HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Datsyuk not comming back rumor not true

Closed Thread

Old
07-28-2005, 06:16 PM
octopi

vCash: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Galvin
Both need to be signed,sealed,and delivered. Get it done!!!
Agreed. Unfortunatly, I spent my last $3 mill buying hockey tickets

Old
07-28-2005, 07:14 PM
sparr0w

vCash: 500
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hocke...-roundup_x.htm
Quote:
Holland has several players he wants to re-sign, but seems to be having trouble in talks with Pavel Datsyuk.

"I've talked to his agent and we're still a long, long way apart," Holland said. "He has a chance to play in Russia, but I can't overpay him no matter how good he is. I want to get it done with him, but it doesn't make sense to throw your cap out of whack to do it."
Really makes me wonder what Dynamo is offering over there. And if we won't match it now what are the odds we'll match it after this season? Pretty slim.

DAMN IT!!! Trade his rights for what you can, sign Hank, and move on. F**K I hate agents! Pavel's agent (Greenstin) is likely trying to follow the Bykov(Greenstin is also Bykov's agent) plan. Play in Russia for similar money until you can come over unrestricted and shop yourself around.

Old
07-28-2005, 07:21 PM
JackTalkThai

Datsyuk is looking like he's going to stay over in Russia and that's REALLY going to hurt the Wings unless some 1st line centers are bought out and the Wings are able to sign them for cheap, but I doubt that happening as front line centers are highly desirable commodities that teams will not want to get rid of.

Unfortunately, signing Zetterberg and Datsyuk to contracts that they more than likely deserve takes up way too much of the 14 or so million of cap space that the Wings have...cap space that Ken Holland has to find a way to sign 11 or so free agents with.

Fact is..this new CBA is going to kill clubs like Detroit for a few years.

Oh well....

Old
07-28-2005, 08:18 PM
Winger98
powers combined

Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTalkThai
Datsyuk is looking like he's going to stay over in Russia and that's REALLY going to hurt the Wings unless some 1st line centers are bought out and the Wings are able to sign them for cheap, but I doubt that happening as front line centers are highly desirable commodities that teams will not want to get rid of.

Unfortunately, signing Zetterberg and Datsyuk to contracts that they more than likely deserve takes up way too much of the 14 or so million of cap space that the Wings have...cap space that Ken Holland has to find a way to sign 11 or so free agents with.

Fact is..this new CBA is going to kill clubs like Detroit for a few years.

Oh well....
you know, I would actually consider overspending a bit for the right player and then finding cheaper options elsewhere if the right player came along (forsberg).

Old
07-28-2005, 08:57 PM
doublejack

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTalkThai
...Unfortunately, signing Zetterberg and Datsyuk to contracts that they more than likely deserve takes up way too much of the 14 or so million of cap space that the Wings have...cap space that Ken Holland has to find a way to sign 11 or so free agents with. ...
That's what I've been saying. I know NGO says we can have both Lang @ 3.8M and Datsyuk @ something over 2.5M (probably more like 3M+) but if you do the math it really doesn't work. The end result would be two decent lines, and two lines of warm bodies making the league minium. That ain't gonna cut it.

Old
07-28-2005, 09:01 PM
doublejack

Quote:
Originally Posted by norrisnick
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hocke...-roundup_x.htm

Really makes me wonder what Dynamo is offering over there. And if we won't match it now what are the odds we'll match it after this season? Pretty slim.

DAMN IT!!! Trade his rights for what you can, sign Hank, and move on. F**K I hate agents! Pavel's agent (Greenstin) is likely trying to follow the Bykov(Greenstin is also Bykov's agent) plan. Play in Russia for similar money until you can come over unrestricted and shop yourself around.
I hate to say I told you so, but I've been saying for over a month now that Dats probably wasn't comming back. Holland just can't compete with 2M tax-free in Russia. I'd do exactly what you said, trade Dats rights for a pick and just move on. Bykov wasn't worth anything, but at least we could get a pick out of Datsyuk. Holland better move him quick tho, Aug 15th is the deadline for a team to sign him.

Old
07-28-2005, 09:54 PM
garry1221

Send a message via AIM to garry1221
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublejack
I hate to say I told you so, but I've been saying for over a month now that Dats probably wasn't comming back. Holland just can't compete with 2M tax-free in Russia. I'd do exactly what you said, trade Dats rights for a pick and just move on. Bykov wasn't worth anything, but at least we could get a pick out of Datsyuk. Holland better move him quick tho, Aug 15th is the deadline for a team to sign him.
if we do go that route, as much as it'd suck, i'd say try trading to atlanta... anywhere out east preferably, but atl would bring the younger bodies i'd imagine... plus can you imagine how scary a kovalchuk/datsyuk/heatley line would be

i'll agree with ngo though, we can keep lang and dats and still fill the roster fairly will i believe. Given that dats and hank re up here's what he have thus far... had it in another thread, but i'll give my preview again, now that shanny's a definite for next year as well

holmstrom - lang - shanny
zetterberg - datsyuk - dandenault/ufa
maltby - draper - mowers
williams - stevie - ufa or prospect

lidstrom - kronwall
fischer - rivers
ufa/prospect - ufa/prospect

legace
macdonald/ozzie(should the rumor be true)/ufa

the above preview takes into account that datsyuk, zetterberg, kronwall, yzerman, williams and dandenault all re-sign. the wings have almost 17 million to re-sign everyone and pick up a couple ufa's. our main need as shown in the preview is D... a 2nd line winger would be nice, but the wings have always shown to be versatile when it comes to moving players around.

