HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who wins goalie battle ?

Closed Thread

Old
07-29-2005, 07:13 PM
Evgeny Oliker

vCash: 674
Who wins goalie battle ?

What do you guys think will happen at end of this season with Montoya,Lundqvist,Labarbra, and Weekes fighting for #1 spot?

I see it this way:

Lundqvist becomes the #1 starter
Labarbra wins the backup role
Montoya shows he can be a #1, just not as good as Lundqvist,so we trade Montoya for help at forward/D
Weekes we let go after this season.

Old
07-29-2005, 07:19 PM
NYC Aim 4588

vCash:
Forsberg, I dont think I could have said it better myself.

What you wrote is absolutley what i think, Lunds wins the starter, Labarbs backing up, Weekes after this year becomes a free agent and Montoya ( who I feel will be a Jeff Hackett type goalie and thats all, which is not all that bad , but its no Richter type goalie ) will be moved to maybe a team like L.A or maybe Ottawa who knows someone who could take a chance on a goalie with #1 potential for some help on FWD or D.

I personally dont think that Lunds even needs to be in Hrtfd, he has dominated in his country playing against NHL'ers and men in his own league for 2 or 3 years and dominated, the only difference from Euro and N.A is the ice size and some different rules, I think Lundqvist will adjust more than fine, and yes when Lundqvist becomes the #1 I will get myself a Jersey with his name

Last edited by NYC Aim 4588: 07-29-2005 at 07:24 PM.

Old
07-29-2005, 07:28 PM
ranger108218

vCash: 500
according to this interview mms://msgvox2.cv.net/msgnetwork.com/07_2005/sather729.asf sather says that the goalie spot is up in the air....he mentions blackburn may be healthy enough to compete for the spot. Also says that the rangers will b signing a FA goalie as well as giving Chris Holt a chance. Funny that in the interview he dosent mention weekes at all...unless i missed it.

Old
07-29-2005, 07:48 PM
NYC Aim 4588

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger108218
according to this interview mms://msgvox2.cv.net/msgnetwork.com/07_2005/sather729.asf sather says that the goalie spot is up in the air....he mentions blackburn may be healthy enough to compete for the spot. Also says that the rangers will b signing a FA goalie as well as giving Chris Holt a chance. Funny that in the interview he dosent mention weekes at all...unless i missed it.
I would love Blackburn to be 100% healthy again , he was may favorite of all NYR's goalies and i was looking at him as a definite #1 . Anyway with that Im glad to hear that Holt is getting mentioned as deserving as he is as anyone else. Im not big on weekes though he might be signed even maybe Osgood or who knows Potvin, anyone of those vets could be signed and could share half a season with a young guy , I do not like Osgood at all very overrated goalie.

Old
07-29-2005, 07:57 PM
Firefly

Send a message via AIM to Firefly Send a message via Skype™ to Firefly
Man, I'd love to see them all in NY but someone is going to get screwed.

I'd love for it to be:

Lundqvist/Blackburn in NY.

Montoya/Holt?/?? in HFD.

Weekes/Labarbera...out of the picture any way possible.

But I know that won't happen so this is what I think may realisticly happen:

Weekes/Lundqvist in NY.

Montoya/Labarbera in HFD.

Holt with the Checkers? Or back at school if possible? I have no idea about Holt, barely know anything about him.

Blackburn, as much as I wish he can make a comeback, I fear he will be one of the men out and will decide to cash in on his disability while he still can. I'd love to see him make it as even an AHL goaltender or backup but he may not be able to, or may not even want to.

Larbabera traded.

Old
07-29-2005, 09:15 PM
DarthSather99

I don't care who wins. Whoever wins the Rangers win as we will have a great goalie on our hands. The competiton will make them better and trading the loser will get us some prospects/picks.

Old
07-29-2005, 09:33 PM
neversummer

I say weeks plays. Neither Lunquist nor Montoya will be the starter out of camp. Labarbara looks shaky at the NHL level. Weeks can be thrown to the wolves with a young D in front of him lead by Kaspar and Poti without worry. My true fear is that Lundquist proves to be a bona fide NHL goalie (all evidence suggests he will) before we can build a solid defense corps to play in front of him.

Old
07-29-2005, 09:51 PM
otto1219

im really pulling for lundqvist montoya just has not really impressed me and i keep thinking back to that senators with labarbera. i just hope henrik is as good as we all hope.

Old
07-29-2005, 09:58 PM
NYR2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2forsbergaura1
Montoya shows he can be a #1, just not as good as Lundqvist,so we trade Montoya for help at forward/D
Are you serious? After one season you could see him being traded? I highly doubt it.

Closed Thread