HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Game Thead:NYR-CBJ

Closed Thread

Old
10-11-2003, 08:46 PM
#37-#93-#27*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust
They have been pathetic for the past 6 seasons (it will be 7 once this season is over).
Rangers management will never learn.

Oh hey and I thought the Rag$ D was supposed to be improved this season... what happened?
Now if the Rangers did make the playoffs which is a very real possibility still, should I expect you to come here and eat some crow?

Old
10-11-2003, 08:47 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru
Can anyone post the trivia question with the choices and the answer?

Thanks.
Which is the only team that has used fewer goaltenders then Columbus over the last 3 years?

I didn't catch the answer.

Old
10-11-2003, 09:45 PM
Dorthmall

Send a message via AIM to Dorthmall
I think the answer was Colorado with Roy and Aebisher.

Old
10-11-2003, 10:07 PM
Larry Melnyk

What surprises me is people seeing this as a surprise...LIndros is done,as a significant player, the 2nd line is horrible, there are no LWS, the team can't and won't play smart, the team can't and won't play defense, the defense is horrible and inconsistent, the 1st line is 1-dimensional, the golatending is unproven, and it'a already apparent that Sathers solution is to play Messier more....ANd now everybody, including Brooks, is adding the "they're slow"...

He's right..But that can easily be cured and at the same time help the team in other places....This team needs a healthy dose of youthful energy and enthusiasm on a steady basis..Add Keefe, Tjutin, Scott or Maybe Moore to the line-up, and do it now..It doesn't have to be all 4 every night---not that I would..And play them...Yes, these guys will make mistakes but they will learn and improve, and their energy can feed the other players...OTOH, I realize it is propbably best that htese guys remain as far away from the Ranger cesspool and Sather as possible, but this season needs saving....it's either that or the Life-force and minutes sucker Messier getting 20 mins a night (And I know he's been the least of the probs the past two nights)..

Old
10-11-2003, 11:55 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Come on, Messier really isn't the problem here (I know you said it Larry, but you were awfully quick to even bring up his name in the first place). In fact the oldest 4th line in hockey has played pretty decently all things considered. However, the same cannot be said for Holik and LaCouture (and Lundmark, who honestly, I've barely seen out there). Holik has been horrific and LaCouture as far as I can tell hasn't tried to hit anyone. Carter is running around aimlessly and Rucinsky must be somewhere, but damned if I noticed where. Lindros, well Lindros is Lindros either he'll wake up at some point and score some goals, or he won't--either way he's doesn't appear able to make a real impact. And Kovalev looks like he's hating every minute of it.

I don't even know if there is some way to fix any of this. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to switch Carter and Lundmark and I wouldn't hesitate to sit LaCouture in favor of Keefe. Heck, I haven't been thrilled with Simon, but as I said above, I don't think the 4th line is the problem. If our Fearless Leader wanted to be bold, I would bring up Moore and Tjutin and put both of them and Keefe in the lineup. However, given the play of most of the defense corp, I would be hard pressed to come up with a partner for Tjutin, much less 3 pairs of players that made sense.

Old
10-12-2003, 01:32 AM
riz

Wow...I'm glad I went out drinking and didn't listen to this game. Man...awful.

On the bright side, our younger players are picking it up. Petro had two goals and Zidlicky scored his career first....Hmmm, oh wait, they're not with the Rangers anymore...nevermind then.

Old
10-12-2003, 04:53 AM
Theoren Fan

Send a message via AIM to Theoren Fan
Here they are...Ladies and Gentleman, you're 2003 New York Mets!

Old
10-12-2003, 04:58 AM
Jim Ramsay

Why have Purinton paired with Kaspar, that is the worst d pairing I've seen in a while.... it only got worse when I saw them on the penalty kill. Purinton under no circumstances should be on the pk.

Old
10-12-2003, 08:14 AM
Larry Melnyk

Brooklyn

I brought up Messier's name quickly because Sather quickly upped Messier's ice time as a solution to the mess of a team...Not that he didn't earn it by merit relative to the other horses arses..But It's not the answer by any stretch of the imagination...Although, like you, I don't know if there is one....But the best shot is to bring in some youthful energy and enthusiasm and play it....And keep Messier as a 10-12 min 4th line C...JMO...

OH, and putting Barnaby back with Mr. talk the talk but can't walk the walk Holik might help also...Man, I can't beleive how wrong on that guy I was...

Old
10-12-2003, 09:14 AM
Potter

Send a message via AIM to Potter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
I brought up Messier's name quickly because Sather quickly upped Messier's ice time as a solution to the mess of a team...Not that he didn't earn it by merit relative to the other horses arses..But It's not the answer by any stretch of the imagination...Although, like you, I don't know if there is one....But the best shot is to bring in some youthful energy and enthusiasm and play it....And keep Messier as a 10-12 min 4th line C...JMO...

