HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs fans protest ideas against NHL *Check OP* (Protest at Bell Centre on Tuesday)

View Poll Results: Are you attending this rally?
Yes 7 5.79%
No 97 80.17%
No, but I support it 17 14.05%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-10-2011, 08:20 AM
  #326
76ftw
24
 
76ftw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,708
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanadyens View Post
So you think it would affect the NHL if you stop buying from a sponsor? Wow. Great logic. I work for Reebok-CCM. If you stop buying their products it's not the NHL you will hurt, it's us, the employees. If Reebok can't sustain a good quality product due to lack of revenue, the NHL will just turn around and sign their next contract with Nike instead.

Stupid idea.
just so you know, if a company wants an employee gone, they're gone, they'll find a reason. Though I do agree that this wouldn't effect the NHL at all...

76ftw is online now  
Old
03-10-2011, 08:21 AM
  #327
impudent_lowlife
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Country: Japan
Posts: 782
vCash: 500
This is a great beginning. I own a small numbered corporation and when I receive complaints, suggestions and/or recommendations I definately pay attention to the content. If the corporations listed are inundated with emails not just today but on an ongoing basis then they might just listen. I know that they will definately listen if their sales drop and don't recover. Hit the sponsor corporations and the NHL where it hurts, then they might listen.

impudent_lowlife is offline  
Old
03-10-2011, 08:22 AM
  #328
NHLcrazy
Registered User
 
NHLcrazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,857
vCash: 500
Not really a protest idea but we should vote Pacioretty the 1st star of every home game remaining...

NHLcrazy is offline  
Old
03-10-2011, 08:23 AM
  #329
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,718
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Corner2 View Post
Hey Koseegin are you on this or should someone else do it?
Yah man totally, let me know in two sentences your purpose and who you are targetting and I'll do a write up on my phone and post it here,(I'm leaving for school in 2 minutes, but I have internet on my phone so I can still post here).

Andy is online now  
Old
03-10-2011, 08:23 AM
  #330
Patccmoi
Registered User
 
Patccmoi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 979
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 76ftw View Post
just so you know, if a company wants an employee gone, they're gone, they'll find a reason. Though I do agree that this wouldn't effect the NHL at all...
If it's made clear to the sponsors that they are being boycotted BECAUSE of their NHL sponsorship, it will very quickly affect the NHL, trust me...

Patccmoi is offline  
Old
03-10-2011, 08:24 AM
  #331
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby
 
RoyBoyCoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lennoxville, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,090
vCash: 500
I already don't support Canadian Tire

RoyBoyCoy is offline  
Old
03-10-2011, 08:25 AM
  #332
Top Corner2
Registered User
 
Top Corner2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,501
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Yah man totally, let me know in two sentences your purpose and who you are targetting and I'll do a write up on my phone and post it here,(I'm leaving for school in 2 minutes, but I have internet on my phone so I can still post here).
cool I posted it earlier on page 1 can you make a FB event page?

Top Corner2 is online now  
Old
03-10-2011, 08:28 AM
  #333
25th
Registered User
 
25th's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Aylmer beach, Qc
Posts: 798
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHCl3 View Post
Just going out for warmups with every player wearing a Pacioretty jersey would make quite a big impression.

Not sure the league would be thrilled with that.
(And that's the point.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLcrazy View Post
Not really a protest idea but we should vote Pacioretty the 1st star of every home game remaining...
Great idea! Let's do it!

25th is offline  
Old
03-10-2011, 08:29 AM
  #334
HomaridII
Registered User
 
HomaridII's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Montreal, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,615
vCash: 500
FYI

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews//20110310/...oretty-110310/

HomaridII is offline  
Old
03-10-2011, 08:34 AM
  #335
The Right Price
Registered User
 
The Right Price's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Iceland
Posts: 1,073
vCash: 500
Hell no do we forfeit anything.

We'll beat them by playing hockey. Period.

The Right Price is offline  
Old
03-10-2011, 08:36 AM
  #336
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Corner2 View Post
cool I posted it earlier on page 1 can you make a FB event page?
Am I the only HF person who has 50 per page setup? I find it makes life easier

Whenever people say page one on say post #35 I always take a double take for a sec

neofury* is offline  
Old
03-10-2011, 08:40 AM
  #337
TeeOhSux*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1
vCash: 500
How about we get the Nordique Nation to help out aswell...habs fans + nordique nation show up at the Bell Center before a home game and protest.

