HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bettman: ''Pacioretty injury is horrible, but part of the game.''

Closed Thread

Old
03-10-2011, 01:32 PM
Guy Caballero

vCash: 500
Who gives a crap what Bettman thinks? He's a disgrace.

Old
overlords
Hfboards

Everytime an NHL exec opens their mouth they dig their own grave that much more. It's ridiculous how little tact their employing in this situation.

Old
impudent_lowlife

hope he pulls a Campbell and shows up at the next Habs game at the Bell.

Old
03-10-2011, 01:33 PM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Two words:

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick ****.

Old
03-10-2011, 01:34 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

when a player will die I wonder if he will say it's part of the game

Old
03-10-2011, 01:34 PM
remer

What is sad is the stupidity of this whole situation.

Getting the police to investigate a body check that lead to an interferrence call.

Wanting criminal charges gainst Chara?

Air canada threatening to pull out. Come on. Bettman is laughing at Air Canada.

The pure hatred shown by Hab fans towards another player and entire organization and the league.

Petitioning and going over the top because it is a Montreal Canadien player.

Where was everyone when David Booth, Marc Savard, Sidney Crosby, Paul Karyia, Brad Stuart were injuryed because of a true blind side hit.
Didn't hear a peep from you than.

How about lobbying in a professional manner and asking the league to look at the stanchions of hockey rinks to prevent injurys.

Old
03-10-2011, 01:35 PM
Mtl6

Gary Bettman's message to the fans and partners: **** YOU!

Old
03-10-2011, 01:37 PM
HabsNation514

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedrik View Post
I don't think there's any doubt that he's a good businessman. In fact, it might be his tendency to favour business objectives over the health and quality of the sport that makes him a poor commissioner.
I don't know what he's done that's great business. He lost major tv deals and put fans through a lockout so the owners could steal a few more shekels. NFL won't do that, despite the rhetoric.

Old
03-10-2011, 01:38 PM
Habit11

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Yeah it's still part of the game, because you're a failure at your job. /golfclap
If you pretend for a second that the end result didn't happen, if Max wasn't hurt, the play itself is still a penalty. It's interference. Preventing a player from pursuing a loose puck, a puck that is 100 hundred feet away, is the type of play the league has specifically tried to get out of the game since the lockout. That is what makes no sense to me whatsoever. I know people are going to say, "he's just trying to ride him out", but the league specifically came out of the lockout saying that a defenseman can't impede a player once the puck is put past the defenseman. I didn't say that...the league said that. So, to come out and say, "it's part of the game", when you have implemented obstruction-interference rules to strictly prohibit that exact type of play, well then, hypocrite is the only word to describe it appropriately.

Old
Lucius

He actually said that the majority of concussions come from "accidents or players falling."

WTF?

At the NHL level, which is all he has any authority to speak from, when's the last time saw a concussion from EITHER of those things?

...or is he lumping "thrown down," "fall with someone on top of you during fight," and "thrown into a stanchion" into "fall down and accident?"

I don't even know how to respond.

Old
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Oh what, remer? How is deliberately preventing someone from avoiding with the arm and hand the stanchion any less severe?

Old
03-10-2011, 01:40 PM
Bill McNeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by remer View Post

Getting the police to investigate a body check that lead to an interferrence call.

The pure hatred shown by Hab fans towards another player and entire organization and the league.

Where was everyone when David Booth, Marc Savard, Sidney Crosby, Paul Karyia, Brad Stuart were injuryed because of a true blind side hit.

How about lobbying in a professional manner and asking the league to look at the stanchions of hockey rinks to prevent injurys.
The Bruins and Chara deserve every bit of rancor thrown their way.

You want hypocrisy? The organization that cried their eyes out when Bergeron and Savard went down are now responsible for two high profile head injuries this year with Paille and Chara.

Disgusting organization, disgusting players and disgusting fan base.

Old
03-10-2011, 01:41 PM
Strik_IX
No excuses!

Quote:
What's even more sad is the fact that people like you ask such questions. Finally people stand up and do something about it, looking back and saying: "Well, you didn't do it then, so why do it now?" is just being pig headed and against change.

Do you want this kind of **** to go on or not?

We're doing something about it and we're doing it now. Maybe people should've done it before. This time it happened in Montreal and we just showed we care.

Not happy about it? Not one of us gives a ****, because in the long run, we have an impact.

Old
Spectaculard
On your knees, Lucy

Send a message via MSN to Spectaculard
This is getting just sad. Im starting to feel turned off from hockey.

