Notices

Draft 48 hours away...

Closed Thread

Old
07-28-2005, 04:05 PM
chaachie12

vCash: 500
Draft 48 hours away...

Ok, we are here, after what seems like years....

The #4 pick is great, who are we going to take?

I know Gilbert Brule has been thrown around, as has Bobby Ryan. I have not seen most of these guys play personally, so it's hard to get a good judgement. Purely from reading, and other people's perspectives I would say that my order for #4 would be this:

1. Crosby, C....riiigghht!
2. Jack Johnson, D...5% chance of this happening
3. Anze Kopitar, C/W...from what I read he is a 100% effort guy, and is nearly as talented as Brule, et al. I am willing to roll with someone who has the total package!
4. Alex Bourret, RW...the suprise pick. I haven't heard anyone talk about him, but everyone I talk to LOVES him. I have seen quite a few highlight videos and the kid is an absolute horse. He is short, but very stocky and very skilled. He might not be the sexiest pick, but a good one. McKeens has him at 6 overall, however Central Scouting has him at 17 in North America.

In the second round it's tough. Any chance Frazee lasts until that pick? I think he would be an awesome second rounder. Maybe we can package one of our 4th rounders to move up in teh second and grab him or a comprable goalie. With the new rules on age and free agency I think NCAA kids will become more valuable than ever. So I could see the Wild grabbing a guy like Hagemo or Sasha Pokulok from Cornell in the 2nd 3rd round too. I would rather have Pokulok merely because of the size difference.

I think the 2nd/3rd rounders will include a goalie. I think they will draft a defensman, but I would prefer another winger.

Old
07-28-2005, 05:03 PM
tk421

I'd like to see Skille. Woodlief from Red Line Report compared him to Bill Guerin or Ryan Smyth.

Old
07-28-2005, 05:05 PM
DW

I like Kopitar at #4.

The second rounder is a little iffy. I'm just not sure what we should look for here, if I had to choose, this pick would be open to any position. As to whom is going to be around to pick is a different matter.

Guys that could be here that I like (some won't be, but I like anyways)include:

Joe Finley-D-won't last here
Richard Lelkes-RW
A Vincent-G
M Bartunus-LW
S. Pokulok-D-won't last

Old
07-28-2005, 07:17 PM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

I say trade with philly for the 4th overall...b.clarke has a jonesin for Bobby Ryan...so pry RJ Umberger and their pick (20th) overall for the 4th

Old
07-28-2005, 10:09 PM
CechMY5HOLEman-ek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceUNO
I say trade with philly for the 4th overall...b.clarke has a jonesin for Bobby Ryan...so pry RJ Umberger and their pick (20th) overall for the 4th
If the Wild were so hot on Umberger they would have gave him the bags of money he desired with he signed as a free agent with the Flyers in 2004.

It doesn't make a lot of sense to trade down 16 picks in the first round for a guy they could have had for free, especially when IMO he's not worth the difference to begin with.

Old
07-29-2005, 01:22 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

We need prospects damn it

Old
07-29-2005, 12:17 PM
chaachie12

I was just reading up on Anze Kopitar....I heard something I liked...McKeens called him "Thomas Vanek, but with defense and toughness"...yikes! Seems like the kind of guy that I might be interested in on my first line!

Old
07-29-2005, 12:38 PM
Surly Furious

vCash: 528
How many picks do the Wild have in this draft?

Closed Thread