HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs fans protest ideas against NHL *Check OP* (Protest at Bell Centre on Tuesday)

View Poll Results: Are you attending this rally?
Yes 7 5.79%
No 97 80.17%
No, but I support it 17 14.05%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
03-10-2011, 08:53 AM
roy munson

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenIceHit View Post
For those who says that we are not strong enough to change things, that we don't have what it takes. I just want to demonstrate how influential the Canadian teams SHOULD be if it wasn't for this Bettman Clown League. The Montreal Canadiens alone have an average TV audience of almost 1,000,000 viewers per game. And I'm not talking about the other canadian teams. Look at the TV audience in the US (at the bottom of the page) :

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/J...L-ratings.aspx

The highest is the Penguins with 100,000 and the lowests are real jokes with 3,000 in Florida, 6,000 in Atlanta, 9,000 in Pheonix and so on. The Montreal Canadiens alone has almost as much as the 24 US teams altogether.

So we have to keep our mouths shut? We should let Bettman continue to ruin this league? We should let them change the game to accomodate the Americans? NO! That's our game and we should manage it our way. We shoud not let these corrupted blood thisty people destroy it. Let's be representative and give the game to the people who deserves it and know what the game is all about.

Look at this article and tell me this league is not a joke :

http://www.nesn.com/2011/02/florida-...ns-and-in.html

We have to support **** like that? We have to share our revenue for them? We are in the same category as Doodlebops?

NHL's gone too far. Let's show them where the money is.
According to most of the other teams' fans, yes we should. As for the rest of your post, I'm sure the league knows very well where the money is, that's why I can't wait to see how it all unfolds.

Old
03-10-2011, 08:54 AM
onice

I think we should pick a home game 3, 4 weeks away and boycott it. I know not everyone will stay away but can you imagine the Bell Center half empty. That will send a message to Bettman & the league and the Molsons also.

Forfeiting a game would only cost us in the standings.

Old
03-10-2011, 08:56 AM
Top Corner2

Please let me know when you have a facebook page with all this info so we can send it to all the people who aren't hockey geeks...but are still pissed with the nhl for this....

Colin Cambell being head of discipline in a league where his son plays for one of the teams is a HUGE conflict of interest and any league that let's this happen is a joke. Completely unprofessional.

Old
03-10-2011, 08:57 AM
Sizmos

Demonstration in front of NHL offices in Montreal

Hi,
I still do believe the NHL has offices in Montreal. They are located in the Place Montreal Trust building at :1800 rue McGill College. Someone should rally the troops and hold a demonstartion in front of the NHL offices in Montreal. Maybe when they see the number of people, they will decide to change their rulling on the Chara incident.

Just a thought,

Old
03-10-2011, 08:58 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

I feel for Max and what he has to go through, and I share the opinion that this league is total crap and I appreciate the effort as much as anyone, but....

We're getting screwed daily to the grave by banks and government, money created out of nothing, then called debt and then interest added to it, which in itself is a self-defeating system, because you'll always have to create money to repay the debt, and with the interest added, it becomes impossible to repay the "debt". This is the most absurd aspect of our so-called civilized world. It is central to almost any problem we face on the entire planet.

And this is where you decide to spread your dissent?

HD Thoreau said it best :

"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root."

Old
03-10-2011, 08:58 AM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treal View Post
As Habs fans, just don't show up at the Bell Centre whenever the next Montreal-Boston in Montreal happens. Let the two teams play in an empty arena. Obviously that would never happen but what a sight that would be.
I like.

Old
03-10-2011, 09:01 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
In another thread on our board, we have EMAIL address of companies like Air Canada, Tim Hortons, Bell, Molson, etc which sponsor the NHL. We also have some EMAIL content template. We starts to send EMAIL to these companies asking them to cut ties with the NHL and we will also start to boycott their product. This is where you hurt the NHL: cut its money supply. I encourage all Habs' fans and any fans who want to see a lees violent NHL to send EMAIL to these companies.
Where is that post? It should be front and center somewhere, easy to find...

Old
03-10-2011, 09:02 AM
Spy
resU deretsigeR

So you think it would affect the NHL if you stop buying from a sponsor? Wow. Great logic. I work for Reebok-CCM. If you stop buying their products it's not the NHL you will hurt, it's us, the employees. If Reebok can't sustain a good quality product due to lack of revenue, the NHL will just turn around and sign their next contract with Nike instead.

Stupid idea.

Old
03-10-2011, 09:02 AM
Bullsmith

This is the way to get the NHL to take notice. Loud facebook groups and polite but firm snail mail letters to the sponsors are by far our best shot at getting the NHL to change course. But I'm so ****ing mad at Bettmen, Campbell and Mr. "We can see no attempt to injure in the footage of Chara driving his head into a glass stanchion. It's a solid hockey play" Mike whatever-his-name-is that I'd really like to send them angry letters. I'm a former season ticket holder who has gone to multiple games every year for over twenty-five years and I'm MAD. I have row BB tix for the home closer and I'd like to bring some "NHL UNFIT FOR CHILDREN" and "NHL A GOON LEAGUE" signs.

First though, I'd like to write the NHL's braintrust some angry letters. Can anyone post the right mailing address for that?

Old
03-10-2011, 09:03 AM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patccmoi View Post
Is what I just posted good for it? I also PMed overlords.

Also, as a mod, would it be considered as spamming or anything if I put a post in various other team boards regarding this? This is far bigger imo than the Pacioretty-Chara incident, and Air Canada's threat gives us a unique opportunity to act.
Yeah, it would probably be considered spamming.

