HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings vs. Blue Jackets - 03/11/11 - POSTGAME THOUGHTS & TIDBITS

Old
03-11-2011, 09:23 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
But I have to right back at you zad and say that who's to say that he wouldn't? He is given two minutes a game and even then doesn't play every game, how can we say that he wouldn't continue to develop his game given the opportunity. He was significantly better in the AHL then he has been in the NHL but even with his limited time I have seen minor improvement.

He isn't slow but he isn't the guy that I want trying to carry the puck out of his own end anyways.

It just isn't fair in my opinion to argue that he wouldn't be able to do something without being able to provide any facts to support the statement.

It is your opinion and I believe probably allot of other peoples opinion as well that he wouldn't be able to do anything with more time but it is my opinion he would. In the end it is all only opinion so there can be no absolute.

Also, GREAT WIN and I agree that if we want to debate the whole enforcer subject in the NHL then we absolutely should start a thread and not ruin a tidbits with it. I for one apologize for my part in this.
I see a blind man and I assume he can't see...

You are right though, we should have this discussion in another forum...like in a strip club in Montreal while enjoying a beer.

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 09:23 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Yyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 09:24 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
By enforcer, I referred to the Heavy. That Ivanans, Westgarth type. A couple of more Cliffords on the Kings? Nobody would want to play us. We would have to call it the 187 line.
Ok, then were you satisfied with my answer? The whole Cleary and co act as the single enforcer response and that if we did have two or three more players who played with the same edge to their game as Cliffy's that we wouldn't need an enforcer like Westgarth either?

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 09:26 PM
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter

BTW no one is gonna tell me that Umberger wasn't aware of where he had Doughty on his hit against him. That was a dirty play and the league should take a closer look at that.

alpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 09:26 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Just saw the highlights, is Dewy ok?

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 09:28 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Ok, then were you satisfied with my answer? The whole Cleary and co act as the single enforcer response and that if we did have two or three more players who played with the same edge to their game as Cliffy's that we wouldn't need an enforcer like Westgarth either?
Partially. I don't think we need Westgarth now but if we had what you propose, then putting Westgarth in the lineup would surpass unnecessary and reach obtuse

Old
03-11-2011, 09:28 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
I see a blind man and I assume he can't see...

You are right though, we should have this discussion in another forum...like in a strip club in Montreal while enjoying a beer.

Not Montreal,

Reds in St Johns.

It is its own brewery and has as high of an alcohol content as 20 proof in one of its lagers. Its always so darned cold that it just couldn't taste any better. They have a beer that is like a boddington's pale and a japanese dry mixed and its so danged good that it made me stop drinking beer.

Mostly stop drinking but you get the picture.

My offer stands though, anyone who wants to visit me will have a room and allot of fun.

Get JDM and a couple of the gang together and lets schedule a visit. Bars and hockey talk are pretty much the only thing that happens where I live, that and fishing.

Old
03-11-2011, 09:29 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
Just saw the highlights, is Dewy ok?
Looks like it. He finished the game, but Crosby played a game and hasn't been back yet.

I hope Drew is fine.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 09:30 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
Yyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!
Wow. Just got a flashback of last night.

Old
03-11-2011, 09:30 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Partially. I don't think we need Westgarth now but if we had what you propose, then putting Westgarth in the lineup would surpass unnecessary and reach obtuse
I agree that in the way that he is utilized by TM that Westgarth is for the most part unnecessary and absolutely that he would be made obsolete if our checking line all played like Cliffy.

Old
03-11-2011, 09:31 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
I wouldn't put it past Murray. They said that Clune lost his job to Clifford, but I would rather have both instead of Westgarth.

And I would prefer Richardson over both of them.

Old
03-11-2011, 09:31 PM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Cha-ching! With that assist by Doughty on Kopitars goal, it triggered a bonus of $212,500 for his 25 assists.

Doughty's paying for dinner tonight!

kingsfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 09:32 PM
William H Bonney

Quote:
That's where the heart of the argument lies. We're arguing we need more players like Clifford, middleweights that can play and agitate, in order to properly intimidate and deter as a team. And that's where our issues are with Murray/Lombardi right now. They seem to think Westgarth bridges that divide when it doesn't.

