HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lost Habs lose 4-1 to Blues

Old
03-11-2011, 04:27 AM
Zam Boni

vCash: 500
By locking at the video highlights on TSN you could tell that this was a group of player with their head somewhere else.

And I can't blame them. I have made one post here since MaxPac's injury, I can only guess how the players that meet him on a daily basis feel.

Oh well, the game - that had to be played - is done and it's time to regroup and play some serious hockey.

Zam Boni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 05:23 AM
The Right Price

Our bottom six should be Pouliot-Halpern-Darche and Kostitsyn-Eller-Moen. Those two lines have chemistry and gives us needed depth. When is Darche coming back?? Can DD play wing?? Our top 6.. DD-Pleks-Gionta and White-Gomez-Cammy.

The Right Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 08:11 AM
lakingshockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
talk about going through the motions, that was brutal. Can't believe how many giveaways there were.
and if you look at the score sheet you will see very few gives - someone was not doing a very good job charting the game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by missthenet View Post
Cammalleri has been brutal for a few games as has Plekanec, was Sopel hurt tonight?
sure is and out for probably a couple of weeks

Last edited by PyrettaBlaze: 03-11-2011 at 09:50 AM.
lakingshockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 10:02 AM
Teufelsdreck

The Blues played very well, the Habs not so well. If it weren't for Price the final score would have been even more lopsided than 3-1 + an ENG. The loss of Pacioretty seems to have had an immediate deflating effect on the team.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 01:12 PM
bradrich99

Looks like Dags know how to deal with press:

-----------------------------------

D'Agostini haunts old team; Blues prepare for Red Wings

BY DAN O'NEILL STLtoday.com | Posted: Friday, March 11, 2011 11:59 am

Matt D'Agostini was happy to fly under the radar this week. Most of the attention paid to the meeting between the Blues and the Canadiens focused on goaltenders Jaroslav Halak and Carey Price.

"That's what everybody was talking about, the Halak-Price showdown," D'Agostini said.

At the same time, D'Agsotini was traded to the Blues by Montreal last season, after he scored just two goals and four points. On Thursday, D'Agostini helped the Blues beat the Canadiens with his 14th goal and an assist.

He also passed an on opportunity to take a shot at Montreal when a visiting reporter asked is he was getting better opportunities with the Blues.

"I'm not going to say that," D'Agostini said. "I was given opportunities in Montreal. I'm just finding a groove in St. Louis, trying to get better day by day as a player."

D'Agostini als expressed relief that Max Pacioretty had been released from the hospital. He roomed with Pacioretty while with Montreal.

"Obviously, you hate to see that, especially to someone you know," D'Agostini said. "By the sound of it on TV, it sounded like a pretty big smack. I feel for him. It makes you realize how this game is and what can happen."

---------------------------------------------------------

Note to other players. That is how to handle it. No incendiary comments necessary.

bradrich99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 05:19 AM
BlueSinceBirth

Price was very impressive. Saved a few that should not have been saved. Just curious, what was the problem with D'agostini in Montreal? He seems to be a guy that can bounce to different lines and do reasonably well.

BlueSinceBirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 05:35 AM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradrich99 View Post
Looks like Dags know how to deal with press:

-----------------------------------

D'Agostini haunts old team; Blues prepare for Red Wings

BY DAN O'NEILL STLtoday.com | Posted: Friday, March 11, 2011 11:59 am

Matt D'Agostini was happy to fly under the radar this week. Most of the attention paid to the meeting between the Blues and the Canadiens focused on goaltenders Jaroslav Halak and Carey Price.

"That's what everybody was talking about, the Halak-Price showdown," D'Agostini said.

At the same time, D'Agsotini was traded to the Blues by Montreal last season, after he scored just two goals and four points. On Thursday, D'Agostini helped the Blues beat the Canadiens with his 14th goal and an assist.

He also passed an on opportunity to take a shot at Montreal when a visiting reporter asked is he was getting better opportunities with the Blues.

"I'm not going to say that," D'Agostini said. "I was given opportunities in Montreal. I'm just finding a groove in St. Louis, trying to get better day by day as a player."

D'Agostini als expressed relief that Max Pacioretty had been released from the hospital. He roomed with Pacioretty while with Montreal.

"Obviously, you hate to see that, especially to someone you know," D'Agostini said. "By the sound of it on TV, it sounded like a pretty big smack. I feel for him. It makes you realize how this game is and what can happen."

---------------------------------------------------------

Note to other players. That is how to handle it. No incendiary comments necessary.
Class act by D'Agostini.

Bad Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 06:00 AM
ReVeuF

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSinceBirth View Post
Price was very impressive. Saved a few that should not have been saved. Just curious, what was the problem with D'agostini in Montreal? He seems to be a guy that can bounce to different lines and do reasonably well.
He was hot and cold, even more cold than hot and his icetime suffered

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote