HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs fans protest ideas against NHL *Check OP* (Protest at Bell Centre on Tuesday)

View Poll Results: Are you attending this rally?
Yes 7 5.79%
No 97 80.17%
No, but I support it 17 14.05%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
03-10-2011, 08:20 AM
76ftw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanadyens View Post
So you think it would affect the NHL if you stop buying from a sponsor? Wow. Great logic. I work for Reebok-CCM. If you stop buying their products it's not the NHL you will hurt, it's us, the employees. If Reebok can't sustain a good quality product due to lack of revenue, the NHL will just turn around and sign their next contract with Nike instead.

Stupid idea.
just so you know, if a company wants an employee gone, they're gone, they'll find a reason. Though I do agree that this wouldn't effect the NHL at all...

Old
03-10-2011, 08:21 AM
impudent_lowlife

vCash: 500
This is a great beginning. I own a small numbered corporation and when I receive complaints, suggestions and/or recommendations I definately pay attention to the content. If the corporations listed are inundated with emails not just today but on an ongoing basis then they might just listen. I know that they will definately listen if their sales drop and don't recover. Hit the sponsor corporations and the NHL where it hurts, then they might listen.

Old
03-10-2011, 08:22 AM
NHLcrazy

Not really a protest idea but we should vote Pacioretty the 1st star of every home game remaining...

Old
03-10-2011, 08:23 AM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Corner2 View Post
Hey Koseegin are you on this or should someone else do it?
Yah man totally, let me know in two sentences your purpose and who you are targetting and I'll do a write up on my phone and post it here,(I'm leaving for school in 2 minutes, but I have internet on my phone so I can still post here).

Old
03-10-2011, 08:23 AM
Patccmoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76ftw View Post
just so you know, if a company wants an employee gone, they're gone, they'll find a reason. Though I do agree that this wouldn't effect the NHL at all...
If it's made clear to the sponsors that they are being boycotted BECAUSE of their NHL sponsorship, it will very quickly affect the NHL, trust me...

Old
03-10-2011, 08:24 AM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

I already don't support Canadian Tire

Old
03-10-2011, 08:25 AM
Top Corner2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Yah man totally, let me know in two sentences your purpose and who you are targetting and I'll do a write up on my phone and post it here,(I'm leaving for school in 2 minutes, but I have internet on my phone so I can still post here).
cool I posted it earlier on page 1 can you make a FB event page?

Old
03-10-2011, 08:28 AM
25th

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHCl3 View Post
Just going out for warmups with every player wearing a Pacioretty jersey would make quite a big impression.

Not sure the league would be thrilled with that.
(And that's the point.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLcrazy View Post
Not really a protest idea but we should vote Pacioretty the 1st star of every home game remaining...
Great idea! Let's do it!

Old
03-10-2011, 08:29 AM
HomaridII

FYI

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews//20110310/...oretty-110310/

Old
03-10-2011, 08:34 AM
The Right Price

Hell no do we forfeit anything.

We'll beat them by playing hockey. Period.

Old
03-10-2011, 08:36 AM
neofury*

Quote:
cool I posted it earlier on page 1 can you make a FB event page?
Am I the only HF person who has 50 per page setup? I find it makes life easier

Whenever people say page one on say post #35 I always take a double take for a sec

Old
03-10-2011, 08:40 AM
TeeOhSux*

How about we get the Nordique Nation to help out aswell...habs fans + nordique nation show up at the Bell Center before a home game and protest.

We could hand out free tshirts or cheap posters that fans with tickets can wear/show during the game...

If someone could start a facebook page for that, could really be a good idea!

Old
03-10-2011, 08:43 AM
ILuvLucic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
and never see Patches play hockey again. I think his life is more important right now then us beating boston, couldn't care less about the game in 2 weeks or the playoffs. We have been beating them for 100 years, we don't have anything to prove especially to them
Erik Cole has been back playing.

Old
03-10-2011, 08:43 AM
impudent_lowlife

One person that I'd add to the contact list on page 1 is Ken Dryden:

http://kendryden.liberal.ca/

In Ottawa:
Email: dryden.k@parl.gc.ca
Phone: 613.941.6339
Fax: 613.941.2421
Mailing Address: House of Commons
Ottawa ON K1A 0A6

In Toronto:
Email: dryden.k@parl.gc.ca
Phone: 416.638.3700
Fax: 416.638.1407
Address: 1030 Sheppard Ave. W, Unit 3A
Toronto, ON M3H 2T6

Last edited by impudent_lowlife: 03-10-2011 at 08:43 AM. Reason: spelling
Old
03-10-2011, 08:45 AM
Habs Man

Quote:
Hey Koseegin are yu on this or should someone else do it?
Facebook Group Made!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=...69192216464911

Add yourselves to the group, it's completely open.

Old
03-10-2011, 08:47 AM
Canadian_Brewtality

lets take a deep breathe here....

Old
03-10-2011, 08:49 AM
Top Corner2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Man View Post
Facebook Group Made!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=...69192216464911

Add yourselves to the group, it's completely open.
can you make this an open group?

How do we invite people to this?

GREAT!!!! LETS ALL ADD THIS!!!

Can someone translate this? also....

Old
03-10-2011, 08:51 AM
Habs Man

Quote:
can you make this an open group?

How do we invite people to this?

GREAT!!!! LETS ALL ADD THIS!!!

Can someone translate this? also....
I've made it open!

Just add people to the group or post it to your profile!

Great idea on the translation.

