HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Player of the Game & The Good, The Bad, The Redden: Game #69 @ Anaheim Ducks

View Poll Results: Player of the Game: Game #69 @ Anaheim Ducks
Ryan Callahan 3 3.85%
Brandon Dubinsky 37 47.44%
Marian Gaborik 4 5.13%
Matt Gilroy 4 5.13%
Dan Girardi 0 0%
Henrik Lundqvist 2 2.56%
Ryan McDonagh 4 5.13%
Michael Sauer 2 2.56%
Marc Staal 0 0%
Mats Zuccarello 16 20.51%
Other 6 7.69%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-10-2011, 02:02 AM
mrhockey193195

vCash: 500
Just got back from the game. Not much to say. We played great until Anaheim's first goal. After that, there was practically nothing positive. We also played well for the last 3 minutes at the end of the 2nd.

mrhockey193195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 02:03 AM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

The Good: Dubinsky, Fowler not scoring which gives HFBoards peeps a 3 minute break from McLIrath bashing
The Bad: Flukey deflections, Wolski, Torts switching Anisimov and Boyle, McCabe
The Redden: Missing the nets

Other thoughts: Not a horrible game yet not a very good one. If they miss the playoffs this year, so be it, they'll end up with a high pick and have a shot at someone who can be a first liner. No one though Perry or Getzlaf would be this good? Why not a Huberdeau, Saad, Zibenajed, etc?

Also, when Koivu and Perry were running Henrik, I just thought to myself wouldn't it be nice if in 2-3 years instead of seeing that happen that McLirath is there to just beat the daylights out of anyone? Just saying.....

I'm not an Avery fan but he didn't get enough ice time. Wolski was invisible. Gaborik did his best Nedved impersonation and scored a goal at the wrong time. And I don't hate McCabe but his shot isn't what it used to be; it's lost some velocity. Unless he goes on a tear let him go and sign one Ehrhoff or Pitkannen in the offseason if Redden's money comes off the cap.

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 02:09 AM
trilobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Plains Batman View Post
The Good: Dubinsky, Fowler not scoring which gives HFBoards peeps a 3 minute break from McLIrath bashing
The Bad: Flukey deflections, Wolski, Torts switching Anisimov and Boyle, McCabe
The Redden: Missing the nets

Other thoughts: Not a horrible game yet not a very good one. If they miss the playoffs this year, so be it, they'll end up with a high pick and have a shot at someone who can be a first liner. No one though Perry or Getzlaf would be this good? Why not a Huberdeau, Saad, Zibenajed, etc?

Also, when Koivu and Perry were running Henrik, I just thought to myself wouldn't it be nice if in 2-3 years instead of seeing that happen that McLirath is there to just beat the daylights out of anyone? Just saying.....

I'm not an Avery fan but he didn't get enough ice time. Wolski was invisible. Gaborik did his best Nedved impersonation and scored a goal at the wrong time. And I don't hate McCabe but his shot isn't what it used to be; it's lost some velocity. Unless he goes on a tear let him go and sign one Ehrhoff or Pitkannen in the offseason if Redden's money comes off the cap.
I am an Avery fan and I don't think he got enough minutes either.
The team was beige tonight. They weren't the real Rangers.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 02:15 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

The last three land slide shutouts have been followed up with really flat losses.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 02:17 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Avery didnt get enough ice time because he was frikkin awful out there. he was a turnover machine, high risk plays that constantly burned us for chances against. I woulda sat him halfway through the first.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 02:20 AM
NYR1724

One of our worst games in a long, long time. Interested to see how they respond on Saturday since this team, at least in my opinion, always seems to be able to handle adversity.

NYR1724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 02:22 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

This team has played truly bad hockey for MAYBE 5 games this year, if that.

Tonight was one of those games. Every team lays an egg, we did so tonight, it just happened at an awful time of the year.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 02:26 AM
trilobyte

I guess Avery was the problem. My bad.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 02:28 AM
RyanBozak

Send a message via AIM to RyanBozak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
so what are you going to do about it? You have said this a number of times, you are the coach it`s your job to change this and make it unacceptable.
Except I don't pin this loss on the coach. Sure, if there was some game-plan, it might/might not have been executed but regardless, this game looked more like a mix between a typical 12:00 Sunday start and a bad regular start game. Don't like it.

RyanBozak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 02:52 AM
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

Honda center is a nice place for the record. Cheap tickets and nice and clean.

Whoot Whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 02:55 AM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
POTG: Zucc
The Good: Stepan, Sauer, McD, Gilroy
The Bad: Prospal, Boyle, Prust, Girardi, The Refs
The Redden: Missing open Nets and Hank getting outplayed by Dan Ellis.

