HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bingo v Charlotte

Old
03-12-2011, 10:18 PM
Xspyrit

vCash: 500
Looks like an ECHL guy was key for the win... (Bailey with 2 goals)

KK and some BIngo fans must feel a bit weird

PS : Derek Grant is going to be one of Bingo best players very soon. Probably next season since we are very late in that one...

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 10:29 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xspyrit View Post
Looks like an ECHL guy was key for the win... (Bailey with 2 goals)

KK and some BIngo fans must feel a bit weird

PS : Derek Grant is going to be one of Bingo best players very soon. Probably next season since we are very late in that one...
Xspyrit, why must you fuel the fire?? I respect your hockey knowledge but you lack in your social skills..

This is why the animosity exists between the two cities..lead by example for pete's sake..Bingo won after a tough road trip, that's what this is about..

Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 10:49 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Congrats on a big win, let's hope they keep it going.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 10:59 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski View Post
Xspyrit, why must you fuel the fire?? I respect your hockey knowledge but you lack in your social skills..

This is why the animosity exists between the two cities..lead by example for pete's sake..Bingo won after a tough road trip, that's what this is about..
I wouldn't call out his social skills for taking a light jab over the Internet.

Yay for Bingo.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 12:55 AM
Xspyrit

Quote:

haha maybe... but I dunno how related it could be.

I want Bingo to make the playoffs as well, but I want people to understand that both teams are not in the situation they wanted to be. But it was bound to happen at some point and it is now. Tough times... but if Bingo make the playoffs, then it's a big accomplishment considering the circumstances.

Also, just to show that this ECHL thing is over-dramatized... Even a guy like Bailey can win you an AHL game. See other Bingo threads for more info.

Last edited by Xspyrit: 03-13-2011 at 04:06 PM.
Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 09:22 AM
sens83

vCash: 50
Quote:
You're right, passed over Wick and I shouldn't have..could have easily been 1-0 opening minute if it wasn't for Pogge making an incredible save..and he did burn the d-man (forget who) in the 2nd only to be stopped by Pogge again..

Wick ha s really turned it up and I now see the talent ppl have mentioned about him, it's his confidence and he gets the physical play of N.A. and has adapted, good game from him..
ON topic.

I have to agree. If you asked me after October what I thought of Wick, I'd say he isn't all he was cracked up to be. But this is a perfect example of how a player develops over the course of a season. He is a completely different player now than in October and his skill is showing.

I expect him to make the big club next year.

sens83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 03:15 PM
Rumcajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sens83 View Post
ON topic.

I have to agree. If you asked me after October what I thought of Wick, I'd say he isn't all he was cracked up to be. But this is a perfect example of how a player develops over the course of a season. He is a completely different player now than in October and his skill is showing.

Possibly he might get a 10 game stint. From what i saw last night, you give this guy a legit NHL Center (not to diss O'Brien) and this guy could be something.

I say he splits time over the year.

Rumcajs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 03:36 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
ON topic.

The three guys I think will be fighting over a roster spot next season are Wick, O'Brien & Condra, what's funny is that they were a pretty good line together in Bingo. They are all right shots, O'Brien can play C or RW, Wick can play either LW or RW & Condra plays only RW I think, but with his great start in Ottawa he IMO has the inside track. Should be a very interesting training camp.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 03:47 PM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:

Agreed Ski, I just hope your message is read by fans of both teams and listened to.

The negativity can and does get very difficult to accept at times.

Holdurbreathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 03:48 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

You don't think Condra has the edge on Wick and O'Brien? Right now its looking that way. He's been the most impressive call up thus far and I fully expect him to be here next year. He can also play in both a top 6 or bottom six role which I don't believe Wick (top 6 only) and O'Brien (bottom 6 only) can. Just my thoughts.

FolignoQuantumLeap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 03:51 PM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
ON topic.

Good to hear you have seen the improvement and skills. If he continues to get better over the remainder of the year, training camp next fall could be very interesting (in a tough way) for players like Foligno and Regin.

Holdurbreathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 04:06 PM
Lenny the Lynx

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
The three guys I think will be fighting over a roster spot next season are Wick, O'Brien & Condra, what's funny is that they were a pretty good line together in Bingo. They are all right shots, O'Brien can play C or RW, Wick can play either LW or RW & Condra plays only RW I think, but with his great start in Ottawa he IMO has the inside track. Should be a very interesting training camp.
How does Greening fit in - do you think he'll make it for sure and these guys will fight for one other spot? Or is he behind them?

Should be an interesting training camp for sure - such a contrast to the last few years where we had a surplus of bottom sixers which basically shut the door on deserving guys like zack smith.

Lenny the Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote