HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings vs. Blue Jackets - 03/11/11 - POSTGAME THOUGHTS & TIDBITS

Old
03-11-2011, 09:50 PM
kingsfan28
Its A Kingspiracy !

vCash: 500
It was nice to contain Nash. He's becoming a King killer just like Doan.

kingsfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 09:50 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Newfoundland.

Twillingate is pretty small so when my family and friends come to see me or ask for reference I tell them St Johns as it is a pretty well known city. Montreal has the better strip clubs but to me that is like going to a candy store that doesn't sell any candy, well not any I'd want to eat anyways.

The people of NF are friendly and while I am married there are allot more women then men around where I live and they are all very friendly as far as I can see. The single women are probably just so darn cold that if you will buy them a cup of Irish Coffee they'd probably follow you home.

My invite is always open with the exception of August, I have a bunch of people up for crabbing fishing and the like and I need notice it gets busy.

I will be in Los Angeles (in Agoura Hills/Calabasas) on the 26th/27th of this month and then back out on the road, maybe this time we can all get together and talk hockey.
That sounds good. 26th or 27th both work. PM me. JDM and I can come to you, drinks and the meal on me.

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 09:51 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
I think the Kings are going to score on this PP.

Go Kings!

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 09:52 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
I think the Kings are going to score on this PP.

Go Kings!
Ruined it for me.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 09:53 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

That first PP goal was beautiful wasn't it? Movement and then some. BJs were scrambling.

Old
03-11-2011, 09:53 PM
William H Bonney

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan28 View Post
It was nice to contain Nash. He's becoming a King killer just like Doan.
Yep. I was watching on a crappy internet stream but we contained him pretty well. He did torch Doughty in the 3rd but Bernier was there standing strong.

03-11-2011, 09:56 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
Wait? What do you disagree with? You wouldn't prefer team toughness being improved by having more guys like Clifford over singularly dressing a guy like Westgarth and acting like there's still not an issue? You just said Westgarth is "for the most part unnecessary" under Murray.
He is "for the most part" meaning not entirely but almost so unnecessary with the way that Murray has used him. I would rather see a player who is as tough as Clifford and as mobile and as determined playing in Westgarth's spot rather than any other true heavyweight as long as we had one or two other bottom 6 ers who played the same.

If anything Cliffy points out how little grit our team has on it. It really comes down to him, Westgarth and occasionally Simmonds and to me that means that we still simply must have at least one more player than him that can carry the weight when needed.

Put Clune up on the 3rd line or make Richie play a grittier game and we would have no need of a heavyweight.

Lets say Cliffy tops out as a Lappy, when we had Lappy we had other players who also played with an edge (not many but more than two) who can balance things out.

My point is that you simply can't rely only on one heavyweight or one physical player and hope to compete. Show me the skill only team that has won the cup. I would argue that last year the one thing that made the Habs lose out is that they came across a much much more physical team.

That is my position, we either need to have more players like Clifford or Westgarth serves a limited purpose even if our coach doesn't properly utilize him.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 09:57 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

I didn't see how reckless that slash was on Kopi the first time - the one that led to the penalty...at least Westgarth picked a fight with that **** Dorsett when he next got on the ice...right? Right?

Old
03-11-2011, 09:57 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
That sounds good. 26th or 27th both work. PM me. JDM and I can come to you, drinks and the meal on me.
More then generous and sounds good but its a coin toss for who pays.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 10:02 PM
kingsfan28
Its A Kingspiracy !

it's cheap, it's late and dirty...Jim Fox on Dorsetts hit on Kopitar

Old
03-11-2011, 10:03 PM
kingsfan28
Its A Kingspiracy !

Quote:
I didn't see how reckless that slash was on Kopi the first time - the one that led to the penalty...at least Westgarth picked a fight with that **** Dorsett when he next got on the ice...right? Right?
He should have pounded Dorsett after nailing Kopitar

Old
03-11-2011, 10:04 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

So0o0o0o0o.. how about Jimmer Fredette lmao?

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 10:05 PM
Shellz

Wow, Bernier. He better get pulled

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 10:06 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
Wow, Bernier. He better get pulled
Yeah, he sucks. The Kings don't have a chance when he plays.

BTW, Bernier is 4-0-3 in his last seven starts.

Old
03-11-2011, 10:07 PM
kingsfan28
Its A Kingspiracy !

I'm guessing Simmonds went after Dorsett for a bit of payback

Old
03-11-2011, 10:08 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Anyone else just get a HUGE smile on their face when you see Penner in a Kings' jersey.

