HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Player of the Game & The Good, The Bad, The Redden: Game #69 @ Anaheim Ducks

View Poll Results: Player of the Game: Game #69 @ Anaheim Ducks
Ryan Callahan 3 3.85%
Brandon Dubinsky 37 47.44%
Marian Gaborik 4 5.13%
Matt Gilroy 4 5.13%
Dan Girardi 0 0%
Henrik Lundqvist 2 2.56%
Ryan McDonagh 4 5.13%
Michael Sauer 2 2.56%
Marc Staal 0 0%
Mats Zuccarello 16 20.51%
Other 6 7.69%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-10-2011, 09:38 AM
  #101
Bardof425*
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter and wendy View Post
It's been extraordinary watching/reading your hatred against Henrik. Who do you suggest plays goal for us, you?
I don't hate Hank. Not at all. I just think he's overrated. We expect too much from him and I think we need to adjust our expectations of his performances. His game reminds me alot of Mike Richter who would pull of the spectacular but give up a softie in a big spot and couldn't handle the puck at all. Richter was great for a while but his game slowed down and so did his results. We may be seeing Hank beginning his slide from glory. I think we need to be honest with ourselves because the rest of our team is likely to be top notch in a year or two.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 09:40 AM
  #102
Bardof425*
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
Dont take it to heart. Happens after every loss.
If you move him you get someone back to play the position, hopefully someone a little younger with a smaller cap hit. Sell high on him and Boyle. That's what smart business people do. You don't wait for the league to figure out that both guys are not as good as advertised.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 09:46 AM
  #103
TrollololBoyle
Registered User
 
TrollololBoyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 2,672
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
I don't hate Hank. Not at all. I just think he's overrated. We expect too much from him and I think we need to adjust our expectations of his performances. His game reminds me alot of Mike Richter who would pull of the spectacular but give up a softie in a big spot and couldn't handle the puck at all. Richter was great for a while but his game slowed down and so did his results. We may be seeing Hank beginning his slide from glory. I think we need to be honest with ourselves because the rest of our team is likely to be top notch in a year or two.
Goalies need to develop for a couple of years longer than forwards and defensemen do, they also hit their pick later and decline later. Hank has a good 5-8 years left. We are not beginning to see him decline. He is a great goalie though, every goalie has their way of playing around the net and they each have their own flaws. For Hank that is the topshelf, and I don't think that is much of an issue.

TrollololBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 09:53 AM
  #104
John Torturella
Registered User
 
John Torturella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,832
vCash: 500
Gotta love the people who blame everything on the goalie. Do you guys realize that if the forwards hit empty nets, the Rangers likely win this game by a couple of goals?

Now I get that some people are just trolling, tryin to gain some notoriety around here, but the "Henrik's fault" crap that goes on around here happens after every loss. Perhaps its time to see the reality that maybe its the crap in front of him that is the issue.

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 10:06 AM
  #105
MSG the place to be*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,783
vCash: 500
I can't believe I stayed up all night watching this **** when I had to wake up early to continue being a fan.

MSG the place to be* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 10:22 AM
  #106
Bardof425*
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
Henrik has had an inconsistent year. But he's still a top 5 goalie in the league. He's a big game player. When it comes down to it, and he's locked in, there are very few who can match his focus and determination. I actually would venture to say that nobody can match his focus and desire to win when he's locked in. We saw it in the series against the Capitals that any mediocre team forward-wise would've easily taken. We've seen it in big games down the stretch. Henrik's stolen way more games than his team has picked him up and pulled out a win when he wasn't at his best. That's the thing. When Henrik isn't near perfect, or we don't come up with 7-goal-explosions, we have a very hard time winning games. That's the issue. Not Henrik Lundqvist.

