HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Pacioretty Speaks Out

Old
03-09-2011, 10:35 PM
overlords
Hfboards

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyonder91 View Post
yes i was a little surprised because it was coming from a mod... though i see my post has mysteriously been removed even though there was nothing wrong with it and i truly hope Max has a full recovery

and i was furious, and looking for bans, last night at numerous Bruin posters who were celebrating the hit...
It was a joke guy, trying to lighten the mood. Come on, be serious.

Last edited by One Man Rock Band: 03-09-2011 at 10:41 PM.
overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 10:37 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
I've had a severe concussion before, playing football. Dove for a fumble, smashed my head off another helmet (our school was cheap, my helmet never fit right). My ears were ringing, I couldn't see straight, and I had severe headaches.

I didn't tell anyone just to play the next week.. luckily I didn't get hit in the head again and it got better over time.

Max already says he feels great. I hope thats the truth. Maybe he has a severe concussion, but maybe the symptons are effecting him much.
Scary thing with concussions is that the effects may happen later.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 10:37 PM
Habbadasher

PG does not air his laundry in public, you can bet he is working behind the scenes.

Habbadasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 10:38 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Man he has balls for saying this.

Unlike Chara who can't even apologize. Saying "it was unfortunate" is not apologizing.
Karma, it has a funny way of working itself out. Chara will get his, it may not come from the Habs, but it will come to Chara is something.

Old
SonOfGom

Quote:
yes i was a little surprised because it was coming from a mod... though i see my post has mysteriously been removed even though there was nothing wrong with it and i truly hope Max has a full recovery

and i was furious, and looking for bans, last night at numerous Bruin posters who were celebrating the hit... so you are wrong
Come on now, it was funny.

SonOfGom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
misterjaggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Watch the video, Bob is shakey and obviously upset.
This video? http://watch.tsn.ca/featured/clip430701#clip430701

misterjaggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Translation of what he told Renaud:

http://legrandclub.rds.ca/profils/60.../107551/public

''The incident happened 24 hours ago. I saw the images of the hit and I can tell you I am surprised to be feeling as well as I am right now. What I saw on TV was just unbelievable to see.''

''I do not want to come off as someone who exaggerates'', said Pacioretty, who stayed clam throughout the interview. ''Yes, emotions are running high right now. But the reality is I was disgusted when I heard the news. There are not enough words I could use to tell you how I feel about the league's decision. In the new NHL, a defenceman does not have the right to hold me. So what he did is put his hand on my head and I wasn't able to defend myself. I could not move. He then sent me straight towards the stanchion and I lost consciousness right after. It's a disgrace they let this kind of stuff happen in the NHL. I only woke up when I was on the stretcher. I was telling the doctors to leave me alone because I felt ready to play. They quickly told me it wasn't the case and to not move. I saw Brian Gionta to my right while opening my eyes and P.K. Subban on the bench who was looking at me.''

How did he learn there would be no suspension?

''I was undergoing tests the whole day and I was concentrating on what I had to do. At one moment, a nurse told me there was no suspension. What is ironic is that people in the Habs brass came to visit me and told me it's time for the league to solve the problems. In reality, I do not wish any harm on Zdeno Chara. I only want this type of gesture to be out of my sport.''

Pacioretty wanted to be re-assuring:

''One of the doctors who saw me told me he did not want to come to work today because he was scared to see a person seriously hurt, after seeing the images on TV last night. Yes, I have a fracture in my neck, and I know it sounds scary, but it remains a fracture like any other. As for my concussion I feel very good right now and as soon as I can help my team, I will do it.''

Patches words are backed by the picture. Chara's left hand is closed fist you can see the muscles tightened and even his jersey is riding up, he had a lot of force. It wasn't just a push he rode him hard into the stanchion.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 10:39 PM
Russian Warrior
SWAG

Atta boy Max!!!!

Russian Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habbadasher View Post
PG does not air his laundry in public, you can bet he is working behind the scenes.
Doing what?

Nothing can right the wrong now.

Old
coolasprICE

Quote:

and i was furious, and looking for bans, last night at numerous Bruin posters who were celebrating the hit... so you are wrong
Hey look, a non-violent Bruin avatar

Props doooood, cute girl btw... doubt she's from Baaaston

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 10:40 PM
JackZap

What I found more interesting is the interview he gave to Lavoie. He says Chara put his hand on his head, couldnt move his head. Thats VERY serious. Im sorry but thats assault if true, WTF!