The worst part in the whole thing is that our OWN ****ing gutless gm and coach are too affraid for their own ****ing wallet to say something.

Old
HabsNation514

The fact that Chara committed interference is reason enough for a suspension. It takes a total moron to argue that the two concepts are mutually exclusive, like the city of Boston and the NHL brass.

Old
WestIslander

Get this guy out of the NHL a.s.a.p.

Old
03-10-2011, 01:42 PM
SteveBonus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habit11 View Post
A "strong hockey play" is not one that involves interference. Interference is a penalty and against the rules. Just like tripping, cross checking, and the rest. Had Chara cross checked Max, would it have been a "strong hockey play"? Of course not, illegal plays are the opposite of "strong hockey plays", they are against the rules for a reason.
Agree 100%. The NHL has a system in place to deal with non-hockey plays - penalties. If someone does something illegal according to the rules of the game and therefore something that is not considered a hockey play, they get a penalty. Which is what happened to Chara. So I don't know how anyone can justify calling it a hockey play...how does someone even back that up with anything?!?

Old
remer

It's over. The play is done. The league ruled that is was not a blind side hit or head shot. Argue with the league, but they are not going to change their mind.

Old
neofury*

Quote:

Look just because it's disingenuous doesn't mean all of the sudden nothing should be done. It's a shame it took one of our players to get hurt for anybody to stand up and say something, period.

In any event I think the fan bases of other teams that support this kind of junk or said/did nothing when their player got hurt are doing a lot more damage overall to the sport than being disingenuous is.

Sure it took Pacioretty getting hurt for a lot of people on here to care, I've always cared and thought guys like Cooke have no place in the NHL. That hits like the one we saw when you clearly target a player should be illegal hits. Just because others are disingenuous doesn't mean ****. I don't get what some people are trying to gain by saying we're being disingenuous, that isn't the point. Sure people are but the point is it should never have gotten this far, the NHL should have done their job in the first place and protected the players.

Who gives a rats ass what the reasoning behind this uproar of fans is, the point is somebody is finally standing up for their beliefs and if it's such a load of crap I doubt Air Canada etc would be involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strik_IX View Post
What's even more sad is the fact that people like you ask such questions. Finally people stand up and do something about it, looking back and saying: "Well, you didn't do it then, so why do it now?" is just being pig headed and against change.

Do you want this kind of **** to go on or not?

We're doing something about it and we're doing it now. Maybe people should've done it before. This time it happened in Montreal and we just showed we care.

Not happy about it? Not one of us gives a ****, because in the long run, we have an impact.
Didn't see your post but this is basically what I'm saying. Who gives a flying **** who did or didn't say what then or why they didn't. That isn't the point and posters saying that might as well just call it a day imo. It's as dumb and irrelevant comment as a poster could make given the context of the situation.

Old
03-10-2011, 01:43 PM
HabsNation514

http://www.firebettman.com/

Old
03-10-2011, 01:44 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
so basically Headshots, bullying and targeting players is "Part of the game" hes no better than Colin Campbell, fire them both if you want changes to happen.

Old
03-10-2011, 01:45 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habit11 View Post
If you pretend for a second that the end result didn't happen, if Max wasn't hurt, the play itself is still a penalty. It's interference. Preventing a player from pursuing a loose puck, a puck that is 100 hundred feet away, is the type of play the league has specifically tried to get out of the game since the lockout. That is what makes no sense to me whatsoever. I know people are going to say, "he's just trying to ride him out", but the league specifically came out of the lockout saying that a defenseman can't impede a player once the puck is put past the defenseman. I didn't say that...the league said that. So, to come out and say, "it's part of the game", when you have implemented obstruction-interference rules to strictly prohibit that exact type of play, well then, hypocrite is the only word to describe it appropriately.
Agreed however I'm not sure if I understand your post in that I feel maybe you thought I was saying it should be part of the game, it is part of the game, but only because failtards like Bettman allow it to be. It shouldn't be part of the game.

Old
03-10-2011, 01:46 PM
Delat

Quote:

I'm pretty sure everyone was also disgusted with the other events, but you know as well as me that most people never react as hard when it doesn't happen to them. It's not because, most people didn't react as hard before that they can't this time, at the end criticizing vicious hits can never be bad.

Old
03-10-2011, 01:47 PM
HabsNation514

Bettman: Hab blood is cheap.

Old
03-10-2011, 01:47 PM
Odelein24

Simply put: This man is out to ****ing lunch.

Closed Thread