We could hand out free tshirts or cheap posters that fans with tickets can wear/show during the game...

If someone could start a facebook page for that, could really be a good idea!

TeeOhSux* is offline  
Old
03-10-2011, 08:43 AM
  #338
ILuvLucic*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Location Location
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,923
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
and never see Patches play hockey again. I think his life is more important right now then us beating boston, couldn't care less about the game in 2 weeks or the playoffs. We have been beating them for 100 years, we don't have anything to prove especially to them
Erik Cole has been back playing.

ILuvLucic* is offline  
Old
03-10-2011, 08:43 AM
  #339
impudent_lowlife
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Country: Japan
Posts: 782
vCash: 500
One person that I'd add to the contact list on page 1 is Ken Dryden:

http://kendryden.liberal.ca/

In Ottawa:
Email: dryden.k@parl.gc.ca
Phone: 613.941.6339
Fax: 613.941.2421
Mailing Address: House of Commons
Ottawa ON K1A 0A6

In Toronto:
Email: dryden.k@parl.gc.ca
Phone: 416.638.3700
Fax: 416.638.1407
Address: 1030 Sheppard Ave. W, Unit 3A
Toronto, ON M3H 2T6


Last edited by impudent_lowlife: 03-10-2011 at 08:43 AM. Reason: spelling
impudent_lowlife is offline  
Old
03-10-2011, 08:45 AM
  #340
Habs Man
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 279
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Corner2 View Post
Hey Koseegin are yu on this or should someone else do it?
Facebook Group Made!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=...69192216464911

Add yourselves to the group, it's completely open.

Habs Man is offline  
Old
03-10-2011, 08:47 AM
  #341
Canadian_Brewtality
Registered User
 
Canadian_Brewtality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,794
vCash: 500
lets take a deep breathe here....

Canadian_Brewtality is offline  
Old
03-10-2011, 08:49 AM
  #342
Top Corner2
Registered User
 
Top Corner2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,501
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Man View Post
Facebook Group Made!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=...69192216464911

Add yourselves to the group, it's completely open.
can you make this an open group?

How do we invite people to this?

GREAT!!!! LETS ALL ADD THIS!!!

Can someone translate this? also....

Top Corner2 is online now  
Old
03-10-2011, 08:51 AM
  #343
Habs Man
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 279
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Corner2 View Post
can you make this an open group?

How do we invite people to this?

GREAT!!!! LETS ALL ADD THIS!!!

Can someone translate this? also....
I've made it open!

Just add people to the group or post it to your profile!

Great idea on the translation.

Habs Man is offline  
Old
03-10-2011, 08:56 AM
  #344
RushDP
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanadyens View Post
So you think it would affect the NHL if you stop buying from a sponsor? Wow. Great logic. I work for Reebok-CCM. If you stop buying their products it's not the NHL you will hurt, it's us, the employees. If Reebok can't sustain a good quality product due to lack of revenue, the NHL will just turn around and sign their next contract with Nike instead.

Stupid idea.
I disagree.

The NHL is a fourth rate regional sport and sponsorship is hard to come by. They have a minor TV deal with versus in the US because they couldn't draw interest from ESPN for a good deal.

If Reebok failed through consumer disinterest the entire industry would review their association with that league. It's not like the deal is lucrative to the point there are 4 companies bidding to be exclusive. I'd be surprised to hear anybody but Reebok placed an interesting bid and that only because Crosby is their boy. In fact, Reebok should be leading the charge precisely because their poster boy is out because of this kind of crap. It's not just Patches, there are too many of these acts without justice in the game.

RushDP is offline  
Old
03-10-2011, 08:58 AM
  #345
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,718
vCash: 500
Here you boys ...this my write up. Feel free to add to it. I'm going to be in the metro soon and in class today so I cannot start the fb group.


On March 9th 2011, the NHL had the chance to make a statement in regards to the safety of its players; however, with its decision in regards to the Max Pacioretty-Zdeno Chara incident, the nhl chose to preserve the status quo. The decision made by league's head officials is inexcusable. The hit given by the 6'9 defensemen was dangerous and reckless and fortunately, the damage caused by it was not life threatening. The purpose of the following is not to pass judgement on the intentional or accidental nature of the hit. Rather, our disappointment is aimed at the inconsistencies of the league officials in handing out suspensions in regards to dangerous plays. The league bases the majority of its suspensions on the consequences of an on-ice incident, yet it felt that somehow what happened to Max Pacioretty was an exception. Chara committed interference on Pacioretty which is an illegal play and not a "hockey play" like the league's officials maintain. This illegal play has resulted in the serious injury of a young hockey player.

