HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cowen vs Rundblad, who will make it next year?

View Poll Results: Who will make it the team first?
David Rundblad 21 16.28%
Jared Cowen 15 11.63%
Both (Both are ready and Murray needs to send Kuba and someone else packing) 91 70.54%
Neither ( No spots open, both not ready for the NHL) 2 1.55%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-11-2011, 02:59 PM
  #76
source
Registered User
 
source's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5,387
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyke View Post
Do we need Bobby Orr on a team that has Karlsson?
Might as well trade him for picks and draft Larsson.

source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 10:29 PM
  #77
aragorn
YES WE CAN
 
aragorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: Azores
Posts: 11,026
vCash: 500
I think it will be easier to send Cowen to Bingo rather than Rundblad so I think Rundblad will start in Ottawa. Lee or Rundblad will be the 7th defencemen to start the season unless Lee is traded at the draft. Kuba will be in the starting lineup at the beginning of the yr but will be traded before the deadline (2013) to make room for Lee, Rundblad or Cowen whoever is playing the best.

Gonchar - Karlsson
Phillips - Lee
Kuba - Carkner/Rundblad

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 11:01 PM
  #78
SenzZen
Registered User
 
SenzZen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,860
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
I think it will be easier to send Cowen to Bingo rather than Rundblad so I think Rundblad will start in Ottawa. Lee or Rundblad will be the 7th defencemen to start the season unless Lee is traded at the draft. Kuba will be in the starting lineup at the beginning of the yr but will be traded before the deadline (2013) to make room for Lee, Rundblad or Cowen whoever is playing the best.

Gonchar - Karlsson
Phillips - Lee
Kuba - Carkner/Rundblad
1) How so?

2) Friendly wager?

SenzZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 03:36 AM
  #79
TheRealSpez
Registered User
 
TheRealSpez's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 117
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O View Post
Both I think. Rundblad and Karlsson will alternate sitting in the press box unless Karlsson improves his D game significantly.
ROFL...

Yeah, Spezza will be sitting right there beside Karlsson... so they can watch and take notes on how to play hockey from the rest of our ****** team. Replacing them for draft picks, like the OP stated, would undoubtedly start an era of the Sens being the worst canadian team of all time.

Where do fans like these come from? You managed to take away any credibility of the opinion that Karlsson's defencive game is **** by making yourself look like a moron on the first post of the thread.

TheRealSpez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 03:38 AM
  #80
TheRealSpez
Registered User
 
TheRealSpez's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 117
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by source View Post
Might as well trade him for picks and draft Larsson.
Lets trade our entire top six for 63 conditional picks. Both equally good ideas.

TheRealSpez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 10:49 AM
  #81
H2O
Registered User
 
H2O's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,708
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSpez View Post
ROFL...

Yeah, Spezza will be sitting right there beside Karlsson... so they can watch and take notes on how to play hockey from the rest of our ****** team. Replacing them for draft picks, like the OP stated, would undoubtedly start an era of the Sens being the worst canadian team of all time.

Where do fans like these come from? You managed to take away any credibility of the opinion that Karlsson's defencive game is **** by making yourself look like a moron on the first post of the thread.
Oh look, a drama queen. Don't call me a moron when you bring Spezza in your point out of nowhere just to show how emotionally attached you are to our players. Fans like me are interested to see players being developed the right way. Maybe it's detrimental to sit Karlsson here and there, but maybe it's good for him to see Rundblad learn on the fly and make mistakes, as their game are supposedly very similar. Only management knows. The point is, we can afford to play musical chairs with our D unless someone gets traded. Btw, just because you don't agree doesn't excuse you from sounding like a dick.

H2O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 11:24 AM
  #82
Sensfanman
Registered User
 
Sensfanman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O View Post
Oh look, a drama queen. Don't call me a moron when you bring Spezza in your point out of nowhere just to show how emotionally attached you are to our players. Fans like me are interested to see players being developed the right way. Maybe it's detrimental to sit Karlsson here and there, but maybe it's good for him to see Rundblad learn on the fly and make mistakes, as their game are supposedly very similar. Only management knows. The point is, we can afford to play musical chairs with our D unless someone gets traded. Btw, just because you don't agree doesn't excuse you from sounding like a dick.
What's with all this "I'm allowed to have an opinion, you can't hate on it!" stuff? You're opinion is BAD from any sense of logic and reason. Yeah only management knows, so why are we even discussing it? There is ZERO chance they alternate sitting NHL all-star Erik Karlsson in a year we're hosting the all-star game.

Sensfanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 11:31 AM
  #83
trentmccleary
Registered User
 
trentmccleary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Alfie-Ville
Posts: 18,807
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenzZen View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
I think it will be easier to send Cowen to Bingo rather than Rundblad so I think Rundblad will start in Ottawa.
1) How so?
Dorion said that he had an out clause to Sweden that he could exercise if he didn't make the NHL.

