HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Vladimir Orszagh?

Closed Thread

Old
07-29-2005, 11:31 AM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

vCash: 500
Vladimir Orszagh?

According to TSN, Nashville did not give him a QO, making him a UFA. The reasoning was the he tore his MCL and ACL in his knee, but Vlad feels that he could be ready for training camp. Do you think he fits in Buffalo, as a hardworking checking line RW? I know, I know, way too many forwards, but if there was room [a huge if], do you think he would be a good fit?

Old
07-29-2005, 11:49 AM
joechip

Send a message via Yahoo to joechip
I like Orszagh, but I just don't see where there's room for him on this team at this point.

If he's unsigned after camp starts and a couple of the kids are failing to impress, he would definately be worth a look as a 3rd/4th liner.

Ta,

Old
07-29-2005, 11:52 AM
Rowley Birkin

I like Orszagh, i think hes a decent 2nd/3rd liner that is good value. But we have way too many players like him already. If we somehow moved say, Connolly, Pyatt, Grier, and Miro, and Max stays in Russia and we didn't end up getting any other forwards in then maybe i could see a place for him. Otherwise not.

So i don't expect to see him as even a consideration.

Old
07-29-2005, 01:00 PM
Ruckus007
Said too much

I think he'd be a wonderful semi-replacement for Satan.... if he wasn't hurt. I like Orszagh a lot.

But with the knee problems, I'd shy away from anything that isn't very close to minimal dollar.

Old
07-29-2005, 05:18 PM
Rob Paxon
Z E M G U S

Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
With our roster I think I'll pass, although I really love this guy's game. If we were certain of his health and room was made through trades and guys not re-signed, then I'd sure be interested in him.

Old
07-29-2005, 05:44 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
Orzsagh is the freakin man. No doubt he would add instant hustle and hard work to any lineup.

Old
07-29-2005, 06:07 PM
Rowley Birkin

wow. this must be one of the first topics i've ever seen here that everyone is pretty much agreed on.

Old
07-29-2005, 06:10 PM
sba

Send a message via AIM to sba
You know who got bought out that I wouldn't mind seeing here is Shawn McEachern.

Old
07-29-2005, 07:12 PM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Wow, I guess I picked the right guy, eh? Yeah, I kind of saw him as a better Grier. Playing with Drury and Hecht, I can see him putting up 20-30-50 in a season.

Old
07-29-2005, 08:16 PM
Rowley Birkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikeGiftingMan
Wow, I guess I picked the right guy, eh? Yeah, I kind of saw him as a better Grier. Playing with Drury and Hecht, I can see him putting up 20-30-50 in a season.
i see him as more of a 3rd liner than a 2nd, but i agree none the less. As soon as i saw he wasn't resigned by Nashville, i thought he'd look nice wearing a Sabres jersey.

Id definately take him over Grier. Smaller and not quite as tough, but he is a better player imo, and probably even harder working. And most likely a fair bit cheaper too

Assuming the worst over Miro, he leaves and we don't sign a replacement:

Hecht-Briere-Dumont
Vanek-Drury-Kotalik/Afinogenov
Kotalik/Afinogenov-Roy-Orszagh

its kinda hard to match up the lines, but it might work. I don't see enough offence there though.

Closed Thread