HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal and Boston Radio Simulcast

Closed Thread

Old
03-10-2011, 05:16 PM
David Krejci
STANLEY CUP CHAMPS

vCash: 500
Both Felger and Mazz both agree that Chara meant to ride Pacioretty into the stanchion, and would not have been surprised if he had been suspended. They've been saying this the whole time, and were trying to say that to your radio guys but they kept cutting them off.

The disagreement comes where your radio guys believe that Chara wanted the end result (Pacioretty to break his vertebrae, etc) whereas we do not believe that was the case. Did he want to rub him out? Yes. Did he know it was Pacioretty? Yes sir. Did he mean to run him into the turnbuckle? Abso****inglutely, it's 1000% legal.

But he did not mean to injure him as badly as he did. If you want to say Chara was aware of the turnbuckle there, which he was, well then it goes both ways. Pacioretty knew the turnbuckle was there as well, and he decided to take that route knowing full well he could've ended up getting rammed into it.

Felger called the guy a "yahoo" because he said "It's not about the bleu blanc et rouge vs black and gold", which it absolutely is. He refused to acknowledge the Pacioretty on Eaton hit, he was being very hypocritical.

I hope he makes a full recovery as fast as possible, but if your radio guys didn't hang up 30 seconds in like a bunch of babies, we could've had a good discussion on our hands. Oh well.

Old
03-10-2011, 05:17 PM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
Yes, that's the standard 5 min major + game misconduct. The league suspends this kind of hit when it feels like it though. Suspensions are so arbitrary for boarding majors that you never know what will happen after.
He got suspended for that no?

Old
03-10-2011, 05:18 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Krejci View Post
Both Felger and Mazz both agree that Chara meant to ride Pacioretty into the stanchion, and would not have been surprised if he had been suspended. They've been saying this the whole time, and were trying to say that to your radio guys but they kept cutting them off.

The disagreement comes where your radio guys believe that Chara wanted the end result (Pacioretty to break his vertebrae, etc) whereas we do not believe that was the case. Did he want to rub him out? Yes. Did he know it was Pacioretty? Yes sir. Did he mean to run him into the turnbuckle? Abso****inglutely, it's 1000% legal.

But he did not mean to injure him as badly as he did. If you want to say Chara was aware of the turnbuckle there, which he was, well then it goes both ways. Pacioretty knew the turnbuckle was there as well, and he decided to take that route knowing full well he could've ended up getting rammed into it.

I hope he makes a full recovery as fast as possible, but if your radio guys didn't hang up in 30 seconds like a bunch of babies, we could've had a good discussion on our hands. Oh well.
By the rulebook.

Over here, by law, it's murder attempt.

Old
03-10-2011, 05:21 PM
David Krejci
STANLEY CUP CHAMPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolkaTruesilver View Post
By the rulebook.

Over here, by law, it's murder attempt.
Yeah, so....then where are all the cases of previous hits into the turnbuckle? Are you saying this is the first time, ever in Quebec that someone has been hit into that stanchion?

Old
03-10-2011, 05:32 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Yeah, so....then where are all the cases of previous hits into the turnbuckle? Are you saying this is the first time, ever in Quebec that someone has been hit into that stanchion?
That we have quality video evidence of his hand pushing the head there? While the offender had a past of going after the victim with intent to injure?

Yhea, I believe it's the first time.

Old
03-10-2011, 05:34 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
He got suspended for that no?
I don't remember Max being suspended.

Old
03-10-2011, 05:43 PM
SB164

http://www.team990.com/section/view/...7/#mainContent

Listen to Pierre McGuire on Team 990. He's pissed, he definitely doesn't agree with what Bettman said today.

Old
03-10-2011, 05:47 PM
roy munson
Bon voyage capitaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peekay Zubban View Post
You mean read then write 10 min later? Thats pretty good advice actually. Everytime I get riled up then respond with swearing and cursing I always end up regretting it after I cool down.
I know what you mean. I'm very emotional and when someone talks in the a bad way about MY Habs, I take it personaly. I read my post a day later and I find I sound like a 12yo. Will try that.

Old
03-10-2011, 06:11 PM
tiersen24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
I don't remember Max being suspended.
I'm not sure but I clearly remember him saying he did too much over there and was sorry. That it was his fault.....