And besides the point, Henrik doesn't have as much trade value as you may think. We would not get back nearly enough because no team wants to give up legitimate elite-level assets while committing 6.875 mil cap-hit to a goalie, even if he's Patrick Roy. And if they're not giving up elite-level assets, there's certainly not enough of a reason to move him. He's a leader on this team, and I'm confident in him. If this team gets its act together, (hopefully with Brad Richards), and the young core continues to progress, I have all the confidence in the world than Henke's gonna be the goalie to take us all the way. He's way more valuable to us. Lundqvist is the only true untouchable on this team. I'd even move Staal before him, for the right return, and Staal would have supreme trade value, unlike Lundqvist.
Good points and maybe saying he's average is a little harsh. That would put him in the 14 - 16 best range of starting goalies although one could argue that the Canucks have two better goalies. Anyway, I want him to be great but outside of the shootouts he hasn't been on many occasions this year and I worry that his best years are behind him. Since we are building with youth we need our goalie to be on a similar trajectory to our budding talent. I hope you are right, but his inability to handle the puck and the fact that he is so deep in the net has led to goals that should have been avoided. I think he needs more a hybrid style because other goalies who are not so deep in the net manage to go side to side on cross crease passes to make big saves as he does without being brutalized by every deflection.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 10:50 AM
  #107
Blue Line Monster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 241
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
Good points and maybe saying he's average is a little harsh. That would put him in the 14 - 16 best range of starting goalies although one could argue that the Canucks have two better goalies. Anyway, I want him to be great but outside of the shootouts he hasn't been on many occasions this year and I worry that his best years are behind him. Since we are building with youth we need our goalie to be on a similar trajectory to our budding talent. I hope you are right, but his inability to handle the puck and the fact that he is so deep in the net has led to goals that should have been avoided. I think he needs more a hybrid style because other goalies who are not so deep in the net manage to go side to side on cross crease passes to make big saves as he does without being brutalized by every deflection.
Why would he need to change anything? He's obviously been very successful with his style. Even if you think he's "brutalized by every deflection," if he's still one of the most consistent goalies in the league and has what, top 3 stats since the lockout, he obviously stops more of every other type of shot than other goalies, so I don't see the problem.

Just because you say he's outplayed every single game doesn't make it true. You seem to be the only one that sees that.

Everyone else can see that we make it incredibly easy for the other goalie, which is why even goalies with below .900 save %'s have good games against us. We rarely have anyone screening the goalie which also makes it so nobody's there to put in rebounds. On most point shots the Duck's took they had a guy down low screening Lundqvist and another guy near there as well which makes our defenders have to also stand there, since they never clear the crease, which is why every shot was pinballing off of someone.

I have no idea how you don't see this, instead, after every game you see Henrik was "outplayed."

I think the fact that in another post you were comparing backup goalies to starters shows how much you understand the game.

Blue Line Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 11:05 AM
  #108
Bardof425*
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Line Monster View Post
Why would he need to change anything? He's obviously been very successful with his style. Even if you think he's "brutalized by every deflection," if he's still one of the most consistent goalies in the league and has what, top 3 stats since the lockout, he obviously stops more of every other type of shot than other goalies, so I don't see the problem.

Just because you say he's outplayed every single game doesn't make it true. You seem to be the only one that sees that.

Everyone else can see that we make it incredibly easy for the other goalie, which is why even goalies with below .900 save %'s have good games against us. We rarely have anyone screening the goalie which also makes it so nobody's there to put in rebounds. On most point shots the Duck's took they had a guy down low screening Lundqvist and another guy near there as well which makes our defenders have to also stand there, since they never clear the crease, which is why every shot was pinballing off of someone.

I have no idea how you don't see this, instead, after every game you see Henrik was "outplayed."

I think the fact that in another post you were comparing backup goalies to starters shows how much you understand the game.
he's not outplayed every game. He wasn't outplayed in Philly for instance. But, how many has he stolen this year? Be honest. A handful? It's also easier to screen a goalie when he is so deep in the net. There is simply more room for opposing forwards to maneuver. How many times in the last 15 years (and it pains me to say this) have we seen Fat Marty come out and meet the screener at the top of the crease or above and eliminate both the screen and the deflection? Too many to count. His style works to a point because he's a great athlete. But your D cannot eliminate every screen and every stick in front. The goalie must be able to stop some of these deflections and he's not and it's killing us.