OH, and putting Barnaby back with Mr. talk the talk but can't walk the walk Holik might help also...Man, I can't beleive how wrong on that guy I was...
larry we were all shocked by that one. guys i can only listen on the comp down here so i have no idea whats wrong.

but ill tell you this, as you noticed i was very quiet this off season cause i've gotten excited every off season with all the signings, articles, quotes with coaches preaching "systems" and "hustle" and "defense" and all the other terms they have basically turned into buzz words in hockey. nothing matters but the W and until i start seeing that i wont get excited at all.

Old
10-12-2003, 09:46 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
Now if the Rangers did make the playoffs which is a very real possibility still, should I expect you to come here and eat some crow?

You wouldn't have to worry about me coming back because the Rangers won't be making the playoffs.

Old
10-12-2003, 11:33 AM
sickboy35

Quote:

You wouldn't have to worry about me coming back because the Rangers won't be making the playoffs.

good get the eff out of here d!ckhead! we don't need idiots like you coming on here telling us our teams problems! hit the bricks!!

Old
10-12-2003, 11:44 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:

It's two games genius. And two games do not a season make.

10-12-2003, 11:46 AM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

No way are we this bad.

Someone please reassure me.

Old
10-12-2003, 11:57 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by klingsor
No way are we this bad.

I think it's two games and we, as Ranger fans, are skeptical, cynical, and tired or losing.

I think it can only get better.

Old
10-12-2003, 12:03 PM
Theoren Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by klingsor
No way are we this bad.

I assure you, this team has alot of hustle and jump, unfortunately ran into a hot goalie(s). But not to be easily mistaken, there's a different feeling around here. Players came to camp in shape. It's a more positive feel around here..its in the air. All combined, this team must have lost 300+ pounds in body fat. Everybody has the right attitude, the right tools, and a new and likely right system that's going to change the way Rangers hockey is played for the better. Make no mistake about it there's a hint of dedication in the air, and everyone's sniffin'. This team has the right stuff to go straight to the cup, and if there was a beyond, we'd be there too.

So again, I assure you..this team is likely awesome

Old
10-12-2003, 12:54 PM
JCProdigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo Fan
I assure you, this team has alot of hustle and jump, unfortunately ran into a hot goalie(s). But not to be easily mistaken, there's a different feeling around here. Players came to camp in shape. It's a more positive feel around here..its in the air. All combined, this team must have lost 300+ pounds in body fat. Everybody has the right attitude, the right tools, and a new and likely right system that's going to change the way Rangers hockey is played for the better. Make no mistake about it there's a hint of dedication in the air, and everyone's sniffin'. This team has the right stuff to go straight to the cup, and if there was a beyond, we'd be there too.

Best post ever....Sather? that you?

Old
10-12-2003, 01:27 PM
Edge

theo fan, you got my half tempted to scout and recruit you for my public relations/marketing firm.

Old
10-12-2003, 02:02 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

I never new losing weight correlated with a successful season.
Maybe in the mind of Rangers fans.
Seven years of frustration... and counting...
Sucks being you guys.

Old
10-12-2003, 02:06 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Stop trolling. You get banned for trolling, I hope the moderators see this.

Old
10-12-2003, 02:15 PM
Fletch

Glad I missed the entire game...

11 times shorthanded? 3 times with the man advantage? Not too many games will be won with that type of discipline. Good thing they don't play until Thursday. Eesh.

Old
10-12-2003, 02:31 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo Fan

I hope I have that same dream tonight.

Old
10-12-2003, 03:58 PM
Servo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
Carter is running around aimlessly and Rucinsky must be somewhere, but damned if I noticed where.
Did you check the penalty box? Many a Ranger, Martin included, could be found there last night.

Old
10-12-2003, 04:22 PM
Theoren Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
theo fan, you got my half tempted to scout and recruit you for my public relations/marketing firm.
Yeah, Bobby Clark ain't got nothin on this.

Old
10-13-2003, 03:33 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
I think it's two games and we, as Ranger fans, are skeptical, cynical, and tired or losing.

I think it can only get better.
It's not the fact that we lost these games, it's the way they were lost. Lack of discipline, no game strategy, inability to kill penalties. Tell me what indications you have that Sather will soon find the answers to these problems that have eluded him for 3+ years.

Stat of the night. Mark Messier TOI: 16:09. Compare to Holik @ 15:28 and Lindros @ 15:17. It doesn't matter what you think about the play of Bobby and Eric, if Messier is logging 2nd line ice time, the season is over.

I really can't express my feelings about Malakhov, Mironov and Kaparitis in words. I'm looking back at Rich Pilon on a broken foot with fond memories right now.

And Melnyk, I'm not the least bit surprised. Is anyone?

Closed Thread