HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Player of the Game & The Good, The Bad, The Redden: Game #69 @ Anaheim Ducks

View Poll Results: Player of the Game: Game #69 @ Anaheim Ducks
Ryan Callahan 3 3.85%
Brandon Dubinsky 37 47.44%
Marian Gaborik 4 5.13%
Matt Gilroy 4 5.13%
Dan Girardi 0 0%
Henrik Lundqvist 2 2.56%
Ryan McDonagh 4 5.13%
Michael Sauer 2 2.56%
Marc Staal 0 0%
Mats Zuccarello 16 20.51%
Other 6 7.69%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-10-2011, 01:13 AM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

vCash: 500
Well, we have to get a win in San Jose now. Good luck boys. kekekeke

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 01:14 AM
the zamboni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
Hank is too deep and doesn't react well to changes in direction. His puck handling skills are a major problem and Ellis showed that you can stop pucks that if they went in wouldn't have been your fault. I take offers in the offseason and move that salary. He's an average goalie. I know it hurts, but it's true.

Who the **** takes his spot? Chad ****ing Johnson? I've gotta stop reading these boards.

the zamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 01:14 AM
KotsyJr
49ERS/NYR/RAPS/JAYS

Joke of a game. Huge missed opportunity.

I do not see us winning on Saturday.

Gilroy should NOT be in over Eminger (not like it had a bearing on this outcome, but it's just messed up).

KotsyJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 01:15 AM
CDeck93

This loss almost makes the Flyer rout feel like a distant memory...

Talk about two vastly different teams in two separate games...

Boyle should have been benched the rest of that game for the awful giveaway that led to a goal - not to mention, he cheap shotted Ryan into the net because the puck was stolen from him. Any of the young guys or Gabby or Avery would have been sitting for quite awhile. But nooo, not Boyle. He was right back out there for his next shift. Be consistent, Torts.

We are on a 6-11 run. Awful timing.

CDeck93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 01:18 AM
nyrfan519

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Not sure how those two statements are related. On the first one, yes, there's a good chance we don't make it. It was no more than a 50/50 shot that we were going to before the season started. On the second one, I disagree. This team is headed in the right direction and I am expecting to make the playoffs next year.
Mostly I'm just venting frustration, but the two statements really don't have to be related (hence the spacing between them).

That being said, there is some relation; what I'm saying is that it seems like every year we're gonna be fighting for a playoff spot down to the wire. What makes me worried that we'll be mediocre/average for a long time is that while we have a solid young core, I really don't think many (if any) of these guys are projected to be first-line players down the road.

And yes, while it was maybe 50-50 at the start of the year, there is no excuse for pissing away that spot when you have the cushion we had. I don't care how young the team is--you have to get it done in that situation! That's not asking too much at all.

nyrfan519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 01:19 AM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

We have 30 regulation losses already. We had 33 last year.

Ew.

Old
03-10-2011, 01:20 AM
Scooter17

I'm gonna chalk this one up to bad luck. Those first 3 goals were all kind of fluky. The 4th goal came off a miss of a wide open net by Dubi.

Scooter17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 01:20 AM
nyrfan519

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
I doubt that. If we miss playoffs this season it wont be by much. We are on the right track. Unless Slats decides to part with young nucleus then we can only go up.
How many of these guys project to ultimately be first liners? Based on what I've seen and what I know, very few, if any. That's what worries me.

nyrfan519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 01:23 AM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
Dont take it to heart. Happens after every loss.
Prince Chad >>>>>>> Henrik

lol, nawt

Old
03-10-2011, 01:25 AM
Machinehead
ActingLikeAStempniak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loffen View Post
We have 30 regulation losses already. We had 33 last year.

Ew.
On the brightside that means only 4 overtime losses and alot more wins than anybody behind us. We have alot of work to do to even get a tie, but if it just so happens to come down to a tie, we got the tiebreaker locked up in a safe. Sabres have 10 overtime losses.

Machinehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 01:28 AM
AdamGravesNight

Send a message via AIM to AdamGravesNight Send a message via Yahoo to AdamGravesNight
The Good: Corey Perry, but Sauer for the Rangers

The Bad: Everyone else

The Redden: Girardi

Here's my recap of the game Race for 8th: Rangers lose to Anaheim

AdamGravesNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 01:28 AM
trilobyte

I don't really think the playoffs are in the cards this year, never did think it would happen this year. I would prefer they make the playoffs, but I don't think there is any magic in the air for it this year. And magic is what it will take. Or hard work every game, and magic.

Still always cheer the team and watch, but my biggest wish is for the consistency in effort to even out. I think that will come with experience for the young guys, but how do you explain the Staal/GIRARDI problems tonight. Personally, I think Staal could only do so much tonight in trying to make up for G's gaffes.
Some people say the team is exhausted, but how the hell would anybody know if that is true except the players themselves?
Last game was Sunday. Exhausted? Call it a day if this team is exhausted. This exhaustion thing is BS.

I expected energy tonight, did not see any energy tonight except for one player named Dubinsky. It has nothing to do with their legs. Even Callahan looked very out of sync to me. No flow, no cohesion.
Really, just a game it would have been better to have not even played.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 01:29 AM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan519 View Post
How many of these guys project to ultimately be first liners? Based on what I've seen and what I know, very few, if any. That's what worries me.

