HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryan Strome - "The Unnatural"

Old
03-11-2011, 12:46 PM
fried0

vCash: 500
Nice video!!! Keep 'em comin'

fried0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 02:23 PM
Fenix Rises 2026
Alfie forever!

I too was pretty impressed....by the music. It's a song called "Feedback in the fields" by Plants and Animals. (I had to look it up). As for strome, I think his stats are inflated by the fact that he's very good at the sport.

Last edited by Fenix Rises 2026: 03-11-2011 at 02:29 PM.
Fenix Rises 2026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 02:43 PM
EastCoastSensFan

Strome looks like a really good player. I wonder if he was end up as good as he looks to be and become this year’s Skinner or if he will end up taking a back seat to the top 4.

EastCoastSensFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 03:53 PM
PablitoArg

Strome sounds like a super hero name ...

Like Storm or some shiat like that. So now we have...

Landeskog = Machine
Strome = Super hero name

= DRAFT BOTH

RNH sounds like a british name, Sir Hopkins.... not good enough in my books

PablitoArg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 04:20 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Let's Win It All

Quote:
Originally Posted by PablitoArg View Post
Strome sounds like a super hero name ...

Like Storm or some shiat like that. So now we have...

Landeskog = Machine
Strome = Super hero name

= DRAFT BOTH

RNH sounds like a british name, Sir Hopkins.... not good enough in my books
LMFAOO, i died of laughterrrr!

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 04:43 PM
The Waffler
Can wipe my own ass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by senswon View Post
If we can turn our first 2 picks into

Strome-RNH
Strome-Landeskog

= JE WANT
That would be amazing.

The Waffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 04:52 PM
Alfieghetti
inflamed

*****machine. Landeskog means *****machine.

Alfieghetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 04:59 PM
Berserker*

How is Strome in all other facets of the game (defensive awareness, commitment to defensive play, board play, play in traffic, physical play and overall compete level)?

He certainly has some creative offensive moves, I am just concerned as to how complete of a player is he. If someone could give me a completely honest break down of Strome's ability in other levels of his game without trying to hype up areas where he isn't as good or complete or try it would be preferred.

It kind of sounds as if a Landeskog and Strome combination for the first round would be the best possible option.

Berserker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 05:23 PM
CR15

This is the guy I wanted early in the season (before it was apparent the team was going to bomb) we shall see what happens but I would be thrilled to see this kid don a Sens jersey.

CR15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 09:17 PM
Marty Straka
Don't Stop Believin'

Well... he just took on the 67s and scored the game-tying and game winner tonight.. putting him up to 101pts on the season.

Old
03-11-2011, 09:18 PM
Kekumba

Send a message via AIM to Kekumba Send a message via MSN to Kekumba Send a message via Skype™ to Kekumba
Was a nice shot. One-timer from just inside the blue line (and on the PP). Oh and the tying goal was brutal. Good for him, but it was pretty much identical to the goal McElhinney gave up tonight.

Kekumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 12:26 AM
Curtinho
Frysk Bloed

Good game for Strome tonight -- god damn his shot is a ****ing laser. His second goal was a beautiful one timer. Unreal. 1st star tonight against Ottawa (I'd like to point out that the Ottawa team was clearly better than the Niagara team, and the refs had a lot to do with them losing.)

Curtinho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 12:39 PM
4thliner*

Strome's one on one skills are unreal. He is a far better one on one player than Nugen-Hopkins. Only think Hopkins has on his is a bit on the vision and is more shifty.

Strome has more grit between the 2.

4thliner* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 12:40 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPhoenixM View Post
Good game for Strome tonight -- god damn his shot is a ****ing laser. His second goal was a beautiful one timer. Unreal. 1st star tonight against Ottawa (I'd like to point out that the Ottawa team was clearly better than the Niagara team, and the refs had a lot to do with them losing.)
What I've been wanting to see from Strome is that shot get off quicker from the top of the circle and see him one time it. Both his goals were a great example of what I wanted to see. Great stuff. He has fantastic potential. Kind of a boom/bust guy though. He might get his head taken off in the NHL if he keeps cutting into the middle (he seems to be very aware and picks his spots though, I like what I've seen. Might be the reason why he doesn't have major concussion problems).

On a related note, I got started on my Sea Dogs vids. Huberdeau's is going to be epic . He's a bloody human highlight reel. Beaulieu blows me away as well.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 12:46 PM
Curtinho
Frysk Bloed

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
What I've been wanting to see from Strome is that shot get off quicker from the top of the circle and see him one time it. Both his goals were a great example of what I wanted to see. Great stuff. He has fantastic potential. Kind of a boom/bust guy though. He might get his head taken off in the NHL if he keeps cutting into the middle (he seems to be very aware and picks his spots though, I like what I've seen. Might be the reason why he doesn't have major concussion problems).

On a related note, I got started on my Sea Dogs vids. Huberdeau's is going to be epic . He's a bloody human highlight reel. Beaulieu blows me away as well.
That team is ridiculously stacked. I just realized how good of a team they are. 6 regulation losses all season.

Yeah Strome's shot is just insane. It's a straight snipe show when he gets a pass on his stick. That's why I think that if we also drafted Prince there's a good shot they could be a tandem on our team in the future with Prince's playmaking abilities and hardworking style to get the puck to Strome for them beauty shots. Could be our Stamkos/St. Louis lite.

I've noticed that Strome is very aware of where he is and others are on the ice. He knows just when to cut an angle to avoid players coming towards him and he handles the puck so smoothly so he creates good room for himself.

Curtinho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 12:50 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPhoenixM View Post
I've noticed that Strome is very aware of where he is and others are on the ice. He knows just when to cut an angle to avoid players coming towards him and he handles the puck so smoothly so he creates good room for himself.
For the most part I agree. I'm just worried he might underestimate a guy and get Peter Schaefered one day (yes, that was another paralell to Tim Connolly).

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 08:10 PM
karlskiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
Thanks for the kind words folks. I have a busy work schedule over the next week but I'm going to start working on videos for the Saint Johns Seadog prospects. Not sure if I'll do one video featuring them all or 4 separate videos. Probably the latter, it'll just take more time.

I'd like to have videos for the top 10 prospects in this year's draft (in my eyes) done by the draft so I can do a YouTube top 10. Other guys I plan on doing are Mark Stone (for the sens hf faithful), Matt Dumba, Shane Prince, Tyler Toffoli, Ryan Martindale and Nail Yakupov. I really want to do a Jensen one but the highlights available for Oshawa games sucks. I'll have to work pretty hard for that one.
Stoked for the Stone and Yakupov ones

karlskiller is offline   Reply With Quote