HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Edm & Atl

View Poll Results: Would you do this trade?
yes 12 70.59%
no 3 17.65%
would try for a dif young dman (please tell who) 2 11.76%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-10-2011, 11:56 PM
YoungGuns
The Taylor Hall Show

vCash: 132
Edm & Atl

what do you guys think of

to Edm
zach bogosian

to Atl
Hemsky
2nd

too much?...too little?

Last edited by Bryanbryoil: 03-11-2011 at 12:09 AM.
YoungGuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 12:06 AM
oilersfan11

vCash: 50
Yes in a heartbeat from the Oilers.From Atlanta though not enough to move Bogosian.

oilersfan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 12:11 AM
YoungGuns
The Taylor Hall Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan11 View Post
Yes in a heartbeat from the Oilers.From Atlanta though not enough to move Bogosian.
what would we have to add ?

Old
03-11-2011, 12:12 AM
oilersfan11

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungGuns View Post
what would we have to add ?
They would most likely want our 2011 first round pick.

oilersfan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 12:16 AM
YoungGuns
The Taylor Hall Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan11 View Post
They would most likely want our 2011 first round pick.
hmmmmm I dont think I would even add la's pick ....

at most
Hemsky
smid
2nd

Old
03-11-2011, 12:42 AM
TimeForAnOilChange
Can We Fold The Team

vCash: 500
Quote:

to Edm
zach bogosian

to Atl
Hemsky
2nd

too much?...too little?
Day late, dollar short...i'm assuming your talking about the off season, but Atlanta didnt go after Hemsky at the deadline (when his trade value was at it's highest according to some on here), what makes you think anybody would touch him with a 10 foot pole now, he got hurt the day after the trade deadline (again, wow big surprise there)....i guarantee you that any team that was actually thinking of trading for Hemmer before the deadline is thanking their lucky stars they didnt make that huge mistake and give away picks and/or players for a china doll (and after this latest injury, even his biggest supporters cant argue that one, well, they can, but they will just look stupid). His trade value is ZERO right now and will be next year too, i have a feeling we will have to either re-sign him or let him go for nothing now. We wont be getting anything back for him now, especially Bogo.

TimeForAnOilChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 12:52 AM
Seanzie888

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeForAnOilChange View Post
Day late, dollar short...i'm assuming your talking about the off season, but Atlanta didnt go after Hemsky at the deadline (when his trade value was at it's highest according to some on here), what makes you think anybody would touch him with a 10 foot pole now, he got hurt the day after the trade deadline (again, wow big surprise there)....i guarantee you that any team that was actually thinking of trading for Hemmer before the deadline is thanking their lucky stars they didnt make that huge mistake and give away picks and/or players for a china doll (and after this latest injury, even his biggest supporters cant argue that one, well, they can, but they will just look stupid). His trade value is ZERO right now and will be next year too, i have a feeling we will have to either re-sign him or let him go for nothing now. We wont be getting anything back for him now, especially Bogo.
I don't think his value is nothing. I totally agree that other Gm's will be hesitant to deal for him and will most likely get him at a discount but he is still tradable. There are teams that would take him for sure but no one can deny that his injuries will reduce the return.

I expect us to hang on to him now because we can ride out his contract year upswing (typical in the NHL these days) and possibly trade him at the deadline for a pick and a prospect, something like what we got for Penner but a little less because he's a rental. That or we might just decide to keep him on board one of the few veterans we deem to be part of the rebuild.

Oh and in answer to the OP of course we take the deal but Atlanta tells us to go suck a railroad spike. No way they take that deal. Not even for LA's pick a second and Hemmer. If we're getting Bogo we're giving up a top prospect along with Hemsky or our 1st this year. Of course we'd never do that so its pretty much a non-starter.

Seanzie888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 01:13 AM
Zach and Slater
HFBoards Sponsor

If you take out the salary it's fair, but Hemmer at 4.1 and only one year left on his deal isn't enough for the Thrashers and the 2nd doesn't push them any closer. My theory is that the Oilers send Gagner and one of Plante or Chorney there way for Bogosian.