03-11-2011, 09:32 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:

Not Montreal,

Reds in St Johns.

It is its own brewery and has as high of an alcohol content as 20 proof in one of its lagers. Its always so darned cold that it just couldn't taste any better. They have a beer that is like a boddington's pale and a japanese dry mixed and its so danged good that it made me stop drinking beer.

Mostly stop drinking but you get the picture.

My offer stands though, anyone who wants to visit me will have a room and allot of fun.

Get JDM and a couple of the gang together and lets schedule a visit. Bars and hockey talk are pretty much the only thing that happens where I live, that and fishing.
St. John's in NY?

Old
03-11-2011, 09:33 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan28 View Post
Cha-ching! With that assist by Doughty on Kopitars goal, it triggered a bonus of $212,500 for his 25 assists.

Wonder what Drew's bonus is going to be for winning the Conn Smythe trophy this season.

Old
03-11-2011, 09:35 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan28 View Post

Too bad that will only cover his dinner

DAkings20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 09:38 PM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
Too bad that will only cover his dinner
Does that include his and Simmers bar tab too?

kingsfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 09:40 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Didn't know that Kopitar is a Jackets killer:

Kopitar has always been a Blue Jacket killer. He has a nine-game points streak against Columbus which includes eight goals and five assists.

Old
03-11-2011, 09:40 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
That's where the heart of the argument lies. We're arguing we need more players like Clifford, middleweights that can play and agitate, in order to properly intimidate and deter as a team. And that's where our issues are with Murray/Lombardi right now. They seem to think Westgarth bridges that divide when it doesn't.
I disagree. I would rather see Clune then Westgarth if we could see the same Clune that we did prior to his injury which I think by now we would.

If we had two Cliffords or a checking line that could replace the enforcer then that would be ideal. We don't so Westgarth actually can be a necessity.

Old
03-11-2011, 09:42 PM
two out of three*

Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
I'm wondering how Westgarth vs. Richardson is even a DISCUSSION. Richardson > Westgarth, and theres no question about it. Good win though. (Westgarth had nothing to do with it.)

two out of three* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 09:44 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
I disagree. I would rather see Clune then Westgarth if we could see the same Clune that we did prior to his injury which I think by now we would.

If we had two Cliffords or a checking line that could replace the enforcer then that would be ideal. We don't so Westgarth actually can be a necessity.
I would argue that Clifford is more effective when Westgarth isn't dressed. Putting Westgarth on the 4th line pretty much ruins Clifford's game.

More importantly, this game shows that Westgarth doesn't "deter" anything on the ice. Doughty was run all night with him on the bench.

Old
03-11-2011, 09:44 PM
William H Bonney

Quote:

Wait? What do you disagree with? You wouldn't prefer team toughness being improved by having more guys like Clifford over singularly dressing a guy like Westgarth and acting like there's still not an issue? You just said Westgarth is "for the most part unnecessary" under Murray.

William H Bonney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 09:45 PM
redcard

Quote:

We should call up Clune and Z-train and put 'em on the 4th with Westgarth........imagine the hysteria in the post game threads.

redcard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 09:48 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
St. John's in NY?
Newfoundland.

Twillingate is pretty small so when my family and friends come to see me or ask for reference I tell them St Johns as it is a pretty well known city. Montreal has the better strip clubs but to me that is like going to a candy store that doesn't sell any candy, well not any I'd want to eat anyways.

The people of NF are friendly and while I am married there are allot more women then men around where I live and they are all very friendly as far as I can see. The single women are probably just so darn cold that if you will buy them a cup of Irish Coffee they'd probably follow you home.

My invite is always open with the exception of August, I have a bunch of people up for crabbing fishing and the like and I need notice it gets busy.

I will be in Los Angeles (in Agoura Hills/Calabasas) on the 26th/27th of this month and then back out on the road, maybe this time we can all get together and talk hockey.

Old
03-11-2011, 09:50 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Hey mods what happened to the boards being shutdown?

DAkings20 is online now   Reply With Quote