You could probably post it on the main forum, if you wanted, but change up your post a little so its not identical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanadyens View Post
So you think it would affect the NHL if you stop buying from a sponsor? Wow. Great logic. I work for Reebok-CCM. If you stop buying their products it's not the NHL you will hurt, it's us, the employees. If Reebok can't sustain a good quality product due to lack of revenue, the NHL will just turn around and sign their next contract with Nike instead.

Stupid idea.
I agree.

I'm more of the "e-mail them to tell them how you feel about the NHL Sponsorship" type person. Threatening their company isn't going to make them like you or what you stand for. Nor it's employess. Nor its supporters.

Sending a nicely-worded e-mail stating how you feel about the Chara hit (and headshots in general) as well as citing the Air Canada notice, etc. I think that would be sufficient.

I would take out the threats about "losing me as a customer." And I wouldn't even ask them to withdraw their sponsorship. If they said something similar to what Air Canada did, I'm a happy person.

Old
03-10-2011, 09:04 AM
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

Awards:
Quote:

Stupid idea.
And then fans will stop buying Nike, and start buying RBK.

Old
03-10-2011, 09:04 AM
Bullsmith

Quote:

Stupid idea.
The idea is to write Reebok and explain you're boycotting them as a sponsor of the NHL. They in turn, if they get enough of that kind of feedback, will want the NHL to clean up their act. Look how many products dumped Tiger Woods when he behaved like scum. The NHL is behaving like scum, and smart companies shouldn't want their brand tarnished by association. That's a perfectly clear corporate message.

Agreed though, just stopping to buy Reebok without notifying them why isn't going to affect much.

Old
03-10-2011, 09:05 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Here's one thing that could send a real wake-up call to the NHL....

Stop going to games in other arenas of the NHL.

Old
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
And then fans will stop buying Nike, and start buying RBK.
That's why I always buy Puma

Old
JustAHabFan

Quote:

Stupid idea.
We send EMAIL to these companies threatening them first. The idea is that the NHL is now projected a violent image and if these companies continue to sponsor the NHL then we will boycott them.

Old
Patccmoi

Quote:

Stupid idea.
Honestly, no. The NHL is not in a position to lose any sponsor right now, financially they're far from the NFL.

If they feel that they have a risk of losing some, they will act. The owners will put pressure on the leaders, and things will move quickly. They won't let this happen, but if the sponsors don't feel any pressure themselves then they won't pressure the NHL, because it's so much easier to do nothing.

I don't see how this could degenerate to the point where employees of a company get affected honestly, they just won't let it get there.

Old
03-10-2011, 09:12 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Is what I just posted good for it? I also PMed overlords.

Also, as a mod, would it be considered as spamming or anything if I put a post in various other team boards regarding this? This is far bigger imo than the Pacioretty-Chara incident, and Air Canada's threat gives us a unique opportunity to act.
I'd say just keep it to the General forums, not the forums of other teams.

Those companies are actually all so easy to boycott, that's the funny part. It's not even tough. Boycott McDonalds? Cool. Gatorade? Will drink a different brand.

Just look to whoever their direct competitor is and start giving them your money for a couple months.

Another thing you can do is make a boycott website, you post boycott stickers outside around their establishments but off the property, and the website contains all the details.

Old
03-10-2011, 09:14 AM
Top Corner2

Quote:
Honestly, no. The NHL is not in a position to lose any sponsor right now, financially they're far from the NFL.

If they feel that they have a risk of losing some, they will act. The owners will put pressure on the leaders, and things will move quickly. They won't let this happen, but if the sponsors don't feel any pressure themselves then they won't pressure the NHL, because it's so much easier to do nothing.

I don't see how this could degenerate to the point where employees of a company get affected honestly, they just won't let it get there.
Agreed. If they Lose Reebok....how much is Nike going to pay?? A lot less.....so they don't want to lose any.

Here is a facebook page for a demonstration:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=195628350459031

We still need a facebook page for the boycott

Old
03-10-2011, 09:14 AM
Andy

The Habs fan market is very big. It would be a big loss for a company if the majority of habs fans would boycott.

Old
03-10-2011, 09:15 AM
Top Corner2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Reebok would probably be the best target since they are heavily associated with the nhl.

What do you want written in the facebook write up?

I'm a very good writer when its time to write serious stuff, I don't mind doing one.
Hey Koseegin are you on this or should someone else do it?

Old
neofury*

Quote:

Stupid idea.
It's all about business ethics though. You think Nike is going to want to turn around and sign with the NHL right after they basically were a cancer to their former sponsors revenue?

Yeah I can just see Nike doing that. Reebok just lost x amount this quarter and was dropped by the NHL, the league that caused them to lose all this money due to an NHL related boycott. Now we're going to jump on board and get boycotted equally and just hope for the best!

The NHL would buckle under the pressure long before dropping Reebok or vice versa, and they'd at the very minimum address the overall issue, the Chara-Pacioretty issue is 99.999999% a done deal. Maybe if they took it to court it would be another story.

Old
HF-Addict

Agree definetely boycotting products until they follow suit like air canada. Im looking at you molson!

Old
03-10-2011, 09:17 AM
25th

to be efficient, we have to pick one and gatorade seems the easy target here. Even retail store could stop selling it. THat could get things moving.

Old
03-10-2011, 09:18 AM
Megaforce

Chara will be pushing the puck for the San Jose Sharks next season. No way he stays in our division with that sorta heat on him here.

Old
03-10-2011, 09:18 AM
Capitano

Quote:
Originally Posted by NerdAtTheCoolTable View Post
I agree with this. Don't forfeit, I'd rather see the Habs to destroy them on the scoreboard on their own ice.
We did that last game and still lost in the end. I would not play that game...there is nothing to gain but 2 points. If the habs play that game and get revenge on Chara then they will be punished severely, but the Bruins have already showed their true colours and I will not risk Subban or whoever else they will target...because they will...no matter what the score is.

Closed Thread