Finally.

We finally got a left wing.

Old
03-11-2011, 10:13 PM
William H Bonney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
He is "for the most part" meaning not entirely but almost so unnecessary with the way that Murray has used him. I would rather see a player who is as tough as Clifford and as mobile and as determined playing in Westgarth's spot rather than any other true heavyweight as long as we had one or two other bottom 6 ers who played the same.

If anything Cliffy points out how little grit our team has on it. It really comes down to him, Westgarth and occasionally Simmonds and to me that means that we still simply must have at least one more player than him that can carry the weight when needed.

Put Clune up on the 3rd line or make Richie play a grittier game and we would have no need of a heavyweight.

Lets say Cliffy tops out as a Lappy, when we had Lappy we had other players who also played with an edge (not many but more than two) who can balance things out.

My point is that you simply can't rely only on one heavyweight or one physical player and hope to compete. Show me the skill only team that has won the cup. I would argue that last year the one thing that made the Habs lose out is that they came across a much much more physical team.

That is my position, we either need to have more players like Clifford or Westgarth serves a limited purpose even if our coach doesn't properly utilize him.
See, I agree with this for the most part and it's why I was confused when you disagreed with the last post. My argument is that we're short on team toughness and that we need 1 or 2 more guys like Clifford. I'm not arguing we're a tough team. I'm arguing that we're a soft team with or without Westy so we might as well dress a better player - Richie - than dress Westy.

You may disagree here but I don't think Westy adds any team toughness. Hell, Westy averages less than 1 hit a game (Richie averages more) and he's rarely involved in scrums because he can't keep up with the play. Some will disagree but I don't think staged fights add anything to team toughness. We're definitely short on team grit but I just don't see how Westgarth brings any of that in his game/role. Since it's not something he can bring or his role allows, and we don't have any guys like Clifford that are ready to step into the role either, we're better off dressing our 12 best skaters.

I don't think Clune is the answer based off of what I saw last year but if it was a Clune vs. Westgarth debate, I'd go with the Clune every time.

William H Bonney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 10:14 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
Anyone else just get a HUGE smile on their face when you see Penner in a Kings' jersey.

Finally.

We finally got a left wing.
He's lazy, slow and can't pass. Especially in third periods.

Old
03-11-2011, 10:15 PM
Shellz

Good first period

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 10:19 PM
William H Bonney

Interesting stat:

Jack Johnson leads the Kings in blocked shots with 118.

On a team with Rob Scuderi, Matt Greene, and Willie Mitchell no less. Yes, Greene and Mitchell have missed some time but Jack still averages more blocked shots per game. By comparison, Jack had 86 blocked shots all of last year.

William H Bonney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 10:24 PM
KingsKnight
L.A. Kriminals

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
Hey mods what happened to the boards being shutdown?
Shhhhh, don't tell them. It think they forgot

KingsKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 10:25 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
Interesting stat:

Jack Johnson leads the Kings in blocked shots with 118.

On a team with Rob Scuderi, Matt Greene, and Willie Mitchell no less. Yes, Greene and Mitchell have missed some time but Jack still averages more blocked shots per game. By comparison, Jack had 86 blocked shots all of last year.
Yet he is the only defenseman who is a minus, at -13 (worst on the team).

Still a strange stat for him throughout his career. He looks to be playing better defensively, yet he is on the ice for a lot of goals against.

Old
03-11-2011, 10:28 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Good news:

There was another nervous Drew Doughty moment tonight, early in the third period, when Doughty was bumped into the bench area by Columbus’ RJ Umberger, then went nose-first into the “turnbuckle” padding at the end of the bench. Doughty fell and was flat on his stomach for a few moments, and briefly went to the locker room but returned for his regular complement of minutes in the third period. After the game, Doughty said there were no issues.

DOUGHTY: “I’m fine. Obviously I was back out there again, so I’m fine. I just got it right on the nose again. There was a little bit of blood, but nothing drastic. I didn’t see the turnbuckle there. I kind of had my head down, making the play, and I ran right into it. But I’m fine, and he obviously didn’t mean to do it. … I missed a couple shifts, just to come in here [the locker room] and make sure i was symptom-free, but everything was fine.”

Old
03-11-2011, 10:34 PM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

I think the Kings are going to win this one. I don't have that sinking feeling in my stomach that usually accompanies a loss.

DocWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 10:42 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

What's the nickname going to be for the Penner-Kopitar-Williams line?