Thus, our purpose is to band together as hockey fans in order to force the league to pay more attention to the safety of its players. The league failed in sending a message to the players and therefore failed to deter further incidents of similar nature. In order to demonstrate our dissatisfaction with the decision we ask that you aid in boycotting key NHL sponsors. Our first targets will be Reebok and Gatorade. Please show your support by refraining from buying these products. If you need to purchase a product that they offer, remember that they have rival companies who offer similar products. It is the only way to make a difference.

Therefore join with us in promoting player safety and consistency in league discipline.

Andy is online now  
Old
03-10-2011, 09:14 AM
  #346
Taylorzzz
Registered User
 
Taylorzzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Kingsville, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 364
vCash: 500
What will you do?

First off.. Moderators, I hope this thread can stand on its own but I understand if it has to be merged.

This is our chance as fans of not only the Montreal Canadiens but fans of the game that we love so very much. This is for all of us who have kids playing minor hockey, this is for all those that have already had a career end or drastically altered.

I want to know what you are going to do to make a difference. I want to see this thread filled with actions you have taken to show the NHL that we the fans will not tolerate their ignorance any longer. Anyone can come on these boards and complain about the injustice in the NHL but how many of you can honestly say that you have done something, anything, to make a difference?

My friend, who is a Boston fan, thinks I need to "take a break", yet he still complains about other players that have suffered similar hits with little or no consequence. When I ask what heís done about it..... Silence. Silence will not get anything done. Silence shows the league you support their actions (or non-actions if you will). Silence will lead to more career threatening injuries. Funny thing is, he has a nephew in minor hockey and a son that will surely play hockey and yet he thinks I need to take a break. I will not take a break.

I have begun writing letters to the sponsors of the Montreal Canadiens and the NHL, Tim Hortonís, Air Canada, Molson-Coors, and Bell to name a few. Also, I have 3 tickets to see the Detroit Red Wings play against Vancouver on March 23rd. This was supposed to be my sonsí first NHL experience. I cannot in good conscious allow him to attend an NHL game knowing how the league refuses to let events like this happen with no corrective action. We will be going to the arena, and leaving 3 white t-shirts on our seats with #67 on them in protest.

This is what I am doing so far.

What are you going to do?

GO HABS GO!

Taylorzzz is offline  
Old
03-10-2011, 09:25 AM
  #347
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod
 
overlords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 24,307
vCash: 500
OP and title has been updated with the information sent to me.

__________________



"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
overlords is offline  
Old
03-10-2011, 09:29 AM
  #348
Habs Man
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 279
vCash: 500
THE OFFICIAL - BOYCOTT ALL NHL SPONSORS GROUP

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=...216464911&ap=1

Habs Man is offline  
Old
03-10-2011, 09:35 AM
  #349
Souvenirs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Trois-Rivieres
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,930
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StGagnkos View Post
To forfeit a game would be dumb.

The NHL has already said the in-game penalty was enough punishment for Chara. To be honest MaxPac was a little at fault too. I don't understand why forwards are constantly keeping there head down and not looking for that big hit coming in. Yeah it was delayed and he got rid of the puck already. But MaxPac's head was looking down the entire time while in center ice!

Personally i think the NHL handled the situation accordingly. Chara never demonstrated the intention to knock the guy into the cross bar like that. And i'm sure Chara "feels really bad" about it.

Point being. Move on. Regroup and secure that play off spot. I wanna see a philly/habs rematch.
I think shoving Pacioretty's head in the turnbuckle demonstrates quite well that Pax is not to blame and Chara DID intend to knock him into the turnbuckle, since he did.

Souvenirs is offline  
Old
03-10-2011, 09:37 AM
  #350
Souvenirs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Trois-Rivieres
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,930
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick9 View Post
Definitely forfeit the next game against Boston. It's the right thing to do.

For your viewing pleasure....sort of a Patches highlight clip, enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-onQT...layer_embedded
How does it feel to be brainless?

Souvenirs is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:59 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.