THEN...draft one of Couturier or RNH, draft one of Mark McNeill or Mika Zibanejad with LA's pick (might have to move up, but can be done). At the end of the day we end up with a 1st line center, a 2nd line center, and a stud d-man. Are they those guys starting next season? No, but they likely are going forward. While many get squimish at the thought of trading Gagner, most of you admit he likely tops out as a good 2nd line center. While that's valuable, it's replaceable. I would rather take a chance at Bogosian becoming a top pairing d-man then take a chance on Gagner becoming a great 2nd line center.

Zach and Slater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 01:16 AM
Zach and Slater
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeForAnOilChange View Post
It's not anywhere near as bad as you make it out to be. That latest injury likely did hurt his trade value going forward, but there will be teams lined up for a shot to get him with only a year left on his deal. It's pretty low risk for them if the price is right. We will get something decent for him still, just not as good as what it could have been.

Zach and Slater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 01:23 AM
TimeForAnOilChange
Can We Fold The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanzie888 View Post
I don't think his value is nothing. I totally agree that other Gm's will be hesitant to deal for him and will most likely get him at a discount but he is still tradable. There are teams that would take him for sure but no one can deny that his injuries will reduce the return.

I expect us to hang on to him now because we can ride out his contract year upswing (typical in the NHL these days) and possibly trade him at the deadline for a pick and a prospect, something like what we got for Penner but a little less because he's a rental. That or we might just decide to keep him on board one of the few veterans we deem to be part of the rebuild.

Oh and in answer to the OP of course we take the deal but Atlanta tells us to go suck a railroad spike. No way they take that deal. Not even for LA's pick a second and Hemmer. If we're getting Bogo we're giving up a top prospect along with Hemsky or our 1st this year. Of course we'd never do that so its pretty much a non-starter.
Well, your entitled to your opinion, but as of right now, his trade value IS zero, and he probably will have a "career" year next year since that happens all the time now in a contract year (i agree with that statement), but even if he has a career year, i doubt anybody even considers trading for him...Tambi is in a tough spot with Hemmer, he's not doing this team any good by being injured more than 1/2 the time, and he cant trade him (unless your ready to take garbage back or late round picks, thats all we will get for him, i'd put money on it) so what does he do? Does he re-sign him? And if so, what do you sign him for? Hemmer will want a raise but i sure as ******* wouldnt give an injury prone player a raise, i dont care if he is a PPG player if he's only playing half the games, he isnt really helping the team as far as i'm concerned.

And as for the OP, of course i would try if was Tambi, who wouldnt want Bogo? But as soon as Tambi calls him and spits out the name Hemsky, Atlanta laughs and thanks him for the good laugh....click. Wont happen (and didnt we already have a billion of these exact same trade threads before the deadline anyways?) They didnt trade for him when they were still actually in the playoff hunt, why would they take him with even less time on his contract AND he got injured again AND give up Bogo? Makes no sense for them.

TimeForAnOilChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 01:27 AM
lowebellini

tambo has to do something with him, he won't be good enough or young enough to be a piece for the contending years and if we can recycle him we should

with his injury history, his price will only go up as the commitment on his contract goes down

lowebellini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 02:58 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
I'd do it from Oilers POV. Edmonton might have to add a little bit to get the Thrashers to bite.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 04:02 AM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

Bogosian has actually been one of the worst defensemen in the league in terms of defensive play over the last two years. Him and Strudwick are sharing that distinction here:

Ranked according to Val-D (defensive value) amongst defensemen (a fairly accurate representation given the order it yields):
Scroll to the bottom of both lists:

2010-2011 (at least 40 GP):
http://www.behindthenet.ca/2010/gvt....40&team=&pos=D

2009-2010 (at least 60 GP):
http://www.behindthenet.ca/2009/gvt....60&team=&pos=D

His offensive game and potential go a long way in shielding the very obvious lacking in his defensive play. Strudwick seems so much worse cause he has no offensive game to speak of either.

Bogosian's development has been kind of worrisome. Although the tools are all there, he's trending in a dangerous direction. His offensive stats aren't that great as it is - but the horrible defensive play adds a whole new element.

The Perfect Human* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 04:08 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 1000
Quote:

to Edm
zach bogosian

to Atl
Hemsky
2nd

too much?...too little?

Not near enough from the oilers. Hemsky is a rentle from this point. Thrashers set what they wanted. Reportedly it is a first , top prospect and rsoter player player under 25

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote