HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bettman: ''Pacioretty injury is horrible, but part of the game.''

Closed Thread

Old
03-10-2011, 01:04 PM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1340
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKSubban View Post
Bettman also thinks the NHL should stay in Phoenix. We already know that he's clueless.
As an Expos fan, I am 100% in support of keeping teams where they are.

Old
03-10-2011, 01:04 PM
Pascal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
Oh look, they just suspended Kubina for 3 games for elbowing.
But elbows are part of the game too. Every player has at least 2 of them.

Old
03-10-2011, 01:06 PM
Raider917

vCash: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
As an Expos fan, I am 100% in support of keeping teams where they are.
then that team shouldve never moved from Winnipeg and bring colorado back to Quebec.

Old
03-10-2011, 01:08 PM
Stradale

Elbows can't be used as weapon to hit someone's head but stanchion can huh?

Because as far as i know, Max didn't launch himself on the stanchion, someone pushed him into it.. just like the boarding call. Oh yeah but board and stanchion is not the same word so they don't have a rule on that.

Old
03-10-2011, 01:08 PM
Pascal

I just saw the Kubina hit on YT and on first view it really doesn't seem anywhere close to what Chara did. It's like the NHL wants to look like clowns.

Old
03-10-2011, 01:09 PM
Delat

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimkay View Post
What I don't understand is that nobody here (Montreal) cared when Booth, Savard or Crosby got hammered by vicious, illegal hits.
Everybody cared, they just didn't react has hard that's all. A lot of people called on the radio and said this was stupid, a lot of media talked about it and a lot of posters talked about it in here.

Old
03-10-2011, 01:10 PM
ILuvLucic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Elbows can't be used as weapon to hit someone's head but stanchion can huh?

Because as far as i know, Max didn't launch himself on the stanchion, someone pushed him into it.. just like the boarding call. Oh yeah but board and stanchion is not the same word so they don't have a rule on that.
Stanchion is part of the boards. Checking into the boards is allowed. And that wasn't boarding.

Old
03-10-2011, 01:11 PM
slimkay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delat View Post
Everybody cared, they just didn't react has hard that's all. A lot of people called on the radio and said this was stupid, a lot of media talked about it and a lot of posters talked about it in here.
Certainly not calling for protests and/or boycotts. And no mention of criminal lawsuits and/or corporate sponsors threatening to pull out.

It's not only the fans. Everyone related in a sense to the NHL and Hockey in the Montreal area is just overreacting.

Unfortunately, I'd have to agree with Bettman on this one.

Old
03-10-2011, 01:12 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimkay View Post
What I don't understand is that nobody here (Montreal) cared when Booth, Savard or Crosby got hammered by vicious, illegal hits.
AFAIk crosby is out because of incidental contact. Haven't rewatched the play though, so i could be wrong. And you are very wrong that our fans weren't angry about how the league handled the hits that put out a bunch of good players. We just discuss it where we're supposed to, on the mainboards.

Old
03-10-2011, 01:12 PM
Picaroon

I want my favorite sport back

Old
03-10-2011, 01:13 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
Oh look, they just suspended Kubina for 3 games for elbowing.
He doesn't have Gregory Campbell on his team, what did you expect?

Old
03-10-2011, 01:15 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by remer View Post
It's over. The play is done. The league ruled that is was not a blind side hit or head shot. Argue with the league, but they are not going to change their mind.
Yep that hit looked clean to me
<<<<<THIS IS THE NHL

Old
03-10-2011, 01:17 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Clarence Campbell and Colin Campbell must be related.

I know Colin had nothing to do with this, but just look at his track record.

Old
03-10-2011, 01:17 PM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
He doesn't have Gregory Campbell on his team, what did you expect?
I expect Yzerman to get him during the draft.

Problem would be solved next time.

Old
03-10-2011, 01:18 PM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post

renaud lavoie
Bettman à Washington: "la blessure de Max Pacioretty est horible, mais fait partie du jeu".
If I run Bettman over with a tractor it'll be horrible but part of life.

Old
03-10-2011, 01:18 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Bettman being pushed down stairs and breaking his neck would be unfortunate, but hey, it's part of life.

Old
03-10-2011, 01:20 PM
MtlPenFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delat View Post
It's the oldest deflection in the book.

"How come you weren't offended by a completely unrelated event?"

So I suppose that any mother who's kid is killed by a drunk driver and decides to take a stand should shut the **** up because she didn't say something earlier...

