HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

[LAK/EDM] Dustin Penner to LAK for Colten Teubert, 1st 2011, Cond 2nd/3rd 2012

Old
03-04-2011, 02:39 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
The bottom line for me is this is the kind of trade I've been waiting for. The Kings are usually on the opposite end on these kinds of trades. Lombardi has been stockpiling prospects, they are incredibly deep on defense and they traded a long shot prospect for a proven 30 goal scorer who isn't about to retire. And for all the fans that are curious about what kind of player Teubert will turn out to be the stove just got turned up to high. Colton will not be able to hide in Ontario anymore, he will now be followed under a microscope until he either makes the NHL or flops out entirely.
This tells you that the rebuild is for the most part complete (at least the build from within part). The cupboards are loaded and it's time to get the team some more valuable playoff experience. This is where I hope that the Oilers will be in 3-5 years.

03-04-2011, 03:07 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
I don't think we should be making fun of Hemsky anymore, the whole "Hemsky is still out" thing was hilarious for awhile but it's played out.

Plus we just lost one of our best prospects to season ending shoulder surgery for the second time before his 21st birthday.
Bandit touched on it already, but this was not meant to make fun of Hemsky.

I posted it to show how ridiculously stupid the Schenn for paper mache Hemsky demands coming out of Edmonton were.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 03:14 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by adevandry View Post
Bandit touched on it already, but this was not meant to make fun of Hemsky.

I posted it to show how ridiculously stupid the Schenn for paper mache Hemsky demands coming out of Edmonton were.
Great nickname! It really is too bad because he is one hell of a talented hockey player.

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 12:19 PM
Duc620

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Great nickname! It really is too bad because he is one hell of a talented hockey player.
We may have our own paper-mache points machine - goes by the name of Loktionov.

Duc620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 09:20 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc620 View Post
We may have our own paper-mache points machine - goes by the name of Loktionov.
At least yours won't be asking for the keys to the city in a years time

Old
03-06-2011, 01:03 PM
Randart

Well Now Bryan....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Look at what happened to Hall tonight, no retaliation, that's why we need guys like Teubert because I'd wonder if there was a pair of balls that could be mustered between half of our roster. Some of our fans don't hold toughness in a high regard, I do and that's why I wanted Clifford and why I am warming up to Teubert.

Got a great Teubert or as I call him Teub Steak Comment for you from when he was first drafted and why I do adore him... When asked what kind of game he brings he just said it plainly in CT style. The other team will respect the logo or they will be paying for it! How can you not love this Marty McSorely Style of comment. You can expect him to be this kind of stand up team mate in my opinion and that is as huge a compliment as I could make about a Defenseman of his style!!!

Randart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 01:26 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randart View Post
Got a great Teubert or as I call him Teub Steak Comment for you from when he was first drafted and why I do adore him... When asked what kind of game he brings he just said it plainly in CT style. The other team will respect the logo or they will be paying for it! How can you not love this Marty McSorely Style of comment. You can expect him to be this kind of stand up team mate in my opinion and that is as huge a compliment as I could make about a Defenseman of his style!!!
Great stuff! At first I must admit I wasn't very high on him, then I got to see that he sticks up for his teammates and that he has a bit of crazy in his game (this is why I wanted Clifford!) and I'm sold. He's also scored in both AHL games that he's played in under the Oilers umbrella. His upside may/may not be as a top 4 defenseman but he is a pure character player and every good team needs those.

Old
03-11-2011, 10:19 AM
Pointteen

Hey guys, curious Oilers fan wondering how Penner has been for you guys? Does he fit well into your system? I'm hoping for the best for him. haha

Thanks

Pointteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 10:33 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

So far so good. His size and skill are making things a little easier for our top line. Its too soon to say if he is going to be the answer for us long term but so far I like his play allot.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 11:06 AM
Pointteen

Awesome. Glad to hear he's meshing well.

Pointteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 12:59 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

I think his game meshes well with the style the Kings play. So far I like what I've seen. He isn't a superstar but he uses his size and makes some good plays with the puck. If there is one thing I have been surprised with is his passing. He makes some creative plays. I think he and Kopi will work out well together. I hope Penner works out long term because I think the Kings have a good shot a re-signing him at a reasonable rate. I'm sure he'd like to stay in So Cal.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 04:43 PM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

The last two or three games the Kings top line of Penner, Kopitar, and Williams have been pretty amazing. Besides the three starting to mesh as a line, Penner's size, boards play, and passing have really opened up room for Kopitar, something he really hasn't ever had before.

savemefromtears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 04:50 PM
Eytinge

Penner despite his lowly assist totals has always been a great passer. An underrated part of his game for sure.

Eytinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 04:56 PM
DeeMeck

vCash: 50
It's because Hemsky always passed it back to him.

DeeMeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 06:27 PM
oilers2k10
Yak Don't Back Down

vCash: 203
Yeah I always noticed Penner being just as good a playmaker than a sniper..he really is an all around solid forward with size and speed (at least for a big guy)
Even wasnt too bad at killing penalties sometimes for the Oil..and in the last two years his game has been alot more consistent..will be missed in Edmonton, Oilers just had too many top Prospects on the wing waiting for their turn..kinda like LA had too many top Defensive prospects, even on their farm team Teubert had to wait his turn..

Think you guys will also like his ability on the faceoff if he ever plays center..often in key situation he would become the centerman (usually he is 50 percent or higher)

oilers2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 06:44 PM
Mike The Franchise

I think Penner has been a point a game for us so far, besides not registering a point in the 1-0 Kings/Yotes game( Still he was the reason why the puck went in the net with the screen on Bryzgalov) I really love how he plays, he is solid all around and like a few have said already he is a great underrated passer.

Mike The Franchise is offline   Reply With Quote