Oh I agree, that's the problem. We need top end talent. But we do have key pieces in places. Guys like Hank, Dubi, Callahan, Staal, Girardi etc. The defense is pretty good now (didnt appear like it tonight), young and good. Staal/Girardi/Sauer/McDonagh has the makings of a very good top-4 that could stick together for years. Dubi/Cally/Stepan could be our 2nd line for a long long time. Anisimov has the potential to be very good.

I know people tend to get down after tough and frustrating losses but we are in decent shape.

Even if we miss playoffs, this season would be considered a succes for me. I mean look at Sauer/McDonagh/Zuke/Stepan and how they played so far and the emergence of Dubi and Cally.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 01:30 AM
Machinehead
ActingLikeAStempniak

Bad news; my dog, my philosophy homework, and the bowl of chili in the fridge, all have games in hand on the Rangers.

Old
03-10-2011, 01:31 AM
Abooch68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
On the brightside that means only 4 overtime losses and alot more wins than anybody behind us. We have alot of work to do to even get a tie, but if it just so happens to come down to a tie, we got the tiebreaker locked up in a safe. Sabres have 10 overtime losses.
Not true... We've won more games in the shootout than the Sabres... If they have more regulation/ot wins then us and we end up with the same points they make the playoffs..

Abooch68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 01:32 AM
Machinehead
ActingLikeAStempniak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abooch68 View Post
Not true... We've won more games in the shootout than the Sabres... If they have more regulation/ot wins then us and we end up with the same points they make the playoffs..
Well that's the stupidest ****ing rule I've ever heard of. What sense does it make to put a team with 3 less wins in the playoffs? I don't know why they don't just get rid of the points and have wins and losses. Wins and losses are for real men, points are for Gilroy.

Old
03-10-2011, 01:32 AM
Zuuuuc

POTG - ?
The good - Torts has til Saturday to re-teach this team how to block shots instead of directing them in
The Bad - We didn't get 2 points
The Redden - See the bad

Just an addition, Henrik IS a world class goalie. He has the upstairs weakness so the defence has to play to that. Not a lot of goalies can be stellar at everything and its up to the d to not let opposition forwards exploit your goalies only real weakness.

As for the deflections. Henrik is a positional goalie with great lateral movement and excellent legs and as such he goes down to let the shots hit him. The defence has to either block fully or let Hank see them. A far shot that is going high, Hank will glove it, or stand up and take it in the chest or do his odd blocker/pad combo save.
He'll be ok folks. Saturday we just have to show up like we did in December or in our game against Vancouver in January, grind it out with little to no mistakes, get the 1-0 or 2-1 win

Zuuuuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 01:35 AM
Pugs35

Anyone else ever wish they could just turn line changes off and keep the Stepan line out there for the entire game?

Pugs35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 01:38 AM
trilobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by wb1985 View Post
POTG - ?
The good - Torts has til Saturday to re-teach this team how to block shots instead of directing them in
The Bad - We didn't get 2 points
The Redden - See the bad

Just an addition, Henrik IS a world class goalie. He has the upstairs weakness so the defence has to play to that. Not a lot of goalies can be stellar at everything and its up to the d to not let opposition forwards exploit your goalies only real weakness.

As for the deflections. Henrik is a positional goalie with great lateral movement and excellent legs and as such he goes down to let the shots hit him. The defence has to either block fully or let Hank see them. A far shot that is going high, Hank will glove it, or stand up and take it in the chest or do his odd blocker/pad combo save.
He'll be ok folks. Saturday we just have to show up like we did in December or in our game against Vancouver in January, grind it out with little to no mistakes, get the 1-0 or 2-1 win
This is one of those games they need to put behind them and pretend never happened. It was one of the most deflating games I've watched them play this year.

On to San Jose. They're probably licking their lips down there, but maybe the Rangers can turn their game 180 degrees from tonight's display and do something good.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 01:39 AM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

http://twitter.com/stevezipay

Torts: "We sucked"
-------------

Right you are.

Old
03-10-2011, 01:45 AM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loffen View Post
http://twitter.com/stevezipay

Torts: "We sucked"
-------------

Right you are.
so what are you going to do about it? You have said this a number of times, you are the coach it`s your job to change this and make it unacceptable.

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 01:46 AM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
The Redden should be the bounces. I am so sick and tired of this team getting murdered with deflected shots.

EvilCorporateLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 01:47 AM
TigerJack

The game decider whas Dubinsky´s open net miss. Ellis robbed him, and Ducks scored 4-1 on the counter attack... A 3-2 game, as it should have been, would have changed the game, and I´m certain the Rangers would have tied the game 3-3.....

Dubinsky and Callahan was on the ice on ALL Ducks´ goals... -4 for both of them, -3 for Staal. Those ar ugly numbers....

TigerJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 01:51 AM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
so what are you going to do about it? You have said this a number of times, you are the coach it`s your job to change this and make it unacceptable.
Agreed. Some of his coaching moves are mind boggling. The dump and chase, having half teh team play behind the goal line etc.

He can't prevent the unlucky bounces/deflections though.

Old
03-10-2011, 02:01 AM
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

I got a real close look at the game tonight and it's clear there is a sense of self pity. Something is mentally wrong here. They acted so down, so angry at the ref, possibly scared of torts wrath. Players not talking to each other during breaks.

Only cally and dubi with fire in their eyes.

Whoot Whoot is offline   Reply With Quote