HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #67: vs Calgary, 3/09 (8:00 PM, Fox Sports Southwest Plus, 1310 AM)

Old
03-11-2011, 06:26 PM
BamBam1031

vCash: 500
You guys are funny. Wound up so tight you can't even put aside your interwebz attitudes to accept a compliment. Hope you guys aren't like this in real life.

It's not a "disclaimer." Imagine if you couldn't stand Brown, but he scores a SO goal nice enough that you'd come over to our boards to say so. That's where I'm coming from, and that's exactly what I stated. No more, no less. I didn't denigrate your guy in the least. Rather the opposite, I think.

Relax, and take a compliment for what it is, in the spirit of which it was given.

BamBam1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 07:23 PM
ginblossoms

Send a message via ICQ to ginblossoms
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamBam1031 View Post
You guys are funny. Wound up so tight you can't even put aside your interwebz attitudes to accept a compliment. Hope you guys aren't like this in real life.

It's not a "disclaimer." Imagine if you couldn't stand Brown, but he scores a SO goal nice enough that you'd come over to our boards to say so. That's where I'm coming from, and that's exactly what I stated. No more, no less. I didn't denigrate your guy in the least. Rather the opposite, I think.

Relax, and take a compliment for what it is, in the spirit of which it was given.
For balance, I'll say that I'm cool with your post. Don't understand why, but GDT's seem to be the domain of the hardcore homer fan with little tolerance for outsiders.

Also probably alot of us that don't mind it and choose not to respond.

We all have players we "hate" around the league, for some reason or another. Not sure if we could overlook these hot sports opinions to applaud when these hated guys do something impressive.

FWIW, Brown could only dream to execute anything close to what Ribeiro can on the SO. More likely to be commended would be a sweet open ice hit (if only it were Brown's rookie year).

... and I just had to post this...

ginblossoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 08:20 PM
eartotheground
steam powered gmjn

Send a message via AIM to eartotheground
Quote:

i got it, but the previous post is right.. gdt's are pretty homerish.

eartotheground is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 01:11 PM
glovesave_35
Name

The difference being that in real life one doesn't normally begin a compliment with a negative.

I took your post for what it was worth, no more and no less. Feel free to drop by and compliment our players as often as you'd like.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 01:57 PM
StarsFan74

Quote:

Dude, I just chided you on your post, that's all. Learn to take a joke! I'll roll my eyes and dish you the same kind of sarcasm in real life if you started to talk about Ribeiro in that fashion. It's so ubiquitous that it's amusing to me right now.

Lastly, one doesn't compliment starting with a negative, as glovesave pointed out. You don't tell your host that he/she usually sucks at hosting, but currently he/she is doing a fantastic job, right?

StarsFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote