HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pacioretty Speaks Out

Old
03-09-2011, 10:15 PM
Habit11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
walsha Allan Walsh

Big flaw in the NHL's supplementary discipline process is the victim isn't heard. How hard is it to get victim on phone + hear his take
wow, if Walsh is the voice of reason... geez

Habit11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 10:16 PM
tiersen24

I just can't understand people who qualifies this as a hockey play that went wrong and still say it is interference and deserved a minor 2!!! Dammit it's interference ! It's not an hockey play ! It's an illegal play !!! Damn main board post !! Just got me angry again !!

Congrats to Pax for saying out loud how he really feels !! And congrats to MTL org. for letting him go forward with these comments !

tiersen24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 10:17 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
Before you guys keep over reacting and think Chara should be charged with murder, not even Patches think he should have gotten a huge suspension.

That should be a sign to the rest of you that you's are over reacting. Patches only thinks it deserves a slap on the wrist, a 2-3 game suspension. And he is the one sitting in a hospital.

Yea it really sucks but its not as bad as most of you are making it out to be. You don't see Montreal players labelling Chara as the devil. Take some notes from the Montreal team that you guys love and follow their lead.
To play devil's advocate, you can interpret what he said as he expected there to be a suspension, even if it's a small suspension at the very least. Then goes on to describe what he felt the very least was.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 10:19 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Jesus, each time I hear his mother and father was at the game and how they reacted to all this, I feel depressed. Just sickening.

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 10:20 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Patches is the man, he has a heart that is huge and balls to state the truth. Something the NHL head office couldn't, something his own union couldn't, his own coach and GM couldn't...but he could!

Chara is a joke, the NHL has made themselves look foolish once again, I hope they pay big time in sponsorship and I really hope the government steps in and says enough is enough.

Like Patches said, he isn't thinking of himself, he is thinking of the next guy getting hurt cause the NHL has said this is all right.

If this kid cannot play another game, he should sue the NHL, Chara and his union.
That, he will. I'm pretty sure if he doesn't play hockey anymore, he will sue.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 10:20 PM
Belso

Good for Max. You tell him.. I'm behind you!!!

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 10:21 PM
mohare

I still don't understand how he didn't at least get a game. I would love to hear the recording of how that disciplinary hearing went down.

Its funny how in life just being a first time offender doesn't get you out of punishment, but in the NHL its a get out of jail free card.

I hope there is a civil suit launched here that takes Chara for all he's worth. Too bad it happened in Canada, because our court decisions pale in comparison to what he could have gotten if it happened in the US.

mohare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 10:21 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Erik Cole came back, let's hope Patches does too.
lol bah when will some of you get it

its not the NECK thats the issue here! its the concussion!!

now having said that, bergeron came back, lets hope patches does too.

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 10:22 PM
Amputechture

This young man makes me so ****ing proud to be a Habs fan. He speaks from passion, from his heart and soul. I am disgusted by the NHL. This is a pathetic display that shows that there is a great divide within this league. There are the players that they care about about and the players that they dont. I am sick of this ********.

Amputechture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 10:23 PM
macavoy

vCash: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
To play devil's advocate, you can interpret what he said as he expected there to be a suspension, even if it's a small suspension at the very least. Then goes on to describe what he felt the very least was.
I agree with that.

I also didn't see the entire interview when I made the comments, I only seen the one quote. I'm glad he showed his true feelings. But I just believe in middle ground and not showing weakness.

I think all the Habs fans complaining and saying we should forfeit the Mar 24 game makes us look weak, I don't like showing weakness. I also don't like it when Habs fans make threads about Price being a Hart nominee when he isn't even close to being a Vezina nominee. You don't air your dirty laundry in public. Or lets stop buying Habs jerseys to stick it to the NHL offices, that only hurts our team owners, not the NHL offices. I believe in being pro active, so when Air Canada talked about pulling its NHL sponsorship, I went out and got the Air Canada's VP email so that we can send our message. I'd rather be pro active and find a way to send a message than whine. I don't believe in whining.

At least, winners don't do that. I'm proud of the way Patches and the Habs players have reacted to all of this. That is my point.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 10:24 PM
MarkovsKnee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Translation of what he told Renaud:

http://legrandclub.rds.ca/profils/60.../107551/public

''The incident happened 24 hours ago. I saw the images of the hit and I can tell you I am surprised to be feeling as well as I am right now. What I saw on TV was just unbelievable to see.''

''I do not want to come off as someone who exaggerates'', said Pacioretty, who stayed clam throughout the interview. ''Yes, emotions are running high right now. But the reality is I was disgusted when I heard the news. There are not enough words I could use to tell you how I feel about the league's decision. In the new NHL, a defenceman does not have the right to hold me. So what he did is put his hand on my head and I wasn't able to defend myself. I could not move. He then sent me straight towards the stanchion and I lost consciousness right after. It's a disgrace they let this kind of stuff happen in the NHL. I only woke up when I was on the stretcher. I was telling the doctors to leave me alone because I felt ready to play. They quickly told me it wasn't the case and to not move. I saw Brian Gionta to my right while opening my eyes and P.K. Subban on the bench who was looking at me.''

How did he learn there would be no suspension?

''I was undergoing tests the whole day and I was concentrating on what I had to do. At one moment, a nurse told me there was no suspension. What is ironic is that people in the Habs brass came to visit me and told me it's time for the league to solve the problems. In reality, I do not wish any harm on Zdeno Chara. I only want this type of gesture to be out of my sport.''

Pacioretty wanted to be re-assuring:

''One of the doctors who saw me told me he did not want to come to work today because he was scared to see a person seriously hurt, after seeing the images on TV last night. Yes, I have a fracture in my neck, and I know it sounds scary, but it remains a fracture like any other. As for my concussion I feel very good right now and as soon as I can help my team, I will do it.''

I know he'll be back. The kid's too tough and has too much drive and ambition not to be.

MarkovsKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
walsha Allan Walsh

Big flaw in the NHL's supplementary discipline process is the victim isn't heard. How hard is it to get victim on phone + hear his take
Well that is the uneducated NHL brass in former players who have High School at best running the league. A guy like Walsh who has a law degree knows what should be done, the NHL is run by 1970 half assed former players.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Phousse

Anyways, it's great to hear from Pacioretty and everything he's said supports what we've all been saying the whole time: Chara knew what he was doing. Now I've been a fan of Chara since he was traded to Ottawa years ago and I'm still a fan of his today due largely in part to him being a tremendously skilled and classy player. However, a great reputation does not excuse one from the consequences of horrible actions, at least it shouldn't. The NHL really dropped the ball today and the only way it could go worse is if Pacioretty gets fined for his comments.

I'm still a little disturbed by the comments of a select few Bruins fans, too. They get off on violence so much, it's sickening.

Last edited by PyrettaBlaze*: 03-09-2011 at 10:33 PM.
Phousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 10:25 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post

Hey, I know it is the concussion. But, you are fooling yourself if Doctors aren't telling him a hit the wrong way could make him a paraplegic.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 10:26 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
You know what. I hope this doesn't come out wrong or taken the wrong way, but this reminds me of the situation that Maurice Richard went through back in his playing days. Wasn't protected like all other star players and nobody spoke up to the media and said a word. It was Maurice himself, that spoke out and let everyone know how disgusted he was about the league not taking action.

We're in 2011 now, and things still haven't changed? The league is still doing a piss poor job, the Habs organization still doesn't have the cojones to say anything to the media and it's up to the victim himself to say something.

Once again, not comparing the two players, just the situation. Bravo again Max!

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 10:27 PM
CloutierForVezina

Well spoken young man, I only hope he can recover fully.

CloutierForVezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 10:28 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyonder91 View Post
as a mod i am really surprised to see you writing this

i think we all know that each fan base has its bad batch of fans

anyways i felt terrible last night after the hit... brought flashbacks to Savard and Bergeron

hope Max will recover fully from this
LOL he cracks a lil joke, and your "surprised" about it, but not surprised at what your own fan base is making itself look like,

Old
03-09-2011, 10:30 PM
Thrill22
Feelin' it

Definitely not a Habs fan, but damn I like his character, I might just have to buy my boys a couple #67 jerseys, hope he makes it back 100%!

Thrill22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 10:31 PM
kassian

The way Pac spoke, I really hope he doesn't lose that swagger in his post-injury career.

kassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 10:31 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Quote:
Hey, I know it is the concussion. But, you are fooling yourself if Doctors aren't telling him a hit the wrong way could make him a paraplegic.
beleive me, i know...if the C4 he fractured BREAKS, he loses respiration

Old
03-09-2011, 10:32 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

love all his comments

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 10:33 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:

I've had a severe concussion before, playing football. Dove for a fumble, smashed my head off another helmet (our school was cheap, my helmet never fit right). My ears were ringing, I couldn't see straight, and I had severe headaches.

I didn't tell anyone just to play the next week.. luckily I didn't get hit in the head again and it got better over time.

Max already says he feels great. I hope thats the truth. Maybe he has a severe concussion, but maybe the symptons are effecting him much.

One Man Rock Band is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 10:34 PM
Beyonder91
Seids the Machine

Quote:
LOL he cracks a lil joke, and your "surprised" about it, but not surprised at what your own fan base is making itself look like,
yes i was a little surprised because it was coming from a mod... though i see my post has mysteriously been removed even though there was nothing wrong with it and i truly hope Max has a full recovery

and i was furious, and looking for bans, last night at numerous Bruin posters who were celebrating the hit...

Last edited by One Man Rock Band: 03-09-2011 at 10:41 PM.
Beyonder91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 10:35 PM
tiersen24

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
You know what. I hope this doesn't come out wrong or taken the wrong way, but this reminds me of the situation that Maurice Richard went through back in his playing days. Wasn't protected like all other star players and nobody spoke up to the media and said a word. It was Maurice himself, that spoke out and let everyone know how disgusted he was about the league not taking action.

We're in 2011 now, and things still haven't changed? The league is still doing a piss poor job, the Habs organization still doesn't have the cojones to say anything to the media and it's up to the victim himself to say something.

Once again, not comparing the two players, just the situation. Bravo again Max!
Are you really compairing Pacioretty and the Maurice Richard ????

But you're so right.....the league is simply disgusting....no improvement, no evolution in more than half a decade....it's not serious...

tiersen24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 10:35 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Man he has balls for saying this.

Unlike Chara who can't even apologize. Saying "it was unfortunate" is not apologizing.

waffledave
waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote