HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

#68: Thrashers @ Flyers - Saturday, Mar. 12, 2011 - 7:00 PM (ET)

Old
03-12-2011, 09:40 PM
FlyerSithLord

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyerSithLord
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
I am not expecting anything other than that to be honest. I think Leighton will be on the roster next year since he is signed and the Flyers have been unwilling to bury a player in the minors for the duration of their contract.
Sadly, I'm starting to really believe this as well. I'd love for the Flyers to get Vokoun and go with him and Bob. Keep Leighton on the phantoms and have Eriksson back him up. I'm pretty sure he is old enough to play in the ahl now.

FlyerSithLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 09:41 PM
Flyerfan4life

that flub up by Coburn in OT, was horrific...

led directly to the game winning goal.

what was he thinking there ?? no need to get the puck i'll just back off instead and let the ATL. player take it..

WOW...

i was nervous after teh last 2 wins, cuz to me they both looked like lucky wins and didnt really show any true "turn around" game, like Lavi said..

now this ****en effort.. to me this team has been and is STILL in a slump, and its all pointing to first round exit.

Lavi and the front office has to make some serious moves. this is one ****ed up team atm.

Flyerfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 09:41 PM
CdnFlyersFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm6492 View Post
Rolloson would be perfect.....just sayin'.
I think Anderson would have been perfect.....good cap hit too......but as others have stated tenders are only a part of it.....effort sucks....D sucks....makes our average tenders look poor.

CdnFlyersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 09:43 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelValParanormal View Post
Sadly, I'm starting to really believe this as well. I'd love for the Flyers to get Vokoun and go with him and Bob. Keep Leighton on the phantoms and have Eriksson back him up. I'm pretty sure he is old enough to play in the ahl now.
I think that would be a solid choice. I DONT think you need a 1-6 with players like Meszaros playing on the 3rd pairing. Trade someone like Carle or Coburn, get some capspace by letter a Phantom player or 2 compete for a spot (ya we dont need to go signing a 35 yr old d-man for more then needed) and sign a good goalie like a Vokoun. You dont need the best defense in the league when you have a quality goalie.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 09:43 PM
Haute Couturier

Chuck Gormley tweeted this during the game.

Quote:
Apparently, my support of Briere was ill-advised on his diving penalty. Holmgren: "He looked like (Olympic diver) Greg Louganis"

Haute Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 09:46 PM
FlyerSithLord

Send a message via AIM to FlyerSithLord
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
I think that would be a solid choice. I DONT think you need a 1-6 with players like Meszaros playing on the 3rd pairing. Trade someone like Carle or Coburn, get some capspace by letter a Phantom player or 2 compete for a spot (ya we dont need to go signing a 35 yr old d-man for more then needed) and sign a good goalie like a Vokoun. You dont need the best defense in the league when you have a quality goalie.
Exactly. They could afford to degrade the defense a bit if they had a real solid goaltender. A top four of Pronger, Timonen, Mezaros and either Carle/Coburn is still one of the best in the NHL.

FlyerSithLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 09:51 PM
flyersfan018

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan4life View Post
and its all pointing to first round exit.
OH NOES!

flyersfan018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 09:53 PM
mm6492

Quote:

what was he thinking there ?? no need to get the puck i'll just back off instead and let the ATL. player take it..

WOW...

i was nervous after teh last 2 wins, cuz to me they both looked like lucky wins and didnt really show any true "turn around" game, like Lavi said..

now this ****en effort.. to me this team has been and is STILL in a slump, and its all pointing to first round exit.

Lavi and the front office has to make some serious moves. this is one ****ed up team atm.

mm6492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 09:58 PM
Larry44
FlyersTankNation

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan018 View Post
Enstrom goal: absolutely pathetic
play by Timonen, Leaving his man out in front, while they had the puck in the corner, to try and retrieve Bob's stick.

What, was it, Kimmo's first NHL game or what? If your best Dman is that stupid at a crucial time, it doesn't leave much hope for the rest of them. And he compounded his horrible night by forgetting how to play a 2 on 1 in OT, lying down and flailing instead of playing it properly.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 09:58 PM
clockwise

First time I've ever pressed my **** up to an LCD. And if the same guy is here big props to the dick bag from BSH that called shutout when we were up 3-0. ****ing mush.

clockwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 10:08 PM
mm6492

Timonen should have never gone after the stick, that was a stupid move. If anything, give him your stick.

mm6492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 10:21 PM
drownedsailors

Me: Oh hey Family!! do you want to watch my team the Philadelphia Flyers play tonight against the Atlanta Thrashers?

Family: Sure we'll watch them; is your team good?

Me: Yup they're the best in the Eastern Conference!!

*insert third period collapse*

...**** me...

On a serious note: biggest heartbreak game of the year...even worse than the Sharks game...

drownedsailors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 10:37 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Quote:

WOW...