Are we a playoff team? Probably not. But Torts gets alot of grief on this blog as does Gilroy and Wolski and Gabby and others. And they deserve some, but the over the top love for Hank is blinding some of you and making it impossible to call him out when he underperforms. And he's underperforming. That third goal was deflected way up high; there was time to adjust. The second goal that hit Staal's butt Hank was not in position. He was too far to the left, was he screened? Maybe, but it's the goalie's job to find the puck and get in position and that shot in hockey terms was in the air for a long time. The first one cannot be blamed on him. If he's great then he needs to play great and he's not.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 11:07 AM
  #109
Chimp
Registered User
 
Chimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: In my food garden.
Country: Sweden
Posts: 10,478
vCash: 500
3 deflection goals off our own players in one frigging period is simply put one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen. The total tally of deflection goals off our own this season, is starting to look to look like a franchise high.

Gladly, I smelled disaster after watching the replay of the game and checked the final score on nhl.com after the 2nd deflection goal... and I who had looked forward to watch the game all day long at work.

And oh, back to missing open nets and have a porous defense. Just great. At least I could put update my ignore list with this thread. There's a difference between having an opinion and being flat out ignorant.


Last edited by Chimp: 03-10-2011 at 11:39 AM.
Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 11:09 AM
  #110
Bardof425*
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Line Monster View Post
Why would he need to change anything? He's obviously been very successful with his style. Even if you think he's "brutalized by every deflection," if he's still one of the most consistent goalies in the league and has what, top 3 stats since the lockout, he obviously stops more of every other type of shot than other goalies, so I don't see the problem.

Just because you say he's outplayed every single game doesn't make it true. You seem to be the only one that sees that.

Everyone else can see that we make it incredibly easy for the other goalie, which is why even goalies with below .900 save %'s have good games against us. We rarely have anyone screening the goalie which also makes it so nobody's there to put in rebounds. On most point shots the Duck's took they had a guy down low screening Lundqvist and another guy near there as well which makes our defenders have to also stand there, since they never clear the crease, which is why every shot was pinballing off of someone.

I have no idea how you don't see this, instead, after every game you see Henrik was "outplayed."

I think the fact that in another post you were comparing backup goalies to starters shows how much you understand the game.
btw, the "top three stats since the lockout" argument is for his agent when his contract comes up. We need to focus on now and what's likely to come next year and beyond. Rozi had great stats "since the lockout" too and was clearly deteriorating as a player. If you want a cup you have to look forward not backwards. I really don't give a rats ass what Hank did in 2006 and 2007. And neither should you.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 11:14 AM
  #111
Blue Line Monster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 241
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
btw, the "top three stats since the lockout" argument is for his agent when his contract comes up. We need to focus on now and what's likely to come next year and beyond. Rozi had great stats "since the lockout" too and was clearly deteriorating as a player. If you want a cup you have to look forward not backwards. I really don't give a rats ass what Hank did in 2006 and 2007. And neither should you.

The point of that part of my post obviously being that he's consistently elite, and that the rest of the team is not.

He's not outplayed very often. The rest of the team seems to get outplayed every other game.

Blue Line Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 11:27 AM
  #112
Blue Line Monster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 241
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
Are we a playoff team? Probably not. But Torts gets alot of grief on this blog as does Gilroy and Wolski and Gabby and others. And they deserve some, but the over the top love for Hank is blinding some of you and making it impossible to call him out when he underperforms. And he's underperforming. That third goal was deflected way up high; there was time to adjust. The second goal that hit Staal's butt Hank was not in position. He was too far to the left, was he screened? Maybe, but it's the goalie's job to find the puck and get in position and that shot in hockey terms was in the air for a long time. The first one cannot be blamed on him. If he's great then he needs to play great and he's not.
I found this funny. Trying to direct most of the blame to the goalie that went into last nights game with a .922 save%, and then defending Gaborik as only deserving "some" of the blame when he's genuinely had a terrible year.