My estimations for who we need to re-sign follows:

Datsyuk: 2.5 - 3.5 (i'm guessing around 3 mil. depending how much stevie signs for i'll stretch it to 4)
zetterberg 1.5 - 2.5 (right now i'll give the slight edge to datsyuk, but future we'll have more cap space to re-up zetterberg for more)
kronwall 1 - 1.5 (he's proven to be a star in the A, but he's gotta prove it in the N to get more IMO)
yzerman 2 - 3 tops (my guess is closer to 2, everyone knows times have changed)
williams .5 - 1.25 (he had a good year in the finnish league, his prior qo would've only been ~ .5)
dandenault 1.25 - 1.75 (post rollback last year he would've been at 1.25)
Totals: 8.75 - 13.5

given our 17 mil max for the cap we've got between 3.75 and 8.25 to pick up one or two UFA's. mind you that's IF all players on the list are signed for the numbers on or between the list. woolley and cheli would/could be cheap options for dmen should the need arise. also, i believe rivers can play forward if we need... beleive he played a few times last season.

another thought i just had was, if possible, depending how other contracts end up... it could be possible to frontload datsyuk's contract... hope that isn't the case, and will be very sad if it turns out to be, but it could work and we'd have a little more space available come next year.

Old
07-28-2005, 11:19 PM
A Good Flying Bird*

Quote:
Originally Posted by garry1221
if we do go that route, as much as it'd suck, i'd say try trading to atlanta... anywhere out east preferably, but atl would bring the younger bodies i'd imagine... plus can you imagine how scary a kovalchuk/datsyuk/heatley line would be

i'll agree with ngo though, we can keep lang and dats and still fill the roster fairly will i believe. Given that dats and hank re up here's what he have thus far... had it in another thread, but i'll give my preview again, now that shanny's a definite for next year as well

holmstrom - lang - shanny
zetterberg - datsyuk - dandenault/ufa
maltby - draper - mowers
williams - stevie - ufa or prospect

lidstrom - kronwall
fischer - rivers
ufa/prospect - ufa/prospect

legace
macdonald/ozzie(should the rumor be true)/ufa

the above preview takes into account that datsyuk, zetterberg, kronwall, yzerman, williams and dandenault all re-sign. the wings have almost 17 million to re-sign everyone and pick up a couple ufa's. our main need as shown in the preview is D... a 2nd line winger would be nice, but the wings have always shown to be versatile when it comes to moving players around.

My estimations for who we need to re-sign follows:

Datsyuk: 2.5 - 3.5 (i'm guessing around 3 mil. depending how much stevie signs for i'll stretch it to 4)
zetterberg 1.5 - 2.5 (right now i'll give the slight edge to datsyuk, but future we'll have more cap space to re-up zetterberg for more)
kronwall 1 - 1.5 (he's proven to be a star in the A, but he's gotta prove it in the N to get more IMO)
yzerman 2 - 3 tops (my guess is closer to 2, everyone knows times have changed)
williams .5 - 1.25 (he had a good year in the finnish league, his prior qo would've only been ~ .5)
dandenault 1.25 - 1.75 (post rollback last year he would've been at 1.25)
Totals: 8.75 - 13.5

given our 17 mil max for the cap we've got between 3.75 and 8.25 to pick up one or two UFA's. mind you that's IF all players on the list are signed for the numbers on or between the list. woolley and cheli would/could be cheap options for dmen should the need arise. also, i believe rivers can play forward if we need... beleive he played a few times last season.

another thought i just had was, if possible, depending how other contracts end up... it could be possible to frontload datsyuk's contract... hope that isn't the case, and will be very sad if it turns out to be, but it could work and we'd have a little more space available come next year.

Well, get ready to be a bottom feeder with that lineup.

Old
07-29-2005, 01:18 AM
kira

Send a message via ICQ to kira Send a message via Yahoo to kira
I don't care how you do it, and I don't care what it takes...we NEED Pasha and Henrik under contract. Damn it, he's worth the money...give it to him!

Old
07-29-2005, 08:34 AM
doublejack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsguyone
Well, get ready to be a bottom feeder with that lineup.
/agree

That defense corps is brutal... and there's no scoring line to be found... and the goaltending won't hold up. This illustrates exactly why the Wings will have to deal somebody if Datsyuk demands crazy money... and he'd be the one I trade since he can be a UFA next season.

Old
07-29-2005, 01:20 PM
sarcastro

Cujo is not under contract, and even if they do re-sign him, it won't be anywhere near 7.5.

Old
07-29-2005, 03:35 PM
A Good Flying Bird*

Quote:
That defense corps is brutal... and there's no scoring line to be found... and the goaltending won't hold up. This illustrates exactly why the Wings will have to deal somebody if Datsyuk demands crazy money... and he'd be the one I trade since he can be a UFA next season.
Problem is, not signing Datsyuk only saves us $3 Million.
So we lose a youngish All Star and replace him with what?

The real problem with the Red WIngs is that everyone currently under contract is 20-50 percent overpaid.

Tomas Holmstrom is way overpaid. He's a one million guy. He's a liability everywhere except on the powerplay.
Even Kirk Maltby and Kris Draper are overpaid, now, in my book.

If Yzerman gets $2Million, he's overpaid.
Obviously, Lidstrom is overpaid..

If Datsyuk isn't worth $3.2M, than Lang is overpaid, too.

IMO, in the new NHL, your third liners can't make more than $1.2 to $1.5 M.
Your fourth liners better be at the minimum.

Your 5-6 defensemen should be $1M or less.

This gives you the ability to pay some money for the real players.

Closed Thread