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/316343.html

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 10:40 PM
Hermamoud

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
On topic please. No more discussing the people who may or may not be inbred on other forums.
LOL!! I love you overlords.

Hermamoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 10:41 PM
odishabs

concussion aside, how long does it take for a cracked vertebrae to heal?

odishabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 10:41 PM
JackZap

Quote:
Originally Posted by odishabs View Post
concussion aside, how long does it take for a cracked vertebrae to heal?
6 weeks

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 10:42 PM
merano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habbadasher View Post
I know but I wish Bob Gainey was there!

He has the "HAIR OF THE DOG!" and the CH in his heart!

merano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 10:43 PM
habtastic

Was on the main board and saw the thread concerning the 0 suspension. Didn't realize until after I posted that it was a Bruins board thread. I was so confused by how all the posters had succccch a biased view (ex. the vast majority agree with Chara).

Anyway, somebody posted THIS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
You know what? I kind of like that we have the opportunity to be the "bad guy" for once. We're always on the other end of this stuff, I think we should embrace it and take some swagger from it.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post

Patches words are backed by the picture. Chara's left hand is closed fist you can see the muscles tightened and even his jersey is riding up, he had a lot of force. It wasn't just a push he rode him hard into the stanchion.
Yep.

Watch the video. At the last second before the partition is going to be passed Chara knows it and throws his forearm into Patches body to move him into the partition. It was intentional. Players know who they are hitting, they know where they are...it was deliberate. Being a hockey player I know who I wanted to crush over other players, it is instinct in a players game, especially in a guys game like Chara's.

Old
odishabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
6 weeks
thank you! My Prediction.... we see Max in 8 weeks minimum

odishabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 10:45 PM
Frank Drebin

vCash: 735
You know last night I was saying it was likely an accident, that Chara wouldn't mean to do that...but

I think it was a split second decision that ended horribly, but Chara did intend to ram his head into the stanchion.

I haven't been able to watch the play again, I make no exaggeration when I say it's the most disturbing play I've seen in my 20+ years watching hockey. Its not something I want to review again.

The league made a huge mistake not suspending Chara, I would have thought 3 games just because of the severity of the outcome.

If that happened to a friend of mine, I would have no problem breaking the goons jaw with a butt end, and dealing with the consequences. Being bigger and stronger does not make you invincible.

Proud of #67.

Frank Drebin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Habit11

Quote:
Originally Posted by merano View Post
I know but I wish Bob Gainey was there!

He has the "HAIR OF THE DOG!" and the CH in his heart!
I hope BG would emerge to speak his mind. I hope he does. His voice is one of few that speaks with intelligence and clarity and carries weight.

Habit11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
If he really does have a grade 3 concussion, expect him to be out for 8 months.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 10:48 PM
Nazem Gretzky
Eller 4 Selke

Send a message via AIM to Nazem Gretzky
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
What I found more interesting is the interview he gave to Lavoie. He says Chara put his hand on his head, couldnt move his head. Thats VERY serious. Im sorry but thats assault if true, WTF!

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/316343.html
Sorry, but I don't think it can be assault, can it? I mean, NHL players realize when they step on the ice that they are taking risk. Now I'm not saying that what Chara did can be categorized as an acceptable risk, but you can't prove intent, so I don't think the assault charge would fly.

Nazem Gretzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 10:48 PM
Guy Caballero

Watching “Off the Record” and all these talking heads, it’s so obvious what’s happening here. These guys are playing it down the middle because they like their cushy media jobs and their arena privileges and don’t want to make enemies. They like having access to the Bruins, so they don’t commit one way or another. Maybe i'd do it too if it were my job, but it makes me question whether the hockey media is even necessary. Tell the truth or don't waste my time.

Guy Caballero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 10:49 PM
Russian Warrior
SWAG

Quote:
It all depends on the post-concussion symptoms. We could see him back in 8 weeks or in 8 months... You never know with concussions.

He talked to the media today so we should be positive to see him sooner rather than later, but we'll see.

Russian Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 10:50 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero View Post
Watching ďOff the RecordĒ and all these talking heads, itís so obvious whatís happening here. These guys are playing it down the middle because they like their cushy media jobs and their arena privileges and donít want to make enemies. They like having access to the Bruins, so they donít commit one way or another. Maybe i'd do it too if it were my job, but it makes me question whether the hockey media is even necessary. Tell the truth or don't waste my time.
Ferrarro is pissing me off. He was absolutely outraged at the small push to that SJ player from Lapierre that one time last year yet this is clean in his view. Just weird.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote