Yes, emotions are running high right now. But the reality is I was disgusted when I heard the news. There are not enough words I could use to tell you how I feel about the league's decision. In the new NHL, a defenceman does not have the right to hold me. So what he did is put his hand on my head and I wasn't able to defend myself. I could not move. He then sent me straight towards the stanchion and I lost consciousness right after. It's a disgrace they let this kind of stuff happen in the NHL. I only woke up when I was on the stretcher. I was telling the doctors to leave me alone because I felt ready to play. They quickly told me it wasn't the case and to not move. I saw Brian Gionta to my right while opening my eyes and P.K. Subban on the bench who was looking at me.''

How did he learn there would be no suspension?

''I was undergoing tests the whole day and I was concentrating on what I had to do. At one moment, a nurse told me there was no suspension. What is ironic is that people in the Habs brass came to visit me and told me it's time for the league to solve the problems. In reality, I do not wish any harm on Zdeno Chara. I only want this type of gesture to be out of my sport.''

Pacioretty wanted to be re-assuring:

''One of the doctors who saw me told me he did not want to come to work today because he was scared to see a person seriously hurt, after seeing the images on TV last night. Yes, I have a fracture in my neck, and I know it sounds scary, but it remains a fracture like any other. As for my concussion I feel very good right now and as soon as I can help my team, I will do it.''
Awesome, hope he come's as strong as ever.

And wtf is up with that doctor??

SonOfGom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
Before you guys keep over reacting and think Chara should be charged with murder, not even Patches think he should have gotten a huge suspension.

That should be a sign to the rest of you that you's are over reacting. Patches only thinks it deserves a slap on the wrist, a 2-3 game suspension. And he is the one sitting in a hospital.

Yea it really sucks but its not as bad as most of you are making it out to be. You don't see Montreal players labelling Chara as the devil. Take some notes from the Montreal team that you guys love and follow their lead.
He never said he doesn't think Chara should have gotten a huge suspension. What he says is that he deserved something, whatever it is, one, two, three....wtv. He would settle for anything.
You really didn't understand it well.

He also says it's clear that Chara knew what he was doing. So, if you believe MaxPac, then wouldn't you say a knowingly Chara should definitely deserve a big suspension?? Purposely shoving the head of a player into a turnbuckle is what MaxPac is saying Chara did. That surely warrants a huge suspension.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Congratulations, NHL. If anything happens to Chara next game, it's on you.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 11:03 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
I have no words... on what i think of pacioretty right now..

Pacioretty > NHL. Landslide.
Ditto

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 11:03 PM
Guy Caballero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habit11 View Post
+1

The only thing that has slightly made me feel less disgusted up until the last hour is hearing his thoughts. Whether he comes back or not, to me is secondary, his health for himself in his family takes priority over all else. But to hear him politely say the league should have done at least something, proves what kind of person he is, and what type of person other people in the league really are.
Me too. I'm really relieved. First the NHL, then the Habs remaining silent in the face of a serious injustice? I was wondering what the hell was going on here. I think the Habs remained silent because they knew MaxPac was going to unload.

Guy Caballero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 11:05 PM
RE-HABS

Erik Cole came back, let's hope Patches does too.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 11:06 PM
Sedinery2011

hope he makes a full recovery and can continue his career. hes only 22 ffs..

Sedinery2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 11:07 PM
Habit11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Congratulations, NHL. If anything happens to Chara next game, it's on you.
Even if they suspended him, with like 3 games, you know what... wouldn't have changed the way the Bruins' play against the Habs nor the way Chara play against the Habs. They try to injure.

Habit11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 11:08 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Before you guys keep over reacting and think Chara should be charged with murder, not even Patches think he should have gotten a huge suspension.

That should be a sign to the rest of you that you's are over reacting. Patches only thinks it deserves a slap on the wrist, a 2-3 game suspension. And he is the one sitting in a hospital.

Yea it really sucks but its not as bad as most of you are making it out to be. You don't see Montreal players labelling Chara as the devil. Take some notes from the Montreal team that you guys love and follow their lead.
Seriously? Enough with your '' we're too x,y and z''.... It was disgusting play in the eyes of the fans AND Max...

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Et le But

Now this is toughness, Pacioretty has more heart and more guts than any of those thugs on the Bruins. Got to love how that kid is willing to take a stand against both the NHL and the vet who claims to be innocent.

If anyone can come back from something like this it's him. Let's just hope before then we can fight to make hockey safer.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
frederixx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Omg..

I don't know how their mods accepts such stupidity.

Their fans are really a mirror of their team.
They were raised in the most hated country in the world too..

I hope nothing bad happens.

frederixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 11:09 PM
Pascal

Kinda funny how the media is littered with ex-Booins players.. What does TSN do right after the Max quotes? Cue to Aaron Ward who says Chara isn't a dirty player and there was no intent, etc.... what a joke. How about they talk more about what Max says about Chara making the hit intentional?

Then we have to deal with all the other clowns like PJ Stock, Barnaby, Milbury, etc.. and I can't wait to see what Cherry says on Saturday. He'll have to fight his bruins-blood against the fact Max is north american and Chara is a euro! Oh my!

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:

Do you seriously think he would have announced to the whole world that the NHL should have suspended Chara for 10 or 20 games or whatever huge number of games even if deep down he really thinks those numbers were reasonable? He would have made a fool out of himself because everyone knows the NHL, with its low standards, would never give those numbers of games to Chara, a league superstar.

Also, if Max himself was asking for a big suspencion, there's a big risk that the public would view him as playing the big poor victim or a crybaby. He still wants to keep his pride and show class, you know?

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Picaroon

There ya go. This kid just supported what the true Montreal fanbase has been saying. And he has the god damn right to do that. Thank you Max, for speaking the truth. Chara deserves no forgiveness for this and he knows it. He knows what he did. Any play that makes me question my faith as a hockey fan warrants a fair judgment. Fan bias aside. That hit was disgraceful and the league made a huge mistake. I will stand by my opinion no matter what. I salute you Mr. Max Pacioretty. You're a beauty!

Picaroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 11:11 PM
SB164

walsha Allan Walsh

Big flaw in the NHL's supplementary discipline process is the victim isn't heard. How hard is it to get victim on phone + hear his take

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 11:12 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
MVP

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero View Post
I think the Habs remained silent because they knew MaxPac was going to unload.
I think so too. And Max speaking out like this, merely 24 hours after it happened, from a hospital bed in a neck brace is a lot more shocking than a guy in a suit lashing out at the league.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 11:14 PM
overlords
Hfboards

On topic please. No more discussing the people who may or may not be [perfectly fine inside and out] on other forums.

Last edited by overlords: 03-09-2011 at 11:43 PM.
overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 11:15 PM
LesHabsRock

Quote:

He never said he was against a large number of games either. Patches is just saying the league should have done something, but he's hardly saying he wants Chara to receive the "slap on the wrist" you're implying. He would also be in favour of a large number as well.

LesHabsRock is offline   Reply With Quote