Old
03-10-2011, 06:32 PM
Patccmoi

Quote:
His hand didn't push his head there, and even if he did, there's nothing that says you can't do that. What past does Chara have of intending to injure Pacioretty? When he went after him in a line brawl?
So, is there absolutely no place whatsoever for common sense on a hockey rink? Is there a specific rule about not opening the door when an opponent is about to get checked there not to risk a serious injury on him, or is it just common sense that this is incredibly dangerous?

Ramming someone's head in that thing at full speed is incredibly dangerous, and potentially fatal (came pretty damn close). The result was there yesterday. No, it's not the first time it happened, it's not the first time either that the guy seemed to have a very hard time getting up (this time he just couldn't). The fact that it happened before does not make it right in any way, and Tuesday showed just how incredibly dangerous it is. And like it or not, there WAS history between Chara and Pacioretty, and it was clear that Chara was gunning for Pacioretty for the full game before (double-handed slash behind the leg that had Pacioretty limping to the bench, trying to pummel him in the brawl, etc.), hell Pacioretty even said he knew he had a target on his back before the game started.

As for Pacioretty's hit on Eaton btw, I fully agree he should have been suspended. And yes I agree, there is some level of hypocrisy about going in up in arms when it happens to your team more than to others. At the same time, that's what human nature is, and Boston is no different (there was a hell of a lot more outcry at the Cooke on Savard incident than anything else the Bruins themselves did). The problem is that if you use this as an excuse to never act... then you just won't ever. EVERY team has cases where their players hurt someone and they didn't go up in arms about it. Does that mean no team can ever say anything about how the league is managed because they would be hypocrites? How about for then on they assume the exact same stance on their own players but can still push for something that happened on one of their own?

And that's the whole point the guys from Montreal (and the fanbase as a whole, Air Canada, politicians, etc.) were trying to get across : the league needs to start being serious about how they handle these things. Currently, they are not. No suspension on Chara was a total joke. No suspension on Cooke was ALSO a total joke. As it was to not suspend Pacioretty on Eaton. It's time for something to change in the league, and if nobody EVER does anything about it because their team did something bad before, well nothing will ever change and Bettman will still be happy being the little dictator that he is right now with his team calling suspensions just how they feel like with absolutely no constant logic behind it.

Old
03-10-2011, 06:43 PM
ChoseLa

For the Mark Eaton hit, i don't remember a single person who defended Patch, it was a dirty hit.

Now i realy don't see how this got into the conversation.

How is that hypocrisy btw?

For the Boston generalisation, you guys do have an appetit for Schopenhauer's stratagems, violence and homerism, it's a pretty monolithic fanbase.

Old
03-10-2011, 07:03 PM
limelight

The simulcast link is found on the Boston website: http://boston.cbslocal.com/2011/03/1...on-charas-hit/

Old
03-10-2011, 07:50 PM
WG

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
No, there was no stretcher, but this is also not a bang/bang play. Pacioretty has ample time to not make this hit. He sees numbers the entire way from blue line all the way in! Still makes solid contact into the numbers. There's no excuse for that crap. The outcome thank god didn't result in any injuries, but to me that hit shows a bigger disregard for safety than the Chara hit.
Here's someting else that differentiates the Pacioretty hit from Chara's:

Max Pacioretty words on his hit

“I remember going in on the forecheck and I thought he was going to turn into me but it didn’t end up that way,” Pacioretty said. “It’s a fast game and sometimes you make mistakes and I definitely made a mistake there and hurt our team. I obviously hurt that player. I’m disappointed with what happened and I wish I could take that back.”

At least Max owned up to his mistake instead of mumbling some half hearted explanation about how *** "unfortunate" it was. And I guarantee you a) No Montreal fan would have been excited if Eaton had been taken off on a stretcher and b) nobody would have made excuses for him had he been given a suspension.

Of course NESN.com used the opportunity to write a little blurb entitled "Max Pacioretty No Saint."

http://www.nesn.com/2011/03/max-paci...er-proves.html

There were utterly deplorable comments on the Bruins board as Pacioretty was still on the ice, but some of that is the heat of battle stuff. This NESN thing, with two days to reflect, is basically the height of douchebaggery and of course encourages many of the finest under-60 IQ crowd to weigh in with their analysis.

So yeah, if you want to try to rationalize Chara's hit, be my guest. We all know Chara went for a big hit to get back at a guy he was mad at and it went horribly wrong. And yeah a broken neck is pretty much even steven for a push in the back on Chara and a penalized hit three months ago, against a player and team you could not care less about.

Old
03-10-2011, 11:33 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

I remember listening to the hub when they had tony marinaro on before the game.

One of the guys was saying how the habs are the biggest divers in the history of the game from the very beginning, and that they don't understand what kind of people would follow a team like that.

After I heard that interview, I kinda figured that they were shock hosts or hosts that play a certain character on the air. Anyways, their style is not for me, and I kinda regret listening to them then, so I wont bother listening now.

Old
03-11-2011, 12:16 AM
deandebean

Leave it to Bruinfan to try and divert this vicious attack by bringing in another incident after which the player acknowledged he made a mistake.

Should have been suspended, and wasn't. So, one day, one of your players will have to suffer for it. Simple as that.

Right now, Montreal doesn't have the ammo for it. They sure don't have the coach and GM for it. But it will one day it will. And those who lived through it in the locker room won't have forgotten it. Let's not forget this thread when it will happen.

The NHL cannot police itself. You're right about one thing: whining won't do any good. The other solution will.

You can say it's an emotional response. But it is the same response guys like Carey Price showed in his non-verbal gestures tonight at the Blues game. And others around him feel the same way. Someone will have to pay. It's part of the NHL hockey culture. Always has, always will it seems, because the league officials don't seem to want to change it.

Old
03-11-2011, 12:19 AM
Charlie Milles*
Uh... Go Canucks?

F UUUUUUU

I was asleep

Anyway this will be uploaded on a website?

Old
03-11-2011, 01:19 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

What's the best defense? The attack. I really don't get the MaxPac hit analysis. Everybody here disapproved the move. Can we say the same as far as Bruins fans are concerned? So let's continue the way it is 'cause the guy who happened to have been hit, did hit another guy one day? So let's penalize only the guys who happened to have hit guys with a clean record?

Seriously, some people really want a roller derby league.

NOT PUNISHING A GUY BEFORE DOES NOT MEAN IT SHOULD CONTINUE THAT WAY.

Are people really surprised that what changes everything is the end result? And what,s the proof of that? Everyboyd wished MaxPac a full recovery, from Bruins fans to every fan in this league and then....MaxPac talks. "Well, how come he talks if he's that concussed" says some stupid weirdos. "Hey, he talks AND he had his share of bad hits as well" says some idiot. So as the days pass by, the more MaxPac talks, he's slowly going to be the attacker while poor Chara is now the victim. Why? 'Cause MaxPac isn't dying anymore and he talks....Bunch of freakin idiots. The day that the gesture in itself starts to be as accountable than the end result, we'll go somewhere. Until then, as of now, suspend MaxPac for faking a concussion and a fracture vertabrae. And give the Lady Bing to Chara.

In a world we're living in, only the end result counts. If Eaton goes paraplegic, we, like everybody in this league ask for a lifetime ban. Yet, this fanbase, contrary to some others I won't name, was able to say that Pacioretty hit was dirty EVEN IF EATON GOT UP RIGHT AFTER. In the meantime, our player who just happened to go home today, is now the bad guy. On and that stanchion as well, and the Habs fans, and the Police, and Air Canada, and I guess Subban has to be involve in all this....

And we are the whiners?

Last edited by Whitesnake: 03-11-2011 at 01:26 AM.
Old
03-11-2011, 01:24 AM
skule123

Quote:
Did he know it was Pacioretty? Yes sir.
It's too bad Chara is trying to recast history to make himself look better - I know he has a reputation as a leader, but this seems to speak to some kind of fundamental lack of responsibility and integrity.

Quote:
"No [I didn't know it was him.] … It was the faceoff and we tried to set up the play, and basically the puck went to the other side and we were racing for the puck. And I had no idea he was out on the ice. I had no idea it was him," said Chara.

Old
03-11-2011, 01:31 AM
The Depahted

Didn't listen but I just want to apologize for Felger and Mazz... they suck and could care less about hockey. Shocked they, of all people, did this

Closed Thread