Old
03-10-2011, 01:21 PM
Habit11

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
AFAIk crosby is out because of incidental contact. Haven't rewatched the play though, so i could be wrong. And you are very wrong that our fans weren't angry about how the league handled the hits that put out a bunch of good players. We just discuss it where we're supposed to, on the mainboards.
Crosby got hit in the head by Steckel (debatable if it was on purpose or not) but then the next game he got hit by Hedman from behind into the glass.

Old
03-10-2011, 01:22 PM
Chris G

There comes a point in time where this stuff has to stop...not fighting in hockey or hitting like a bunch of people are exaggerating, but these illegal hits. Crosby was one that really got me going on this issue, head shot or hit from behind... I strongly believe you have to be consistent in these matters to get a point across. This is something that the NHL have missed the boat on a countless amount of times. Just think you have to be in the situation, or have had it occur to you to realize how severe some of these hits end up being> I think of a good guy like Marc Savard, who is nearing the end of his career because of these blatant hits. Sometimes I think maybe if it was Bettman getting "McSorley'd" instead of Brashear then there would be a more severe take on some of these hits.

Old
03-10-2011, 01:22 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
The people running this league have no clue, Air Canada isn't that easy to replace, we don't have another National carrier to move his teams that has the flex-ability or aircraft AC does. Good Luck Gary!

Old
03-10-2011, 01:23 PM
Darth Joker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlPenFan View Post
It's the oldest deflection in the book.

"How come you weren't offended by a completely unrelated event?"

So I suppose that any mother who's kid is killed by a drunk driver and decides to take a stand should shut the **** up because she didn't say something earlier...
Beautifully put.

Obviously people are going to care more about an issue once it hits home (i.e. a guy on our team) than when it hits a stranger (i.e. a guy on another team).

That's just human nature. It doesn't mean we should ignore an issue once we care about it.

Old
03-10-2011, 01:25 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habit11 View Post
Crosby got hit in the head by Steckel (debatable if it was on purpose or not) but then the next game he got hit by Hedman from behind into the glass.
Oh, hedman thing rings a bell, but i thought this mostly spawned from the steckel incident. Thanks for the info. Hedman didn't get any games? If not, it's on the NHL for losing their poster boy.

Old
03-10-2011, 01:26 PM
Nedved

Quote:
Originally Posted by remer View Post
What is sad is the stupidity of this whole situation.

Getting the police to investigate a body check that lead to an interferrence call.

Wanting criminal charges gainst Chara?

Air canada threatening to pull out. Come on. Bettman is laughing at Air Canada.

The pure hatred shown by Hab fans towards another player and entire organization and the league.

Petitioning and going over the top because it is a Montreal Canadien player.

Where was everyone when David Booth, Marc Savard, Sidney Crosby, Paul Karyia, Brad Stuart were injuryed because of a true blind side hit.
Didn't hear a peep from you than.

How about lobbying in a professional manner and asking the league to look at the stanchions of hockey rinks to prevent injurys.
?? sorry that we defend our players better who we follow every night to no end? oh wait, that's called being a human being and caring. Let's not have that.

@habs. thanks. lol. I just hate the shape of the political economy in America. took a needless gab at american politics.

Last edited by Nedved: 03-10-2011 at 01:31 PM.
Old
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Oh, hedman thing rings a bell, but i thought this mostly spawned from the steckel incident. Thanks for the info. Hedman didn't get any games? If not, it's on the NHL for losing their poster boy.
Steckel was still with Ovechkin. Hedman is part of a southern team.

Old
Habit11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris G View Post
There comes a point in time where this stuff has to stop...not fighting in hockey or hitting like a bunch of people are exaggerating, but these illegal hits. Crosby was one that really got me going on this issue, head shot or hit from behind... I strongly believe you have to be consistent in these matters to get a point across. This is something that the NHL have missed the boat on a countless amount of times. Just think you have to be in the situation, or have had it occur to you to realize how severe some of these hits end up being> I think of a good guy like Marc Savard, who is nearing the end of his career because of these blatant hits. Sometimes I think maybe if it was Bettman getting "McSorley'd" instead of Brashear then there would be a more severe take on some of these hits.
If two guys want to drop the gloves and fight, go ahead. They know the risks, and no one is forcing them to fight. Clean body checks, shoulder to shoulder, hip checks, none of which target the head, are great. But the league could have sent a message when Thornton blind sided Perron earlier in the year. Thornton got 2 games, and Perron hasn't played since. Had they given Thornton 10 - 15 games, for a hit they have been repeatedly telling the players not to make, a real message would've been sent. I think the league and the NHLPA because they are a part of this too, really don't want to suspend players. I have no other explanation.

Closed Thread