I love the flyers, LOVE them, but I also HATE them when they play like tonight... I mean the first 40, AWESOME!!! the last 20 was 'hey pas me my diaper as I **** myself here for 20 straight minutes.....thanks"

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 10:40 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

THEY'RE BACK!

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 10:45 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5500
People forget, even with the goaltending, this team is designed to be a defense of no mistakes. They have to pretty much be perfect every night in order to get 2 points. I can see 18 shots in the 3rd period, but 4 goals given up is downright repulsive, especially for a defense that is supposedly deep. They choked. Either that's getting turned around, or it's not. Leino scores on the power play to take a 4-2 lead with less than 7 minutes to go. Teams poised for greatness keep that door shut.

In short order this has reverted back to how they were playing last March. They get worse as the game goes on. Loafing through large stretches of the games. The games they get leads in they just expect the other team to go away, and when they don't they're spilling their guts just to make sure they get 2 points (or in some cases, 1). I'm on record as willing to be patient for another week or so, but depending on how they respond to this, can't argue with those considering abandoning the ship. They don't play 60 minutes. Teams who don't play 60 minutes don't play hockey in May. The way they're playing right now, they'll be easy pickings in the first round like they were in 2009, especially if it's the Devils. Oh by the way, for the people who a month ago said it was impossible for the Devils to make up enough points and go 20-3 or whatever...they're 6 points out.

But they still have time to figure it out.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 10:47 PM
usahockey22flyers
Classic Coburn...

The Flyers lost a lot of momentum during the cleaning up of the hats...

usahockey22flyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 11:16 PM
Mike2000z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Downie View Post
Just like the Habs have done so well in the postseason, right?
Just think if we actually had a consistent number 1 goalie. Bob is very awkward when he makes saves at times and is very unsure of himself and even the defense is unsure of him at times. The best way to describe it is lack of confidence. The habs are where they are at because of their goalie because when he has a bad game, they are easily going to lose the game unlike where us since we have a bit stronger lineup, we can overcome the softies at times. They are killers and you have to make those crucial saves being up 3-0, 3-1.

We are forced to rely on a draft pick from over 15 years ago and a rookie. When this team plays, we make our goalie look better than he really is.

Mike2000z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 11:25 PM
Mike2000z28

Our expensive defense hasn't panned out. It seems we upgraded but yet are playing worse. Same with the offense. Im sorry, but when Zherdev is in the lineup, at least i see some speed and skill and he actually skates like he wants to do something productive(regardless if he does or not). Oh no he might turn it over AND????????????? Just never understood that argument personally considering the team is turning it over as a whole consistently and playing lousy defense and then whenever you insert said player into lineup, he looks like he has some jump in him. Richards or Pronger or someone needs to straighten out that locker room because its painfully obvious they don't even respect the coach or system anymore and are doing their own thing.

Mike2000z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 12:05 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
LOL at everyone freaking over this loss. Evander Kane flat out made a great individual effort to get his goal so you can't really fault the Flyers for that one (sometimes you just get beat...it doesn't always have to be someone's fault or lack of effort or not caring). Versteeg had a puck go off the side of the net, crap like that happens all the time in a game, it just so happened that there was a Thrasher at the right place at the right time. Sometimes the bounces don't go your way, sometimes they do. Nothing to worry about.

DrinkFightFlyers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 12:20 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
LOL at everyone freaking over this loss. Evander Kane flat out made a great individual effort to get his goal so you can't really fault the Flyers for that one (sometimes you just get beat...it doesn't always have to be someone's fault or lack of effort or not caring). Versteeg had a puck go off the side of the net, crap like that happens all the time in a game, it just so happened that there was a Thrasher at the right place at the right time. Sometimes the bounces don't go your way, sometimes they do. Nothing to worry about.
LOL

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 12:29 AM
infidelappel*

Quote:
At least if the Flyers season does crumble because they have had their head in their collective arse for over a month now, I'll have small consolation in laughing at you for being either irrationally optimistic or simply ignorant with all of your comments.

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 12:30 AM
Black Ice

While I don't think that the world is ending, I'm still mad. This should have been an easy win.

Black Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 01:20 AM
Jester

Quote:
Well, as long as the other team is trying hard, then I guess it's cool.

Kane did make a nice play... the shot wasn't that great though, Bob should of had that one. Anything that goes through the goalie (it went under his arm because he wasn't tight) isn't really a good goal.

The Versteeg play... was a terribly executed pass.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 01:30 AM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
If Versteeg wants to wear #10, he better find a way to shoot it THROUGH the side of the net....

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 01:31 AM
RIPRichardsCarter

Team is a joke right now. Need to get their ***** out of their heads.

RIPRichardsCarter is offline   Reply With Quote