Old
03-10-2011, 08:56 AM
RushDP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanadyens View Post
So you think it would affect the NHL if you stop buying from a sponsor? Wow. Great logic. I work for Reebok-CCM. If you stop buying their products it's not the NHL you will hurt, it's us, the employees. If Reebok can't sustain a good quality product due to lack of revenue, the NHL will just turn around and sign their next contract with Nike instead.

Stupid idea.
I disagree.

The NHL is a fourth rate regional sport and sponsorship is hard to come by. They have a minor TV deal with versus in the US because they couldn't draw interest from ESPN for a good deal.

If Reebok failed through consumer disinterest the entire industry would review their association with that league. It's not like the deal is lucrative to the point there are 4 companies bidding to be exclusive. I'd be surprised to hear anybody but Reebok placed an interesting bid and that only because Crosby is their boy. In fact, Reebok should be leading the charge precisely because their poster boy is out because of this kind of crap. It's not just Patches, there are too many of these acts without justice in the game.

Old
03-10-2011, 08:58 AM
Andy

Here you boys ...this my write up. Feel free to add to it. I'm going to be in the metro soon and in class today so I cannot start the fb group.

On March 9th 2011, the NHL had the chance to make a statement in regards to the safety of its players; however, with its decision in regards to the Max Pacioretty-Zdeno Chara incident, the nhl chose to preserve the status quo. The decision made by league's head officials is inexcusable. The hit given by the 6'9 defensemen was dangerous and reckless and fortunately, the damage caused by it was not life threatening. The purpose of the following is not to pass judgement on the intentional or accidental nature of the hit. Rather, our disappointment is aimed at the inconsistencies of the league officials in handing out suspensions in regards to dangerous plays. The league bases the majority of its suspensions on the consequences of an on-ice incident, yet it felt that somehow what happened to Max Pacioretty was an exception. Chara committed interference on Pacioretty which is an illegal play and not a "hockey play" like the league's officials maintain. This illegal play has resulted in the serious injury of a young hockey player.

Thus, our purpose is to band together as hockey fans in order to force the league to pay more attention to the safety of its players. The league failed in sending a message to the players and therefore failed to deter further incidents of similar nature. In order to demonstrate our dissatisfaction with the decision we ask that you aid in boycotting key NHL sponsors. Our first targets will be Reebok and Gatorade. Please show your support by refraining from buying these products. If you need to purchase a product that they offer, remember that they have rival companies who offer similar products. It is the only way to make a difference.

Therefore join with us in promoting player safety and consistency in league discipline.

Old
03-10-2011, 09:14 AM
Taylorzzz

What will you do?

First off.. Moderators, I hope this thread can stand on its own but I understand if it has to be merged.

This is our chance as fans of not only the Montreal Canadiens but fans of the game that we love so very much. This is for all of us who have kids playing minor hockey, this is for all those that have already had a career end or drastically altered.

I want to know what you are going to do to make a difference. I want to see this thread filled with actions you have taken to show the NHL that we the fans will not tolerate their ignorance any longer. Anyone can come on these boards and complain about the injustice in the NHL but how many of you can honestly say that you have done something, anything, to make a difference?

My friend, who is a Boston fan, thinks I need to "take a break", yet he still complains about other players that have suffered similar hits with little or no consequence. When I ask what heís done about it..... Silence. Silence will not get anything done. Silence shows the league you support their actions (or non-actions if you will). Silence will lead to more career threatening injuries. Funny thing is, he has a nephew in minor hockey and a son that will surely play hockey and yet he thinks I need to take a break. I will not take a break.

I have begun writing letters to the sponsors of the Montreal Canadiens and the NHL, Tim Hortonís, Air Canada, Molson-Coors, and Bell to name a few. Also, I have 3 tickets to see the Detroit Red Wings play against Vancouver on March 23rd. This was supposed to be my sonsí first NHL experience. I cannot in good conscious allow him to attend an NHL game knowing how the league refuses to let events like this happen with no corrective action. We will be going to the arena, and leaving 3 white t-shirts on our seats with #67 on them in protest.

This is what I am doing so far.

What are you going to do?

GO HABS GO!

Old
03-10-2011, 09:25 AM
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod

OP and title has been updated with the information sent to me.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
Old
03-10-2011, 09:29 AM
Habs Man

THE OFFICIAL - BOYCOTT ALL NHL SPONSORS GROUP

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=...216464911&ap=1

Old
03-10-2011, 09:35 AM
Souvenirs

Quote:
Originally Posted by StGagnkos View Post
To forfeit a game would be dumb.

The NHL has already said the in-game penalty was enough punishment for Chara. To be honest MaxPac was a little at fault too. I don't understand why forwards are constantly keeping there head down and not looking for that big hit coming in. Yeah it was delayed and he got rid of the puck already. But MaxPac's head was looking down the entire time while in center ice!

Personally i think the NHL handled the situation accordingly. Chara never demonstrated the intention to knock the guy into the cross bar like that. And i'm sure Chara "feels really bad" about it.

Point being. Move on. Regroup and secure that play off spot. I wanna see a philly/habs rematch.
I think shoving Pacioretty's head in the turnbuckle demonstrates quite well that Pax is not to blame and Chara DID intend to knock him into the turnbuckle, since he did.

Old
03-10-2011, 09:37 AM
Souvenirs

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick9 View Post
Definitely forfeit the next game against Boston. It's the right thing to do.

For your viewing pleasure....sort of a Patches highlight clip, enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-onQT...layer_embedded
How does it feel to be brainless?

Closed Thread