Blue Line Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 11:30 AM
  #113
Vito Andolini
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 923
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
His quote doesn't give me much hope that things will be different the next game. It was obvious we stunk, but it is your job to make sure that doesn't happen again. What is he going to do about it? Is he going to get this team to work on accuracy so they can learn to pick a corner with an empty net? Maybe crash the other teams net hard so we can score some dirty goals? Maybe he works with d-men specifically Girardi when defending a 2 on 1 or clearing the traffic out from in front of Hank? When will he work on changing things down low so we don't give up 2 deflection goals a game? What about the abysmal PP? Our top 4 d-men are playing too much, if you don't have faith in gilroy and McCabe insert eminger who can actually play defense so we don't wear out our top 4 because staal and girardi look tired. So what is Torts going to do?
Yes, because it's prefectly normal for the coach to sit there and detail for everyone exactly what his plans are for the next game and going forward...10 minutes after the current game ended during his post game interview.

And seriously...have the team work on accuracy? How? This not peewee hockey. It's a fast game and some players can find the empty nets, and others can't. It's an instinct, some have a nose for the net, others don't. He can't shoot the puck for Dubinsky or Stepan. They have to do it.

Most of your questions are ignoring reality. We give up deflection goals because we have a goalie that plays with ass in the net. Our pp stinks because we don't have many good pp players. Gilroy is in the lineup because this team lacks quality players to man the PP point.

Vito Andolini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 11:39 AM
  #114
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 73,375
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
The Rangers life was sucked out after the Girardi goal. That was it. And then two similar ******** goals followed. A shame, because they looked great up until then.

__________________
"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB
"Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
"Used to be only Twinkies and cockroaches could survive a nuke. I'd add Habs to that. I'm convinced the CH stands for Club du Hypocrisy." - Gee Wally
Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 11:41 AM
  #115
Chimp
Registered User
 
Chimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: In my food garden.
Country: Sweden
Posts: 10,478
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Line Monster View Post
I found this funny. Trying to direct most of the blame to the goalie that went into last nights game with a .922 save%, and then defending Gaborik as only deserving "some" of the blame when he's genuinely had a terrible year.
When someone is trying to blame the loss on the goalie because he couldn't stop deflections off your own players, it's time to pretend like it rains. Because if you want to start discussing goaltending with someone with those opinions, based on their knowledge of goaltending, it's like you have to start off with teaching a first grader the alphabet when what you really want to discuss is literature. I've personally basically stopped discussing goaltending on this site, because all you get to do is repeat "Goaltending 101" over and over and over again, like a broken record.

On another note, not specifically directed towards you monster, when Ellis robbed Dubi when he had the open net, he would've missed the net anyway. He would've hit the post (rodent followed the puck trajectory). Now, it could've gone post in, but that's still a pretty terrible shot. Story of the season.


Last edited by Chimp: 03-10-2011 at 11:52 AM.
Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 11:42 AM
  #116
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
I honestly thought we were going to gut out at least a point last night going in...

When they scored that first goal i said to myself "alright... we got the swagger back... now lets just concentrate on getting it deep, playing sound defense and getting out of the first with a lead".

Then, i dont know what happened. Its like someone threw a switch on for the Ducks and off for the Rangers at the same exact time.

And then the goals. Oh my god. I know the Rangers played like garbage but 3 goals like that? Then all the posts and open nets missed? I dont know what it is since the All-Star break... Did one of the Rangers sleep with one of the hockey god wives or something? Its getting a little ridiculous. The bounces just refuse to go their way in a majority of the games, and its not like a little bounce here or their, its like MAJOR bounces into their net.

This one really hurt. They had a really big opportunity to make some space for themselves. Its honestly going to get really tough finding a way into the playoffs, they just dont have the games. The absolutely need at least a point in that Sharks game, but the way they have been playing i seriously doubt well come back from this trip with anything.

Ugh. Oh man. Can we be good a team one of these years please? I'm just tired of these playoff races at the end of the year. They physically drain me. The rollercoaster ride continues...
its been absolutely unbelievable how unlucky this team has been.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 12:07 PM
  #117
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss
 
Glen Teflon Sather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bloomfield, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,991
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
With regards to Lundqvist; everyone here will agree he's a top goalie in the league and he's more valuable to us than trading him. Now here's my 2 cents; around these parts Lundqvist can do no wrong. I'm sorry but sometimes he has to be called out and he needs to step up his game. He has been inconsistent for a while now. He needs to be the man, he needs to steal a game for us. Hell add Gaborik to that list. The team's best players need to step up in crunch time. I just get fed up with people on here who constantly never place blame on Lundqvist and Gaborik. As if, how dare we blame them. The bottom line is this, the Rangers' success or lack thereof will come down to whether or not their best players show up and more often than not they haven't been good enough.

