All hail Captain Ladd

Closed Thread

Old
03-06-2011, 08:55 PM
Redtoemonster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGoalie72 View Post
From a Panther's fan POV, Byfuglien was the dominating force tonight.
Agreed. And he was amazing when jumping up.

I really think it's time to just throw him at forward. The OT goal was all Buff, and it was a forward's play. Ramsay had no problem mixing up the D pairings last night, and we have plenty of NHL ready defensemen in the system.

Old
03-06-2011, 09:05 PM
SilverRiver89

vCash: 1365
Just to be accurate, Ramsay said Torchetti is the one who mixed the pairings up.

Old
03-07-2011, 07:39 AM
bb99

vCash: 50
I went to visit my brother over the weekend. He picked up some tix for the game in sec 108. Had a great time and your arena is pretty cool. We did some pre-gaming at Taco Mac before heading over. Good game, good crowd! I'm a season ticket holder in Raleigh and just thought I'd let you guys know that it was a great experience in your house....other than being in the same row as the 6 fans of the bad guys! I am the goofier looking guy in the CBJ jersey. I was thinking it was less likely to get me beat up than one of my Canes jerseys.

Old
03-07-2011, 08:36 AM
thomas magnum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
Buff to Forward =

hey...i missed the game and didn't get near a tv due to work and other crazy stuff this weekend..did buff play a little forward?

Old
03-07-2011, 09:07 AM
Lynk
Registered Bro

He wasn't slotted in at forward but he definitely made it look like that's what he was playing.

Plus the game winner in OT he was the first man up bringing the puck in the offensive zone, beating the D then passing to Ladd for the winner.

Old
03-07-2011, 09:09 AM
thomas magnum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
He wasn't slotted in at forward but he definitely made it look like that's what he was playing.

Plus the game winner in OT he was the first man up bringing the puck in the offensive zone, beating the D then passing to Ladd for the winner.
damn..i was hoping that they finally gave him a shot back at forward a little bit...oh well, nice to hear he was playing up and it payed off

Old
03-10-2011, 05:16 PM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

Listened to Andrew Ladd on XM 204 this afternoon. Said they were still working on the contract. He definitely wants to stay with the franchise and is looking longterm.

Said team isn't focused on ownership stuff because most guys are young and don't have any roots here. (too bad, they would like this city).

Said they got away from their game of taking the action to the opponent and skating instead of thinking. Guys started thinking too much and standing back watching. (so true).

Old
03-10-2011, 06:04 PM
SilverRiver89

vCash: 1365
Good to hear they're still working on the contract. Did he say anything about what the hold up (if you can even call it that since it's not even the off seaso yet) is? I remember last summer they couldn't decide on value for his UFA years or something and that's why they just went with a one year contract.

And if this is the general Ladd thread, this article was pretty nice http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=555413

Old
03-10-2011, 06:38 PM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

Good article.

Ladd seemed to put emphasis on the fact that he wants a "long-term" deal, so perhaps the hang up is over that. Certainly the more he scores the more he will cost, so there's that too.

Nice to know he is serious about leading this team for a long while. The Thrashers are notorious for shorter terms so if they are offering something similar to Byfuglien and he wants more, that would be pretty cool.

either way, he said they were still talking.

We need to move on to Wheeler and Bogosian too.

Old
03-10-2011, 11:21 PM
toph2o

Weren't the Octotards limited in the max length of contracts they could offer to like 3 or 4 years during part of the litigation? NOT sticking up for them in any sense of the word, but I'm hoping MAYBE some of the people who've left might've considered staying around had that not been the case, and when new ownership comes in even more so.

Old
03-11-2011, 01:33 AM
DungeonK
Love Thy Neighbor

Quote:
Originally Posted by toph2o View Post
Weren't the Octotards limited in the max length of contracts they could offer to like 3 or 4 years during part of the litigation? NOT sticking up for them in any sense of the word, but I'm hoping MAYBE some of the people who've left might've considered staying around had that not been the case, and when new ownership comes in even more so.
No, Kovy was offered a 10 year, 101 million dollar contract while they were involved in litigation.

Old
03-11-2011, 04:51 AM
TasteofFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by toph2o View Post
Sort of, IIRC any deal that was over 3 years in length had to be approved by both parties.

Old
03-11-2011, 08:01 AM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Quote:
Originally Posted by TasteofFlames View Post
Sort of, IIRC any deal that was over 3 years in length had to be approved by both parties.
This is the correct answer.

Old
03-11-2011, 01:50 PM
TasteofFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4aces View Post
This is the correct answer.
WOOHOO, this totally makes up for my brainfart with Reasoner the other day! (its the small victories that make life worth living)

Closed Thread