HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Joe Finley

Closed Thread

Old
07-27-2005, 01:09 PM
Dgrohl8

vCash: 500
Joe Finley

Supposively he's 6'7 233 pound defence anyone have any news on him and if he's worthy of one of are 3 2nd round picks

Old
07-27-2005, 01:16 PM
Skroob*

but does he use that size?

Old
07-27-2005, 01:16 PM
GraveyTrain09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgrohl8
Supposively he's 6'7 233 pound defence anyone have any news on him and if he's worthy of one of are 3 2nd round picks
THN says:
"Finley is huge and is built like a man. He has great mobility for someone his size and one scout described his upper body strength as "scary." He likes physical play and is a good skater for his size."(ranked 64th)
Of course this is only 1 source

I like this guy, Id be very happy if we got him with a 2nd round pick

Old
07-27-2005, 01:18 PM
Dgrohl8

188 penalty minutes 2 so i say he uses his size

Old
07-27-2005, 04:29 PM
eco's bones

Reveille! was talking about him in a thread he started a few days ago. He said he
was a MONSTER and skated very well for someone his size--which by the way he likes to use. If I remember correctly he thought there was a chance that someone might use a 1st on him. He sounds like a good one for us to get.

Old
07-27-2005, 04:30 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones
Reveille! was talking about him in a thread he started a few days ago. He said he
was a MONSTER and skated very well for someone his size--which by the way he likes to use. If I remember correctly he thought there was a chance that someone might use a 1st on him. He sounds like a good one for us to get.

He doesnt skate very well. But if he improves it hes going to be huge in the NHL.

Old
07-27-2005, 06:04 PM
DarthSather99

We NEED to get this guy in the second, if he lasts that long. We don't have anyone like him in the organization. Read this.

http://www.ushl.com/news/20050529ushl.cfm

Old
07-27-2005, 07:32 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine4LIFE
He doesnt skate very well. But if he improves it hes going to be huge in the NHL.
Dude. I've seen him play before.

He skates very well for his size. I've said that a number of times that it's for his size and not in general. A big dude like that isn't going to skate like Oxana Byule. But he can still move around quite well and such.

Old
07-27-2005, 07:53 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reveille!
Dude. I've seen him play before.

He skates very well for his size. I've said that a number of times that it's for his size and not in general. A big dude like that isn't going to skate like Oxana Byule. But he can still move around quite well and such.
Skates good for his size doesnt mean he is a good enough skater to keep up with the fast AHLers/NHLers. Compared to an average skater he is below average..even if he is a good skater for his size. Look at Dale do you really want that on the blue line where half the players can easily get around him which leads to a stupid penalty?

But like I said if he can improve his skating he will be a very solid NHLer.

Old
07-27-2005, 08:00 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine4LIFE
Skates good for his size doesnt mean he is a good enough skater to keep up with the fast AHLers/NHLers. Compared to an average skater he is below average..even if he is a good skater for his size. Look at Dale do you really want that on the blue line where half the players can easily get around him which leads to a stupid penalty?

But like I said if he can improve his skating he will be a very solid NHLer.
Have you ever seen the kid play? He has solid enough skating to not get burnt and keep up with the faster guys. He did it all year with the faster players in his league. I saw him play whenever I traveled out to the midwest (which was a lot this year, for the first time ever) almost. Around 4-5 times. He's a great, great player for his size and I think the only reason he's rated so low is because he's in a lower league and not in college or the CHL. Then you'd be hearing about him every damn day.

Old
07-27-2005, 08:05 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

He's playing for North Dakota next year, by the way. That team already has a NASTY defense. Man, NDak is going to be SO hard to play against. Holy crap.

Old
07-27-2005, 08:08 PM
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey

Quote:
Have you ever seen the kid play? He has solid enough skating to not get burnt and keep up with the faster guys. He did it all year with the faster players in his league. I saw him play whenever I traveled out to the midwest (which was a lot this year, for the first time ever) almost. Around 4-5 times. He's a great, great player for his size and I think the only reason he's rated so low is because he's in a lower league and not in college or the CHL. Then you'd be hearing about him every damn day.
Better pick in his draft year than Valabik even at his spot?

If so that is potentially a great value pick at 40.

Old
07-27-2005, 08:14 PM
DarthSather99

Unfortunately I think he'll be gone by the end of the first round.

Old
07-27-2005, 08:18 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:

I can only go by what I read on him from scouting services (Redline, ISS, YoungGuns). I still think hes a high risk/huge reward type player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSather99
No way he will be picked in the first round, this draft is filled with solid defensman, he'll get pick mid-late 2nd round IMO. I think we'll get the chance to draft him with our 2nd round picks..the question will be whether or not Malony picks him.

Old
07-27-2005, 08:20 PM
NYR469

definitely would use one of the 2nds to get him if available...

Old
07-27-2005, 08:23 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

If Maloney doesn't pick him and he has a chance and picks someone with a 3rd line upside, I will be extremely, extremely pissed.

Old
07-27-2005, 08:26 PM
Rabid Ranger
2 is better than one

Quote:

McKeens seems to think so. They have him going to Florida in the first round. This isn't addressed to you, but just because *we* think a certain player won't be picked in the first round doesn't mean he won't. All it takes is ONE team to be enamoured with a guy for that to happen.

Old
07-27-2005, 08:32 PM
DarthSather99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Ranger
McKeens seems to think so. They have him going to Florida in the first round. This isn't addressed to you, but just because *we* think a certain player won't be picked in the first round doesn't mean he won't. All it takes is ONE team to be enamoured with a guy for that to happen.

I agree, look at Blake Wheeler. I figured the Rangers definetly had a shot at him with their second round picks last year. They didn't even have a shot at him with the #6 overall. The thing with the draft is that if a player is going to be picked higher than expected it's usually because of his size. That works against us getting Finley and is why I think he'll be a first rounder.

Old
07-27-2005, 08:35 PM
NYR469

Quote:
If Maloney doesn't pick him and he has a chance and picks someone with a 3rd line upside, I will be extremely, extremely pissed.
agreed

Old
07-28-2005, 12:36 PM
eco's bones

If we're going to pick a project he seems like a good one.

Old
07-28-2005, 07:13 PM
NYC Aim 4588

vCash:
Quote:
I agree, look at Blake Wheeler. I figured the Rangers definetly had a shot at him with their second round picks last year. They didn't even have a shot at him with the #6 overall. The thing with the draft is that if a player is going to be picked higher than expected it's usually because of his size. That works against us getting Finley and is why I think he'll be a first rounder.
So if Fla picks him they could have somewhat of a Leetch-Beukeboom scenario.

Bouwmeester-J.Finley

I dont seeJ.Bo accomplishing what Leetch has but imm sure you get my idea.

Closed Thread