Glen Teflon Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 12:14 PM
  #118
Ryan McDonut
McD for Captain
 
Ryan McDonut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 3,632
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
When someone is trying to blame the loss on the goalie because he couldn't stop deflections off your own players, it's time to pretend like it rains. Because if you want to start discussing goaltending with someone with those opinions, based on their knowledge of goaltending, it's like you have to start off with teaching a first grader the alphabet when what you really want to discuss is literature. I've personally basically stopped discussing goaltending on this site, because all you get to do is repeat "Goaltending 101" over and over and over again, like a broken record.

On another note, not specifically directed towards you monster, when Ellis robbed Dubi when he had the open net, he would've missed the net anyway. He would've hit the post (rodent followed the puck trajectory). Now, it could've gone post in, but that's still a pretty terrible shot. Story of the season.
is that supposed to make us feel better


Ryan McDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 12:27 PM
  #119
Chimp
Registered User
 
Chimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: In my food garden.
Country: Sweden
Posts: 10,478
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubi17 View Post
is that supposed to make us feel better

Feel better? Hardly. I just wanted to emphazise how terrible that shot really was, even if you saw it from the start.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers32185 View Post
With regards to Lundqvist; everyone here will agree he's a top goalie in the league and he's more valuable to us than trading him. Now here's my 2 cents; around these parts Lundqvist can do no wrong. I'm sorry but sometimes he has to be called out and he needs to step up his game. He has been inconsistent for a while now. He needs to be the man, he needs to steal a game for us. Hell add Gaborik to that list. The team's best players need to step up in crunch time. I just get fed up with people on here who constantly never place blame on Lundqvist and Gaborik. As if, how dare we blame them. The bottom line is this, the Rangers' success or lack thereof will come down to whether or not their best players show up and more often than not they haven't been good enough.
Because of games like these, it's not hard to look like a Hank apologist. Now, it was mostly just one lost soul who felt he started to hack on Hank after this game, but posts like your own adds up.

And speaking of "stepping up", when your team basically allows one extra goal per game from deflections off your own players because they have an urge to try to block everything they see, it's pretty hard to look good in net, since your statz (the number one way - and in too many causes the only way - in here to leave the verdict if the goalie plays well or not in here) will plummet. I think I've said it about 2 million times on this board, if the team doesn't allow your goalie to perform, he won't. He can't beat two teams in the same game. The defense has to consistently be at least at an NHL average, if you want him to play up to your standards. With a young team - and specifically young defense - the performances will obviously be inconsistent.

If you're not 100% sure you can block the shot, GET THE **** OUT OF THE WAY! Don't screen your own goalie and for Jebus sake, don't deflect it into your own net because of the "yeah, we're #1 in shot blocking and want to keep it that way" mentality. And don't even get me started on the "softies" around here. Basically every goal is considered a softie by at least 5 people. Or if Lundqvist simply allows too many goals than what is considered acceptable, regardless how they happened, he is "outplayed" or "bad" or "I know he didn't have any chance on any of the goals, but he needs to stop at least 1-2 of them." The last one is my favourite, simply because of how retarded of an argument it is.

I critizise Hank. But it just happens that I critizise Hank when it is clearly his fault. Not because he allows any goal, because he allowed "too many" goals or simply because the team lost.

The expectations on Lundqvist on this board is simply put ridicilous. Yes, he's the anchor player, but there is only that much that one guy can do on a team during the course of a season. It is a team game.


Last edited by Chimp: 03-10-2011 at 12:43 PM.
Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 12:41 PM
  #120
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss
 
Glen Teflon Sather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bloomfield, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,991
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
Feel better? Hardly. I just wanted to emphazise how terrible that shot really was, even if you saw it from the start.

Because of games like these, it's not hard to look like a Hank apologist. Now, it was mostly just one lost soul who felt he started to hack on Hank after this game, but posts like your own adds up.