He's had a much better season in a professional league than Cowen did in a junior league.

trentmccleary is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 11:37 AM
  #84
H2O
Registered User
 
H2O's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,708
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensfanman View Post
What's with all this "I'm allowed to have an opinion, you can't hate on it!" stuff? You're opinion is BAD from any sense of logic and reason. Yeah only management knows, so why are we even discussing it? There is ZERO chance they alternate sitting NHL all-star Erik Karlsson in a year we're hosting the all-star game.
It's stuff I say when someone just *****es at an opinion without offering anything else to the topic. I never said you can't hate on it, don't put words in my mouth. Your opinion is that my opinion is bad, that's fine. Karlsson was a healthy scratch earlier in the season when he tried to do too much. The sitting seem to not bother him and in fact may have helped him to become an All Star this year. My original point is moot if he improves defensively next season, which I never excluded from the possibility.

H2O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 12:52 PM
  #85
Beville
#ForTheBoys
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Engerlanddd!
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 3,533
vCash: 500
I don't mind on either of them appearing on the Sens Roster for next season...

My only want however, is Carkner to still be on the team.

Beville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 02:45 PM
  #86
aragorn
YES WE CAN
 
aragorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: Azores
Posts: 11,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenzZen View Post
1) How so?

2) Friendly wager?
Quote:
Originally Posted by trentmccleary View Post
Dorion said that he had an out clause to Sweden that he could exercise if he didn't make the NHL.

He's had a much better season in a professional league than Cowen did in a junior league.
There's two good reasons & I think that Cowen will require more time to get accoustomed to the speed & quick decision making that is required in the NHL. Just think how much quicker the AHL is over junior & how much faster he will have to make decisions to move the puck & than the NHL is just that much faster than the AHL.

Rundblad already has world class speed & has been playing in a men's league (SEL), I would think his transition would be easier. However, he may also need some time in the AHL to get adjusted to the smaller ice & the physical play but of the two I would think Rundblad who is older is closer. Just an opinion.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 02:52 PM
  #87
swiftwin
#lalala
 
swiftwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,005
vCash: 500
First, trade/waive/buyout Kuba

Nothing wrong with having 7 D on the roster next year. Competition is good, especially when you have 2 rookies.

go with:
Karlsson
Phillips
Gonchar
Carkner
Lee
Cowen
Rundblad

and just alternate who gets to sit out (one of Carkner, Lee, Cowen or Rundblad) untill an inevitable injury happens.

swiftwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 03:25 PM
  #88
Karlssonlee
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,551
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftwin View Post
First, trade/waive/buyout Kuba

Nothing wrong with having 7 D on the roster next year. Competition is good, especially when you have 2 rookies.

go with:
Karlsson
Phillips
Gonchar
Carkner
Lee
Cowen
Rundblad

and just alternate who gets to sit out (one of Carkner, Lee, Cowen or Rundblad) untill an inevitable injury happens.
Gonchar - Karlsson
Phillips - Lee
Kuba - Cowen/Rundblad
Carkner

I agree,

worked well with Pietro, he had time to adjust and just learn from the pressbox as well, now he made EJ expendable

Karlssonlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 07:34 PM
  #89
TheRealSpez
Registered User
 
TheRealSpez's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 117
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O View Post
Oh look, a drama queen. Don't call me a moron when you bring Spezza in your point out of nowhere just to show how emotionally attached you are to our players. Fans like me are interested to see players being developed the right way. Maybe it's detrimental to sit Karlsson here and there, but maybe it's good for him to see Rundblad learn on the fly and make mistakes, as their game are supposedly very similar. Only management knows. The point is, we can afford to play musical chairs with our D unless someone gets traded. Btw, just because you don't agree doesn't excuse you from sounding like a dick.
My point was that your not going to sit a potent offensive tool just because he isn't as effecient in his own end as a stay at home dman/checker. Spezza is the perfect example, he is a brilliant player that can take over games...when hes healthy. But Spezz led our forwards in turnovers pretty much every year since he came into the league. Some players are just bad defencivly. Not saying EK is that kind of player, i think he has shown enough presence defencivly this year that he will mature into a more rounded player. The fact that you think giving Karlsson time on the b-sens next year will have a positive impact on his progress to becoming a better player, and making this a better team next year is ridiculous. I don't know why i bothered actually replying to your post this time. You are obviously a pessimist who has no clue about player development.

If Karlsson's season didn't impress you, i don't know what kind of expectations you have for a 19 yo. OMGZZ Karlsson - Kuba pairing got lit up this year? on a lottery team? Karlsson only led our team in scoring his first full season? Lets let him sharpen his skills in the press box while we laugh at Brian Lee trying to QB our PP...


Last edited by TheRealSpez: 03-12-2011 at 08:03 PM.
TheRealSpez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 05:08 AM
  #90
TheRealSpez
Registered User
 
TheRealSpez's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 117
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O View Post
It's stuff I say when someone just *****es at an opinion without offering anything else to the topic. I never said you can't hate on it, don't put words in my mouth. Your opinion is that my opinion is bad, that's fine. Karlsson was a healthy scratch earlier in the season when he tried to do too much. The sitting seem to not bother him and in fact may have helped him to become an All Star this year. My original point is moot if he improves defensively next season, which I never excluded from the possibility.
By the way the only reason EK was a healthy scratch this year is because CC is an absolute joke and our organization was looking for its newest scape goat to justify being one of the bottom 3 teams in the league. CC will not be around beyond the off season to dampen our teams creativity and overall competitiveness. It is our coaching staffs fault that our style of play isn't getting the job done, not because our youngest most talented defencman isn't buying into a defencive system that is **** to begin with...

TheRealSpez is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:39 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.