HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Breakfast with the GM - Sunday 3/6/11 10AM PST

Old
03-07-2011, 04:55 PM
Belanger25
The Iceman!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
It'd be a hoot if the renewal letters were tried to a player's salary we're helping to pay by renewing. If mine said "Kevin Westgarth" I'd cancel my seats with a clear conscience.
"By paying an extra five dollars a game, your ticket cost will go directly to pay the salary of KEVIN WESTGARTH. Just imagine every time you see KEVIN WESTGARTH gracefully skating through the center of the ice, you can say you yourself my investment has gone a long way to improving this Kings Franchise. Before each season you will receive a free Kings 8x10 photo signed by your player KEVIN WESTGARTH thanking you for contribution towards the Los Angeles Kings organization"

Belanger25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 04:57 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc620 View Post
Maybe... maybe not. He's been there, been close. And I'm not sure that he won't be adding more offense, more creative spark, to the mix as this team grows.... but I very much value your opinion. And I can certainly see that we may be missing something with TM as a coach. But I don't see it in our players. I don't see any complaint or hangdog that you see when players tune out a coach or a system. They all seem to be working hard for each other - including the coaches. There doesn't seem to be any whining (like calling out DL for a left wing last year, that was pretty funny).

I think a lot of it is raised expectations. These are good players. We expect them to play and execute like the top three or four teams in the league - to be able to adjust the structure to any game situation on the fly. They're just not there yet.
Fair points Duc.

I think my true problem with Tm is that I see him being out coached and really don't see him doing the same to others. Its a tough thing to assess which is why I have my mixed feelings on the subject but you make a fair point in that the team hasn't done what teams do when they give up on a coach.

Well possibly with the exception of our losing streak this year but that is merely speculation for the most part in my opinion.

I also think that not having Harpo behind the bench has caused its share of problems too but that again is just an opinion.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 05:06 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by adevandry View Post
This goes back to last season, when Quick needed some rest, but everyone was too eager to keep Bernier in Manchester for their playoff failure. And we all know how Quick did down the stretch because Ersberg was not the answer.

the goaltending issue last season is a different beast altogether, and i don't disagree with what you're getting at there... hell, neither do they, i bet. but when you look up and down this roster, can you honestly identify an area where a player from Manchester would be more effective in, let alone help the team's push?

maybe Richard Clune... and that's a BIG maybe.

wabwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 05:26 PM
Maynard

Send a message via AIM to Maynard
People are bringing up Mark Hardy but wasn't he a defensive coach? He had nothing to do with the PP did he?

Maynard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 05:26 PM
Duc620

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Fair points Duc.

I think my true problem with Tm is that I see him being out coached and really don't see him doing the same to others.
Now that I do see. There are times when it seems like he misses some time outs. And he definitely does not alter his system approach much at all when facing certain opponents or certain game situations. So that is a definite drawback.

Duc620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 06:22 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
People are bringing up Mark Hardy but wasn't he a defensive coach? He had nothing to do with the PP did he?
If you think about it, he had everything to do with any situation where defencemen played. As their first go to coach he had input/advice/direction into whatever they were asked to do. Kompon is said to run the PP but do you think that TM doesn't have final say in how it works?

TM is the ultimate authority on all things that are team does on the ice and as such has the ultimate responsibility on how things work but he doesn't set up the PP or PK, he waits until it has been done and then ruins it

Harpo had input in everything that our defencemen did when he was here. Did he co-run the PP? No but let me ask you this, do you think that our young and even veteran D wouldn't go back to Harpo and voice any concerns or that he wouldn't go to Kompon (visa/versa) under the same situation?

That is the way it worked way back when for me, I had my D coach(es) and would always go back to them for fine tuning on anything that the coach(es) wanted from me to be certain I had things right.

Its how it used to work and I believe how it works for the most part today.

Old
03-07-2011, 06:22 PM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

is there a recap posted here?

KingPurpleDinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 06:23 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Somewhere I think there is but if not it might be in the other DL thread.

Old
03-07-2011, 07:29 PM
TonySCV
3 in 5 > 3 in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur View Post
is there a recap posted here?
The mayor has it: http://www.mayorsmanor.com/2011/03/r...ting-with.html

Dean donning the Sunday mafia suit.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 07:33 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
However, Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli said that wouldn't have been an option because he had a deal in place with the Washington Capitals if the Kings didn't acquire him (remember, Sturm had to waive his no trade clause to come to LA - so, he probably wouldn't have waived it to start in Manchester)
I guess Dean knew Sturm would get picked up on waivers. no surprise that Washington picked him up.

Sydor25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 07:42 PM
scramble91

Quote:
You don't find loktionov on the ice, he finds you.
Lol that quote is priceless.

scramble91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 09:25 AM
Chruceg

Kings Vision has eleven videos from the Breakfast with the GM appearing on their website; however, I can't get any of them to load. I've tried in Chrome, Firefox and IE. Maybe they are going to finish uploading today? Anybody get them to work?

Chruceg is offline   Reply With Quote