And speaking of "stepping up", when your team basically allows one extra goal per game from deflections off your own players because they have an urge to try to block everything they see, it's pretty hard to look good in net, since your statz (the number one way - and in too many causes the only way - in here to leave the verdict if the goalie plays well or not in here) will plummet. I think I've said it about 2 million times on this board, if the team doesn't allow your goalie to perform, in the long run he won't. He can't beat two teams in the same game. The defense has to consistently be at least at an NHL average. With a young team - and specifically young defense - the performances will obviously be inconsistent.

If you're not 100% sure you can block the shot, GET THE **** OUT OF THE WAY! Don't screen your own goalie and for **** sake, don't deflect it into your own net because of the "yeah, we're #1 in shot blocking and want to keep it that way" mentality. And don't even get me started on the "softies" around here. Basically every goal is considered a softie by at least 5 people. Or if Lundqvist simply allows too many goals than what is considered acceptable, regardless how they happened, he is "outplayed" or "bad" or "needs to be traded."

I critizise Hank. But it just happens that I critizise Hank when it is clearly his fault. Not because he allows any goal, because he allowed "too many" goals or simply because the team lost.
I agree with you, has Lundqvist been bad? No. Has he been great? No. It just seems he's the victim of circumstances far too often. With that being said, he needs to be the best Ranger every game and having your goalie be the best player is a recipe for disaster

Glen Teflon Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 12:47 PM
  #121
bmw2004
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Brooklyn, N.Y.
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 2,469
vCash: 500
Gaborik frustrates me the most. If he is not ready to play than tell your coach about it. He is just figure skating out there. It looks like he is trying to avoid any minor physical contact. It is not acceptable with the money that he is earning. I think he makes the team worse by showing up the way he does. He shows very bad example to our youngsters.

bmw2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 12:59 PM
  #122
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 18,896
vCash: 500
I love Dubi, but its not going to cut it for him to game after game consistently miss easy open nets. Its getting ridiculous, and I don't think you can blame his inability to hit the net on the stress fracture. If he had any nose for the net he'd have 30 goals by now.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 01:01 PM
  #123
Bardof425*
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Line Monster View Post
I found this funny. Trying to direct most of the blame to the goalie that went into last nights game with a .922 save%, and then defending Gaborik as only deserving "some" of the blame when he's genuinely had a terrible year.
Nowhere did I direct most of the blame for the loss on Hank. I simply stated that Ellis outplayed him which I don't think is news. This game was lost by an entire team with Girardi/Staal, and Boyle's line standing out in a negative way. And Gaborik deserves some of the blame as do a bunch of people.

My position is this team is on the rise and should be allowed to develop naturally. I just think everyone should be questioned when they are not performing up to expectations and Hank is on that list.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 01:12 PM
  #124
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
Nowhere did I direct most of the blame for the loss on Hank. I simply stated that Ellis outplayed him which I don't think is news. This game was lost by an entire team with Girardi/Staal, and Boyle's line standing out in a negative way. And Gaborik deserves some of the blame as do a bunch of people.

My position is this team is on the rise and should be allowed to develop naturally. I just think everyone should be questioned when they are not performing up to expectations and Hank is on that list.
Fine, Henke is not performing up to your expectations, great, move along.

Who the F cares who and how much blame is going around??? NYR fans like Henke and realize he's not the problem at all, get over it.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 01:30 PM
  #125
bubba5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,013
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
I don't hate Hank. Not at all. I just think he's overrated. We expect too much from him and I think we need to adjust our expectations of his performances. His game reminds me alot of Mike Richter who would pull of the spectacular but give up a softie in a big spot and couldn't handle the puck at all. Richter was great for a while but his game slowed down and so did his results. We may be seeing Hank beginning his slide from glory. I think we need to be honest with ourselves because the rest of our team is likely to be top notch in a year or two.
Im with you. For a goalie who has proven very little, won 2 playoff rounds in his career and is as highly paid as him. Is he still the highest paid goalie in the NHL, if so, then I expect more from him, and I can name 5 goalies who make less than him who have accomplished more.

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:21 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.