Hank is too deep and doesn't react well to changes in direction. His puck handling skills are a major problem and Ellis showed that you can stop pucks that if they went in wouldn't have been your fault. I take offers in the offseason and move that salary. He's an average goalie. I know it hurts, but it's true.
Henrik has had an inconsistent year. But he's still a top 5 goalie in the league. He's a big game player. When it comes down to it, and he's locked in, there are very few who can match his focus and determination. I actually would venture to say that nobody can match his focus and desire to win when he's locked in. We saw it in the series against the Capitals that any mediocre team forward-wise would've easily taken. We've seen it in big games down the stretch. Henrik's stolen way more games than his team has picked him up and pulled out a win when he wasn't at his best. That's the thing. When Henrik isn't near perfect, or we don't come up with 7-goal-explosions, we have a very hard time winning games. That's the issue. Not Henrik Lundqvist.

And besides the point, Henrik doesn't have as much trade value as you may think. We would not get back nearly enough because no team wants to give up legitimate elite-level assets while committing 6.875 mil cap-hit to a goalie, even if he's Patrick Roy. And if they're not giving up elite-level assets, there's certainly not enough of a reason to move him. He's a leader on this team, and I'm confident in him. If this team gets its act together, (hopefully with Brad Richards), and the young core continues to progress, I have all the confidence in the world than Henke's gonna be the goalie to take us all the way. He's way more valuable to us. Lundqvist is the only true untouchable on this team. I'd even move Staal before him, for the right return, and Staal would have supreme trade value, unlike Lundqvist.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 03:12 AM
Glennsoe
Horndog

Hockey is sometimes a game of lucky bounces, goals and deflections...

We saw that first hand tonight...

Glennsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 03:23 AM
Selanne138

nice game guys, one save Dan Ellis pulled out of his ass changed the game, if that goes in 3-2, you have the mo, and honestly i think you win the game

Oh and RPG actually deciding to play today.

ANd if youre looking for a brightspot, Fowler was the second worst Ducks Dman, and has been for sometime (it is not possible to be worse at hockey than Lilja).

Selanne138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 03:29 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Did anyone else catch Wolski in the first period getting visibly pissed off by Torts taking his line off the ice after they forced a faceoff in the Ducks zone ? Gaborik line proceeded to lose the faceoff and the puck went immediately outside the zone.

Wouldn't have caught my attention except that line had a good shift and was not on very long before being pulled. Then when they got back out Wolski had a good scoring chance and his legs were going. Wolski was 2nd to Dubinsky in shots on goal for us. Torts gave him 12 minutes the whole game.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 04:07 AM
The Mouth

Rangers played a bad game. they couldnt solve perry, getzlaf and ryan all night. the deflections were frustrating but I have a feeling they would have lost anyway. They got outplayed

The Mouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 04:17 AM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisYearsModel View Post
Missing the playoffs would not be the worst thing. They aren't going anywhere anyway, and those of you with season tickets wont see a price increase.
I doubt that.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 05:21 AM
AdamGravesNight

Send a message via AIM to AdamGravesNight Send a message via Yahoo to AdamGravesNight
Our fearless leader (Cally) said it best tonight... The bounces go to the teams that work harder, and they weren't working hard enough tonight.

AdamGravesNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 06:00 AM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

I really have no idea what to expect from this team from game to game.

A couple of months ago, I at least knew they would have a chance to win any game. No more.

Very disappointing the way this season has devolved.

I only watched the first period, did Gaborik even show up?

Last edited by Blueshirt Special: 03-10-2011 at 06:02 AM. Reason: gab
Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 06:13 AM
AJRanger

Should I be glad I slept through this one? Sounds brutal.

AJRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 06:33 AM
Tony D63
Tortsless Rangers

good thing i fell asleep when it was 2-1..

Tony D63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 07:10 AM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan519 View Post
I'm beginning to think the playoffs are more than likely not happening this year.

We're gonna be mediocre for a long time.
LOl someone always always wants to translate one single loss into a prohection for the future of this organization.

Glad I didn't stay up for this...straight to delete on ther DVR it goes. Managed to last about 5 minutes after Dubs goal.

It was still 2-1 I thought I was gonna see 6-5 Ana for some reason.

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 07:28 AM
beastly115

LOL So glad I didn't waste my time staying up for this one.

Without even watching, I know the exact type of game they played. Won't be watching the SJ game either.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 07:32 AM
FOXHOUND*

I'm glad they felt so good getting on the plane for this trip, because when they get back on the plane Saturday night they are going to be coming back with zero points and the loss of their playoff spot. I wonder how they will feel then. Judging from tonights game I doubt they really give a ****. Just flip a coin before each game to see whether or not they will actually play on that night.

Here's another question, when was the last time this season the rangers came back from a 2 goal deficit and actually won? Isn't it sad that I knew the game was over after they scored that third goal last night?

FOXHOUND* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 07:36 AM
Miller Time NYR
Wrong^

Glaaaaaaaad I didnt stay up to watch this one. Keep on keepin on boys!

Miller Time NYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 08:19 AM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

I could've wasted my time playing COD instead of watching the Rangers

The Good: Marian Gaborik emerges from oblivion with a goal.

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote