HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

Blues vs Caps. 7pm. 3/3/11

Old
03-04-2011, 07:06 PM
Raikkonen
In GMBT we trust

vCash: 500
Fehr also may get MaJo's spot.

Ovechkin-Backstrom-Knuble
Laich-Arnott-Semin
Chimera-Hendricks-Bradley
Sturm-Gordon-Fehr

Raikkonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 07:28 PM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruProf View Post
Fehr also may get MaJo's spot.

Ovechkin-Backstrom-Knuble
Laich-Arnott-Semin
Chimera-Hendricks-Bradley
Sturm-Gordon-Fehr
no...absolutely not. Hendricks is not a center. he's barely a center in a pinch. If 90 cant play or his game comes apart in the playoffs, Gordon would center 3 and Beagle would center 4. Sturm and Fehr on 4? really?

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 07:36 PM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

vCash: 50
I have a feeling MaJo has won the 3rd line job and should continue to be an every game player. If Smiles doesn't score, I see him scratched for Fehr. Smiles = Sturm. Maybe Hendricks. I think Bruce is enamored with Chimera's speed. It must F with defenses.

Bradley has been rounding up into playoff form. I wish fight stats would track mo shifts.

Positive Mo Shift / deflation of Oppositions Mo >> Winning the fight or fight class. I suspect Bradley would be near the top of the list of Mo grabbing. I laughed when I saw the blue bench applauding their guy getting pummeled. Sucked the Mo right out of them.

Last edited by RandyHolt: 03-04-2011 at 07:47 PM.
RandyHolt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 07:40 PM
Fallschirmyager

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post

That, or Arnott carries the team himself.
Arnott does not need to carry this team. His knowledge and experience give instant credibility so when he calls a player out they will be pressured by the rest of the team to step up. THAT is the most important thing he can bring to the table. Any points he brings will be gravy.

Fallschirmyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 09:57 PM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingmanCD View Post
While I'm happy we won, I'm not one of those in the "Huzzah, we've turned the corner" camp. Winning is nice and all, but beating the Islanders(3rd worst team in the league) and St. Louis(worst road team) isn't enough to make me dance with jubilation.

Also, the second period was one of the sloppiest exhibitions of neutral zone play I've ever seen from a team. Thank god St. Louis was incapable of cashing in on it's numerous chances, because I'm not sure the Caps deserve to win if they're going to play like that.

Between the two teams we last played and the four coming up, you'd be hard pressed to argue that more than 2 of the 6 are anything but basement dwellers, let alone playoff caliber. So if we could not clown around in the neutral zone and hope our 22yo netminder bails us out, that would be a wonderful step in the right direction.
What are you, a civil war reenactor.

BiPolar Caps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 11:16 PM
meanolthing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref9 View Post
What are you, a civil war reenactor.
War of Northern Aggression

meanolthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 02:24 PM
WcRoenick97

Quote:
Originally Posted by WcRoenick97 View Post
Said it in the game thread Tuedsay night that Backstrom is looking like he is starting to shake the rust off. He looked like his old self for the first 10 minutes of that game. It's happening exactly like Ovechkin's return to dominance. Slowly but surely, and then he is going to break out and start playing like he did last year every game. This team is getting hot at the right time. They're about to reel off a good amount of wins in the next 17. The bandwagon is about to get full again.
Where is my crystal ball?

WcRoenick97 is offline   Reply With Quote